All Comments on 'The Argive Ch. 031-035'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoying the story and setting.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Great to see this installment, and you reflected Praxis' uneasiness and concerns well; what I didn't count on was how you pictured Nikandros of Sparta to be so bloodthirsty as to obliterate an entire village that did not harm him in any way. If you wished to paint him as an excessively warmongering king, you succeeded well. Now Doris is near dead and she finally discloses Praxis' father was Messenian and why no one could utter his name (plus called him foreigner). The only two things that salve both Praxis' mood and Doris' impending death is how lovely Lysandra truly is, which she showed by helping Doris and being so willing to forgive Praxis' dalliance with Astara. How you twisted these events to force Praxis learning the truth was quite the reveal and you hid that well--although it was pretty obvious Praxis was never going to be happy in Argos and Damian exiling him presaged that--as well as foretold (by deduction) that Doris would die soon.

Overall, well done with the storytelling and the execution of it all. Weak links show up with ending on Doris' death and especially with Lysandra not at least partially revealing some of her family history--especially right after Praxis' shared his. I say that because the exchange demanded it, which casts equal doubt on if Praxis will settle for Lysandra (she would be the better choice) or have him pine for Astara (not so ideal now). 4

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Need more of this excellent series

5/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES