The ARK Pgs. 01-30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Congratulations, Father," Ab called out in a celebratory voice, "I am so happy for you." Art suddenly dropped the rejoicing and walked to Ab. "No, my son, this is a great day for all of us; you also have spent years planning and arranging this with me. We will make our mark in world history as New World innovators or abject failures!" With the words abject failures, Abs shoulders slumped. Art raised his hand and placed it on his sons' shoulders. "Don't worry, my son, I'm pretty sure it will be the first one!" Art burst out laughing. "Now go start the phone calls and tell the inner circle there is a meeting here tonight at 7.30, once they have secured the closing of the expo site, now go" Art made a shooing gesture, and Ab briskly ventured off to spread the good news to the Inner circle.

That night, everybody from the inner circle was there at the Detroit Hilton penthouse by seven; nobody wanted to be tardy. Truth be told everybody, was just as excited as Art; Ab now had increased responsibility; he was the person all the problems from other regions went to. Now he had his own division to control, but he was also the final link before things went to Art. At 23, it was a monumental undertaking to be the hub for this project. The finance alone was that of a small country, but he was up to the task; he had his father's support, which was all he needed. Ab had a high intellect, but his organizational skills and his photogenic memory made him his own force to be reckoned with. Those skills came in handy when Azteck was in negotiations with other corporations. A would stand behind his father at the negotiation table, like a bodyguard/hitman; the pair had worked out a routine when the opposition was trying to push unfounded facts or figures in the battle. Ab had the permission to speak up and quote accurate statistics which could be verified instantly; for Art, it was like having his own supercomputer behind him. This ability of Abs gave Art the freedom but mainly the speed to negotiate at a pace that the others didn't have, leaving him to control the meetings.

Ab and Lynton finished their respective duties before everyone settled around the polished oak table. Trays of unique drinks and treats for the individual tastes of the Inner circle.

Ab stepped back and had a look at the setup for the table, eight placings, each with a folder with the overall plan, plus their respective duties they were tasked with. Around the table was a setting for Art and Ab, always sitting side by side for a show of solidarity. There was a spot for Lexi Eldridge, one of the two head computer geniuses, who writes and runs all the computer programs for Azteck and side venture businesses. Lexi has always sat between Ab and Doby Heinlinker, the other resident computer genius; these two were the best in their field, but what made them special was their out-of-the-box thinking and creativity. If they needed something that wasn't on the market to buy or steal, they'd invent it. Having unlimited resources for the leading tech company in the world.

Lexi was placed between Ab and Doby because there was an inhouse distention from two members of the Inner circle against Lexi, well, more about Lexi's past. Lexi was recruited by Art from the ranks of Anonymous, the worldwide secret hacking/activist group, which didn't sit well with some. However, the disunion had not interfered with the Inner circle or the operations of any of the departments. Art knew he couldn't change people's views, well more so he didn't have the time to. So, they either worked with her, or there would be two new positions available on the inner circle and the divisions.

The other 4 places were Division heads, Mr. McLean (Macca) Salisbury, the new head of the African division. Mr. Sinjab Torri, director of Eastern Division. Ms. Suli Tasslemain, head of the United States Division. Mr. Fred Brett, head of the Pacific region. Mrs. Judy Heinman, head of the European region. Each had been with Azteck for at least 10 years, some over 20. They knew their territories and the businesses under their control exceptionally well. Everything was above board and legit, as they say... well, in one book anyway, you don't become successful at this level with no less than four fortune five hundred businesses under your belt, without tweaking the rules a little.

As they all made their way to their seats, the conversation was light, with some sharing business requests, some weekend leisure, and family time stories, and some just sharing their excitement of what they were about to hear. Of course, they all knew the plan's outlines already; some were more involved, but to listen to the boss say "it's all ago" was very exciting.

Art sat down last, straightened his folder, and spoke, "Let's change the world, my friends. As you have heard, we have received our last approval, which was from the World Heritage Committee, giving us the approval to build the Ark on Mount Bale",

"Everybody has their plans and schedules, plus you have all the other members' schedules; it is imperative that you understand any delays in your schedules will result in delays in other regions, which will cause delays in the project... I will not accept delays in this project" Art's voice had suddenly turned concrete, there was no give in it or his resolve to get this project underway and completed on time.

"Ab will be in charge of local and international media, to win the hearts and minds. Make no assumptions, people, we might be embarking on a great project for mankind with the ARK, but there will be a lot of people, businesses, and governments trying to pull our work down because we are a private enterprise."

Art turns to his son, "Are you ready for this, my boy? You are going to be the face of the media for the Ark",

"Yes, father, I am ready, but I have given some thought to the advertising face for ARK" Ab paused. "How about instead of me, we use Samuel L Jackson" Ab smirked. "Those Motherfuckers who think we aren't doing this for the benefit of all Motherfuckin mankind can stick it up to their Motherfuckin arses," Ab sprouted in his best Samuel L Jackson impersonation, it wasn't terrific. Still, it was funny just the same, and the Inner circle burst out in applause and laughter.

"Ab, my boy, you could be onto something there," Art replied while trying to catch his breath between the laughter.

"Tomorrow, ... Tomorrow we open up to the public with our announcement at the end of the expo. The press will be there, and the scholarship winners. We will be opening up about a lot of our tech we have been working on for the last five years. There will be nowhere to hide, and our competition will be scurrying to find out more about what else we've been hiding. There will be a lot of people angry with us, dangerous people especially in Somalia and Ethiopia; we will be taking their lively hoods away from them, they are going to challenge us, but they will fail."

Art closed his folder and paused a moment. "Is there anyone here who is not sure of what their part is or is having issues they need to bring up now?", Everybody looked around the room at each other, but nobody spoke; they all knew their parts and were prepared to administer them. "Good, my friends, then we will see you all at the big show and tell tomorrow, thank you all for your excellent work so far."

From there, all the inner Circle rose and started to make their way outside and back to their rooms, except Ab he had one last thing to pass onto his father. "The boys have arrived and are ready, Father,"

"Excellent, try and not kill anyone tomorrow, especially with all the press there... it would look bad," Art replied,

"I can't promise anything," Ab responded with a sly look on his face. Finally, Ab walked off to head to his penthouse room next door. Art's final thought as he watched his son close the door was, 'let the show begin!'

CHAPTER 4- The World meets Thor & Loki

Boston was a bustle this morning with the morning Highway traffic jams. MMM 104 FM went through the news headline stories about the latest Covid 19 strain vaccine. Mayor Thomasson ranted about what his party would be giving the people of Boston after he won the election next month. The sport was no better this morning, with the Red Sox going down 3-0 in the latest series. This morning, the report told of a massive traffic jam outside the Boston Auditorium in a local interest story. It was due to an avalanche of press and news reporters waiting to hear the latest announcement from CEO Aarth Damani from AZTECK industries. One reporter claims he heard an animal roar like a Tiger from the back of an AZTECK truck this morning. The reporter joked that maybe the billionaire wants to go into the circus business. The traffic dribbled along the highway, with drivers thinking it's no weirder than billionaires trying to fly to the mars.

9.45am, and to say the auditorium was buzzing was an understatement. The electricity in the room was like a rock concert just before the main act came out. There were over three hundred candidates for the AZTECK scholarships with family and friends, around one hundred staff members from AZTECK who stayed after the expo's closing to see the big announcement; not all staff members knew of the new plans. Art and the inner circle kept tight-lipped to keep this story from leaking out and spoiling their thunder. Also, there were over one hundred and fifty tv crew, staff, and reporters in the room, a good turnout thanks to Ab. Ab, as the head of public relations for the project, had his finger on the pulse and, in his short years in training, had made it his goal to figure out exactly how the media works, really work. Ab found out that it's much like the halls of the Whitehouse. The offices of the media can open to the sound of coins jingling.

Ab had greased the palms of three major social butterflies of the media world, that the big AZTECK announcement at the end of the expo was big, world-changing, so they spread the word through their friends and contacts in the media, who told their contacts, etc., etc., etc. "This is going to be big, they're not announcing some new toaster oven or mobile phone, you have to be there, or you'll miss out" was THE WORD, and it spread and was eaten up by the press. So, Ab thought how cheap it was to buy them, an exclusive each for three reporters, they will be first to spread the word.

The production manager turned to Art and Ab, "five minutes Mr. Damani,"

Art gave the nod and turned to Ab. "Ready to change the world, son," "yep," Ab hesitated. "Nervous??" Art enquired concerned for his son, who is about to take on the world at the age of 23,

"Yep!" AB blurted out

"You're not going to be sick, are you, Ab?" Art enquired, worried."

"Yep," Ab said, looking squeamish.

"Seriously!",

"No," Ab replied with a smirk,

"You can be a little shit sometimes, you know that," Art replied, feeling he just stepped right into that one,

Abs's grin got more prominent, "Let's go change the world, father!"

The atmosphere changed instantly as the lights started to dim, to inform people to begin to quiet down as the head act was about to perform, and perform they will. Then, the lights on the stage lit up, as a spotlight hit the side stage as Ab walked out to a massive round of applause and a few wolf whistles, not forgetting that Ab is a very handsome 23-year-old African, plus the fact that he had friends in the audience that he had made while training at AZTECK. The applause gave Ab a considerable buzz, and the wolf whistles made him blush but not that you could tell; he took to the mic like he was born on a stage, and this was just another day at the office. "Hello, thank you, everyone, especially the ones that wolf-whistled" Ab put his fingers to his ears, making the 'call me' sign, which sent the crowd into laughter.

"My name is Abayomi Thoyana. I am CEO of Aztecks new African division, in charge of public relations. I would like to welcome you all here to our media friends (who would stab you in the back at a moment's notice to get a scoop). Azteck staff (more cheers and wolf whistles from the rowdy group). Last but certainly not least, the recipients of this year's Azteck scholarships and their family and friends. Tonight, we will be announcing the opening of a new project in Africa that will be world-changing, bold, and brilliant, linking new technology with mother earth and starting up a new era in peace and cooperation. Planting a flower of world hope in one of mother nature's most beautiful gardens. But...even though I am your PR man, I think it best to come from the man that had the dream and has now made it happen. So, let's give an enormous Detroit round of applause to the CEO, founder, dreamer of Azteck international, My Father, Aarth Damani ". The crowd went wild, the rock star had arrived at a standing ovation from the staff and recipients of scholarships from Azteck... and the media clapped.

Art strode into the light from the side stage, waving to the crowd and taking control of the mic, as Ab stepped to the side. "Thank you, thank you, it's nice to be greeted with such kind words, especially when you didn't have to pay someone to say them" the crowd burst into laughter; they always loved the rich man jokes. "Thank you to my son; you are just as much a part of this dream as I, "

"50/50?" Ab enquired while leaning into the mic to be heard,

"Don't push your luck," Art snapped back to the roar of more laughter; their father-son presentations were always good, they did have great chemistry together.

"Ab is right tonight; you are going to hear the outline of a new world-changing measure. It is too elaborate to explain in one night, too far-reaching to comprehend in one night; actually, the more you run it through your mind, the more questions and the more far-reaching you will see it goes... So let me introduce you to THE ARK ... stage one!"

Art had swung his arm to point to the middle of nowhere, Centre Stage, then miraculously, a 3d schematic began slowly twirling in mid-air. One could see the outlines of Ethiopia and Somalia marked on the presentation with the contours of mountains and plains accordingly. The crowd issued a collective "Awww" as if Art had presented 'Behold FIRE.' He continued, "In the region of the Bale Mountain, on World heritage land, a world-leading research park stage 1 will be built to safely breed, protect and house in natural environments, animals from around the world. Stage 1 will start with the most seriously endangered animals" the crowd was already on the edge of their seats, including the media, who were trying to comprehend 'how he got this approved.'

#1/ It is being built on World heritage land (how the hell did he pull that off).

#2/ He's building this thing in the middle of 2 nations that have been at war for decades (how the hell did he pull that off, and how long did he really think it will last before the missiles are firing over his petting zoo). The media were a cynical lot but a necessary evil.

Art continued after a brief pause to let it sink in. "There will be initially an 8-stage plan but an infinite opening for future expansion, I know what some of you are thinking ...lovely idea, but you're building it in the middle of a war zone, I am very pleased to announce, that as of today, a peace accord has been signed between President Hussain Abdullahi Abdi of Somalia and President Abiy Akufo-Conde' of Ethiopia",

The crowd was all a buzz; the media was all over themselves trying to grab their phones to ring editors and producers to get them live feeds and more tv crews here, immediately! This was news, not just because of the peace accord (which will be mentioned over and over in the coming month, that the UN couldn't even pull off), also the fact it is being built on World heritage land. It's nice he's protecting animals; the media perspective is, 'what sells.' Art raised his hands to quieten the room and continued.

"A lot to swallow? Then it's best to hear it from the gentleman" Art once again pointed to nowhere land on stage, and once again the miraculous appears, the 3d presentation disappears, and a screen drops down from the stage ceiling on cue. A moment later, two faces appear on the screen, a live feed from both nations of the Presidents from Somalia and Ethiopia. A sudden change sweeps across the crowd. The booing started because of the faces that appeared on the screens. Calls of "dictator "and "murderer" were shouted from the crowd. Art steps up to the mic and raises his hands.

"Please, please, respect!... we all have opinions of current events around the world. So, I ask you to hear these gentlemen out and take what they say concerning what they're offering Africa and the World. Please continue, President Abdi." Abdi read off a prepared speech (written by Ab) announcing the peace accord. The plans of a unified system to help the ARK, the promise that it offers the people of their two nations and Africa in general, and finishing with the announcement that they will be holding media releases to announce the new developments in both their countries.

While the speech was being read, Ab was running it word for word through his mind. Ab kept listening to President Abdi's breathing and slow motion, waiting for the first sign he would add something of his own to the speech. But, unlike his father, he wasn't a total optimist; this guy is a dictator responsible for thousands of deaths in his own country and, God knows how many in Ethiopia, so Ab put on a 2-minute delay in the speech so he could pull the plug at any time. Then, with the slow intake of breath, he's preparing to say something else; Ab's finger lightly rested on the disconnect button. He wasn't in a hurry, as he did want to hear what he was going to say and still had time to cut him off.

"I would like to add something also, Mr. Damani, if I may," Ab's fingered tensed, ready to pounce. "I would like to say that as of tomorrow, I will be putting to the Somalian parliament that I will be stepping aside to hold democratic elections. In two years after the competition of stage 2 of the ARK" Abs finger relaxed he is going to let this one go through, it was not new to Art and Ab as it was part of the agreement, but to the press hearing it, it will drive them into a frenzy, and it did! From the initial booing from the crowd when he first appeared on the screen, he was now seeing and hearing thunderous applause and a standing ovation. If one noticed, you would have seen President Abdi's shoulders go back, and his chest puffs out with pride as if he had made all this happen. Art stood there happy for the generals to receive their applause; Ab, on the other hand, thought he would 'lose his breakfast' while they had their moment; Ab knew Abdi couldn't be trusted, it would only be 18 months before they found out.

After the address by President Abdi, Art thanked both Presidents and wished them all the best and that he was looking forward to working with them. Then, the screen turned off and disappeared back into the ceiling. Art looked at the crowd and said, "You have heard some incredible news today, but, as the tv salesman always says, Wait, there's more." Art had the crowd enthralled now; what else could there be, was the thoughts running the heads of everyone in the auditorium. Art continued, "As you know, AZTECK is the world leader in electronics, biotech, and more, so we pooled all our collective knowledge and resources to help in the protection of the ARK. As we all know, poaching is rife in Africa, so these animals are going to need around the clock protection and surveillance."

Art sucked in a big breath; he had been looking forward to this part of the display... "It gives me great pleasure to introduce the prototypes of our protection and surveillance team." Art once again waved his magic arm, and the large double doors to the opposite end of the auditorium swung open, and 4 figures were bathed in the spotlights in the entrance, not moving, just standing there. After their slight pause, the figures stepped into the room, only a few steps. The room was filled with awe; voices could be heard,