All Comments on 'The Argive Ch. 006-010'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Somehow I don't think that's the last we will see of Astara!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have been looking forward to this next group of chapters dropping-- did not disappoint. Thanks!

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Appreciated the interlude with Lysander, and at least to see another possible and promising fighter other than Theron, as the reason is obvious: there's already a pattern in both this story and the Starfinder one that revolves around only 2 characters, and that should be expanded by exploring others.

Astara's really the complete package, although her father is a certifiable douche. Nice twist with Lysandra and how "insatiable" she was...while showcasing Lysander as the non-jealous type.

Lovely interlude with great battle details. 5

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

Hmmm!

I’m a student of Ancient History, have been so all my life. I believe you have set your story in the Geometric Period, a lot of the tale fits.

However to make your story fit OUR times you have deliberately ignored the societal norms of relationships in Ancient Greece. Particularly the interactions between men and women.

To put it simply for the class your main characters hail from, women were rarely seen and most certainly not heard in public full stop.

Also, l note that Lysandra appears to head the household with her brother. That would not be so. Lysander would be the head of the household given his age,and his sister would not be roaming the streets and going to taverns.

But, given all the inaccuracies l am loving the story and have given each chapter 5/5.

A story set around the Mycenaean period would be a lot of fun as well and if we had chariots involved, it could be said to be in that period. But it isn’t.

Keep it up, l’m loving it.

pk2curiouspk2curiousalmost 2 years ago

Hmmm! Mr student below . When will you learn that authors , modern authors have complete freedom of control of their other world building . In their fiction it is much more common to include mannerisms and customs of more modern practice . Rather than try to be historically correct . A mixture is more enjoyable , effective and less boring .

So my friend you see . There are no innacuracies . Nothing to correct or criticize . Only good reading to enjoy .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES