All Comments on 'The Ballad of Zachery Carson Ch. 04'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Moving Nicely

Sir Gris sounds like a top horse and Lady Kathleen seems to be losing her airs of Lady. Like all Western heroes he won't press matters. She will have to take the iniative!

Billings is about the stupidest villain I have seen in years....

Sidney43Sidney43almost 11 years ago

Like the story, good characters and lots of action set in the old west. I did think the actions of the Commanchero's as written was a bit too bold, as they would more likely have tried to out flank them rather than a frontal assault. Likewise, the actions of the ranch boss offering cattle at a discount was just plain stupid given that Zach is staying in the main house and apparently a friend of the owner. Still, you are not writing a novel and the plot has to move forward, so minor issues for sure.

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959almost 11 years ago
Anti-bellum? Really?

You're a good writer. This is a nit-pick and perhaps an editing oversight.

"Anti-bellum" means "against the war." "Antebellum" means "before the war," and is often used to describe architecture as well as events in the American South prior to the Civil War (also referred to as the War Between the States, War for Southern Independence, or War of Northern Aggression <g>).

deJay_13deJay_13over 10 years ago
YES - Great story construction.

I get enjoyment also from reading the comments.

The comment regarding "dinner" and "supper" was in error. The correct order is BREAKFAST, DINNER (the large midday meal) and SUPPER.

Great writing.

Thanks

de Jay

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Ugh!

If he's trying to find out about the ranch boss stealing cattle, he's a piss poor actor!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
EGH!!!!

He shouldn't have given himself away to the range boss but should have just "gone along with him", then nailed his ass later!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Nope!

When the "offer" by the ranch boss to get the cattle to Zack, he shouldn't have said anything about talking to Astor. He gave himself away and it took away from the story.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Slight plot error methinks, but there again I'm not a writer.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

Good story and plot, but, Mr. billings is far too stupid. He didnt even ask where Zack's ranch was before offering stolen cattle which is a hanging offense.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2297 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...