All Comments on 'The Ballad of Decker Crane Ch. 11'

by semiosis50

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
semiosis50semiosis50about 1 month agoAuthor

Hey everyone. Thanks for reading. So, I just had a very nice anonymous reader email to say they liked the story. They also said that I had incorrectly confused the words "come" and "cum," and that only the second referred to the sexual act. This person said they are a teacher. Hello. I am a linguist. Having traditionally published in erotica, where there is a necessary consistency in regard to this debate, I must respectfully disagree. "Come" is the verb, and it means, among other things, "to climax." "Cum" is the noun, and is the sticky result of the first. Of course, people have little reddit wars about it, but as one grammarian put it, the "official rules are that despite varieties in common usage, 'come' is the spelling you use when you’re making it a verb and 'cum' is the noun, the actual ejaculate." Or, as another put it, "'Cum is post-conjugal." In other words, "cum," being a vulgarism, is not supposed to be conjugated as a verb. I admit I laughed with that one. I suppose you could argue differently by right of common usage, which can deploy either term interchangeably and in either position, or point out that that etymologically "come" has also been used to represent the noun for ejaculate since 1920, or out of sheer perversity, but not to me. I'm going with the official version. Anyway, that was fun, and this is why linguists never go anywhere. Cheers! PS. In case any of you are working by older rules, the usage of "they" is now officially acceptable by the grammarian gods, those anal yoaches, as acceptable in place of the s/he or "one" subject formation. I admit it is a relief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I believe that is the best comment I've ever read here, dear author. This series has really grasped my attention. Decker reminds me of the gritty no-nonsense breed of men from back home in the deep south.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I love this series...like all of your stories....when does next part cum (haha) out?

semiosis50semiosis5030 days agoAuthor

Hey. Harp here. The final installment of The Ballad of Decker Crane is schedule for release tonight, if all goes as planned. Thanks for the comments. I've enjoyed being back on the site.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

I bow to the grammarian.😊 I only mentioned being a teacher as a weak excuse for sending a correction. I'm also an old lady, they didn't cover the finer points of sexual vocabulary. (lol) I do enjoy your stories. This is the third one I read. The lot is so strong that I have lots of "can't put it down" moments.

semiosis50semiosis5028 days agoAuthor

Hey Anonymous. I am not a grammarian, yikes, although I know them and turn corners to avoid running into them. My field is theoretical and I should point out I misspelled "peaceable" twice in decker and glitched a find/paste on that final chapter and once had a book published that used the word "straight" for "strait" even though I do know the difference and I just didn't notice until the copy went to print at my publisher, who didn't catch it either. It was a long sleepless night after that one. Thanks for being such a good sport, and it's all in fun. I'm happy you liked them, and email me anytime.

tothegravetothegrave27 days ago

I definitely have complicated feelings about Decker and Persya, but I loved the rhythm of the conversation of how they admitted their feelings for each other. Funny, sweet, and true to character.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersemiosis50@semiosis50
Harp here. Harp here. Thanks for your comments and votes. I released The Ballad of Decker Crane on Literotica and have also published it on Amazon. I know it’s weird, but I’ve got readers in both places, I like having an ISBN number, and sometimes people ask me how to show...