The Actor Ep. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's a girl," Jake's soothing voice replaced her screams, "let it all out... it's okay... I've got you... let it go... get it all out..." He held her for several minutes, talking softly while swaying her gently as they stood, comforting her while trying not to say anything too forward, like calling her honey or something.

"He blames me, you know," she said eventually, sniffling. "He said I should have told him that there were wild bears here."

"Jesus Christ, I should have shot him when I had the chance. There are signs literally everywhere. He had to sign an acknowledgement form saying he understood about the dangerous wildlife here."

Jamie chortled. "He said he thought that was just to impress the city people." She wiped her face with her arm. "He had all our bags packed. Said, 'Let's go.' And I said I wanted to stay, I wanted to be on vacation with him. He just got up and went to the van." Jake relaxed his grip on her and fixed a few hairs that hung on her face. "I paid for this trip. Me. He didn't contribute a dime. And there's no refunds. It's not the ranch's fault he's a jackass."

"You paid?" Jake couldn't believe his ears. "Doesn't he work? Like, an investment advisor or something?"

"He's just doing that until his inheritance comes through. His parents were very wealthy, but there was a lot of squabbling with the lawyers and all the different companies they owned, so probate is taking a long time. He's supposed to get like 20, 25 million."

"I see... that's a lot of money."

"Yes--oh, I ruined your shirt! I'm so sorry!"

He looked down at the big wet spot on his chest. "It's okay. Tonight is my laundry night. Speaking of night, the sun will drop down behind those mountains in about 15 minutes, and the temperature will start dropping quickly. Let's get our stuff and head back--"

"No." Her adamance seemed to surprise her. "I've wasted a lot of your time, but there's still work to be done. A cowboy has to do what's right, correct? Ride for the brand? Let's get this finished." They hustled hard and got back to the lodge before it got completely dark.

"Will you... have dinner with me, Jake? We can get cleaned up and meet--"

Jake held his hand up. "Whoa there, young lady. They... ummm... they feed us in the bunkhouse. We aren't technically allowed to eat in the dining room. But thank you so much."

"I could have it sent up to my room," Jamie suggested, not looking at Jake. "Would that work? I don't want you to break the Cowboy Code or anything." For the first time that afternoon, a little smile broke over her face.

She's so beautiful, he thought, and vulnerable, and she needs to see what a real man is like instead of that sniveling shithead she's engaged to. But Jake took the high road. "I think tonight... you should call your Chad instead of... doing something you will regret." No! part of his brain screamed at him. Take her right now! She needs to see some real lovin'! He gripped the steering wheel, willing his hands to stay there and not reach for her flesh again, like when he was patting her bare back when she cried earlier.

Jamie looked down to the floor before slowly sliding out of the seat onto the ground. "You're probably right. Say... ummm... are you going on any trail rides tomorrow?"

"Matter of fact, yeah. I'm on the advanced ride tomorrow, since Darryl is still hurt. We will run the horses, not just walk them like today."

"I'm signing up for that." She turned and walked into the lodge.

Chapter Eight

The pretty red-headed female doctor entered the waiting room, read from her clipboard, and called out, "McClinden, for Daisy?"

"McClintock," Jake corrected her.

She looked up and saw Jake sitting there next to an extremely attractive young woman, surrounded by several empty seats. "Oh, Jake, it's... you. It just has the first initial here."

Jake got up to shake the doctor's hand. "How you doin', Liz?"

The doctor frowned and didn't shake his hand. "Well, first things first. Daisy has Equine Influenza, which is really weird because you told Becky she'd had all her shots. But our records indicate she didn't receive any of her last round of injections."

"Aww, shit." He paused for a moment, "sorry for the language. She must've been down on the other ranch when you came by last fall, maybe passed on the highway or something."

"Whatever," the doctor continued. "Old Man Gilroy should've caught this. He needs to get a database, maybe catch up to the twentieth century."

Jake thought for a moment. "Aren't we in the twenty-first century?"

"Exactly. Can you leave her overnight? I want to make sure she's not going to react poorly to the medication because she's going to get a heavy dose. You can pick her up first thing in the morning."

"Yeah... I guess."

"Is that a problem?" The doctor leaned to the right and looked directly at Jamie, who was still sitting down. "I'm sure you and your... ummm... granddaughter... can find some accommodations in town. Save you four hours of driving time."

"Cute, Liz," Jake scowled.

"You used to think so."

Jamie watched silently. Obviously, Jake and this doctor have some history.

Jake looked at his right boot for a moment, then looked up at Doctor Liz again. "I'll see you first thing. Six okay?" He gave her a one-armed hug.

She patted his back. "Six is fine, Jake. Have fun tonight. Don't keep her out too late; it's a school night, you know."

Jake winced at the sarcasm and the obvious dig about Jamie's age. Then he left the veterinarian's office with Jamie in tow as they headed toward the truck. "So... I can probably get you home before they close the kitchen."

"And then what, you get up at 3:30 in the morning to come back here? That doesn't seem like a very smart idea."

Jake shrugged. "It's just ranchin'. Some days are better'n others."

Jamie stopped walking. "Let's go over here," she pointed.

"Huh? Why? We gotta get some gas and get a move on."

"There's a nice little Italian restaurant over there and you're going to take me to it. Unlike you cowboys, I can't have steak every night! Come on." She linked her arm in his and began crossing the basically empty street. Jake didn't seem to have a choice in the matter.

- - - - -

Antonio's Italian was quaint, the decor surprisingly tasteful for a small town. They waited near the door but didn't see a hostess, then a waitress came by and said, "Sit anywhere you like."

They chose a cozy table by the front window and settled in. Finally, a pretty, middle-aged, red-haired server approached them. "Well, look who's back in town," she said in a decidedly unfriendly tone. She eyeballed Jake, tapping her pen on her pad, seemingly waiting for an explanation as to his incursion into her space.

"Hi, Bonnie... I've... ummm... I've got a sick horse, and the Doc is tending to her."

"And I see you have a new... friend."

"This is Jamie, and she's a guest at the ranch."

"A guest, how nice. I hope you're enjoying your stay in our little neck of the woods," she said while giving Jamie a faux smile.

Oh, my God, she's acting just like the doctor, Jamie thought. "I'm having a good time, I really enjoy it here."

"Well, that's wonderful, dear." Jake was nervously fidgeting in his seat while silently praying that she wouldn't say anything else to Jamie. Fortunately, she moved things along. "So, can I get you started with some drinks or maybe an appetizer?"

Jake finished perusing the menu. "We'd like to start with the Autumn Fritto Misto and maybe a bottle of red?"

"We have a beautiful Chianti that's on special this evening." Then, she cut her eyes at Jamie. "Of course, I'll have to see some ID, dear."

"Bonnie..." Jake growled. "Is that really necess--"

"What? I'll get in trouble for serving alcohol to a middle-school girl."

Jamie's face turned a dark shade of red as she dug her ID out of her little clutch purse and handed it to... Bonnie.

She exaggeratingly scratched the piece of plastic with her fingernail, making a very obvious reference to its authenticity. "Twenty-four, really?"

"Yes, I'm 24," Jamie whispered. She'd better not say one fucking thing about it being a school night.

"Well, Jake, it's so good to see you moving on and finding new... friends... to pal around with. What are you, now? Let's see, your birthday was in November, that was your sixtieth, right?"

"Is this going to be a problem?" Jake asked. "Because we can go to Maxie's--"

"Relax, Grandpa, just pulling your chain. I'll get your wine and the Misto, and it was so nice to meet you... dear." Bonnie sashayed off to another table, her hips swishing more than Jamie thought necessary.

Jamie looked at Jake, who was intently studying the menu. "Jake, I can't help but notice... there seems to be a string of broken-hearted redheads all over town."

Jake embarrassingly looked up and shrugged his shoulders. "There aren't many single guys around."

"Hmmm. I got the feeling if we walked over to that clothing store, some red-headed clerk named Sylvia would throw a shoe at you, and maybe at me too."

Jake looked across the street at the clothing store. "Naw," he said laconically, winking at her. "They're closed. Sylvia's gone home. But let's not go to the feed store, okay? Ow!"

Jamie playfully kicked his leg under the table, then stuck her tongue out at him. "Okay, mister, we'll change the subject if you like. It seems your face has been lying to me."

Jake cocked his head to one side as he considered his response. "I hate when it does that. But... ummm... what exactly did it lie about?"

"Your face is telling everyone you're 48, maybe 49. No way are you 60 years old."

"Oh, that."

"Yeah, that."

"Well, I identify as 42, if that makes you feel better." She laughed, not knowing how else to respond. "All told, the years have been kind considering... my youth. I guess I was pretty wild in my younger years... drugs, alcohol, all that."

"But not anymore, right?"

He laughed and then looked seriously into her eyes. "The strongest thing I drink now is Coors and... ummm... I guess, Chianti."

"And no drugs, correct?"

"No, not in 30 years."

"Okay, good."

"So, you don't have a problem with my age?"

"Well, Bonnie referred to you as Grandpa, is that true?"

He laughed. "No, it's not. I've been married twice, but no children... so... no grandchildren either."

"At least none that you know about... you're going to have to move to Wyoming because you seem to have run out of women in Montana," she teased.

"Hey, now! Don't you start with me, too."

She giggled. "Your age isn't a problem, okay?"

He looked deep into her eyes. "Okay."

"Are you... okay with my age?" she asked.

"You're a little... you know... old for my taste." Her jaw dropped open. He could only hold his stoic expression for a couple of seconds before he burst into laughter.

She laughed with him. "I'm going to kick you again, and this time it's going to be in a place that's a lot more painful," she quipped.

"Okay! I surrender!" He paused for a moment before getting serious. "I don't understand why you're interested in me, but I have absolutely no problems with your age."

"Well, good. And maybe I'll tell you later about my supposed interest in you."

Jake smiled at her. Bonnie showed up with a green wine bottle. "Is Chianti a white wine?" he asked.

"Jesus, I'm sorry. Back in a minute." Bonnie walked away, muttering to herself.

"But Jamie, I do have a question." He paused again, then plowed forward. "What's up with Chad?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Whatever you're willing to tell me. But mostly, why are you here with me while you're engaged to him?"

Dishes clattered in the kitchen, customers laughed and talked at their tables, and a lonesome train whistle sounded far off in the distance. "I'm sorry, tough questions, I know," he added.

"No, we've spent so much time together, you have a right to ask me this... to know this."

"I'm trying to be a good guy, you know? I... I can't be the reason you guys break up."

She thought for a moment. "He came into my jewelry store about four years ago. After he bought a Rolex, he asked me out." She paused. "We moved in together, and after about two years he proposed. He was... very charming back then. I didn't even think about it, I just said yes. But now..."

"Second thoughts?"

"I don't know... maybe? Maybe I'm trying to sort some things out... since I... met you," she whispered. "Things just don't seem as clear to me like they once were."

- - - - -

"Alright, so Chianti is a nice thing!" Jake raised his glass of the red wine for another sip.

"Better than Coors?" Jamie asked. She set her glass down on the red-and-white checkered tablecloth. The dining room was thinning out as the locals finished their dinners.

"Nothing's better than Coors, trust me on that. But this does pair well with the chicken parm."

"Listen to you, sounding all sophisticated," she teased. "Sometimes I forget you had a life before ranching."

"Yeah, that.... was a long time ago. My last gig was in the fall. You heard of that series Yellowstone with Kevin Costner?"

"Yeah! You got to work with him?"

"No... I got to be him. From a distance, anyway. We have a similar build, so I rode a horse all around for about a week, wearing different outfits that his character wears, while they filmed me from afar. They also followed me from above with a drone. They probably got ten or 15 hours of me riding my horse through all kinds of backgrounds. And they might use ten or 15 seconds of it during the season, for, like, fill-in shots, you know? The main character is riding around, that kind of thing. But I got paid $11,000."

"So, kinda cool, but that doesn't sound like actual acting."

"Nope. I can still do it, though. My agent says he might have something next month, he's been telling me to get ready. But he's said that before, and I told him so, but he says this thing is going to be perfect for me." Jake drank half his wine.

"Well that sounds great, then!"

"Yeah, well, I don't count my horses till they're inside the corral, ya know? Speaking of horses, what did you think of our ride today?"

Jamie's face lit up at the memory of their excursion earlier in the day. "Oh, my God! It's been so long since I've been on a galloping horse! Just... the power of those creatures, it kind of took my breath away. And with the wind in my hair, the incredible countryside, I felt like... like I was home. Does that sound crazy? I want to do it again tomorrow."

"Not crazy at all, little darlin'. That's Mother Earth callin' to you, tellin' you that you've spent too much time in the concrete jungle."

Is he teasing me? Jamie thought. He seems serious. I didn't think of him being... like a hippie Zen-master or anything. "Maybe you're right. I just know I love it."

"You're a natural on a horse." He picked up the bottle of wine and looked at her. Jamie shook her head; he poured himself the last of the Chianti. "Are you trying to get me drunk on this stuff? It's pretty damn good. Another glass and I won't be able to drive you home."

"Oh, no, that sounds like quite a tragedy," she said sensually. She saw his eyes widen. Did he take that as sarcasm? Maybe he's not interested? She moved an errant lock of her fiery red hair out of her eyes as he watched her intently. Then his gaze traveled lower to the swell of her breasts. Okay, he's interested. That damn Cowboy Code, though, he'll never make the first move. I hope he remembers that John Wayne always kissed the girl and wound up with her at the end of the movie. He just needs a little help and encouragement. "So, any dance halls around here?"

He laughed. "No dance halls. The townsfolk here think that society peaked at running water and indoor toilets."

She grinned. "So... not much to do here, right?"

"No, not much at all, except hard-core drinking at the Wrangler Saloon."

She ran the tip of her finger around her wine glass. "We'll have to make our own entertainment, then, I guess."

"If someone is painting their fence, we could always watch it dry." She giggled, then looked at him seductively and raised her hand for the check. "Hey, what are you doing? I'm paying for dinner."

"No, I'm paying for dinner. You're paying for the motel room."

His jaw dropped, and a shocked look broke over his face. "Are you suggesting we..."

"I'm not suggesting anything, I'm telling you what's going to happen. I've never been with a real cowboy, so you're either sleeping with me or you can spend the night in the truck, but I hear it's supposed to be below freezing tonight and I guarantee I'll keep you a whole lot warmer."

"Well... in that case, we've got the ever-popular Cowboys's Rest motel, which features genuine cable TV, or you've got the old stand-by, the Lay-Z-Inn, conveniently located about a hundred yards to the west."

"Well, we're not going to be watching much TV," she said seductively.

Bonnie came by with the check, but Jamie just laid a hundred-dollar bill on the table, having done the math in her head and leaving a very generous tip despite all of the digs Bonnie had thrown Jamie's way. She spoke loud enough for Bonnie to hear. "Let's go get you laid, Gramps."

Jake winked at Bonnie, who rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Chapter Nine

In her fantasies, Jamie always pictured herself being nervous when it came to... this. But she wasn't. They stood and faced each other in front of the king-size bed in the little motel room that looked like it hadn't been updated since the 60s. That didn't bother her, though. She wasn't here for the decor. It would be a lie to say that she wanted him from the moment she saw him. It was the dance when he swept her off her feet and held her body tight against his as he moved her around the dance floor. She'd never wanted anyone or anything as badly as she wanted him.

He, on the other hand, was terrified. He'd been with a lot of women, but never one like this. He thought she was stunningly beautiful, but she didn't seem to believe it. She also had an inner strength that shined like a beacon. Yet she was delicate and fragile, like a newborn colt who clung to her mother for life. Her beauty drew him in, but it was her spirit that captivated him. He'd simply never met anyone like her, and he felt irrevocably drawn to her.

She slipped into his arms, and they shared a deep passionate kiss that only built in intensity. Again he felt unsure of himself, but she didn't. As their tongues delicately played inside each other's mouths, she began unbuttoning his shirt and then loosening his belt buckle. He'd just slipped her shirt from her body when she tugged down his jeans and desperately tried to hold back a little giggle. "Tighty-whities, we definitely have to update your style, it's boxers now."

A little blush broke over his face. "Boxers let my balls bounce in the saddle, not fun. We'll make finding something else a priority, but not right now." He eased her back on the bed, and under his lustful stare she slipped off her pink bra. Even though she was lying down on her back, her large round breasts held their shape and her pink nipples were hard and erect. He undid her jeans and slipped his fingers through her belt loops, and she lifted her bottom off the mattress to assist him in the removal of her jeans. As he moved them down her thighs, they revealed a pretty pink silk thong... complete with a wet spot in the center. He took a moment to drink her in: Large perfect breasts, a tapered waist, full round hips, and toned tight arms and legs. She should be on the cover of some fashion magazine, not here in some dank motel room with me, he thought.