All Comments on 'The Adventures of John Law Ch. 08'

by JohnLaw1950

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
VERISIMILITUDE

As I was reading, I had the feeling that the author had experienced much of this -- especially the military aspects, including the various places he was at in the United States and around the world.

The fancy word for it is virisimilitude.

From the internet:

virisimilitude -- the appearance of being true or real

Discussion from Merriam-Webster:

From its roots, virisimilitude means basically "similarity to the truth."

Most fiction writers and filmmakers aim at some kind of virisimilitude to give their stories an air of reality. They need not show something actually true, or even very common, but simply something believable. A mass of good details in a play, novel, painting, or film may add virisimilitude.

In short, it exudes an autobiographical air.

Although, I would assume there is considerable embellishment.

To me, this is a testament to the skill of the author.

Another 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I agree Paul

Five stars

dommasterjimdommasterjimabout 1 year ago

Great story here... Let's give it another 5 stars again..!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJohnLaw1950@JohnLaw1950
I spent 23 years in the U.S. Army followed by 20 years in law enforcement. During that time I was a bodyguard for many high-profile clients. I have travelled to over 35 countries. I have had many interesting encounters with females during that time.

story TAGS