All Comments on 'The Arrangement Ch. 02'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
WAIT???

l have enjoyed your story...l simply want to know if the next chapter is going to take you another six months to write...

KittycatspiritKittycatspiritabout 12 years ago
Keep it coming

I am loving this story. Please add more chapters.

StarMAPStarMAPabout 12 years ago
Very nice!

I saw this today and I must say; I'm really enjoying it. I wish I had caught it when it was finished but I can be patient. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Tara CoxTara Coxabout 12 years agoAuthor
Dear Waiting...

I will do my absolute utmost. The rough draft of the next chapter is written and I will move it up the edits pile. But please be patient. I have a six year old disabled daughter who takes up most of my time...and I am trying to get a writing 'career' off the ground and make this stuff start paying (at least a bit). But I understand I can't wait to see what else Jill and Daniel will get up to...and we don't even get into the exciting stuff until after they are married.

Lindsay44Lindsay44about 12 years ago
Well Done! Please continue!

Hi Tara,

I read the comments after reading your story, and it was very enjoyable to read a well thought out story that builds the tension between the characters in a more "real life" realistic scenario!

I found one or two minor errors in editing, not enough to detract from the story, but, if you don't have an editor to read it over and catch those, I suggest you recruit one!

I can appreciate the difficulty of caring for your daughter, I am widowed, but my late wife was a very special lady, she retired after 35 years of working for the State of Illinois, caring for the developmentally/physically disabled. After her retirement, she took a position with a local facility in our area and loved that even more, she didn't have all the bureaucracy to deal with and could concentrate on direct care.

You seem to have a good handle on your story and I join the crowd eagerly awaiting the next installment!

Carl

pleasureseeker5pleasureseeker5about 12 years ago
You've got us hooked!

While I'm looking forward to the next chapter, I understand what it's like to raise a child with special needs. You do what you need to do, and we'll do our best to be patient:)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very good!

Very good writing, and you left us with a nice hook!

Gabrielle1986Gabrielle1986almost 12 years ago
Amazing!!!

I am so hooked on this story. The emotion is real! Can't wait for more

pontiacwhitepontiacwhiteover 11 years ago
I have all the patience in the world for a writer like you

You are a lovely writer. You build each character beautifully. Even the baby's info is relavent. She may be too little to know the issues, but she recognizes a loving person. I don't know if I ever read you before, but somehow I doubt it. By far, you are one of the best, if not the best writer on this site. I say that without a nipple or any genitalia having appeared thus far! Somehow, I have a feeling that the sex will be great too! Cheers from the USA.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hi tara

I like your story and find it very well written and different (in a good way), but the way you depict Simone is annoying. Silly white people frequently make references to Aunt Jemima when they talk about "friendly" "big" black women, which is totally unnecessary as this figure is steeped in a legacy of southern racism towards black women. The silliness with Simone switching accents etc in addition just makes her cartoonish . It would be nice if white writers made some effort to take black characters seriously ( if only because some of your fans and followers are not white) rather than just feel good for including them when they are actually using them as props.

SleepyWulfSleepyWulfover 8 years ago
On the last comment..

I read a lot more chapters, and it gets much much better. Simone is taken seriously as the story progresses. But please, please drop the aunt jemima shit in future! And thanks for an otherwise lovely read

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Slowly the personalities are melding

It might have moved his interest along faster if she had put on her bathing costume and joined the children in the pool?

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Most excellent story!

Comentarista82Comentarista829 months ago

You solidified this one nicely, highlighting well the battles each fought with their own thoughts and demons. I will say that you seemed to make Jill far more defensive with some of her replies than was necessary--but it was understandable. You made him fight himself the entire time and arrive at the proper decision, and we as readers felt the entire back-and-forth. 5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2499 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES