The Bar Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MadQuill
MadQuill
358 Followers

"Yeah, well my dad said if I pass he'll cover the tuition so the mercenary in me says get through it. Your type of legal work might make me happy. Sure I'll work with a firm for a few years. I've got three offers now."

She clearly had done well in school, "Then keep that in mind. You'll do fine Charlie. Oh, is that short for Charlotte?"

"Yup, maybe my mom wanted a son huh?"

"I like the name, both actually."

She paused and looked at me, "I need a cigarette, bad habit and Sam hates it. Want to take some air?"

So we slipped away as Jane and Sam smiled but Sam said, "I hate that habit Charlotte!"

Once on the street she leaned against the rail and she ask me, "So do you find Jane attractive?"

I paced slowly as she lit her rolled cigarette and passed it to me. I didn't smoke. "No thanks and no. She's nice and cute but, "

She interrupted, "But this is laced, a blend of tobacco and pot. It gives me a subtle high."

I giggled, "Sure then," and took the joint.

Ten minutes later she asked a very different question. "My cousin is a transwoman and we're very close. You pass extremely well Jessie. Don't fear me spreading that about."

I winced, "Ah Charlie, ah, "

"So I guess you are?"

Her manner was so confident and I was a little high now, "Yes and wow, I haven't been read, especially by a woman in years."

"Again, I won't even tell Sam." She started back toward the bar entrance.

"Juli and I grew up together and we'd play a game when we met each others friends from school. I was better at guessing than her. She goofed up on most of my gay girlfriends. I tend to like femmes now though."

"When did you know, I meant to ask, guess about me?"

She stopped and came close, "Not at first Jessie and not until you took the cigarette. Just the way you inhaled seemed off. I like that you're comfortable around all these characters; these sexual lesbians. Girls are more than a little tough." She took my hand and lifting it kissed my fingers.

"As I said Sam is not my girlfriend quite yet. I need space and more experience and she can be a bit too butch at times."

I looked into the bar to see if her kiss had been noticed. Sam and Jane were off to the right but at the far end of the bar.

"Let's join them. I need a drink," Charlie lead and I felt fine.

Pushing through the crowd the girls turned. They'd kept an empty stool, "Charlie sit here." Sam said and she looked at my eyes, "She got you to smoke too? Now we're going to party girls!"

Sam had been drinking a specialty draft beer but now held a bottle. Jane sent an expression at us to say Sam was a little lit but she called Marie, "Let's get the drinks okay?"

Thankfully I'd eaten before arriving for we were still talking near midnight. Jane finally called it a night, "We need to get our girl home. To the door and a taxi Sam."

I followed with Charlie and she asked, "Can I have your number Jessie?"

I texted her. We were at the curb as a cab pulled up. Jane opened the door and slid in first, then pulled Sam in.

"Thanks for a great evening Jane and Charlie," I said as she moved to get in.

"I enjoyed this," Charlie said. "I speak with you soon," and her head just missed the door edge.

Jane reached over her and gave me her card, "We all had a blast Jess." Sam was asleep on her shoulder.

As I walked back to my apartment I thought of how Charlie handled my news. Her cousin's sexuality may have been why she was comfortable asking me such a question. Maybe Darra was somewhat correct. Charlie was attracted to me and she was clearly a lesbian.

My phone was on silent while I'd been out. As I rode the elevator I turned on the volume and saw a text.

'can you find time for a walk tomorrow?'

It was from Charlie. I sent the reply.

Charlie suggested that we meet at the Apple glass box at the corner of the Central Park. I'd worn my cross trainers and the weather was sort of blah so I was in lulu's and a warm top. I saw her in a similar outfit and was relieved.

We walked into the Park at Grand Army Plaza. "When did Grand Army Plaza replace Scholar's Gate?" she asked.

I looked at the stonewall and behind a food cart we found the craving for the Scholars Gate. I was a little anxious and used this quest to relax our afternoon. We walked the East Drive up to the Mall and found a bench. Charlie was easy to talk with. She wasn't hung up on meeting last night and the night ending drunken girlfriend.

"I guess you're wondering why I've asked to spend sometime Jessie."

I was just happy to have another woman who won't feel I was unacceptable, "Not at all. I needed some exercise and a friend. If Sam is bother by me I'll understand."

