The Awards Show Ch. 12

Story Info
A little absence can make the heart grow fonder, right?
4k words
4.68
2k
1
0

Part 12 of the 18 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/27/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bdbeauty
bdbeauty
167 Followers

By the time night came, Jet was cradling Tierney as she cried. Her trip had been uneventful, thankfully, and when she landed her text to Rhett had been short, but sweet. It was completed by a picture of her at the white BMW he had rented for her. The man did know how to treat a lady. Jet already missed him, but Tierney had been her friend for a long time and she needed to be there for her.

That night, it was nearly 3 before Jet was able to crash out. She was lying in bed with Tierney, running hands through the other woman's hair as she waited for her to pass out. Tierney was in bad shape, no thanks to Nate, who apparently had bailed the moment he heard about the baby loss. Her friend was convinced Nate would never return, but Jet had hope. After all, if there were men in the world like Rhett than she had to believe there was hope.

When Tierney was completely out, Jet rolled to her back and pulled her phone from the nightstand.

'When you can, update me.' Rhett had sent a simple message, but it was enough to make her smile. She wasn't sure about love yet, but she was damn sure Rhett had a hold on her.

'Tierney's pretty bad, so I'll be here at least a few days. Everything is fine otherwise.' She sent the words and then closed her phone and her eyes.

The next morning was spent consoling Tierney further and splurging on whatever food she wanted as well as taking her shopping. If there was one thing she knew, it was that Tierney needed to not be home and be distracted. Jet glanced at her phone only once, but it was to see a response text from Rhett.

'You're a good friend Jet. I'll have to pamper you when you come home, and trust me there will be pampering.' Another smiled graced her face as her mind slid back into what they were doing only hours before she left to come here. From there, the next few days were spent with Tierney, who seemed to finally be calming.

Nate had fortunately come around and called. As Jet suspected, he was just as freaked out by losing the baby, but he apparently needed to deal with things on his own. She wanted to scream at him, but if there was one thing she knew for sure it was that everyone had their own way of dealing with trauma. After her own trauma with Mitchell, she really couldn't fault anyone's response.

By the sixth day she was there, Tierney and Nate were talking again and she saw her friend coming out of the worst of it. Rhett had continued small texts to her checking in at least twice a day. It was nice to know someone was thinking about her. It was also nice to see that he understood boundaries. He messaged enough to make sure she was alright, but he didn't send her the dozens of messages a day that Mitchell had. Of course, Rhett had never been like that with her. He had always seemed to understand where to draw the line.

Overall, Jet felt better than ever about giving things with Rhett a real try. There had always been their intense physical connection, but now there was more. He had been right; talking for the entire weekend and getting to know each other had solidified how she felt.

Once Jet felt that Tierney was ready for her to head out, she texted Rhett again asking if he'd be willing to make arrangements for her to come home. He replied and said he would have details to her shortly. Jet sighed as she sat there, eating lunch with Tierney while Nate was at work.

"So, do you think this time you guys are going to make an actual go of things?" Tierney smiled at her.

"I think so, not that you should worry about that." The last thing she wanted to do was put any stress on her friend, so she intended to not talk about Rhett at all.

"Worry? Jet, we worry about each other all the time. You know I'm just happy you kicked Jane to the curb. Honestly, that girl was way too young for you. I mean she called you 'gorg.' Who says that?" Tierney laughed a little and it was the first time her friend seemed normal again since she had called her at Rhett's house.

"I'm glad you're feeling well enough to give me shit. Jane happened to be a very nice woman. I don't regret my time with her, but we are on different paths."

"Yea, you're on a path to real love with Rhett and Jane is heading to some hippie activity. I mean where is she right now drum circle? Or maybe she's going to Coachella isn't that coming up soon."

"Damn, I came all the way up here to make you feel better, and this is the thanks I get."

"You did make me feel better. I wish we lived closer together girl."

"I know. I miss you."

"I miss you too. I mean if I was in L.A. with you there is no way you would have ever let Rhett get away from you. You should have been dating him since that awards ceremony where you bumped uglies in the coatroom."

"Tierney, we did not bump uglies in a coatroom. We were in a nursing room." They both laughed at her words.

"Man, I missed your laugh. So, we have a bit; tell me what happened at this party."

"Do you really want me to get into all that? I'm here for you this week."

"Jet, give me something else to think about."

"Fine. The party was lovely. Rhett apologized and I apologized and we ended up talking for a long time afterwards."

"How long did it take you to fuck him again?"

"Tierney! What makes you think I fucked him again?"

"Oh, I don't know...his picture. I mean the guy is hot, and if I remember correctly you two cannot even be alone in a room together without physical contact of some kind."

"We've only had sex a handful of times, so I don't know what you're talking about."

"Jet, how long have we known each other?"

"Apparently too long, why?"

"Because I know that you are hypersexual and from what I have heard about Rhett he is attracted to you. Put those two things together, and boom fireworks."

"It was different this time. You know I spent two nights there and we didn't even have sex at all until the second morning. He wanted to make sure that we got to know each other better before we did it again."

"So, you slept in the same bed for two nights and nothing?"

"Nothing. It was really nice actually. Of course when we finally did have sex it was amazing. I mean the man makes my body sing."

"So I've heard, ad naseum really." Tierney rolled her eyes with another grin. "I'm kidding. I'm actually really happy for you. Since the Mitchell thing, you haven't been really happy and with him you seem happy. I mean every time you saw him I could hear the glow in your voice. Now, watching you talk about him, well he's your one. I really think that. I just hope you guys can figure it out this time and he doesn't pull a caveman again."

"Yea that scared me, but I think he's cognizant of that now and I think he gets my damage and it doesn't scare him. He's...well...he's damn near perfect. I think that's what scares me the most."

"None of them are perfect Jet. Look at Nate and his asshole move this past week. We're all human and humans mess up. Rhett's going to mess up again and so are you. The great news is we always have each other."

"That we do."

As their conversation ended, Jet got a text from Rhett with the details of her flight. The guy must have rushed to get things moving so fast. She couldn't help but get a little excited at the thought of seeing him again. Tierney was right, everyone wasn't perfect. For all Rhett's issues, though, he was the best person she had ever been with and he was certainly the first that had made her feel like this.

*****************************

A few hours after saying goodbye to Tierney, Jet was taking an Uber back to her house from the airport. She was emotionally drained, and just wanted to pull on some comfy clothes and relax. Her brain was fried. Of course, if Rhett wasn't working, she would have loved to have used him as a way to clear her head. He had messaged while she was on the flight; however, that they were going to be working late today. He told her he would be in touch when he could.

The Uber pulled up to Jet's place and she hopped out with her bag, and her first surprise greeted her. There, on her stoop, sat a vase with flowers in it. They were white roses and she already knew who sent them. She put down her bag and unlocked the door, coming back for the flowers. A simple card sat inside with only a few simple words on it.

'Missed You! Rhett.' Jet smelled the flowers and sighed. This man was determined to sweep her off her feet. Jet sent him a quick text saying thank you, and then started to unpack. The mental exhaustion of her trip was kicking in, but she had a thing about being unpacked before relaxing.

Her doorbell rang a few minutes in, and Jet rushed down the hall. When she opened it, she was greeted by a delivery driver.

"Hi. Can I help you?"

"Are you Jet?" The young woman at the door looked down to a card she held.

"Yes."

"A man named Rhett put in a delivery order for you." She smiled and handed Jet a brown paper bag.

"Oh, thank you. Hang on let me get my wallet and I'll hook you up with a tip." She smiled at the young woman.

"No need. He already more than took care of it." She gave her a soft grin and headed back to her car.

Jet took the bag inside and opened it to find a salad, a pasta dish, and bread. She put it on a plate and started munching as she finished her unpacking. Rhett knew how to treat a girl alright. When she had just put her suitcase away and was finishing up, another knock came at the door. By the time she reached it, she was already smiling.

An hour later, Jet was settled into her comfy clothes, she had already been treated to cheesecake and had a spa basket sitting on her counter. Rhett wasn't just treating her right; he was pampering her. She felt perfect and was looking forward to a relaxing evening and hopefully one that finished with a rather tall man in her bed being thanked by her for this showering of gifts.

'You are spoiling me. You better save some tricks for future use.' She messaged Rhett as she lay back into her couch and considered what she might do first.

'I take you it you are well-fed and are relaxing, maybe with a bath bomb and some rose petals?' Rhett responded right away and Jet's grin spread wide.

'Why do you want a picture?' She was feeling a little playful with the man.

'That would be too distracting. What I expect is that once you are done relaxing you will get yourself down to the studio so I can see you. Don't keep me waiting long.'

Jet read his message and her heart dropped. What he expected? He didn't want to be kept waiting? After all the nice stuff he sent, what the hell was that supposed to mean? Jet didn't respond to his message. She sat there considering it and it made a cold chill run over her. Was the man she thought she knew just another version of Jane or worse Mitchell? He wasn't just pampering her after all; he was making demands that he 'expected' to be followed. Her heart dropped as she considered what he was saying.

Suddenly, Jet's relaxed happiness turned. She started to pace in her house, just wondering where she had gone wrong. Why had she let herself feel secure with him? Now, here she was falling for another person who demanded control. After another half an hour of stressing over it, Jet was done. She would give him what he 'expected' all right, and then some. She changed into a simple black skirt and slipped on a shirt and some shoes before hopping in her car to head to the studio.

*************************************

When Jet arrived at the studio, her heart was racing. She kept wondering if this was the end for them, and how Rhett would take that. Would he get upset and do worse than hit the wall this time? Was she about to see the real Rhett that she didn't know? Would Link have told her if Rhett was a controlling asshole like Mitchell? Surely he was enough of a friend to tell her if she was heading down a bad path, but he had never said anything.

The thoughts swirled in her head as she came into the studio and saw Link. "Where's Rhett?"

"Hey girl, how are you? I heard you had a rough week." Link came over putting a hand on her arm.

"I'm doing okay. I need to talk to Rhett though. He sent over like all this stuff and then demanded that I come over to see him here immediately."

"What? That doesn't sound like him. I mean I know he wanted to see you, but he doesn't usually demand like that."

"Well, he did and I...I need to talk to him about it. Is he here?"

"Yea. He's in our office working on something. You know where it is. Please, though, no fights." Link smiled at her and Jet turned heading in that direction.

She pulled out her phone and read the text message again. It was like seeing him was required based on what he sent her, and that was simply unacceptable. She wasn't going to stand for any controlling behavior from him, not when she felt like she did about him. No, this was not going to work if that's the way he was and he needed to know it now.

Without even a knock, Jet opened the office door and closed it. Rhett was sitting on the couch, turned sideways with one leg folded in front of him and the other on the ground. She marched over towards him, arms crossed over her chest.

"I'm here sir, what else can I do for you?" The snarkiness was all over her face and clearly in her voice.

"Uh...okay. Well, it's great to see you."

"Don't do that. Don't act normal like everything is okay."

"Have I done something wrong? I'm getting kind of a strange vibe here." He plopped the papers he was holding with a highlighter onto the ground and titled his head in seeming confusion.

"You think that just because you help me out with a plane ticket and all that and then send me all that stuff that you can demand my presence here?" She just put it out there, exactly what she was thinking.

"Is that how you took my message? Jet...I..."

"No. No, you don't get to backtrack. Let me read it to you...'I expect that once you are done relaxing you will get yourself down to the studio so I can see you. Don't keep me waiting long.' That's a demand and that's what you wrote. You can't just buy my time like that." She was upset. This wasn't like him, and she wanted to know if she was walking into another shitty relationship before it was too late.

"Shit. I should not have said it that way. That is not what I meant Jet. Come here."

"No. No, I will not come there and let everything just be okay."

"Come on. Please come here." Jet walked over standing at the edge of the couch and looking down into his eyes. "Listen, I was trying to say that I really wanted to see you at the studio because I would be working late and I was hoping you would come by. I just wanted you to know that I wanted you to relax and feel good and then come see me because I missed you."

"That's not what you said, though. You said it that way and it sounds like a demand Rhett. It sounds like a quid pro quo."

"When you read in that tone, yes it does, but I did not mean it that way. I really just wanted to see you. I have missed you like crazy and just a few texts for the last week has been so not enough. It's been a week since I touched you baby." He reached out grabbing her hand.

"I...I..."

"Don't. Don't apologize. I get it. I understand why you took it that way, and I should have chosen my words better. It's just so damn hard to convey a growl of excitement over text." He gave her a smile and Jet felt herself melting. She paused for a moment, thinking about what the message actually said and how she took it.

"I guess...damn it Rhett. I thought you were..."

"Yea. I know. Come here." He pulled her towards him and Jet went willingly, before throwing a leg over his now outstretched legs and straddling him so she could look into his face.

"It's just been a bad few days Rhett and then I came home and it was so wonderful, but your text."

"Hey, it's all good. At least it got you to come here right? And now, I've got you and it's going to be okay. I've got you. You can tell me all about your time with Tierney and all that little later. Right now, I have to work a few more hours, but if you want you can stay and watch us film, and then maybe even come home with me." He threaded his fingers into her hair, focusing her face and she saw no indication of any bad intention in those eyes. She saw nothing but love and caring.

"I missed you Rhett. I...I just kept thinking how I should have said it back to you, but all I could think was how dirty those words were for me. I never said them to Jane, though, I swear. You're not the only one that..."

"I'm not worried about it. Come here." Rhett pulled her into him for a kiss. Their lips met and Jet felt comforted even more. Her hands moved to his chest, anchoring herself to Rhett.

His beard pressed around her mouth and he felt like home again. Jet allowed herself to get lost in their kissing, wanting to feel this comforting feeling forever. Her hands slid up around his neck and she pulled herself in tighter to him, needing the contact of Rhett's body closer to her as his smell started to invade her nostrils.

"God, I missed you. It feels so good to have you back in my arms." He let his forehead rest on hers as he spoke, and Jet felt her body warm to his. Her skirt was up around her hips and she could feel his jeans as they pressed against her core. In an instant, she had gone from mad at him to wanting him.

"I missed you more." Her lips reconnected with his and then she broke, trailing kisses over his beard and down to his neck.

"Oh Jet." He sighed the words and his hands left her face to grab onto her hips, pulling her even tighter against him.

Jet let her fingers move down his chest as she unbuttoned the top of his shirt, revealing more of his flesh. When she couldn't tilt down anymore, her fingers kept going as her mouth reunited with his. His grip tightened as she let her tongue move between his lips and shifted her fingers down to working at his belt.

"Hang on, let me." As she finished the button and zipper, he lifted his hips up and shifted his pants and briefs down to expose his hard cock.

"God yes. I need you." She said the words and looked into his eyes. Rhett nodded and lifted her hips up. Jet went along and allowed him to shift her panties to the side before she was positioned over his cock.

Jet slid herself down onto him slowly, feeling every inch of him invading her. It took away all the hurt and the emotions from her trip and replaced it with a feeling of comfort and bliss. When she was fully seated, Jet just stopped and let her head move to his shoulder, breathing in Rhett's scent.

"Take what you need baby. I've got you." He kissed her cheek, sliding his hand back up into her hair. His other held her hip tightly and Jet pulled her face up to look at him.

Jet didn't speak; she just stared at him as she started to move. She was taking what she needed, being connected to Rhett physically and all the feelings that the connection gave her. Each motion felt epic suddenly, needed and perfectly timed to make her body feel good and to center her mind.

Rhett didn't speak either, just watching her eyes and holding her as she moved. His eyes crinkled suddenly and he let out a growl before pulling her mouth to his. Then, they both started to moan and whimper into each other as they moved. It was more connection than she had ever felt with another person. Rhett was her center suddenly and she could never imagine giving that up.

She moved over and over, until a gasp of pleasure made her part from him. Her head was thrown back and Rhett's hand held it as he kissed down her neck. She wrapped her hands around his head and pushed him backwards. Her body was already racing towards a release and she wanted to be looking at him when she came. Jet needed to be connected to him when it happened.

"I..."

"I know." His thumb traced over her lips, silencing her and her body tensed around him. A soft sound came from her lips and she felt them shaking as she stared into his eyes. "Hoh...yes." He gasped and continued to stare at her even as his eyes narrowed and his breath caught. Jet felt him spasm inside of her and watched as his pupils adjusted to the pleasure.

bdbeauty
bdbeauty
167 Followers
12