All Comments on 'The Assignment Ch. 01'

by JazCullen

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
catman71catman71about 14 years ago
fantastic

demitri is about to get hit between the eyes like caleb was ( and i think maya is a lot more than she appears)

Cedar_NeedleCedar_Needleabout 14 years ago
Bad Boy or Stud? Leaning towards Stud!

Thank you for continuing the story with a focus on Demetri… I LOVE HIM!!

This is so darn crafty and well written… It just sucked me (again). I am looking forward to how Mara affects his life and outlook, for I am sure she will rock it a bit. I also really can’t wait to see where you take the story.

Another success and I am waiting for the rest!!!

shandalshandalabout 14 years ago
Very enjoyable and well written story

looking forward to other chapters. I have not read the prequal you refered to but am going to do that now.

IzkaPlm18IzkaPlm18about 14 years ago
Loved it!

hahaha I loved this! When you were writing the previous story I was just thinking over and over again tha Demetri will get his soon hhahaha. And I like this woman, she's a spitfire too! I hope she gets more of a back bone and fights him or tries to escape once more or something. I like that cat and mouse game lol

Great job! Can't wait for the next chapter!

lostchickenlostchickenabout 14 years ago
yAY!!

Woohoo!! Yay... I love that you are showing more vampiristic stylings in this piece. I loved Caleb's story but this looks a lot better... can't wait for the next instalment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
oh yeah

go demetri!

DaniellekittenDaniellekittenabout 14 years ago
Excellent

I'm so impressed with your work. It's so well done and always leaves me wanting more. Keep it up!

mikothebabymikothebabyabout 14 years ago
i love this

I really enjoy reading your work - give us more, more, more

AngelePoemAngelePoemabout 14 years ago
Great start!!

Demetri is an intriguing character. I'm very anxious to see how his story plays out. I'm looking forward to the next installment. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

This story build up is just amazing for it leaves the auidience wanting and beggingg for more. The concept of the story drags the reader in also allowing the peoples to be taken in your own world. You got them eating out of the palm of your hand. I am really enjoying the story this far! Please continue your amazing work! You got me something to look foward on.

EdwarusEdwarusabout 14 years ago
Great

I really like it and can't wait for the next chapter please hurry up and write more its been a while since ive found a good story on here that really gets my intrest

willieonewillieoneabout 14 years ago
Next chapters please!

Please post the rest of Demetri's story! I loved your stories so far and can't wait for more so please post soon!

lildragonlildragonabout 14 years ago
Love it

I'm so excited that we get to go on another wild ride with you. I really enjoy your writing.

canndcanndalmost 14 years ago

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It kinda ruins Demitri for me. It also makes me wonder just how dark caleb is and what he's done in his past if Dem. said he'd have done this months ago. I know he told Annie he hadn't always been a good person but killing humans/torturing them for perceived bull would be a different league. Obviously the shielding her mind from being read is the same as in Twilight. I'll wait to see where it goes before I judge how similar it is overall.

MizTMizTover 13 years ago
Bad Boy

To say he's a bad boy is putting it mildly. He accepted this job with open eyes. I understand the need to protect the vamps. but it still takes a real asshole to know going in you may have to kill someone. But I also see flashes of real concern in Demetri. His feelings of anger at himself for falling asleep. his concern for Mara's health, It leads me to believe that somewhere deep deep inside D may have the making of a good man

sirreadsalot10sirreadsalot10over 13 years ago
Like all men....

.....Demitri is a mix of both good and bad. His bad side has been dominant up to this point, but you can see glimpses of the good in him coming out. His loyalty to Caleb, and his willingness to do whatever it takes to protect his people, as well as his burgeoning concern for Mara. As much as I loved your first story, this one seems to be destined to top it.

In Dimitri you have created a character so complex that the realism leaps off the page. What makes Dimitri so hauntingly real is that we can all recognize, in his duality, something that we all deal with every day in our own lives as we are constantly torn between doing what we know is right and tempted by what we know is wrong.

I am literaly in awe of your ability to spin a tale.

hopkinscmhopkinscmover 13 years ago
Love it....

My only problem with it is the mind reading ability that showed up in this story. I just would have though Caleb would have read Annie's thoughts once in awhile during the courtship phase. Otherwise I think you are portraying Demetri in the very light you cast him in the first chapter of FTI cocky, arrogant, selfish prick. Great job looking forward for more.

LeeLeeALeeLeeAabout 13 years ago
*lightbulb*

Know I understand why you love Dem so much! He is dreamy in this - all tough, macho, dangerous steel with a touch of velvet. I think I am in love

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wow!

Dem is one scary S.O.B

xD

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Caleb is really one of the good guys ... NOT ^^

"Oh you have to torture and kill a girl Demetri ? Ok, but don't tell Anni, it will upset her. ... Listen, thinking about it, while you are at it: Bring me a litre or two of her blood will you ? ... Ok cold is fine, I can always microwave it. Bye."

reader018reader018over 11 years ago
Caleb is actually a good guy

And Demetri, it sounds like he is about to be led down the same road that Caleb is on!!!!!

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 10 years ago
God I want to smack Dimitri

This story is even better the second time around but I am so going to enjoy Dimitri get his comeuppance in the form of a beautiful female named Mara.... but he still needs a smack upside of his head for his arrogance

SouthernGirl30SouthernGirl30over 10 years ago
Ahhh

Ahhh Demetri.... My favorite vampire. What can I say, I'm a sucker for dark hair & light eyes (Dayton's my fave wolf). I love that he's so independent & ruthless, the typical bad boy. But I love the fact that Mara can (& will) bring him to his knees! I've read all of your stories about 20 times apiece (if not more), but Demetri & Dayton are my favorites! :) Thank you for creating all of these wonderful characters, Jaz! I don't know what I'd do if you quit writing! You're the best!

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
guessing game

Just for fun, when I am reading mystery stories, I like to make suppositions about the meaning of the clues revealed so far.

And no, I have not read the following chapters or the books that are after this one. Where would be the fun in that?

I have never been one of those people who had to peek at the ending of a book before reading the beginning.

Mara has an unrealized ability that automatically shields her thoughts. Now is this continuous? Or does it occur when a predator is detected?

Is this a red herring or does it prophesies that perhaps Mara has more powers still to be revealed? If so, could this mean that Mara is actually not human but some unknown entity or species?

Then again, being a raving paranoid, I gotta wonder that her research was detected by the organization of Vampires.

I hypothesize that perhaps she is bait? Deliberately put out to entice the Vampires into being manipulated by an unknown power?

It's not as if the worm voluntarily impales itself on my hook, to kindly feed itself to the fish, I intend to eat!

So, I think this will be a very interesting story to continue reading. If just to see how accurate are my guesstimates.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
before I forget again

I find it curious that Demetri seems knowledgeable about mental powers, yet fails to question how his own mind is responding to Mara's presence?

So, consciously or unconsciously, is she or whatever is hidden within her, subtly but deliberately influencing him from causing her harm?

Consider the stench of a skunk or the bright bands on a little coral snake. The sound of a rattlesnake's warning or the snarling growl of a dog behind a fence.

Then again the sugary dewdrops of a Flytrap plant enticing insects into a one way trip. In the deep oceans, the bioluminescent glow at the tip of an appendage of a lurking predator

So many possibilities. That is the fun of fiction, you can imagine even the most improbable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Demetri

Demetri doesn't seem to be as bad as you had said in the introduction. I suspect a relationship will develope with Mara and herchanging him the same as Annie did with Celeb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Where is "Fighting the Inevitable" located.

I have done a search on the aforementioned story that only resulted in a single chapter by another writer. It didn't seem to have anything to do with this so where is it hiding? I would really like to read about the beginning of Caleb & Rhianon. I can't wait to read ALL of the related story series. I really love your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
For those unaware

FTI is now in print and no longer on literotica.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66about 8 years ago
Love it

No matter how many times I read this series it grabs you and you are hooked. It is a pity I couldn't start with FTI but I have read it so many times. Naughty Demetri and I am looking forward to reading again this adventure

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The book

I bought FTI from Amazon. When will the rest of the books be released. How close are you to completing the whole story, I am dying to find out what happens in Europe

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaabout 4 years ago
To Anon

Thanks for letting us know the origin story Fighting the Inevitable is no longer available on here. Saved me time getting into the story and pleased I can safely avoid this author's releases. Lots of other things to find and enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great sequel

Sensual Sigma - You truly won’t pay $4.34 on Kindle to support this author and read the prequel? You are truly missing out. Not sure why you had to publish your comment 5 times other than to want to crowd out all the good comments.

I started with a stand alone story and realized I enjoy this author’s writing style. If the rest go to print, I’ll be sure to purchase.

At the beginning of most of the stories, the author says to go to get the order. All but the first are here in Lit. Bravo to her for being published.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To SensualSigma

Hi, when I wrote my post in 2015 it was so people don't look for the first part of this story on THIS site.

I have to say you are missing out by not reading this author story. I have followed him from 2015 when I found this great story up to 2017. Now I just found out that he posted a new part last year so I will read not just the new post but all the stories on Literotica in order from start to finish.

And for the one that thinks missing the first part is important to the story don't worry it read nicely without it. But maybe after reading you're going to go support the author by buying the first part has a thanks for sharing his story.

Masterskitten26Masterskitten26over 3 years ago
Please DO READ THIS AUTHOR'S Stories - She is Wonderful!

The first story is up on Amazon, but all of the other stories are here on Lit.

Please don't turn away from these wonderful stories for that one reason.

@Anon, shame on you! This lovely author has stories that can stand alone and lead everyone into adventure! You have cause a terrible issue with your words.

Jaz is an excellent author and continues to be.

For anyone reading this story I highly suggest you continue to read the rest in this series. You will fall in love with the characters and travel with them through their journeys. The excitement and twists and turns are truly amazing!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

Is it really sooooo easy to impress a vampire, a vampire with a lifetime of already some hundred years as he works for the council? ....... He must have seen beauty in the past, beautiful human girls not only onest, so the s is taking his breath away ? ....... We all hide the good or the bad deep in our soul, lets see what happen between mara and demetri, if he can discover the dark deep

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Kidnapping, stripping and torturing a woman. What a start of a healthy relationship. I read these stories in the wrong order and now their relationship seems just wrong.

Demitri seems downright stupid. He is supposed to make sure humans don't learn about the supernational yet he doesn't understand that Mara doesn't know anything about mind shields. Well, congratulations, your kind have been successful in supressing such kowledge.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJazCullen@JazCullen
31 January 2021 Storm of Shadows Ch 12 has been submitted today. Hopefully it will be with you all soon :) Jaz Also, Fighting the Inevitable is now available to buy on Amazon... Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1SxJWkg Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Y52J5VY I have ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES