The Awakening Ch. 11-20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am sorry I made you all worried..."

"That is ok, I am glad you are back with us."

"What happened there Miss Caliope? What happened when you touched Buer?"

Amra frowned at Heptanius and he lowered his head instantly. Rednius witnessed this and felt angry, it was not easy for him to observe his great general lower his head towards anyone, like he did now. Caliope bit her lips and felt something squeeze her heart after hearing that question.

"She will talk when she feels ready..."

Caliope took his hand and squeezed it. He looked back at her and smiled, releasing a sigh, and nodding.

Caliope stared at Amra while sighing "I am not a paper doll... I am stronger than you think... I am ok now..." and she smiled at the others "I do not know well what happened, it was so fast, and took me by surprise... Best way I can describe is, like a dream... I was falling into darkness, I couldn't find anyone, or anything around me... I was just falling and falling, I could not see the end... then it was light! And I could see everything around me... I was at some restaurant... and I saw Buer meeting..."

Caliope frowned; she shook her head and tightened her hands into fists, lifting her head with horror at Pronab. She had just woken up and did not have time to think about all of this for a second.

"He was meeting some one! It was the Hotel he mentioned, it must have been! I saw his past! How can this be?!"

She realized that the information she had was even more important, she saw the face of the higher rank Buer met, and it was someone inside the residence; but how much could she trust those in the room was still unsure. Her eyes pleaded for some help as she turned to look at Amra. She remembered how he spoke in her mind and read what she thought as well.

"That is amazing! It must be what he feared, somehow you are connected with the dark Angels and you could see them!"

Caliope was not paying attention at the overjoyed Heptanius; she was now focused on trying to speak in Amra's mind. She looked at his eyes with desperation, and squeezed his hands as she started to think ""please, please tell me you can hear me now... I need you to hear me now!"" Amra smiled softly at her and caressed her face with his free hand.

"Do not worry; you are safe now, calm down..."

He was not speaking to her mind, those were spoken words that everyone heard. She used all her strength to squeeze his hand tighter, making him now alarmed at her reaction. And then she heard him in her mind.

""My Asteria... what is wrong?""

She nodded calmer now that his attention was where she needed it. She did not know how it worked, she only knew he could hear her thoughts right now so all she did was to think about what she wanted to express ""I saw the man Buer encountered, is one of the people in the meeting! I do not know how many of them we can trust!"" She did not have to wonder if he heard her, his face now was as hard as a rock, anger in his eyes. He turned his head at Pronab.

"I want this room empty... now... only us 4, no one else!"

Pronab nodded and turned to escort the others out. Heptanius looked puzzled but nodded as the others looked back at him before finally leaving the room. Quickly Pronab locked the door and returned to them; he was worried as he knew something had happened that he was not aware of.

Amra looked at Caliope and nodded, encouraging her to speak now that it was only them in the room. She turned her gaze at Heptanius.

"I saw the person with whom Buer was shaking hands to, it was Keltop!"

Heptanius dropped his jaw open and gasped; Pronab frowned and turned his head at him.

"How long have you had him in your army?"

"It can't be, it's not possible, he has been with me since the beginning! You must be mistaken child!"

Heptanius gave a step closer, causing Caliope to gasp in fear. Amra turned his gaze in anger at him. Pronab held him still surprised after watching Heptanius defy Amra. He did not put resistance but was still in shock.

"You won't get a step closer to her, unless you wish to cease to exist..."

Heptanius watched Amra in horror, his worst nightmare would never come close to what he was now facing. Caliope had a hand in her chest pressed as she used her other hand to pull on Amra.

"Please Amra... stop!"

He turned his head at her still in anger. She pleaded to him with her eyes and her mind ""please be more reasonable, he doesn't know me! And yet he knows him from all his existence! He is surprised and scared! Calm down!"". Amra closed his eyes and shook his head. After some impossible seconds, he finally opened them and looked back at Pronab, signaling him to release Heptanius. Once he was released, his face now showed pain and suffering. Amra locked his eyes on his as he spoke softly and calmly.

"Will you trust it if you see it with your own eyes?"

Heptanius hesitated at first, but then he nodded. Amra gestured him to come closer, and though he was hesitant at first, he walked next to him.

"Pronab, grab her hand."

Caliope extended her hand to Pronab. She trusted him ten thousand times more than Heptanius. Caliope stood up from the bed and they formed a circle. Amra spoke to her slowly.

"Close your eyes and re live all that vision in your head, step by step, the more details the better..."

She nodded and took a deep breath. Her eyes closed and only then, Amra closed his eyes as well. Pronab and Heptanius were shaken by the tremor that ran thru their bodies. They had their eyes opened but they did not see things clearly, it was a dark twister around them that was swallowing them. Heptanius whimpered and almost slipped out of Amra's grip, but he did not let him go. The dark vortex was endless and it seemed to consume the light around them, they could feel each other but thru their eyes it was another world they were seeing.

Caliope was breathing heavy, as she was reliving the nightmare of that experience. She would have wished to forget all about it, but not now, it was important for them to see what she saw. Later there would be time to forget all about it.

The vortex ended as suddenly as it came, the light almost made them blind. The restaurant was filled with faces of strangers. Pronab wanted to look around to familiarize with the place but he was forced to only look one way. It was as if he was not in control of where he was going and how. He was seen things how Caliope was remembering. Right there he saw Keltop shaking hands with Buer, the vision so clear it was undeniable. The vision continued for a couple of more seconds and then everything stopped.

"We will make an example out of him... gather an urgent meeting now."

Heptanius was appalled, but he did not offer resistance anymore, he was shaken by the betrayal of one of his best soldiers. He walked to the door, unlocked it, and ordered an emergency meeting.

Caliope sat down on the bed as she was rubbing her eyes. Amra kneeled next to her and caressed her knees softly, allowing her some time to recover.

--

Chapter 16

--

"There is something I do not understand..." said Pronab pensive.

Amra looked at him "There are many things I do not understand, but tell me which is bothering you."

"If Keltop was in the room when Buer was questioned, why didn't he point him out?"

"Perhaps we just didn't make the right questions..."

Pronab nodded "perhaps, you were something unexpected for him, and he did not have the time to look around for other faces, or us to see their reactions..."

"Let's run another interrogation now... and ask the right questions..."

"I like the sound of that... what will you do once he reveals the traitor?"

"I will make an example out of him, just as promised."

Caliope was walking besides Amra as they kept talking. She was quiet, going thru her mind all the last events. Heptanius went from a glorious general, an ally, a friendly face, to a shadowed creature as fear, anger, disappointment and regret all mixed in his face. All because of what she saw.

"What if it was a silly dream? What if we are going to hang an innocent man?"

Amra stopped walking and turned his head to look at her. Pronab stopped two steps later. Amra's hand cupped Caliope's face as he leaned down to kiss her lips softly. She melted; the warmth, the touch, the sensation of her heart pounding fast. Almost as the first time.

"This world of conspiracies and danger is far from the dream fantasy I would have chosen for you to live in, my Asteria... I am sorry... I want you to be happy... not concerned and doubting about yourself... I promise you this is not all there is... I promise you we will give you a dream of calm and peace..."

His words took her by surprise, she thought there was a chance of them punishing an innocent man but he was more concerned on how she was enjoying her traveling experience.

"We will use my chains to make Buer reveal the traitor... there won't be mistakes Caliope... after we finish this, Amra has already asked me some days free for you two to look around and visit places... he is more concerned with you than you think."

And she nodded, reality hitting her again. They could only fall in love once in their long and eternal existence; that entire obsession would be justified now that she remembered how important she was for him. She squeezed his hand and lift herself in tip toes to kiss him softly, feeling goosebumps on her skin as she did.

"I am going to enjoy that time with you... all of it... thank you..."

He smiled; squeezed her hand back and together they continued walking to the gathering room. Once they arrived to the door, Heptanius walked in followed by Pronab. Amra stood and turned to look at Caliope with some concern.

"What is wrong? You do not want me there?"

"I want you with me all the time, but I need you to understand, whatever happens there, justice will be served..."

"I understand that, and I trust you..."

"I need... I need to know; you won't turn around and leave me, no matter what you see in there..."

Caliope perked a brow and looked at him now somewhat concerned. Amra noticed this and as the people were waiting on the room, he closed his eyes with a sigh.

"I might become something you won't like much when the time comes... will you love the beast that will be unleashed?"

She blushed. Pronab came towards them as they were taking too long. Amra stopped him with a hand sign. What he said made her head spin, why didn't she say that before? He was asking something else, but the word he used resonated in her mind. It was in a different context, but made it obvious how strongly she felt for him. Locking his eyes on hers he smiled softly.

"...my Asteria..."

"Amra... I love you..."

Amra blinked in surprise, a glow around his body and his smile bright. His body was almost shining, with warmth that could light up both rooms. He kissed her deeply and passionately, taking away her breath. She wrapped her arms around him and felt the intensity of his emotions. She felt tears fall from her eyes.

He took her hand and walked into the room. Amra's glow starting to vanish but everyone was in awe after they saw him shine. In her mind, Caliope heard him whisper.

""I love you my Asteria... and when this is over, I will make you mine for eternity...""

She felt her heart race, faster and stronger than ever before. She was blushing so deep she lowered her head trying to hide her joy in this moment of darkness.

As they reached to the center of the room, Buer was sitting on a chair and Pronab was putting the chains around him once more. Heptanius had a hollowed face. Near him his three men of trust standing. Heraclius, Rednius and Keltop looked at him but he did not look back, making them nervous.

Buer saw them come in and growled "this is getting annoying, leave me alone!"

"As I predicted, she has chosen your fate... after a few more questions, you will be set free... be grateful to her now unless you wish to end your life instead of the freedom you are given."

Buer frowned and looked at Caliope with disconcert. He was hesitant, looking back and ford at them both, unsure of what he just heard.

"Time has been wasted too much; you need to decide..."

"Thank you, Miss... for giving me back my freedom..."

Still unsure of how to react he looked back at Pronab who smiled back at him.

"Good choice, now let's get into those last questions..."

Amra started "what is the name of your contact?"

Buer frowned "he prefers me to call him -One-... nothing more..."

"Take a look around the people gathered here; tell me if you recognize his face."

The people summoned reacted with surprise and rage. But Buer chuckled as he started to look around to watch their reactions. He nodded towards one of them and the chains tightened quickly around him.

"Keep trying that, and we won't need to set you free after all..."

That was all it took for Buer to take the situation serious. He started to look one by one the faces of each until he saw everyone in the room. He rested his eyes on the three men near Heptanius and frowned. Shook his head then stared at them again. Pronab, Amra, Caliope and now Heptanius were looking at the three men. Upset, Heptanius walked between Buer and his men.

"Speak now!"

"I... don't understand..."

Calmly Amra asked "what is that you do not understand?"

"I... can't see them... but they are there, right?"

He was obviously confused and the chains loosened a little more. Heptanius grew in rage as he gave Buer his back and faced the three of them.

"When I was told you betrayed me, I couldn't believe it... I was angry at them, almost in shock... but I have seen it myself... and this is the final proof..."

Heraclius gasped "brother! What are you talking about?!"

"My General!" was all that Rednius could say.

Keltop looked at them both and then at Heraclius when he added "with what lies have they poisoned your mind my General?!"

Amra walked towards them determined "the time of your judgment has come..."

"Finish this charade! I know your gift Keltop; you are clouding your surroundings so he can't see you because he knows you!" the rage in Heptanius voice was clear evidence of his anger.

Caliope gasped. Everything happened so fast. Keltop drew out a dagger and jumped on Heptanius as he pushed both Heraclius and Rednius to the sides. But He got only inches from Heptanius, as Amra lifted his hand and the frozen figure of Keltop stood still in the air. Everyone in the room screamed and panicked. Heptanius gave a jump backwards and observed in horror the figure of his longtime friend and warrior inches from trying to murder him. He then looked at Amra who had his hand open and glowing. His hand started to close into a fist, and Keltop screamed loudly in pain, moving in the air where he was held floating.

Pronab gave a step back shaking his head "traitor..."

Amra looked straight at his eyes "speak now... who do you serve?!"

"You will all come down and perish, this world is lost, and soon, all the others will be ours as well..."

Buer was shocked watching the scene. Pronab pulled out the chains from around him and threw it fast on Keltop, who yelled loud. The chains glowed red as it held him tight.

Amra raised his voice "who do you serve?!"

"Your mother!"

The chains squeezed him tight, he growled. People in the room yelled and gasped.

"You know what will happen if you only give us lies... where are your people located in this continent?"

Keltop grinned "just around the corner!"

The chains locked tighter around him and he screamed. Heptanius shook his head and finally spoke.

"He won't speak, he will rather die than give us any information at all... we have nothing..."

"We have something... one traitor less in this world... a piece in their game knocked down... so, die he will..."

After finishing these words, Amra's hand turned into a complete fist, light came from inside Keltop's body and exploded in the room, bathing every corner with its intensity. After some seconds of light and chaos, the room started to go back to normal. The people now came close to Heptanius and Keltop was no were to be seen.

Amra had his hand still tight in a fist, his eyes closed and teeth gritting. Caliope was staring at a vision he warned her, he was scary. He became the one everyone was hoping he would be, the savior, that hand of justice. A beast of justice.

"Bring the other prisoner now..."

Heptanius signaled his brother and he rushed out through the doors. Pronab walked closer to Amra and Caliope, and extended a hand towards her. She was shaking a little, unable or afraid to move. Amra held his eyes closed tight as Caliope grabbed what Pronab was handling her, a handkerchief. Only then she noticed that she was in tears.

The doors opened and Heraclius walked in rushing, he brought with him a girl that was so young it could have been almost a child. Caliope was even more shocked, the girl looked scared and afraid, it made her want to rush to help her. In the sea of faces, the girl found Caliope's eyes and locked them there, pleading for help with tears.

She was forced to sit near but not next to Buer. Pronab rushed to pick up the chains from the floor and held around the frightened girl, avoiding to look at her as much as possible. But Caliope was just staring at her as she stared back. Amra opened his eyes and took a look at the scene, anger growing as he snapped his fingers and the girl jumped on the chair scared.

"You should know better than to mess with her... it is time for you to confess..."

But the girl opened her mouth, and with horror Caliope saw the girl had no tongue.

--

Chapter 17

--

""Pity, that is what she wants you to feel for her, feel sorry for her, run to her rescue... do not fall for it... she is a dangerous creature...""

Amra's words echoed in Caliope's head as he spoke to her mind while watching the girl whimper with the chains embracing her. Buer watched uncomfortable the scene as the girl continued to twist in pain on the chair.

"I don't need to see this... you said I was going to be released, are you failing to your word?!"

"No, we aren't failing to our word; you will be released, soon."

Caliope closed her eyes and that terrible pain she was feeling in her heart from the scene she was witnessing slowly started to go away. Yet in the darkness she was able to still hear. More whimpers, even screams, pain and tears. This was not her world; this was a new world, filled of darkness, deceit and treason. She tried to remember the last time something normal happened to her, something that was not related to a heavenly power. She remembered her day out at Central Park with Vanessa and she smiled. -Yes, that was completely natural and pleasant, I wonder how she is, and I might need to give her a call- She thought at the same time she was taking mental notes. A scream pulled her out of the memories; she squeezed her eyes tighter, determined not to see any of the tortures they might be doing to the girl. More memories was what she needed. This time, she tried to remember simply something that made her happy, and she became flooded with images of Amra. The night she was crying desperate and alone, not understanding why she was missing him so much when they barely knew each other, and him coming to her, holding her, and revealing to her what was then unexplainable, he couldn't be without her, and the feeling was mutual. Their first kiss, feeling powerless to what her body felt when he touched her face. She felt her heart pace faster as she blushed.

"Wake up my Asteria... please... wake up..."

Caliope heard Amra's voice inside her head and out, he was speaking to her out loud, asking her to wake up, but she wasn't asleep, was she?

"Caly! Come back to me!"