All Comments on 'The Adulteress'

by Santee110x

Sort by:
  • 167 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Feels like it is not finished

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One small mistake, the radio terminology is, "reading you five BY five."

Happy Memorial Day

ALL GAVE SOME - SOME GAVE ALL

SEMPER FIDELIS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Charlie smiled sadly, "Well, Bev has always been a cheat. Even in high school and college. She cheated on her pilot husband, even while he was flying combat in Vietnam. And she cheated on you - probably every time you went out of town."

So, Charlie knew that he was being cheated on all along. Said nothing. Then, she was infuriated to find that Ted was cheating also. So it goes.

saxman1947saxman1947almost 3 years ago

"Take him to the cleaners". Is there another euphemism for getting a really good divorce settlement? I don't think I have ever seen one. "Take him to the cleaners" has gone beyond cliche and reached the status of a beaten dead horse.

Other than that, great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
A good story

Good enough that I would have liked to see it play out. The details about their divorce and whether he got any of the Trust Fund. Whether he exposed Bev's Mother as a cheating slut. Lots of places to go with this. Thanks for the effort. It was entertaining. I did think his plan could have been better but the old investigator was a hoot.

4 stars

BigK10BigK10almost 3 years ago

No anachronism here. My parents had a garage door opener installed on their house back in 1963. I think that Sears made it, so it was available anyplace that could get a Sears catalog. It even lasted well into the mid to late 1980’s, when I replaced it. Things were made to last longer back then, when quality and value was more important than cost. Good story and nice touch with the tear gas. 5*

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Excellent period piece!!! Nice research on the danger of 'condonation' with a cheating spouse!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Where is the end?

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 3 years ago

It was a good start, but you ended it before the best part of a BtB, the wife suffering the consequences of her infidelity.

What was the aftermath? How did Bev cope with being publicly humiliated? That kind of notoriety would never go away, especially in a small town in the south. Did the betrayed husband inform her father about the mother-in-law's cheating? I can't think of a good reason why he shouldn't destroy Ted's career.

Who did the husband end up with? Charlie, or his friend's niece? How did Bev react to the man she loved dumping her and starting a family with another woman? I imagine a spoilt princess like Bev would've lost her mind at not getting what she wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

SUCH A PATHETICALLY ABRUPT END TO THIS STORY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You don't need to worry about the garage door opener. The opener was invented in 1926, and the first radio remotes for openers were from the 1940s or 1950s. They were very much available commercially by 1970, and with her family money, not unaffordable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this one, but I wondered why you didn't have a proper ending. Personally I would have asked her father if he enjoyed being cheated on by his wife for their entire marriage.

hugplxhugplxalmost 3 years ago

Dropped this when the wife started laying out all her evil deeds to her lover as if they hadn't seen each other before. It really was very stupid.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

this guy needs to talk to all these other writers. Military guy go for the kill, not the cuckoldness a lot of the other writer try to have you believe.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 3 years ago

i hope you post a second part to this. would like to read about the aftermath and hopefully the cheaters getting what they deserve

KristieBechirKristieBechiralmost 3 years ago

Applebee’s didn’t exist until 1980.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

this is mabye half to two thirds of a story

did he get a crack at her trust fund? Alimony? did he let daddy know his daughter was aware of his wife being a whore?

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 3 years ago

Loved the story, especially the military fun & games since, thankfully, I missed all that experience! Great Job, well done, Thank You 5*****

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 3 years ago

Machiavellian machinations. I'll have to 'borrow' that one. What a fun romp. An old and thoroughly used trope, but very well plotted and executed. I'll be sure to explain my smirk this morning to the wife - she'll get a laugh out of it. Thanks. That was entertaining.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteelealmost 3 years ago

Five out of five.

Well told and well written.

I look forward to reading more of your work.

True fact: The majority of adulterous relationships are discovered when one spouse or the other arrives home earlier than expected.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

Typical bullshit story. But Johns no better. He’s married and having an affair. Doesn’t matter if he feels justified and it doesn’t matter that he’s getting a divorce...as of right now he’s still married and do is she.

Lastly, I hate when authors conveniently have the cheaters talk about their plans and the why, the where and the when. If they have been having an affair all these years, there would have been no need

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
A delightful little tale

Better than most on here

Keep up the good work

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

A very good story, despite the obvious anachronisms. A good and quite funny burn.

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Took some creative license with Applebee’s too. The first store began in 1980.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

Would love to read about the aftermath! Hint hint. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Garage door openers were readily available in the early 70's - we had one. It mysteriously went up and down all the time.

nickbgbnickbgbalmost 3 years ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Great story! One of the best I’ve read in a good while, but it ended too soon. I don’t know about anyone else but I’d certainly be interested in a future story with these characters (John and Charlie have unfinished business with Bev’s parents IMO).

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 3 years ago
If you have it set in the mid 70s

May want to nix Applebee's, first one opened in Ga in 1980.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice job. Enjoyed it thoroughly...It was a story served well chilled. Very tasty! Thanks!....5 Stars!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Better than average. I say that in jest, it was very good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Need to burn the mother as well

bassraybassrayalmost 3 years ago

This was an excellent story. The military history was a little out of phase, The outsmarting of the wife was excellent. There was little damage to the house or any of the people. Fun reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Before electronic door openers they used a key.

Just had to get out of the truck.

20 seconds difference.

OdiouserOdiouseralmost 3 years ago

I liked this quite a bit. Very good word crafting. A bit melodramatic in places. And what law enforcement man would intentionally throw out an easily winnable conviction? But a high score all told. Keep em coming

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

One additional suggestion. You really need to explore the nuclear option in your infidelity stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You are wrong about the garage door opener. The were available in abundance in the 60s. Being Of that era my parents had one and all of the neighbors did too. A very good read.

mbh129mbh129almost 3 years ago

That was a great BTB story. I wonder, are Charlie and John have some other adventures coming?

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Good story but nothing that hasn't already been done.

One other thing from a spelling cop:

one womAn

two or more womEn - just like man and men but with wo

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsalmost 3 years ago

Another triumph of a master! Thank you for this entertaining story which came just when I needed it, having read the 79 mostly vicious comments on my own story (which is, sadly, not in your league). 5* ~~ JB Edwards

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Man, that was fun. Though, what happened next? Yeah, leave it to the readers imagination... nah 4/5.

BigGuy33BigGuy33almost 3 years ago

It was fun...

...but there was another timeline issue besides the garage door opener. As you noted, the story took place in the mid-70s. Applebee's was founded in 1980.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

A very good story, told really impressively. I like the plot very much and I hope your protagonist also has the upper hand in the sequel. Refreshingly good story!

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story except for a relatively a timely weak conclusion. Perhaps a sequel is coming. Four stars, five but for the ending.

SKHPSKHPalmost 3 years ago

Well written, but too devoid of emotions. The MC takes it as if he lost out on an unimportant busyness deal.

A real confrontation with the cheating wife would have been a nice addition. But as it seems: she didn't give a shit about her marriage!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 3 years ago

What is not to like. Well crafted and well told.

TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

Liked it but a bit more on the aftermath would have been good.

RStoreRStorealmost 3 years ago

Had a chuckle or two from the story. Thanks for the entertainment.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

Fun, but a bit contrived. Why not just call Charlie the night he discovers the truck in his garage, have her come over, and they confront the two cheaters? It would not be as much fun, but it would be a more natural response to the discovery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Minor story flaw. Tear gas would make the house inhabitable for quite some time. He certainly would not be able to enjoy a glass of wine with Charlie in the house the next day. But hey....it’s fiction and reality is whatever you say it is.

JBinGAJBinGAalmost 3 years ago

perfectly hilarious! Maximum Kudos (and a 5 of course ) ;)

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Decent overall plot, little over top, of course, but still entertaining. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not so great a story, legally he probably got away wit it. But now all parties knew he knew what went down. The law he broke was involving the expense of the fire dept answer a phony call. Plus tear gas use . Is he going after her estate and looking for other financial benefits. Since her father doesn’t know his wife is a slut too. How is she going to handle this divorce. Will he tell the father after the divorce is final. A lot of unanswered questions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Applebee's didn't exist until 1980; too many anachronisms.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

That was good. Damn good. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed your story. Thanks ****

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 3 years ago

Nice flow to this sordid little tale.

Well done. 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ten Commandments - about 1400 to 1500 BC. That's a pretty good ballpark figure. That makes them about 3500 years old. Then you figure Joseph getting tossed into prison after Potiphar's wife falsely accused him of rape when he rebuffed her seduction attempts about 400 years before the Ten Commandments were written and you realize just how long humanity has been dealing with cheating. Of course, none of that matters when you discover it's your husband or wife whose doing you dirty. Somehow knowing you are in a line of cheated spouses stretching back through 4,000 years of recorded history just doesn't make you feel better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed it. A nice few twists and turns. Very nicely written 5*

johnadpjohnadpalmost 3 years ago

Interesting read!

My favorite part: "There are plenty of rednecks, hayseed farmers, slobs, drunks, dope-heads, used-car salesmen, self-absorbed jackasses, dweebs, morons, and no-counts around."

Of course, us in the "North and West" already knew that about the South. Interesting to read that there are a few living in the South who are as self-aware about the South and its shortcomings as Louisa. Gives me hope for the region to know that it's just a majority as she described, and not a totality of the population.

EugenePaulEugenePaulalmost 3 years ago

The military term is "5 by5". Signal strength and readability on a 5 point scale. 5 by 5 means I heard you loud and clear.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Vietnam taught you to never forget. you are never forgotten

des911des911almost 3 years ago

Nicely done; very well planned and executed. Almost like it was written by an engineer with a military background...

I enjoyed it. Thank you

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Nice ending the good guy won the bad guys lose. Entertaining story thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good and enjoyed

jtwheels

dewinsludewinslualmost 3 years ago

Excellent! I very much enjoyed reading your story. Thank you!! 5*

MollydaKatMollydaKatalmost 3 years ago

Wow , where did that come from ???

I think I've tried to read a couple of your other posts , but didn't get too far in . I only read this because of the score , really enjoyed it .

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NYCGuy68NYCGuy68almost 3 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for some lyrics of the Gambler. Oh, great story too!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent!

This is nothing cheaters wouldn't do to get who or what they wanted. Here we have the worse of the worse. I really would like to see how everything turned out but, remembering it is only fiction, I could figure it out for myself.

Five Stars

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 3 years ago
Little jewel of a tale

Little jewel of a tale. It made smile by the ingenuity of the plan and the lucky execution. I guess the stars were properly aligned for John's plan to work so well. Thanks for the story, the effort, and the time writing it, and please, keep writing!

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 3 years ago

Entertaining if familiar tale. Thanks for your work

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 3 years ago

This was well written and very well plotted. I kept looking for holes. As soon as I thought I found one, you filled it in. Well done. You got 5 from me.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Nope. Cant get wrapped up in a wife that has nothing invested in her marriage. An over the top slut, with the overused moms a slut too gem thrown in for good measure, ruins what could be a good story every time.

Seems writers forget that old phrase "Less is more".

Burning the bitch works better when it may appear she truly might love her husband and cares for her marriage, you kids keep thinking "Ill wind the reader up by making her a multi-fuck slut" which doesnt work except on mouth breathers.

PeelercrabPeelercrabalmost 3 years ago

"They didn't put the warning against adultery in the ten commandments 2,500 years ago because it was a new concept." No they didn't. A great line. A classic story no matter how many times it passes. I do not expect the cheaters would even care if they knew about dinner the next night. The only thing that would hurt people like those two was public humiliation. Right up there with waking up with a deer's heart or a horses head.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

"But Johns no better. He’s married and having an affair."

.

Lets say your cell phone carrier stops providing you service, are you going to keep paying the bill month after month until you go to court for an official dissolving of your payment for services contract?

.

She cheated, the marriage is over; he has no legal, moral, or ethical obligation to maintain his side of said contract

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

All's well that ends well!

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

First page read like a SitRep. Dialog was stilted. And who in the heck knows what a 'chortle' sounds like? 3 generous stars.

SirCarlSirCarlalmost 3 years ago

Well thought out, written, and presented.

firedog451firedog451almost 3 years ago

Awesome story. Great that you took away the cell phone issue. Couldn't believe how many commented on Applebys' date of creation. Some have to find some nit to pick. Also impressed that you didn't have any wannabe lawyers telling you how many laws the MC committed. Thanks for a great read.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Anony wrote that knowing you are in a 4000 year line of cheating spouses won’t make you feel better.

LOL! If 50% of people cheat, and you’re married, the odds that either your mother or your father or your spouse cheated are 88.5%!

There are all sorts of statistics out there, some of questionable value, but most of us have heard the 10% figure given that children’s fathers aren’t actually who they’re supposed to be. I’m guessing that’s an overestimate, but who really knows?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked it. It kept me reading all the way thru until the end. I especially liked the "smoke but no fire" part It kept making me wonder what was coming next, as it held your attention. Thanks for writing it, it was a good read for the "Loving Wives category, and not the usual cuckold stuff, even if her daddy was a cuck himself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A decent technical adultery plot. Lots of details about the reveal, the revenge, the equipment and the methodology. The only thing missing, as usual, is the human element. These characters are cyborgs, programmed to fulfill their roles in the plot, but having almost nothing to do with normal human beings.

Bev is a sociopath. She has no sense of ethics, honor, self respect, virtue, or human decency. She is energized by being a cruel cheating whore. She revels in her betrayal and her dishonesty. Bev is mentally ill. Bev's mother is mentally ill. Bev and her mother are pieces of intellectual and societal dog shit. Now, who thinks a normal discerning cognizant man could be deceived by such a blatant guiltless unscrupulous whore? You might as well claim he woke up one morning and suddenly realized that he was married to an aardvark. How was he supposed to know?

So it was an adequate story in terms of methods and vengeance, but it had almost nothing to do with Loving Wives. Bev never loved him, Bev was never a wife, Bev does not even qualify as a normal human being of the female gender. Bev is a monster, a piece of garbage. If you can't tell garbage when you see it, date it, feed it, fuck it, then you deserve to be married to a piece of garbage. He got what her other husband got. He got what her parents raised her to be. He got what he was too blind deaf and dumb to discern and reject. So he got what he deserved. Maybe he'll do better with Charlie.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

And Applebee’s was not around until 1980. Literary license is one thing, getting facts straight is another.

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago

****That was a fun BTB read. Not a new storyline but a fun one where no one got hurt. Very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 3 years ago

That was fun.

It was also well done and interesting.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

NEW the end at the end of page ONE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Standard GI-issue cheating wife story. Even includes the newer, better GF. The writing tends toward the glib. Ho-hum.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

TRY HARDER.

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBoxalmost 3 years ago

This was simply bullshit. If you want to write your own story, then do so. However, writing a conclusion to a previous story by completely altering the character and personalities of the principle characters is ridiculous. The Rick, Marcy and Leslie in this story bear ZERO resemblance to those same characters in the original. Try writing your own stories rather than glomming onto another's work and making a clumsy, ham-fisted attempt to change the characters into who you want them to be rather than who the original author chose them to be. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Funny story. A handful of friends that never hunted , fished seriously or played long rounds of golf would fuck plenty of married pussy . During those times. I remember a friend who would go and video this hot wife he was fucking while hubby hunted. He had her facing the video camera as he pulled her hair/head back while fucking her ass both talking real dirty she was a little bit older and he would verbally abuse her hubby making her say where his dick was , to go faster deeper or harder and mostly what a wimp her hubby was with his little dick that couldn’t satisfy her. Some of the woman were spiteful because they were angry hubbies were out as some put it playing.

Carnes8004Carnes8004almost 3 years ago

From the Message Center of The U.S.S. Carnes 8004...............

Nice story, and the results of the use of CS Gas brought back images of body fluids exiting the nose longer than thr person was tall. Some soldiers would place half of a box of tissues in small baggies to be used upon their exit from the gas chambers. It seems some of your readers are unaware (like Ted), of the preparations soldiers made to go war in a toxic environment thru the Cold War, Desert Storm, and onwards. THANK YOU.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

awesome story!

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 3 years ago

good 5* but he wasn't that fussed, why bother with the elaborate revenge? all he needed was a couple of pics snapped at the time of discovery.

she was a truly heartless bitch but we never got that true sense of evil narcisism, and why not take down her adulteress mother, if your gonna declare war on cuckoldresses make it dirty and brutal on both sides.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

Yea the garage door opener was a bit of a "what did he do after hearing the time frame was late 60's early 70's". I was glade you didn't make the mistake of saying I took my phone out and started recording them incriminating themselves, or using a burner phone to call Charlie or 911. The only other thing that caught my eye was when he said to Jimmy "Thanks, Jimmy; message received 5 out of 5". I always thought it was "5 by 5". Great story. 5 Star effort. Thanks

PornGoddess2PornGoddess2almost 3 years ago

Prettygood.

Minor point: Not "flaunting" - that's waving it in everyone's faces. "Flouting" is the word you were looking for.

A thing i noticed - when i was in Uncle Sammy's Canoe Club {the Navy for those who don't knw that one or didn't figure it out} as an Electronic Tech, the Radiomen always said "Five by Five"...

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

That was good and hilarious.

Though it really hurts me to read of cheating wife smugly boasting of her clandestine betrayal,

but this story nearly had me laughing at the husband's revenge.

Thanks Santee110x.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous