The Ambo Drivers Wife

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After I was finished, I got our surgeon who was also a justice of the peace to notarise my signature, uploaded and emailed them to the Government site and registered the petition with the court. Then I sent everything to Harly's email address.

"Sweetie, are you sure? Shit you've hardly given yourself a chance to think. Surely you have to talk to him, see what he has to say?" Sheree said comfortingly as she handed me another cup of tea.

"No, we both talked about this. When I was at nurses' college, a boyfriend cheated on me and I explained that to Harly. He knows how I feel. He said the guy was a jerk and he'd never do anything like it."

"So what happened, sweetie? You seem mighty fired up.

I had to tell somebody, so it just rolled out. "Oh my god. No, not Rita, she's such a lovely young girl. She would never do something like that."

"Sheree, there's no doubt in my mind who was in that damned ambulance, and what they were doing. Their language was graphic, do you understand? There was no room for misinterpretation."

"Holy mother of Christ. I have known Rita for several years, and I don't believe I have ever seen her with a boy. She just doesn't seem the type to me."

"You know the old saying, you don't know what goes on behind closed doors."

"What about you, sweetie? How's things been for you at home?"

"Harly's been a bit of a shit, actually. I can't tell you about it, but he's been hard to deal with."

My phone started ringing, I recognised Harly's ID. After calming myself down, I picked up his call and snarled. "Don't call me here. I'm at work. Check your email." I disconnected the call.

It was Harly's day off, so he picked up the kids from school. Although when I got home, he was still furiously trying to clean down the ambulance.

When he saw me walk up the driveway, he looked angry. "Why the hell did you do that, Nola?"

"I didn't have a gun."

He shook his head sadly. "We better talk, aye?"

"Where are the kids?"

"In their rooms doing homework and eating sandwiches."

"All right, you want to talk. Let's start with did you fill out the divorce paperwork?"

"Of course not. I know you're mad, Nola, but that is a total over reaction. I did the wrong thing, but let's talk about it like grown ups. I don't mean you having another one of your fucking tantrums like a little girl."

"Yeah, so you aren't going to deny it. You and Rita have been having an affair?"

"No, it's not an affair. Jesus, girl. We only did it a few times."

"More than once makes it an affair, and I assume if I hadn't found out you'd still be doing it tomorrow, as well."

"Nola, we tried to get you involved. That's what we really wanted. All of us together. Rita really likes you, she's so into you, doll. Honestly, if you'd just open your mind, think about the possibilities."

"Oh my god, listen to yourself. How many flaming times do I have to say I'm not flaming interested? Especially with that fucking bitch. Banging my hubby is hardly going to win my affection."

"She really wanted to be with you, Nola, not me. She really likes you. I was just keeping your place warm."

"Fuck off, Harly. All I want from you at the moment is the paperwork signed and sent in. And I want you moved out tonight. I don't give a fuck where you go, but I want you gone."

"Nola, this is my house as well."

"Not for much longer. Tomorrow I'm going to the bank to see about buying out your share."

"Fucking hell, Nola. Give me a chance here. I won't accept it, and I'm not leaving. We need to talk."

I pulled out my mobile phone and waved it under his nose. "You are leaving tonight, or the video of you fucking Rita in the Ambulance is being sent straight to your supervisor. Christ, the video's not that clear but the audio will sink you alone."

His face hardened into a determined glare. "You're bluffing. If you did that we'd lose our jobs. You know we can't afford that."

"I'm way past caring. Get your shit together and fuck off, or this little video goes viral." I sniggered. "I'm sure the whole ambo service is dying to hear....'Oh fuck yes, oh fuck that feels good, Harly.... Jesus, Rita, if you don't take your finger out of my arse, I'm going to come, babe.'

'Shut up and do it, I want to feel it squirting up inside me.'"

He glared at me with a mixture of confusion and guilt.

"Yeah, that's right arsehole. I was there and I recorded it on my phone. So unless you want your employers to see the recording. I want you out of here. Right now."

"What about the kids, what do I tell them?" he said, defeat clear in his features.

"Tell them whatever the fuck you want, just get out."

"Please, Nola, can't we talk about this?" He reached for my hand but I snatched it away.

"Maybe later, a week, give me a week."

"Jesus, I'm sorry, Nola, this isn't the outcome we wanted. We both wanted to have you involved. We wanted a proper threesome, but you've been so anti, we got sick of waiting. I never meant to hurt you."

"Bullshit, Harly. What did you think I was going to say once I found out? Yay... My husbands a cheating bastard, but it looks like fun?"

"Nola," he said pleadingly, seeing a hopeful chink in my attack. "Doll, think about it... it could be fun, so much fun. Rita is so attracted to you, and she has lots of experience with women. Jesus, I remember when you met her. You said she was hot as hell."

"Physically, she's all that. No doubt, Harly. The problem is what's inside. She's just a bitch, a skanky nasty piece of shit. She's clearly got no morals. Banging her friend's husband. How many times have you done it in our bed, in our house?"

He stood staring at the ground, guilt and shame washing over him.

"Get out, Harly, and take enough clothes so you don't have to come back for a week."

He wandered off to pack and talk to the kids. I heard him say he had to be gone for a few days for work.

After he was gone, Elise and Jona came out to the kitchen. "Why did Daddy leave, Mummy?"

"He is busy, sweetheart. He will be gone for a little while. It means we have to pitch in and help, okay?"

They looked despondent, but when I said, "Jona, you're the man of the house now. You have to be strong," he puffed out his chest and said, "I got this, Mummy."

I swear that boy watches too much television. It was lonely in bed that night. Sleeping in an empty bed wasn't unusual, but this was different. Harly worked shifts, so I was used to sleeping by myself. Somehow, this felt final. I had been so angry during the day the tears never came, but there, alone in my bed, surrounded by the darkness, the tears flooded out and I couldn't stop them.

I recognised a lot of what I said was the anger speaking. The guy was an idiot. Our marriage had been pretty good. Like most marriages, I guess. We started off in a whirlwind of passion and lust. Then the kids came along and sex dried up for a spell. Shift work, long hours, moving into our new home, night feedings, dirty nappies.

I suppose if we had talked about it rather than him pressuring me, it might have happened. I, just like most people had considered it. His attitude was what killed it for me...I think, knowing what I now knew, that was what upset me with Rita. She had been trying to groom me. It wasn't seduction, it was an attempt to make it seem acceptable, normal, something I should want.

All of that took the gloss off what had been a wonderful marriage.

Okay, the sex could have been better. After the kids, Harly lost the desire for foreplay and for a while it was just five minute quickies. He might have got his rocks off, but I didn't.

It was bad enough before the kids. It took me ages to train him. I got sick of faking orgasms to boost his moral. When I stopped faking, he asked, "What happened, you didn't come?"

"Harly, I can't orgasm from just penetration. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but for me to orgasm, it takes foreplay, it takes stimulation. I need to warm up. Three minutes of you finger blasting me, doesn't do it."

He was pretty good about it. I expected him to sulk, but he went the other way and asked me what I needed. It was nice, and I guided him, taught him the fine art of cunnilingus, how to use his fingers to arouse me. Showed him all of my erogenous zones. Showed him that he didn't have to dive right for my tits every time. He could take his time, and he could get my motor running other ways.

He was a good student and learned well. Right up until the kids came along, and suddenly we were back to wham-bam thank you ma'am.

Aside from the sex, he had been a great husband. Yeah, he could be lazy around the house. After I stopped work to stay home and look after the kids, he fell right off the house work radar. Suddenly, it was all my job.

That pissed me off, because we had always shared. Now it was like he was king dick making royal proclamations. He worked, so the housework was all down to me.

When I went back to work, it took a full on war before he decided that the hours I worked were as long as his, and I made more money.

I did love him, but this whole thing pissed me off. The way he almost tried to herd me into the threesome thing with Rita. Then to actually fuck her. Fucking prick...

I had to ask Mum to pick up the kids and look after them for me until I could get home.

Mum being Mum, she didn't ask any questions, just did as I asked. When I got home, the kids were bathed, and Mum had cooked us all dinner. All through dinner, she talked normally, but her eyes kept asking the questions.

With the kids in bed, she sat me down. "All right, honey. What the heck is going on?"

"I caught Harly having sex with Rita yesterday. I kicked him out."

She drew me into her motherly arms, as mums do and she held me tight. "Oh sweetheart. I'm so sorry. What did he say?"

"He apologised of course."

"Was it a one off, or an affair?"

"It was an affair, Mum. Been going on for months."

"Good heavens, and she is such a lovely girl. I would never have suspected."

"Yeah, me too, Mum. Took me completely by surprise."

""Where is Harly staying?"

"Don't know and don't care. I have already filed divorce papers at the court."

Mums arms dropped and she gasped open mouthed. "No... Oh Nola, that is silly. You need to talk to him. You have children, and they adore him."

"I know, Mum, but how the hell do I live with him after that?"

"Are they in love, is that's what's happening?"

"I don't know, Mum. All I know is. I'm not being disrespected like that. She was my bloody friend as well."

"I know dear, it is unbelievable she would do something like that. What a bloody hussy."

"Hah, hussy be damned. She's a skanky bitch, but he's no better. It takes two to tango, Mum."

"Yes, I know dear, but he's your husband. The father of your children. I think you really should think twice before you start talking divorce. Talk to him, see if there is some way to make it work. What if you could get him to promise he'd never do it again? Then maybe counselling. Father Jefferies at the church might be able to help."

The anger and frustration felt overwhelming. "What's the point, Mum? We made those promises already. If he can break it this time, what makes a new one any better?"

My mum, what could I say? She held me in her arms and squeezed."All I am suggesting is talk to him. Heavens, think about what you have to lose. Life isn't easy for a solo mother."

We were still talking when Dad walked in. "Oh no, what's wrong? You two look like the worlds ending."

Mum dived in before I could say anything. "Nola caught Harly cheating with Rita."

Dad just about choked, as he gasped, "You mean, caught them caught them?"

I nodded. "Yes, Dad, caught them hard at it."

"Well bugger me. The bloody rats. I would never have suspected Rita capable of that."

Why were they so quick to defend her? It wasn't helping my anger levels. "Take it from me, Dad, she was a very willing partner."

"Oh bugger," he huffed, his disgust very evident. "So what are you doing about it?"

Mum dived in before I could answer. "She's talking divorce, Laurence."

He glared at me in shock. "Whoa, bit early for that isn't it? I mean, I agree, the behaviour is unacceptable, but divorce... That's very final, pudding."

"Sorry Dad, but I'm not putting up with it. If he does it once, he'll do it again."

"Has he said anything... I mean have there been any issues at home that might make you think he was up to no good?"

Swallowing my pride I admitted. "He's been going on and on about wanting a threesome, and yeah, Rita's name was mentioned. I told him no bloody way. I never thought he'd cheat though."

Dad nodded, walked over and enveloped me in one of his fix-anything hugs.

"Nola, you have to talk to him. You can't throw everything away because of this. The kids would be devastated."

My father could be a very intimidating man. He was big and strong, hugely powerful. He had worked in the iron foundry in town his whole life. It surprised me that he thought I should forgive Harly. Over the years, I'd heard him talking to his mates about wives who had been caught out doing the dirty. He was always adamant, divorce was the only answer.

This irritated me, it smacked of all the old fashioned double standards. Men were judged by different standards. I thought dad would be on my side, not Harly's.

It seemed everybody I talked to had the same opinion. Even my best friend Rachel agreed. Harly was a well liked and respected bloke. He played his whole life for the local Rugby club. He worked hard for charities, did plenty of fund raising for the ambulance association.

Yeah he was an all around good guy. It was the kids who made me swallow my pride and give him a call. He sounded a bit muffled, but happy enough when I invited him over for dinner.

When he walked in I gasped in horror. "What in blue blazers happened to you?" His face was battered and bruised, his nose broken, his lip slit. There were lacerations all over his face.

He gave me a sullen glare. "Your bloody father, that's what."

"You're saying my dad did that too you?"

"Yeah, just walked up to me, no talking, nothing. He just laid into me. Afterwards, he said if I ever disrespected his daughter again, I could expect another dose, but next time I wouldn't leave with my balls in tact. Apparently, he saved that this time in case we were going to have more kids."

Just then the kids rushed out after hearing his voice. They clambered all over him, causing him to wince in agony. Apparently, he had a couple of broken ribs as well.

During dinner, conversation was light. We let the kids carry us through, talking about school and friends.

"How long will you be off work?"

"About a week. I have to go back to the doc to get the strapping off my ribs."

With the kids tucked up in bed, we sat down to talk.

"Why did you do it, Harly?"

"I didn't set out to do it Nola. Rita, and I have always got along great, and we talked a bit, especially during night shifts. You know we covered some weird shit at three in the morning. C'mon, Nola, Rita is a very sexy chick."

"I work with handsome men every day. You don't see me jumping into bed with them."

"This is different. We work in life and death situations every day, and that forces you to be more open with each other. There were times when we just held each other crying. It sucks going to car accidents where kids have died. It's fucking painful. We learned to lean on each other, we had each others backs. She saved my arse more than a couple of times, saw things I missed. We got close."

"Harly, I'm not a fool. I know how it works with ambulance drivers. I have heard all your work mates talking about it. It's no excuse for jumping into bed."

"That's not how it started, Nola. One day I asked how come we never met any of her boyfriends. She confessed in tears that she was bisexual, that she mostly dated women, but in such a small town wanted to keep it on the down low. Then she mentioned how attracted to you she was."

It made sense; I had always wondered why I never saw her with blokes. It also explained the trip to the gay bar. "I still don't understand why you ended up in bed together."

"We didn't. Not right away, It just opened up our conversations and they got sexier and before long, we started having the threesome talk. Shit, Nola, she was so into you, so hot for you."

It didn't make sense, and it rang of him trying to save his arse. "Oh please, cut it out. You don't expect me to believe that shit do you?"

"It's true, Nola. Christ we both tried over the last year to get you interested. That's what we both wanted. You just never took the bait. Recently we talked more, things got intimate and we ended up doing it."

"Shit, you can talk some crap. How many times have you done it?"

"Only a couple. Rita's not really into guys."

"Sure sounded like it the other day." I hissed in reply.

"Yeah, I guess we got used to each other. Nola, I don't want divorce. I'll do anything to put this behind us, anything."

"I am doing this for the kids, Harly. You better understand this. If you and I didn't have those gorgeous little creatures, your arse would be grass, buddy, and I'd gladly be the lawnmower. But, and only because of them. I'm prepared to see if we can work it out."

"Thanks, Nola, you won't regret it. I'd hug you now, but movement's very difficult."

"Yeah, I get it. There's gonna be some changes, though. You need to ask for a swap. Rita has to go."

He grimaced. "I can't do that, Nola. Management would want to know why, and it would have to be more than we just don't get along. Shit, babe, we've been partners for two years and everybody knows we get along great. I can't just ask for a transfer."

"Then this discussion is moot. If she stays, you go, it's that simple."

"Fuck," he sighed in frustration. "I'll try, Nola, but it's not going to be that simple. You know what they're like. I'd have to come up with a legitimate excuse."

"Simple really, Harly. Tell them that I hate the bitch, and if I catch up with her, she's going to look like you do now."

"Nola, honey, please don't make trouble. It's going to be hard enough to keep this quiet as it is. Jesus, I've worked my whole life in that job. The ambulance service has been my whole life."

"There's other changes as well, Harly. You're not sleeping in our bed; your injuries will be good cover for the kids. There'll be no sex, not for a long time. You better get used to wanking."

"How the hell is that going to help us repair anything?"

"I don't know, Harly, all I know is, just looking at you makes me sick."

"So can I stay tonight?"

"No, not tonight, give me another couple of days."

I tried, I really did. He moved back home, Although we weren't sharing a bed, he helped around the house, he really went the extra mile. We talked, but it was frosty and awkward. I accepted him back into our bed, and we had sex, but it simply wasn't the same. I kept getting flashbacks of that day. They popped into my head when we were going at it; suddenly I heard Rita's voice begging him to fuck her harder. We were having sex, but the intimacy never returned. It got to the stage even when he tried to kiss me, my stomach turned.

On top of that, his refusal to get a transfer really pissed me off. He said that nothing happened between them, and it was cool. That was easy for him to say, but it gutted me.

Day by day, my animosity grew. The doctor's surgery where I worked was a great work atmosphere. It resembled a family. Roger, the owner of the franchise, was wonderful. He knew something was up, and one day I was feeling so low I burst into tears. He saw me and drew me into a hug. He walked me into the smoko room and held me in a fatherly hug.

Right at that moment, Harly walked in, saw us in an embrace and flew off the handle. He screamed and pushed Roger. "You fucking slut," he yelled. "You hypocritical bitch."