The Ballad of Bonita

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Will saw a cargo plane coming in for a landing on the other side of the flightline. "Do you think that's for us?"

Bonita looked at the plane and nodded. "Probably. No other cargo is staged on the flightline right now.

Will studied her sad look. He then said, "Good. So where do you want to go?"

"What?" Bonita asked.

"Our plane is here. Where do you want to go? I think we need a vacation."

Bonita looked confused before understanding Will's game. She then smiled. "A vacation sounds incredible. But we have to go somewhere really fun."

"Oh, We'll make it fun wherever we go."

Bonita smiled. "I'm sure we will."

"I'd say someplace tropical but I'm tired of sweating right now."

"Well, I'm not going on vacation in Siberia," she said with a grin.

"How about Yellowstone," Will asked.

"Oh, I love hiking."

A soft smile crept onto Will's face.

"What?" Bonita asked.

"Nothing. I just... I love camping and hiking. I love being in nature. Sleeping under the stars."

Bonita smiled. "Me, too." She then chuckled. "Star-crossed lovers, huh?"

"Yeah. Fucking stars."

Bonita looked at Will as his face soured. She then walked over and stood in front of him. She used her thumb to wipe the perspiration from the side of his face. "You're sweating pretty good."

"It's hot out here."

They stared at one another for a while before he asked, "What is it between us?"

"I don't know."

They were then startled by a loud burst of static from her walkie-talkie. "Airman Ross?" Sergeant Brockman's voice bellowed.

"Yes, Sergeant?"

"Have you finished prepping the load?"

"Yes. Everything is ready. We saw the C-17 coming in. We can start loading as soon as it arrives."

"It's going to be a minute," Brockman said. "The plane's having some mechanical issues. Take a break and contact me in a couple of hours. I'll let you know where we are then."

"Copy," Bonita said. She then looked at Will and shrugged. "Hurry up and wait."

"Yeah," Will said. "So... you want to get something to eat?"

Bonita smiled.

********************

"Is this your barracks?" Will said as he slowly drove down the street that ran through the base lodging.

"Yeah. It's the one on the corner there. Bottom floor," Bonita said, pointing out the room where she was staying. "I just need to grab something and then we can go eat."

Will parked next to the curb in front of the entrance to her room and turned off his car. "It's good that you don't have to make that long drive back tonight."

"Yeah, that was getting old," Bonita said. "We finally convinced them to give us rooms for the night. We'll head back in the morning."

"Yeah," Will said. He and Bonita then looked at one another for a few seconds.

"Well, thank you for driving me over here."

Will nodded. "I was going this way anyway."

"You were?" Bonita asked, surprised.

Will gave her a sarcastic look.

"Shut up!" Bonita said, slapping him on the arm. "I'll be right back."

Will watched her as she walked away, wondering why his heart was always full in her presence. He then, as she entered her room, wondered just how serious she was about her boyfriend.

*****

The music was on in Will's car and he was playing a game on his phone as he waited for Bonita. Losing on yet another level of Happy Glass, he looked at the time and saw that she had been in her room for about 20 minutes. He stared at her door, as if the harder he looked at it the more likely she was to emerge from it. He then contemplated going and seeing what was taking her so long.

Will placed his hand on his door to open it and then paused. Though he wanted nothing more than to be alone with Bonita in a room with a bed, he knew she was in a relationship and he was hesitant to create a scenario with which she was uncomfortable. Still, she was taking an inordinate amount of time for someone who would be right back. Will turned his attention back to his phone.

Another five minutes passed, Happy Glass wasn't cooperating, and Will's stomach began to growl. He studied her door for another few seconds, to no avail. He then took a deep breath and left his car.

Will gave Bonita's door a soft knock and then stood back. He waited several anxious seconds for her to respond. Thinking he didn't knock quite loud enough or that she might have been in the bathroom, he lifted his hand to knock again just as she opened the door.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry," she said, leaving the door open as she walked back into her room wearing her uniform pants and t-shirt but no boots or BDU jacket. "I told myself I was taking too long and you were going to wonder what I was doing."

Will stared at her room through the open doorway as his feet remained frozen to the concrete beneath them. "What is taking you so long? You said you were going to grab something."

"I know," she said as she stood at the mirror over the sink frenetically wiping her face with a cleansing pad. "I just felt so icky after all that time sweating on the flightline."

"So you decided to take a shower?" Will asked.

Bonita spun her head around and looked at him. "A quick one." She then looked at him for a second. "Are you going to stay outside with the door open and air condition the base?"

She chuckled, turning back around to tend to her face and continuing her rapid-fire speaking as Will hesitantly walked into the room and closed the door. "My dad used to say that all the time. Well... not the base part. He used to say I was air conditioning the neighborhood."

"Why are you talking so fast?" Will asked, standing just inside the room with his feet frozen to the carpet.

Bonita paused what she was doing and took a deep breath. She, again, turned toward Will before saying, "I don't know." They then looked at one another for a few seconds before she turned back around, tending to her face much more calmly. "I guess I was trying to hurry so you wouldn't have to wait so long and I was just..." She turned once more to look at him. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I understand. It would be nice to take a shower after all of that work."

She turned back toward her mirror as she said, "I guess I should have asked if you wanted to take one, too."

Bonita then gasped as she looked at Will through the mirror. "I mean... "

Will smiled as he held up his hand. "I know what you meant."

"Oh my god," Bonita said with her head down.

"Look," Will then said, "If you wanted to take a shower with me, all you had to do was ask."

Bonita stared at Will through the mirror with her mouth open and wearing a grin. "Alright, now," She said as she finished with her face cleanse. "Don't start something you can't finish."

Will's heart began to race at the thought of sharing a shower with Bonita. He continued to watch her through her mirror as she applied eyeliner. From behind and in a t-shirt - as opposed to the bulky BDU jacket he had always seen her in - he could see her svelte waist.

He could also, through the mirror, see the shape of her breasts. Not too large, but perfect - he imagined - for his hands to grasp from behind. As he continued to study her, he desperately tried to picture how her hips and butt would look in normal clothing. Her figure tantalizingly peeked through even the bulky, androgenous uniform pants she wore.

Bonita turned around and asked, "Are you OK? You look like you are in a trance."

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. My mind was wandering."

As she stood and sauntered toward him, she asked, "Where did it wander to?"

Will smiled.

Bonita tilted her head as she continued, "Or did it wander someplace it's not allowed to go?"

Will lifted an eyebrow. "Alright. Don't start something you can't finish."

Bonita giggled.

After a few seconds, Will asked, "So, are you done getting cleaned up?"

"Yeah. I feel a lot better now. Fresher." Bonita then moved to within inches of Will and tilted her neck toward him. "Don't I smell fresher now?"

Will paused. He then lowered his nose to her neck and inhaled. A subtle, sweet peach scent filled his nostrils and nearly knocked him off balance. He stepped back and nodded.

Bonita flashed a subtle, sweet smile. Will then stepped forward and lowered his head back toward her. After, once again, inhaling her intoxicating fragrance, he began placing soft kisses on her neck.

Bonita's breath quickened at the feel of his lips. She began to sway, prompting Will to place his hand on her lower back to balance her. She then put both of her arms behind his neck as his kisses moved from the side of her neck to her cheek... and then to her lips.

Their bodies clutched one another as their mouths began to release over a year's worth of sexual tension that had built up between them. They slowly moved toward Bonita's bed as she sat on the edge of it while he got down on his knees on the floor in front of her.

Bonita wrapped her legs around Will as he grasped her bottom and hips and pulled her tight to him. He could feel her hips gyrating as their tongues began to subtly graze one another. Their passion was then interrupted by a distinct ringtone emanating from Bonita's phone.

Bonita slowly eased her face away from Will's and her body went limp. He leaned backward as he studied her lugubrious expression. As she closed her eyes and shook her head, he knew.

"Your boyfriend?" Will asked.

Bonita nodded.

Will quickly rose from his knees and backed up from Bonita. "I'm sorry."

Bonita placed her hand over her forehead and eyes. She shook her head. "What is it with us? We really barely know each other."

"I don't know. I just know that when I'm with you... "

Bonita looked up at Will and longingly stared at him. "'When you're with me', what?"

Will looked at Bonita as the same ringtone restarted.

Will pursed his lips. "I'll wait for you in the car."

Bonita nodded as she retrieved her phone.

As Will opened the front door, Bonita covered her phone and quietly called out to him. "I'm sorry."

Will turned and smiled. He then whispered, "I'll be in the car."

As he closed the door behind him, the weight of the emotions of the moment crashed around him. It was all he could do to lift his legs high enough to walk back to his vehicle.

********************

Today

Will stood up at his table in the cafeteria, which drew Bonita's attention to him as she entered the room carrying her tray. A soft smile eased onto her face as she began walking toward him.

"Hi," she said, standing in front of Will.

"Hi," he said, wearing a smile a bit bigger than he intended.

After a few seconds, Theo said, "Hi, Bonita."

She glanced at Theo. "Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't see you sitting there."

Theo gave a wave as Will's eyes remained on Bonita.

She then returned her attention to Will. "I was hoping I would see you here today."

Will chuckled. "Well, I had no idea I was going to see you today... but I'm glad I did."

She nodded. Her smile then completely faded. After averting her eyes for a moment, she looked directly at Will and said, "I need to tell you something."

Will's smile then faded as they stared at one another.

Theo stood up from the table with his lunch tray. "Why don't you two have a seat and I'll catch up with Will later."

Will looked at his friend. "Thanks, man."

Theo then nodded and walked away as Bonita took his place at the table.

"Let me guess..." Will said. "You and your boyfriend are getting married?"

Bonita shook her head. "We broke up."

"Oh." Will said, attempting to mask his elation at the prospect of the two of them being single at the same time.

Bonita smiled. "I've missed you. I always do between Load Team assignments."

Will nodded. "Same here."

Bonita chuckled. "Star-crossed lovers."

"Are we, though?" Will said. "I mean... you're single now, right? And so am I."

Bonita nodded as her smile faded.

"And I've always wanted to visit Naeb Air Force Base. If I could just get your phone number before some disaster befalls..."

"I've been reassigned to Laine Air Force Base."

A stunned Will asked, "Alaska?"

"Yeah."

"When?"

After a pause, Bonita said, "I leave tomorrow."

Will's face and shoulders dropped. He and Bonita's eyes then fell on the lunch table. As they sat in silence, Will's mind flashed to all of the good times he had with Bonita in the brief moments they were able to share together. He looked back up at her, heartbroken by the tears in her eyes. He then reached for and held her hand across the table.

"You know..." Will said, "...oddly, I think this is one of the best relationships I've ever had."

Bonita looked up at him and giggled. "Yeah."

Will smiled at her. "What are you doing the rest of the day?"

Bonita shook her head as she grabbed a napkin from the table and began drying her eyes. "Nothing. I just got done with the last of my out processing paperwork. I have to report to the flightline tomorrow at 11am."

Will, still holding Bonita's hand, stood up. "Good. Let's go."

Bonita rose from her seat as she asked, "Where are you taking me?"

"On our first date," Will said before leading her out of the cafeteria.

********************

"This place is incredible," Bonita said as she and Will walked hand-in-hand down a long concrete path, lined on both sides with various flowers representing every color of the rainbow. "It's overwhelming."

Will nodded. "If you come to the Botanic Garden at the right time, the beauty will blow you away."

"Is this the right time?" Bonita asked as she continued to study the bevy of flora before them.

"It is when I'm here with you."

Bonita gave Will a sarcastic look at his over-the-top compliment. Her heart then melted when she saw the sincerity in his eyes. "Why do you like me so much?"

Will shrugged. "There's a feeling I get when I'm around you. I've never felt it before but it's the most incredible thing I've ever experienced. Someone that evokes something like that in me has to be pretty incredible, herself."

Bonita looked at Will with a perplexed expression as her eyes began to water. She then looked away from him as a tear cascaded down her cheek. "Why didn't I find you sooner? Or at another time in my life when I wasn't being shipped off to the Arctic?"

Will shook his head as the expanse of flowers on the grounds gave way to a vast green lawn and a small pedestrian bridge in the distance. He turned and looked at Bonita. He then paused their walk, turning her toward him.

As she looked up at him, he used his thumb to wipe the line of tears from her cheek. He then said, "I don't know. But we're here right now."

Bonita smiled. She threw her arms around Will's waist, gripping him tightly as she laid her head against his chest. Will took a deep breath as they held one another, his nostrils infused with Bonita's signature peach scent. He couldn't believe how hard his heart was beating and wondered if she could feel it, too.

Bonita looked up at Will, her arms still around him. "Thank you," she said. "This place is beautiful."

"Well, I figured since we both love nature... "

Bonita's smile widened as she nodded.

The two then continued along the concrete path until they reached the apex of the walking bridge. Bonita gasped as they looked down at the creek running beneath the bridge. It was teeming with large, multicolored koi fish.

"Oh my god!" Bonita said, mesmerized by the aquatic menagerie beneath her.

His eyes drinking in the koi, Will said, "This is my favorite part of the Garden."

"I see why," Bonita said, her eyes hungrily consuming the dizzying array of colors and movements.

Will smiled as he watched Bonita with a full heart. He quickly kicked away his feelings of dread about it being the only day they would share together. He was determined to enjoy the experience to the fullest.

An effervescent Bonita looked up at Will. "This is so... I'm... I don't think I've ever been this happy." She then stopped smiling as she said, "I'm not going to Alaska. I'm not. I'm just going to stay here with you and that's that."

Will chuckled. "I wish it were that simple."

Bonita began to pout. "But this isn't fair. We just found each other. This is... "

"... torture," Will said. "This is the sweetest torture imaginable."

Bonita exhaled. "Yeah. Torture."

He smiled. "Would you like to see the rest of the Garden?"

Bonita smiled and nodded. "Please."

********************

Bonita and Will entered her assigned room on base as she closed the door behind them. She then moved to the other side of the room to put down her purse. As Bonita was wearing fitted jeans, Will had been enjoying finally being able to see her figure.

She glimpsed him stealing a look at her backside through her vanity mirror. She quickly turned around as Will's eyes met hers. "What are you looking at?"

Will smiled. "I'm sorry. You look very sexy in those jeans."

Bonita giggled. "You're smooth."

Will shrugged. "I'm honest."

Bonita walked over to him. Standing directly in front of him, she said, "Honesty is smooth."

Will then lowered his lips to hers as they shared a long kiss.

"You've been trying to get a good look at my ass in these jeans all day, haven't you?"

"I've been trying to get a good look at your ass ever since the first time we met," Will said to Bonita's surprise. "Damned bulky BDU pants."

Bonita laughed. She then stepped back, turned around, and wiggled her bottom toward Will. "Well... now you've seen my ass. What do you think?"

"It's like everything else about you. I love it."

Bonita stood up straight with her hands on her hips. "Damn," she said as she stared at Will. Bonita then moved toward Will and shoved him in the chest, knocking him off balance and to a seated position on the edge of her bed. She then straddled him while they passionately kissed.

With their lips firmly pressed against one another and enthralled in their intense embrace, Will managed to say, "Is it bad... to say that... I want to see you... out of your jeans?"

"You don't have too long to wait for that," Bonita said.

Will then lifted her and turned her around, lying her on her back with her legs tightly wrapped around him.

Will ran his hands underneath Bonita's shirt, lifting it up enough to expose her bra. As she finished taking her shirt off he lowered himself and began kissing her stomach and cupping her breasts. Bonita then interrupted, reaching down and quickly pulling off Will's shirt.

Passionately kissing and with her nails raking his back, Will reached behind her and unclasped her bra.

She quickly threw it to the side and grabbed the back of Will's head. He took nearly her entire breast into his mouth as her back arched at the feel of his tongue on her nipple.

"Oh, shit, Will... yes!" Bonita said, pressing the back of his head to her chest almost to the point where he couldn't breathe. It was all he could do to continue to flick his tongue, which kept her body pleasurably writhing beneath him.

With frenetic energy surging through him, Will moved back up Bonita's body, kissing and licking her neck and lips. He then felt Bonita's hand move to unlossen his belt. Will returned the favor, the two of them trying to keep kissing as they fumbled with one another's pants.

"Wait," Bonita said, pushing her palm against Will's chest and halting their dalliance. She then eased from beneath Will and stood up.

Bonita began unfastening her belt as she said. "Why don't I take care of mine and... "

Will nodded as he hopped up from the bed and quickly did the same with his belt. "Good idea."

The two frantically, and - fighting nervous energy - clumsily shed their pants (and in Will's case, his shoes as well).

Getting done first, Bonita plopped back onto the bed in only her panties. She laid back, resting on her elbows and waiting for Will to finish.

Will tossed aside his pants and slipped off his socks. He then laid in bed next to Bonita as they gazed into one another's eyes.