"She doesn't know we're out. I want to get to know you without all the other lesbian traffic and issues. The bar can unnerve me and I'm sort of over Sam. She's not the girl for me. I'm not making a pass though. I wanted to be a friend. My cousin told me when I saw her over the Holidays that is the most difficult part of her life, finding true friends."

So we spent a few hours walking the Park without an agenda. Peace.

A few weeks later Charlie and I made dinner at her place and she had been to my apartment. She and Sam had found differences and ended their relationship. Having a friend outside of my work, a female friend was new to me. I saw myself as accepted by people everywhere we went. The City became easier for me because of Charlie yet I wasn't her lover.

Her Bar exam had went well and her and several classmates met at a pub on the East-side. It was close to the Foundation and she invited me along. The place wasn't overcrowded but busy and the five women had settled at the corner near the street windows. The two guys who came along were slowly slipping into the European soccer match being broadcast.

"Oh cool, SV has made it." Charlie stood and waved to her friend.

She sat back down and quietly said to me, "She's the one I spoken about Jessie, Sherry."

I could see her moving toward our group. Several guys tried to distract her as she stepped closer. I saw that she was a few years older than Charlie and the others. She wore her blondish hair off her shoulders. When she was closer I saw the color was brunette.

Charlie had explained to me last night, "Sherry was married but it failed and she entered law school with the divorce settlement. She's an aggressive lesbian, or so she maintains. I think she could be for you Jessie."

She didn't look like a butch though. The woman was well-dressed compare to the other three girls. Her dress was actually a sexy lbd and she wore heels. Charlie poked me, "See what I mean. That's not a typical lesbian. She's killing those guys in that dress."

We shifted around and the guys came back to say hello. Chris hugged Sherry, "You look great!"

She pushed him off after the comment, "I told you Chris, I'm into girls."

Chris said, "She uses that to stop the flirting."

There was a roar and Chris looked back to the game, "Damn, that will cost me a few bucks." He returned to the bar.

Sherry sat across from me. After settling and sharing their updates she spoke with me, "Charlie's spoken very highly of your work Jessie. When did you pass the bar?"

I explained that it was seven years ago, "Seems so long ago. Now I've dated myself."

She smiled, "Nonsense, I'm thirty-one and they remind me all the time."

"Well actually we just tell you to stop treating us like girl scouts." They all laughed.

Sherry explained that she had heard from her best prospect this afternoon, "So I'm starting in two weeks!"

I decided to buy a round to celebrate. Of the six graduates only three others including Charlie had secured jobs. "The economy is coming around and soon you'll all be employed!"

Later the group had left and Charlie, Chris and I were still finishing our drinks.

Charlie saw Sherry coming back, "I've left my phone somewhere."

Chris pulled a napkin away and we saw the device, "I can lose anything," Sherry picked it up.

"We're all leaving anyway SV." Chris said. "Better to have not gotten on the train and realize it."

Once outside she decided to walk with Charlie and I south. We said goodbye to Chris, "No, no kiss this time." Sherry avoided him.

"Tease," Chris turned and headed east.

Charlie was a step ahead, "We were just saying we need something to eat. We're going to a Chinese take-out near Jessie's. Can you come along?"

Sherry smiled, "Yes, actually that was why I'd left early. I do need some food. Is it far?"

A few minutes later we arrived at my apartment with the food. I wasn't a neat nick but the place looked comfortable and Sherry commented.

"It's great to see that hard work can bring success Jessie." The view included a small part of the East River and Roosevelt Island.

I put on some light jazz and Charlie pulled the plates and set the table.

"I've got a good bottle of red." I said.

Charlie agreed as Sherry looked at my photo artwork. "Did you make all of these images?"

I poured the three glasses, "Yeah. It's a hobby."

Most were of details of the City but two were nudes.

"These are especially provocative," Sherry said pointing to them.

I looked sheepish and Charlie smiled and told her, "They're actually selfies. Jessie uses a tripod and timer to get the shot."

Both were of my body at close range but with a soft focus. Charlie was near Sherry, "She says getting the right angle of the breasts and shoulder of this one require fifteen shots."

"Well there is a lot of post work in each," I offered. "The food and wine are ready. Enough of embarrassing me."

The evening became night and the sky was clear. I suggested that we take the wine up to the roof deck. "The view from the forty-first floor is much better."

Stepping out on the deck I walked quickly to the edge and the railing. The wind was light and my hair was loose and lightly blew about.

Charlie and Sherry stayed back but I couldn't hear them due to the wind.

"She and you aren't lovers?"

Charlie looked at her, "Do you think I would have allowed you this close to her if we were?"

"She is strangely attractive. Beautiful and confident, yet soft and natural."

I turned back to them, "The rail is safe. Come and see the boats in the river."

Charlie walked the short twenty feet and Sherry came along. Charlie put her wine glass on the flat wide rail. "The glow of Brooklyn fades into the distance."

"But you can see the south edge of Long Island. Maybe forty miles?" I said.

Sherry was closer to me and I turned to look at her and smiled, "I'm glad I decided to come with Charlie this evening Sherry."

She looked into my eyes, "So am I," she was blushing. I almost kissed her. But I remembered Charlie's advice; 'let them come to you'.

Early the next afternoon I spoke with Charlie, "Jessie, Sherry wanted your number. Can I text her it?"

Near two-thirty Saturday afternoon my phone buzzed. I didn't recognize the number but would here after, "Yes?"

Sherry met me on the street in front of my building. She had gambled and jumped on the seven train. "I live in Queens Plaza with a roommate."

"Why didn't you mention that last night? We were probably looking at your building." She came close.

"Because I was nervous. Now I know Charlie and you aren't dating. I felt something when we met yesterday Jessie. I think it sounds crazy. But I'll let my heart show me what to do." She was blushing as I stepped closer.

"I want to kiss you Jessie," I was now quite close and took her fingers into my hand.

"Then what are you waiting for?"

Her lips were soft and the kiss lingered, "Now I've got to have more, but I need to share something personal," I said.

Sherry hugged me, "I think I know Jessie. Having a beautiful woman in my arms is the first step. Understanding how she became so is why we need to walk and share." She kissed me again to make it clear. Her tongue explored my soft mouth.

Later that evening I was back home. I had walked Sherry to the subway after dinner. She hadn't understood from Charlie correctly. She'd assumed that I'd had reassignment surgery.

The look on her face when I'd told her about my penis was precious.

"Somehow, at least to me, that seems better. Vaginas are great but since I've divorced I find I miss penetrative sex." Sherry gripped my hand tighter as she said this.

I did a bit of a jig as we walked hand in hand.

"What's that for?" she asked.

I smiled and stopped to kiss her now, "Having a girlfriend, another girlfriend is great. Oh, and I think you actually like me."

We had walked for miles around the City. In the Park we stopped and had a drink at the Loeb Boathouse. Afterward we headed south to Columbus Circle and then to Times Square. We'd arrived after the theater rush and got a small booth at a great Italian spot on Forty-Fourth Street.

"Let's get a bottle of a Piedmont wine okay?" Sherry seemed to know about the district.

"The Barolo please?"

As we enjoyed the wine Sherry walked me through her recent job interview process. Earlier she'd told me of the events leading to her entering Law School.

"The partners I met with were both women. There are sixteen full partners and four are women. The work will be tough over the next few years but rewarding."

As she continued I studied her eyes and how her lips and mouth moved. She spoke at a moderate pace about the new work but she was nervous. When she looked at me after five minutes she saw my look and stopped.

She reached for my hand, "This is a date you know Jessie but I wouldn't want to go too fast." She was taking charge now, "I suggest that you and I find a moment to see how this might work."

"You mean being with a transwoman or what?" I wasn't hurt but I wanted to be certain Sherry treated me as a woman. I knew she understood I could be a bit submissive already I had come too far to be misunderstood. I could feel small tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Jessie. I didn't mean it like that. No no no. I just don't want a sex romp Jessie. I need much more of you." She leaned closer across the booth table and grasped both of my hands. Her eyes were fixed on mine and I relaxed.

As I dried my eyes I said, "Okay then, let's finish our meal."

Sherry and I had met for drinks at the Village bar on the following Wednesday with Charlie and her new lover. It was tempting to ask her to stay with me that night but she had a follow-up at her new firm early the next morning. We spoke each evening we couldn't be together.

A week later on the phone she asked, "My wardrobe is in need of some attention Jessie. The firm hasn't suggested the specifics but I thought you could be of help. Can we shop together on Saturday?"

I didn't hesitate, "But we're having dinner tomorrow. Aren't you worried that I'm interfering with your other friends Sherry?"

I was hoping that she would ask me to spend Friday night with her. She had invited me to have dinner with her in Queens.

"Jessie, can you bring an overnight bag with you?" I played soft with my response.

"Well, it's only been a few weeks. Are you sure you want to sleep with me Sherry?" I wanted her and hoped she would find my body special.

She was quick to say, "Of course honey. I think we both want this and I'm excited Jessie."

I was quiet then said, "Will you let me be a woman with you?"

That surprised her, "Most certainly. What else could I want from my lover?"

I explained about my night with Darra, "I enjoyed having only girl on girl sex with her. She didn't want penetration."

Sherry interrupted me, "But I will want you Jessie. That's part of you and I want to enjoy all of you."

I was quiet and listened, "Just because I've push away men doesn't mean I won't need you to enter me. Jessie you are a woman first. I want my woman to sleep with me tomorrow, well actually all weekend. We'll explore our needs and fears together okay?"

"So you'll promise not to run away after your see me naked? See my body? I'm anxious about have another woman reject me Sherry."

She was strong when she spoke next, "I can't imagine who hurt you. You're a beautiful woman Jessie. We'll share dinner and then we'll head to my home. My roommate is out of town this weekend so we won't be bothered by anyone. Please let me love you Jessie."

The place was new and run by a chef who'd been at Luger for three years. She wanted the menu to be more comfortable for women. It wasn't only about the aged beef. The salad was great and steak portions perfect rather than large.

"I'd like to try this Bordeaux. Jessie will that be okay?" We sat side by side and the atmosphere allowed that two women could dine without an issue.

"Since you've asked me to dinner you must decide Sherry. I'm pretty certain you're better at selecting the wine than me."

Sherry was wearing a simple slip dress with thin straps across her bare shoulders. Her heels were cute floral patterned slips with a boxy heel. Her soft brunette hair was pulled back into a gentle bun. About her neck was a simple gold chain with a small diamond. I was holding her left hand.

"The brown color is cool. I've never done that nail tone but it looks great." My fingers were covered in a simple pearl white but the length was short compared to Sherry's. They matched my soft white shift dress with a crochet yoke. I'd worn pantyhose since I'd change at the Foundation.

"So tomorrow we shop, starting in the Village at Darling. Then we'll make our way to Bloomie's?" She had considered the variables.

"Sounds like a good plan. Remember that attorneys may not handle anything to flouncy though."

She smiled, "Yeah, the partners were both in power suits but they had style. Susan could actually have come off of the set of a 'The Good Wife'.

I smiled at this, "Don't be surprised but I want to take you to the Brooks store. Their women's store is pretty good."

After dinner we walked the short two blocks to her building. I held my bag and my purse as she kissed me just outside the doors. Her tongue was soft and yet in control.

"I love how you taste Jessie. Let's get inside though."

As she exited the elevator she paused again and kissed me, "I really want this Jessie. I want you to be with me." She turned and opened the door.

It was a simple place with two small bedrooms and a closet scaled bath. It was clean and tidy. Her female roommate was from the southwest and had hung several prints of desert scenes.

"Tanya is out of town. She studies at Fordham. Just to be clear, we are not lovers Jessie. She is a lesbian but is pretty butch and a big girl. She may weight one eighty?" She showed me a picture of a small group, "Can you guess?"

"The one on the left?"

"Yep, Tanya likes Carhartt jackets."

I turned toward her and she dropped the picture. Her hands came to my hip as she moved close and our foreheads touched. Her breathe was with mine as we kissed lightly. I enjoyed her subtle control of this special moment as Sherry's hand played about my bottom cheeks.

I felt her fingers of the other hand find the zip and the soft sound announced that our evening was about to get special. She slipped the dress from my shoulders as well as my chemise and the garments fell to the floor. Her kiss became more urgent as my arms held her and our breasts were touching through the fabric of our bras.

"May I look at you Jessie?" as she released the back hooks and the band eased the pressure about my chest.

I step back a bit as I pulled the straps off of my shoulders.

"This is me Sherry."

My breasts were the result of surgery three years past. The little mounds that my hormones caused to grow just weren't sufficient. I'd spent most of my bonus on the Sientra breast augmentation and now Sherry's fingers on my breasts made the memory worth it.

She giggled, "Their quite something Jessie." She moved the spaghetti straps off of her shoulders and the loose dress fell exposing her body. She was naked and I stepped to kiss her small breasts.

MadQuill
MadQuill
358 Followers