All Comments on 'The Atlanta Flight Attendant'

by westcoast_ken

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
goodshoes2goodshoes28 months ago

It started out so good, then the open marriage crap took over and spoiled the story.

lc69hunterlc69hunter8 months ago

I will never understand readers who come to a literary porn site that has almost every taboo perversion known to man, and then freak out at extramarital sex, consensual or not

francemanfranceman8 months ago

Really? You don't understand yet? How long have you been listing here?

So I'll explain to you:

Not all readers have the same affinities, the same tastes, the same feelings.....

Some LW readers don't like voluntary cuckolding, sharing, or exchanging.....

And they are there to read a story, the best possible, about betrayal or adultery, and its resolution.

this resolution generally occurs between 2 extremes which are the BTB and the RAAC.

lc69hunterlc69hunter8 months ago

@franceman, I don't like incest or non-consent (rape), but I don't go there, read the stories and then scream like a little banshee at how evil they are.

francemanfranceman8 months ago

@ic69hunter, as said before,

I don't like cuckolding which I think is a fetish, I don't like sharing or swapping but I like stories where there is betrayal, adultery and its resolution by the wronged party.

And guess what ? these stories are in LW.

RocketMan12RocketMan128 months ago

I guess that was an interesting twist about the open marriage, but extreme but this site is about Fantasy

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"If you've seen one Fender Stratocaster, you've seen them all"

Perfidy! BLASPHEMY! You dare to malign one of the best things to come from California?

Good story - not over the top. Keep writing.

They had each others' contacts - they could have hooked up elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a wonderfully well-written story! You exposed your education and made your teachers proud. A 5 from me.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

On the road again!

4

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"This story is . . . 100% true." - I don't understand why so many writers such statements on this type of story.

.

Whether it is true or not, nobody is going to believe it, which makes adding it pretty much pointless.

.

Second, as you have now moved the story from the world of fiction to the world of non-fiction, you destroyed any suspension of disbelief your story might have had (and needed).

.

Third, as much as people already judge a writer through their characters' actions, you just told them that you are one of those characters. Naturally, they are now going to judge you more as a person and less as a writer as they read your story.

.

TL;DR -> The "true story" cliche does more harm than good to a story, and it's writer.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A couple of days later, there was a text from Julie on my phone. The loud noises of construction at the job site prevented me from hearing the notification tone. When I got into my car, I checked and saw her message.

"Hi Scott, I'll be in Atlanta this afternoon," Julie's text read. "Are you still there?"

I returned her text, "Yes, still here. May I see you this evening?"

Julie did not immediately answer because she was airborne and could not use her phone. She responded to my text when she turned it on at the Atlanta airport.

"I would love to see you," Julie replied. "Meet me at the bar around 7:00-ish. I should be ready then."

--------------------

So, the big question is, how did he know that she was airborne and that was why she didn't respond? Even when she did later respond, that wasn't in her text...

Flipping from a character's view to a narrator's view briefly and without notice disrupts the story. You actually did that twice; first when explaining how he didn't hear the text when it happened, instead of explaining how he had missed it when he noticed the text later.

A good editor should have caught that for you.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Another “true “ LW story. What a joke. Atlanta, except for the no longer in Atlanta Braves, is the asshole of the country.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It's a decent story, but damn those padded bras! She went from a C/small D to a B/maybe C when she took it off! The walls of text made it a little difficult to read in a few places too, but I gave it a 4*.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous