All Comments on 'The Arete - Princess-Consort Ch. 01'

by LesbianChickLit

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
FriskyMindFriskyMindover 3 years ago

I did a double take followed by a huge grin when your story popped up tonight. I thought you may be gone forever. Yay!! You’re such a fabulous writer! Whatever has kept you busy, I hope all went well. Now I only have to worry when the next chapter will show up. You haven’t lost a step! Though there is a clear love story developing , the potential for disaster suggests many chapters to come. I can’t wait!

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this 1st chapter. I love the time you took in setting scene/era. I have not read too many stories set in medieval times (good ones this is). You’ve done a great job developing the characters and intrigue each of them bring to the story. You have me hooked on this one, can’t wait for the next part. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️s from me.

TSreaderTSreaderover 3 years ago

Wow, this opening chapter is wonderfully written and is smooth reading... I'm really looking forward to reading more of this story. Thank you for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So excited

I was like wow....she’s back! This story is going to be soooo good! I can feel it!

MaonaighMaonaighover 3 years ago
Near perfect

Congratulations, LCL, on producing what promises to be a first-rate fantasy tale. Creating a different and near-perfect socio/political system and making it totally believable is not the most easy of tasks. You have managed it well with this matriarchal Amazonian society and its apparently seasonal warfare 'games'. Five stars (and I could make it ten to encourage speedy delivery of the next chapter).

LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you all for the comments, votes, and favorites.

There should be six total chapters coming out fairly rapidfire over the next couple weeks. I haven't finished writing the story arc in my head (if only I'd the time to write that I do to muse,) but I think I leave it in a pretty satisfying place about 70k words in.

The matriarchy is a conceit similar to ones I've used previously that allows more lesbian romantic pairing flexibility for me as characters develop and interact. Never meant as a commentary on gender in general.

Once I compromised on historical accuracy in the biological requirements of the human race, mixing Sassanid and Iberian weaponry didn't feel like as big a deal. Without really being able to claim even alt history or low fantasy, I classified it as uchronia. So, this is an historical accuracy disclaimer for an erotic story with some historical elements.

Air_DryAir_Dryover 3 years ago
Very Good

I saw title and description and had a degree of scepticism but with your name attached I decided to give it a chance. I know you are an excellent writer yet I was hesitant to start. That being said I was quickly drawn in and pleasantly surprised. I have to fight my reading prejudices often and I'm happy when I begin a sceptic and become a willing convert. Then I want to comment and my vocabulary fails me. I'm afraid I won't make any sense so I tend to keep comments short. I would never guess the historical context behind your writing or that there even was history involved. If I stick around long enough maybe I'll learn to figure a few things out on my own. So I'm about to start part 2. I'll stick around for all 6 parts. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Simply amazing

So far this is the best story I've read in months, if not more. The concept is intriguing, the writing style is awesome, and the characters are really interesting as well. Incredible work so far, I hope I won't be let down by the following chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Game of Thrones with an all-girl cast

Wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Looks like a great one.

There are some good stories in Literotica, but only occasional great ones. This one is definitely worth multiple trips to the dictionary. You even trusted us to work out the naming conventions without help. This will be fun to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent!

I look forward to reading this series!

Thanks for sharing your work.

JackE69JackE69over 1 year ago

Interesting, well written and moreish, although you have written women as men? Why not just write men?

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 1 year ago

Fantasy is not a normal component of my reading here or elsewhere, but this story has drawn me in. I look forward to reading the rest of it.

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

Absolutely masterful writing of a carefully constructed world (and I know the effort that goes into that).

Happy looking forward to the next chapter…

Nicole2023Nicole202311 months ago

Love it when I have to use a dictionary to understand. I’m vested in this

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm with Nicole 2023.As a native Swahili speaker, I'm deeply invested in this story though for a dictionary, I'm using context. Outstanding work as usual.

Sending all the love from the land of cool waters. Shukran.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLesbianChickLit@LesbianChickLit
Looking for beta readers for drafts of new Arete chapters (different narrator, not Taiglox) in revision. If you've time to read and lend a critical eye, please let me know?