All Comments on 'The Arete - Princess-Consort Ch. 06'

by LesbianChickLit

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
TSreaderTSreaderover 3 years ago

I do not know how you can make this wonderful story even better, but you are sure succeeding at it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

CreatingKateCreatingKateover 3 years ago

Excellent as always. Your characters are so unique and fit into the world you've crafted perfectly. Thank you for your faithful posting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Continue please!

This reads like and amazing conclusion to an amazing tale in an amazing World but I hope it isn't a conclusion. Thank you for the masterpiece either way, LCL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yeah

Loved another chapter of this great love story! This one surprised me...little Caeli isn’t as innocent as I once believed...introducing her beloved to a little anal play and now she wants to tie her up...I love it. The scene when she busts into the court was precious and so was the Queen’s (typical mom) reaction!!

noodlyarmsnoodlyarmsover 3 years ago

Really good chapter, looking forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Remarkable story - feels like an adventure.

The world could do with a Taiglox or two.

Wonderful characters and the story is woven together oh so imaginatively and skillfully.

I thought that at the beginning there had been an authors note pointing to 6 chapters, but maybe mistaken as thankfully it doesn't look as though we have reached anything like an ending. Hope so.

Great concept and the story is beautifully told.

Sammantha_RabbitSammantha_Rabbitover 3 years ago

It's the little things in this story that makes me keep coming back and reading and re-reading your chapters. Like the parts of your world building where you have a naming convention for each type of character to reflect their duties, though I am still trying to figure out a couple, whether Plinit finishes with a t because she is a page and too young to have chosen a direction; or if it is because she is on track for another career, like v becomes x; or if t doesn't mean anything at all and you only add the final letter after a certian age. Your world has history and a substance and richness and I just find myself lost in it. Thank you for giving us a taste of it, and I look forward to what comes next.

Clouded_yellowClouded_yellowover 3 years ago
Amazing as usual!

Getting more interesting as we progress. Your story takes me back to the historic / pre-historic age. Loving the journey and can't wait to travel further with your prime characters!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic escapism

I have thoroughly enjoyed every chapter as a wonderful escapism from real life at present!

You paint a wonderfully descriptive picture with a well woven storyline. I wish I coud meet Tai and I imagine dear Caeli to have a secret fire in her belly!

I would love to read more about all your interesting characters and immerse myself again in the world you have created.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I have greatly enjoyed this story. I'm a bit of a sucker for a good romance novel sex or no sex and sincerely hope there's more to this as it doesnt feel like this one is over yet

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

I am glad to see you back! Every time I reread one of your stories I notice something I missed the first time. Thank you for giving us this gift in troubling times and not making us wait too long for the next instalment! I’d love to read more of these two, but am glad you finished the story so well and not left us wondering what will happen.

SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesarover 3 years ago
wtf I'm a Romaboo now

It took me almost two years to finally verify this account, so where better to christen it than one of the best series I've had the pleasure to read? Giving a historical setting a gynocentric spin is one of my guiltiest pleasures this side of "proper" fetish works; the opening paragraphs recalled sinfulwolf's "A Private Triumph" so much that until I realized you were separate authors I thought this took place in the same universe.

And -what- a world! I'm not an expert on the Classical period, but I can always tell when someone's done their research—especially the rules on Roman naming conventions. While the setting seems to straddle the high Imperial age and the Medieval era given the jousting tournament, I couldn't help trying to figure out if the horde crisis was based on a specific conflict. It's attention to those 'little' things—the social ranks, the palace intrigue—that separates inspired historical fiction from a quick wallpaper.

And then, of course, there's the story itself: I'm a sucker for the mushy stuff, and nothing hits harder than an arranged marriage where one falls in love with one's wife; that Taiglox is a career soldier with the heart of a puppy makes it all the better. I'm almost disappointed this was only slated for six chapters: it feels like they're just hitting their stride, and given the constant reminders Tai would -literally- be drawn and quartered if she stepped out of line, I was -certain- Fortuna would drag her into a house feud in future chapters.

My only stumbling block was the glaring absence of an explanation for where babies come from; though I gather from comments in previous chapters that was always an afterthought to the central premise.

All in all: XX/XX, would ave the Imperatrix again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for this wonderful story; I felt like I was reading "Female General and Eldest Princess" all over again. I even dare to say, your story is way better in some aspects, but that may be just me loving all the fluff. =D I definitely did enjoy reading your story more (oh, God, all that angst in FGEP almost killed me!), although you have a very peculiar writing style that's not easily understandable for someone who's first language isn't English.

Thank you again and I hope you will write more similar stories. =)

PS. For anyone reading this, "Female General and Eldest Princess" is a very lengthy slow-burn historical novel and it's not for faint of heart; and it's definitely not worth reading for sex scenes, 'cause there are none, at least not descriptive ones. But if you want a historical fictional novel set in ancient China with a lot of intrigue and angst and lesbians, you can look it up. Although, it does have a happy end, so... Also, I daresay I cried and you probably will too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Are you going to continue this amazing story? It is one of your best!

LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Short answer: Yes

Longer answer: Yes, but nothing that'll be ready in the near future. I have more of Taiglox and Caeli's story and a couple offshoots in progress.

ScloseeScloseeover 2 years ago

Amazingly!!! I absolutely love this series and look forward to the future offshoots as well as the rest of this brilliant story. I love fantasy as well as slow burning love stories. You hit it out of the park with the perfect amount of everything I love. Well done!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

As for all your stories 5 stars are definitely not enough ...... So take this hearts stars in addition

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

You are fantastic , a fantastic writer a fantastic fantasy writer and all combined with a great heart and soul ...... Pure love is spreading out of those chapters ....... Its amazing how Dear Princess Ceali learns sexual service, ok nothing new in www times , but watching down into the book looking closely needing light tryout reading and so on SO INTENSE LOVELY SO HEARTWARMING

Tank you for sharing this talent and publishing all your work, but this here is a masterpiece

BodysurferyeahBodysurferyeahover 1 year ago

The predicament is progeny. Proliferation, procreation (pregnancy?), and propagation for posterity is the question. So parthenogenesis is the answer? More importantly, great job. The caring, benevolence, and honor are refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love how even though Taiglox has more legal authority in the relationship due to Caeli being married into her house, the relationship is still equal partly because Caeli has a lot of influence on her and (almost) always gets her way.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 1 year ago

It's been a pleasure to spend some time in your fantasy world. As well as the issue of procreation, there is another aspect which I think lacks explanation. Caeli's sisters have all been raised to take part in war, but she has had a very different upbringing. When their options are not determined by gender, how do women end up in either a military or domestic role? But I suppose a fantasy world doesn't always need everything to be explained to be a success.

LilkahunaLilkahunaover 1 year ago

Wonderful. Such creativity and attention to detail. I can only reiterate the comments of others, however, since I, too, kept waiting for you to answer the question of procreation. Other than that, just beautiful fantasy

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

Possibly the best conceived, best executed, and best received of any work I've read in the years I've been here at Lit.

Nicole2023Nicole202311 months ago

I’m sad they died…I really need Tia to kill her aunt. Basically more, love the voice you gave the characters

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Love it but quick question or 2 actually 1 I didn’t notice any men which either means there are some but they weren’t mentioned or I didn’t notice any mentioned or there aren’t any in which case how do they have children? Or did you not put that much thought in 2 why were Caeli’s sisters trained to be warriors but not her?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hi, thank you for the beautiful story. We rarely have a writer as diverse as you. Your heroines- Tai, Kay(My GF & How We Fucking Met) & Phuong( Come in My Roving friend)are as different in Nobility but I love their strength and vulnerability with their women.

Thank you for sharing your depth of knowledge( epic in this case). I hope you come back with more stories. Shukran

snornsnorn3 months ago

Beautiful, just beautiful. Love the world building. :-)

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

We are still patiently waiting for continuation or offshoot or whatever from this world you built. =D

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLesbianChickLit@LesbianChickLit
Looking for beta readers for drafts of new Arete chapters (different narrator, not Taiglox) in revision. If you've time to read and lend a critical eye, please let me know?

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES