All Comments on 'The Arrangement Ch. 12'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I knew Dodds was sick and twisted, but dang he was on a whole nother level with his pyschoness! Please I hope this is not the end. At least do an epilogue to tell how everyone turned out. I want to know if Trisha and Travis worked things out? What happened to Dobbs? If the babies are boys, girls, or both? How the job goes in West Texas? How Jesse and the girls are doing? So much that needs to be wrapped up? Please update one last time before saying goodbye!

kitty5670kitty5670over 11 years ago
Wonderful!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this story. You have out-done your self in this chapter. You have an amazing talent for creating "real-life" characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The boys

Oh I just fell in LOVE with her sons!! I sincerely hope you might do an off shoot with them:) I hope also not the end....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Outstanding

Really enjoyed the series and do hope you will continue the story. Characters and writing are exceptional particularly since I definitely can relate.

sayonazsayonazover 11 years ago
Hmmm

I thought you could have tied it up a little more, would have loved to have seen some sort of conversation between Jill and Jesse and the whole situation with Travis?? other than that it was fantastic!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Hope you continue with these characters

I didn't warm to the series right away but stumbled in at the middle and was hooked. I really liked these characters, and hope you continue with them.

Also agree with one of the above comments - the sons offer lots of possibilities!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More please

Please continue the characters and the story....great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
An epilouge would be great...

And then Simone's story and Trisha's story would also be nice. This was a great story and I would love to read more about the characters.

Tara CoxTara Coxover 11 years agoAuthor
There is more...

Actually, this story was delayed getting to you because I included a plug for the continuing saga (no promos on Lit, folks). But yes, there is lots more to come from this bunch. It is called the Apocalypse series. I am about half way through the 1st book, called Rings of Fire. It is the story of that crazy scientist...and his ex-wife. As volcanoes around the world belch and groan, threatening to spew toxic gases high into the atmosphere and send the whole world into another Ice Age, these books will chronicle other of these characters, including:

Dwayne and Chloe...legs might not work anymore but his heart has been hers for so long that nothing else matters...not even the fact that she will always belong to his best friend. And when the world begins to fall apart, he'll do anything to keep her and her son safe.

Trisha and Travis...she has become a wounded bird, hiding from the world on her parents' ranch...and keeping secrets that could destroy them all. When his attempts to make amends are rebuffed by his wife, Travis throws himself into his role leading the unit. But all that changes...nothing can stop him from protecting his wife and son, not even Trisha or her little surprise.

Sarah and DJ...and Damien, Declan and Darren. That's right...one woman alone holds the hearts of all four brothers, except she is fleeing a past so violent and painful that not even the most remote jungles of Central America...or vows of obedience, poverty and chastity...can keep her safe from the men who haunt her dreams. With danger closing in on the woman they love, the brothers make a pact to save the woman they love...but what about their own vows?

Look for these and more stories by Tara Neale...here and at your favorite ebook distributor.

Thank you for all of you who have offered words of encouragement, helped me to see holes in the story and provided constructive criticism. I appreciate it more than you know. I am looking for beta readers...fans who want to do all those things before any one else sees the stories. Just email me if you are interested. As for Jesse...Althea and the others...who knows there might be another series once they grow up a bit.

Yours,

Tara

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Choppy ending to otherwise good story.

Ending was very choppy with the sudden entrance of the sons and the confusing explanation of their love 'triangle +2'. It was an obvious plug for another story rather than a part of this story that could be continued (like the other spinoffs you are planning). Also, DJ cussing and making sexual remarks in front of his young stepsister is creepy, as is his admission of falling for a 14 year old Sarah. So that spinoff story is one I won't be reading. But I look forward to your others.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 11 years ago
Found this story and read it all today.

I really enjoyed it, except for this chapter. I agree with a previous poster that it was a really choppy ending. I didn't like the obvious plug of DJ's story either. It came out of nowhere and went on for too long. I also disliked that he cursed so much around Jesse and that he talked about his mom's not so vanilla sexual preferences in front of a young girl. Where is the discipline that comes from being a trained officer? The respect? The honor? Can't say I liked DJ at all.

Speaking of Jesse, you missed out on closure for her. Neither Daniel or Jill told her that it was okay or hugged her, or told her that they loved her. In fact, I don't think either one spoke to her at all since the incident in the house. As the most resistant child, I wanted to see her come around to Jill as a parent figure. I wanted to see her relief that her family was safe, I wanted her to acknowledge that Jill loved them enough to take a bullet for Bel. I also wanted to see how Bel reacted when she found out Jill was okay. I guess I expected her new family to be the focus once she woke up, with her grown sons in the background. Instead it was the other way around.

It was good to know that everyone was safe but it wasn't the most satisfying ending. Thanks for writing though. I enjoyed the series.

Tara CoxTara Coxover 11 years agoAuthor
Jessie

Thanks to everyone for your comments about this story...and especially the helpful feedback about Jessie. I have pondered it as I work on re-writes...but the simple truth is that closure is not going to be easy coming for this girl who has borne the burnt of both her parents' sins.

Hugs from her father will not make her years of lying by withholding her mother's affair that put his family in danger all right. He knows that and so does she. And while she may understand how much Jill loves her sisters, given her part in what transpired she is even more reluctant to accept any of that love for herself. Honestly, even with family therapy, which they will get, this girl is going into her teens alienated from her parents and siblings and emotionally shattered. I hinted at that fact when I said that the petulant teen was gone.

Will she eventually overcome it? Yes, but her story will unfold slowly through out all the other books...just as damaged people so often heal slowly over time.

Oh by the way...DJ is no officer...or gentleman. Like Jessie and many other oldest children he is the result of his parents' shortcomings. Hey, we make all our mistakes with our first borns. And thanks for the heads up...I obviously did not make it clear that his little revelations to Mommy about her ancient profile happened after his brothers and Jessie had left the room.

I really do thank every one of you that take the time to leave comments and send feedback. I wish I had room in the acknowledgements to name you all (how would that work with anonymous?). You have helped me to plug so many holes in this story. Thank you all.

Tara

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Amazing!!!

Stumbled upon this story, but I'm definitely glad I did!! You are truly gifted writer. You sucked me into the pages and even when I had other thing to do, I just couldn't stop thinking about this book. Clay has to be the best vilian I have came across in fiction. I only have one request... please give it the ending it deserves, not to say that the one isn't great, but I need more. (How were the babies, did Jesse finally change, did Trav beg Trisha to forgive him, how was it in West Texas...) Please on my knees, you have to give them that happily ever after

P.S. Hope your daughter gets better soon.

pontiacwhitepontiacwhiteover 11 years ago
My new favorite writer

Thank you for this lovely gift. I will be reading you from now on. Whatever you are nice enough to share with us, I will be eager to read. Warmest regards....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
DJ and Sarah

Oooh I hope they have their own story..

nadaliwnadaliwover 11 years ago
ONE OF THE BEST SERIES ON LIT!!!

I just spent the past few day reading this story and all I can say is WOW.

You mentioned editing, cover art and publishing.

Please let your faithful fans know all of the details on where and when to buy the book.

10stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

ONE OF THE BEST!!! MOOORREEEE!

From a fan from the Philippines :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

this anon guy says trav should ask for forgiveness?? he gets cuckolded then arrested for attempt to murder and should ask for forgiveness? a good story but the dom sub story did a number on me.....its the third story ive read about sub male characters in a row..i meanm im not chauvinistic but come on...where are the real men?? 4 star but now im off to find a story with a strong and a dom male lead and then read it about 19 times or so....best of luck with ur life tara..

omgomgomgomgomgomgabout 11 years ago
Loved it!

I read this story in one sitting. It is one of the best I've read on this site. Good job! I hope there is more with these characters.

Miss_SeraphinaMiss_Seraphinaabout 11 years ago
loved loved loved it!!

It is such a great story, this will definitely not be the last time I read it :)

I hope we get to read DJ and Sarah's story as well as what happens so poor Trisha... I will be waiting ;)

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
brilliant

More

more

What happens to Trav and Trish? Chloe and Dwayne? Jills boys? Daniels girls? Samuel and Simone? Oh so many stories could come from this.

loved it. Fantastic story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great

Ommfg!!! Awesome story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!!

Wonderfuk story. Thanks for writing it. I hope you are publishing it as a book.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

really great story but wouldve liked if you finished it after the birth of the twins

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 9 years ago
but

is all the foul language necessary, it takes away from the story. Sure army men talk like that together but not with their wife's, their mothers would make certain of that. T

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One great series by a great writer

Tara's writing is above the rest and this is probably one of the best on here

MastertronMastertronover 9 years ago
Grear work

Another great work by a highly favorite author of mine and many others, great person and greater writing

arrowglassarrowglassover 9 years ago
Another winner!

Like your writing...style...characters...all of it...keep it up!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Too much guilt feelings and pettiness

I like your writing style but lose patience with your over sentimentalisation with some touchy, long-winded narration between Daniel and Jill when they are making love..too many occasions when either one begins reminiscing and give in to petty feelings. Should have less doses of unnecessary guilt feelings and self-blame which tend to drag the story a little..

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfabout 9 years ago
Only Thing I See Wrong With The Story...

If you do publish this story, is that you might want to correct Samuels Rank. He is a Master CHIEF Petty Officer which is a rank of E-9 (Enlisted pay grade of 9) in the Navy. Several places you list his rank as being a Master Petty Officer, this is incorrect.

Other than that little minor gliche, I loved the story. Cudos to you little lady...

kees10kees10about 9 years ago
Great!

I realy enjoyed this 'book'. And not only because it sometimes is steaming hot :-)

it is well written. has a real plot and that alone is already 75% of the pleasure when you read. Not just 'humping/bumping/running from "hole" to "hole"', no, as said, a real plot!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Liked it but

I enjoyed most of this story, but the ending was BAD. It's like you forgot the story and just tried to cram her sons, who have been weirdly missing throughout, into it. The drama with Dodd was overdone, the fact that he was responsible for *everything* just made him come off like a silly "bad guy" with a moustache, almost comedic. The whole encounter at their home with him was like a bad TV movie. The Mistress J thing doesn't fit jill's character either, and there's no way Daniel's character (the way he's painted) would be into that. Finally, I agree with others. Jess was left totally alone which again doesn't make sense given that these two are supposed to be such great parents. Your explanation Tara doesn't make sense- who holds a child that age responsible for hiding her mother's affair? Finally, the idea that all four brothers are in love with the same girl is silly as hell. All in all, it's a shame, because much of this story was awesome.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
what happened to 2 more chapters and a prologue?

.

I think you got in too big a hurry to wrap it up. Jesse/Jessie should not have been left alone in the corner of the room.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I love this story wish you would do a sequel.

Tara CoxTara Coxover 6 years agoAuthor
Sequel...

Rings of Fire is in edits for release direct to Amazon later this year. But it and the edited version of this one will appear under my new HOT pen name Raquel Graffen. if you email me then I can make sure you are on my list to receive updates.

MagnoliaQMagnoliaQover 5 years ago
Loved most of it

I love your edgy story telling, truly wonderful work. Not such a fan of cramming all the stories about her sons' into this story. I am more than certain it would make a fantastic story on its' own. Plus the language was suddenly so laden with 'f bombs', Daniel is your character but would he really have spoken like that with his oldest daughter in the room ? I find it outrageous that the boys would curse like that with a young girl in the room, let alone to their mother. Her language was not that coarse normally, bedroom and sexual encounter's being the exception.

It is only my opinion, please don't be offended I really just didn't think it matched the rest of the brilliant story you told. I am looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great read!

I started reading and couldn't (perhaps I should say, wouldn't) stop. I love this author's style. This was an easy, and entertaining read. Most definitely worth my time!

xoxo_mexoxo_meover 4 years ago
Just as.good the 2nd time

Although I 1st read this series a few years ago, I reread it in anticipation of and following Tara's suggestion before reading the Rings of Fire series. Tara, you are a magical story teller. I couldn't stop reading this story. Outstanding!

Frankie1952Frankie1952over 4 years ago
Wow what a story

Loved it some real edge of the seat stuff and some nice loving too. Please finish this nicely. We need to know how everything pans out from here.

Tara CoxTara Coxover 4 years agoAuthor
@Frankie1952

This story has continuations in:

Until (Novels and Novellas) which is a novella that features Samuel and Simone

and

Rings of Fire (Romance) that follows Doc (Brent Jacobs) and his ex-wife Lauren. Both Daniel and Samuel have retired from the SEALs and taken their families to live on his eco-village as they prepare for the end of the world as we know it.

Yes, I have not gotten that far yet, but I am working on The Apocalypse for 2020 and beyond. Likely to appear in longer chapters in Novels and Novellas as this one did.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

Pretty decent story. Enjoyed most of it.

One complaint about the whole series ... the pace. It felt like I was driving behind someone who just could not decide if 65, 70, or 75 mph was the proper highway speed and kept speeding up then slowing down.

A detraction it be from an otherwise fine read.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Daniel's people had a farm. Retire there.

Not nearly as good an ending as it could be.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 4 years ago

Terrific! Again . . .

When the story is just as enjoyable the second or third time it’s read, then you know it’s good. So much better than the single page series, I’m thrilled with the longer lengths of each chapter.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Seems like there is one more chapter left in this series to breech Ring of Fire, but guess not. 5.0* for the series. This chapter had me in tears at points.

Comentarista82Comentarista829 months ago

Mmm...loved the twins twist and that Jill will obviously make it, but can't fathom having her sons there when they were always just footnotes in the story. I don't know if anyone could have figured Clay arranged the drone crash and helicopter crash, but once more that Daniel never thought to change the locks after Rachel died? I've seen people change locks if they find one small item in the house out of place and they know they didn't move it. For no one to figure out Dodd did all the rest? Just unforgiveable.

More or less a satisfying conclusion, except for all the cursing when the boy's mom is effectively just out of the ICU. The story arc overall was ok, but could have been better had you not retconned your own characters and strayed from your premise. Making Jill "Mistress J" didn't add tons to the story, as the entire premise was Daniel and Jill overcoming their mutual reservations, insecurities and learning to love one another. Even her feeling badly about her body when the verbal abuse she suffered was only a for a few months from that weenie professor...didn't add up to such a trauma. I thought maybe I was overreacting until I read other posters note several of the same inconsistencies. I certainly hope if you decided to publish this that you rectified the premise and modified the story to remain true to the premise, ridding the narrative of the extraneous self-doubt and self-excoriation. I mean...I really like this story on several levels and what a shame I never knew about it, but such failings force me to rate this a 3.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Really enjoyed the story and the characters. A great overall plot. But rushed towards the end with the interference of Dodd.

I feel like the D/S play wasn't as well foreshadowed as the rest of Jill's character. I don't think the actual introduction of that part of their relationship took anything away from the story, but it didn't feel as well integrated in the story as the rest of the issues that Jill and Daniel worked through together.

This last chapter felt rushed to me, especially with interplay with Jill's sons... I think that too much additional story was suddenly thrown in to make them feel like fully-fleshed characters. At this point, they didn't need to be main characters with interesting back-stories, they just needed to be there to comfort Jill and get to know the rest of the family. If you do feel like their stories should be told, then we could have had more memories or foreshadowing from Jill's perspective, tying their stories into her experiences with Daniel's family.

From a plot perspective, I felt like it was implied that Dodd had some sort of surveillance in the house... it would be nice for Jill to make that connection with how well Dodd knew what was going on inside the house, and maybe they could discover records of that surveillance to really nail him down.

Thank you for your story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2502 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories