All Comments on 'The Assassin's Bride Ch. 07'

by Bellie444

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Oh yes! I've been waiting for a new chapter! This was an exciting read and the sex scene was excellent

tati89tati89about 5 years ago
This chapter is fantastic!!!!!!

Now we have Carlos in the mix! Yassssssssss! Was wondering when he would show up! Please please write the next chapter soon!

I'm like Carina...I don't want Michael to die either even though he's an asshole :'(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

....and here we go! Great chapter and so worth the wait. I’m all for Carlos showing up but really want Michael to be ok in the end; not tortured or killed. Carina has her demons, too. I haven’t got a good read on Gavin yet. Very well written! I am so intrigued!

EGRIEGRIabout 5 years ago
"You know our way. No rats, no traitors” and adding assassins would complete the hat trick

I couldn't imagine how someone could infiltrate a gang , kill their leader and steal his woman could ever expect to escape. When Michael made enquiry about the memory drug and said "Get offline. Someone's intercepting,” I thought here comes Carlos. Sure enough when that large silver yacht came into view and Gavin smothered Carina's yell I knew the ending of this chapter was going to leave us in a cliff hanger.

You now have us so close to the final confrontation and we still haven't seen the submarine. PLEASE don't put this story in the back burner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So conflicted about this story

I don't care about any of the characters. But the quality of the writing is fine

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you for not giving up on this series

So excited to see how things turn out and who she ends up with (or if she somehow walks away from it all as a strong and independent woman--but that would depart from the genre). Really none of the men are suitable for her because she is just a piece of meat with a pretty face to all of them, but I guess that's the only role a woman can have in the world of criminals and assassins (unless she goes dark and becomes a criminal too). Can't wait for the next chapter. Please post it soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More please

Please continue with this story. I'm looking forward to see what Gavin is capable of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
LOVE THIS

Please update soon! This is such a well-written story with brilliant characters and storyline!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Carina could aswell be a liveless object, has little contribution to the story

Love the story. Very well written. But Carina's character is as good as an object or treasure that many groups are after. She has little contribution to story aside from being there to make readers differentiate between the obsessive/Michael, loving/Gavin and old lover/Carlos emotions from 3 different men and using ONLY sex for everything in her life. Yesterday she was happily doing Eduardo, then was ok with Carlos her BF's brother, then almost fell for Michael, her BF's murderer, then extremely shamelessly sexual with Gavin, group member of Michael, and mind you without knowing a thing about him apart from his name. LOL! Her character aroused sad emotions at her plight but now her character seems outright funny.

This story belongs to those 3 male characters woven well and created as strong, almost equal competitors.

MythOFreakMythOFreakalmost 4 years ago
Have to Agree

Gotta agree with the comment below. Carina is just a prop. You can't really hate or love her because she's just there as a prop for the other men. She's there to either be a victim to emphasize how much of a shameless rapist Michael is, or a super sexualized confident woman to Gavin, or the prop to attract Carlos....all of which are mutually exclusive. She's either one prop or the other, but doesn't seem to struggle with any of the finer emotions or trauma of having her boyfriend shot and dying in front of her or being repeatedly raped by Michael. She just bounces on to any new situation.

I kept waiting for her mentality to shift one way or another with Michael; either give in mentally and become a shell, or finally find a way to fight back, even if in small ways to frustrate Michael, damn the consequences. Anything. But no, she just kept crying, orgasm, weakly resist, orgasm, cry some more. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Michael, conversely, has a lot of depth. He wants her to love him, but doesn't know any other way beyond force. And he doesn't know or doesn't want to do what it takes to pull himself out of the grave he dug. Every small worse thing he does continuously pushes him further beyond the limits of his own conscious until he's abandoned it all together.

Having said all of that, I still think it's a good story with fantastic writing. I just think attending to the finer emotions and developing the protagonist with some more complicated emotional depth could take this story from good to great.

RomaniRicciRomaniRicciover 3 years ago

At this point, Carina is just a sex starved prop

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBellie444@Bellie444
UPDATE: Hello readers, Announcing I am opening a Patreon profile. I’d like writing to become a bigger part of my life. If you want to support that, you can sign on and I’ll update here when it’s ready. I’m not removing my current works and any continuations to my existing Li...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES