All Comments on 'The Arete - Princess-Consort Ch. 04'

by LesbianChickLit

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Quite the little world you have crafted. I really enjoy this story and find myself anxiously awaiting each new chapter.

MaonaighMaonaighover 3 years ago
Superb saga

I am really enjoying this superb fantasy world you have created but there is something I must raise in the interests of reality. This is an Amazonian/matriarchal society and so far in the story everyone, from the humblest servant to the Queen, is female. There has never been any mention of male presence. How then do they reproduce? Parthenogenesis or something similar perhaps? But whatever the answer, it's still five stars from me.

TSreaderTSreaderover 3 years ago

Wonderfully written and an amazingly creative! Thank you!

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 3 years ago

This tale continues to hold my attention and anticipation all because of your talented writing and imagination. The wide range of characters is making this very enjoyable to read and very easy for the reader to become attached to some of them. With the way this chapter ended I am looking forward to where you take them and us next. Another 5 star quality chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thankful for another chapter

Hating the waiting for this chapter for this to post! Loved the flow of the story. The innocence of Caeli is so enduring and I love the protection her Tai provides. The slow heat of their love making actually makes sense! LOVE THIS STORY!

Ash_legendAsh_legendover 3 years ago
Brilliant

It’s the “game of thrones” this little gay girl over here didn’t know she needed in her life. I love it, so rich and full of detail. So intricate and delicate. I love the romance, the warmth. Please don’t stop writing and publishing here, I think the only thing that would ruin it for me would be for the story not to be completed.

LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you all.

Maonaigh, I've painted myself into a corner a bit on that one, huh? I have been lazily copping out on reproduction since it won't come up for a few chapters yet, but I will need to make a decision. (Thankfully, this is the only world where I've omitted men entirely.)

The traditional Amazon approach bothered me though as a dictionary feminist and wouldn't honestly be believable anyway, so it is certainly going to be parthenogenetic in the sense that there won't be sperm or physical genetic material from a second individual, but obviously can't use the modern scientific intentioned single individual approach.

I'm torn between having had the parthenogenesis be a natural evolutionary response to a global loss of males or viable sperm at some point in their prehistory (which would be about as effective for Taiglox to explain as Moses describing evolution itself) or to simply invent a magical solution instead (which would change the tone of the story in a way that would otherwise be unnecessary.)

Girly of me, but the only thing that I have decided is that the mental/emotional/hormonal state of the mother will be essential to becoming pregnant, that she has to be 'nesting' for lack of a better word. Mostly for character building and interaction, but also because uncontrollable single individual reproduction would be damned awkward in a warcamp.

On this score and many others, I am open to suggestion?

Clouded_yellowClouded_yellowover 3 years ago
Simply Brilliant!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story and your imaginative yet very much believable little world. The story pulls you within and heightens anticipation of how it may unfold further. Can't wait to read the next chapter. Thanks once again for sharing this wonderful story with us. Great job!!

Sammantha_RabbitSammantha_Rabbitover 3 years ago

This is another great chapter to a brilliantly woven story and your world building is always excellent. You always create such living breathing worlds inhabited by characters that I just want to get to know and live alongside of. You make them so rich and each with their own individual personalities and idiosyncrasies which makes it feel as if the world is populated by people, and you're just giving us a snapshot of their lives rather than them just being characters.

If you dont mind me making a suggestion, I read yours and Maonaigh comment on reproduction in your story and your thoughts on the awkwardness of spontaneous individual reproduction in a war camp and more generally.

I read your comment about the mental/emotional/hormonal state of the mother being crucial, and it made me think of a plant the ancient Greeks and Romans used called Silphium, which acted as a contraceptive. Perhaps this world might have something similar, but that could be used to induce a state receptive to pregnancy instead of preventing it.

Anyway thank you for another amazing chapter and I look forward to more.

lilshymynxlilshymynxabout 3 years ago

I am absolutely loving this series and it has invaded my dreams. I was halfway through this chapter last night when I realized that it was 2am and I had to be up in 4 hours. Reluctantly I put my tablet down, but my dreams were filled with wild ideas about the story. It got to the point that I couldn't remember what had actually happened in the story and what I had dreamt, so I started over again this evening.

Not that I am complaining about that. You write beautifully and the world you have crafted is amazing. The gentle blossoming of Tai and Caeli's relationship reminds me so much of the early stages of my partner and I. Such wonderful memories!!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

What an fabulous extraordinary tale already to this point ...... You having a beautiful talent writing such wonderful stories ...... And this precious time to let LOVE grow and slip from heart to heart from soul to soul is heartfilling to read ....... A dreamy lovely wonderful chapter ...... Master degree for it 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLesbianChickLit@LesbianChickLit
Looking for beta readers for drafts of new Arete chapters (different narrator, not Taiglox) in revision. If you've time to read and lend a critical eye, please let me know?