The Beat Pt. 04

Story Info
Is she a gay woman, or just confused?
6k words
4.77
3.1k
7

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/18/2023
Created 10/09/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Arking
Arking
352 Followers

There is a crossover with some popular characters from another of my stories.

The continuing story of Mary Houghton a married middle-aged woman and the exploration of her sexuality.

How she copes with finding her true self, and how she deals with her husband and children.

How she finally accepts who she really is.

There is no underage sex as per Lit policy and guidelines.

This is an original work of fiction by the author, and nobody is real.

Please leave a comment and a rating, preferably a nice comment and a good rating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary stood there uncertain of her feelings. This was a new feeling inside of her. She put it down to the intense orgasm she had just enjoyed with this pretty, young, vibrant woman. Beth held out her hand and wiggled her fingers at her as if to say 'grab my hand', which Mary did.

Elizabeth smiled as they held hands and they walked slowly back towards the rear entrance of the Mylk Bar. Beth squeezed Mary's hand and pulled her closer to her. They were literally walking shoulder to shoulder. As they approached the back door, Beth stopped, looked deeply into Mary's eyes and kissed her passionately. Moaning as she pushed her bosoms into Mary, she grabbed her backside and squeezed her cheeks. Then told her "Good lord, woman I could fuck you again." They stopped and looked at each other. Only then they noticed an old Asian woman staring at them from two doors down, she shook her head but smiled at them and waved.

Mary smiled and then looked back at Beth and returned her passionate kiss, "Who's going to stop you," she answered with a bit of a giggle.

"Why don't you come back to my place, then I will show you how much more fun I can be." She told her.

Mary shook her head. "I have to get home to the family, I have 3 kids and a husband to take care of. But your offer is rather tempting, maybe another time."

Elizabeth told hold of her hands and held them in front of her, kissed her fingers, a sad look in her eyes. "What are you doing on Friday night?" She asked Mary.

"Beth, I can't come out at night too many questions get asked and I won't lie," Mary told her.

Beth started to swing her hands between them. "Pretty please, just one night, you won't have to lie, you can tell your hubby you are going to visit a dear friend who is feeling low."

"That sounds like a line from an old Eagles song," Mary told her.

"Huh, what?" came the reply.

"Beth, my husband knows all my friends and will want to come too, so no babe, I'm sorry but no." Mary stood her ground.

Elizabeth leaned in again and kissed her.

"OK, you know your situation best."

It was then they heard someone clear their throat in the shadows inside the Mylk Bar, "talk about dragging it out." Erica said.

"Sorry I took so long Mary, do you still want to have a tour of that old building?" Erica continued. "My business partner is here and wants to have another look through it. You can come to Beth." Erica stated in her normal direct tone.

"Sure, as long as we won't get in the way," Mary asked.

"Oi, you. You just knocked me back for some sexy time together but you are ok about looking at some dreary old building." Beth stated.

Mary smiled at her, "I have a feeling your sexy time will stretch out to more time than I have available, whereas for the building tour, I can leave in an hour or so or when I need to." Mary quipped.

Elizabeth smiled back, "You could be right there. About needing more than an hour."

They heard a toot of a car horn as two vehicles turned into the alleyway, they all turned to see the car and the big Ford Ranger slowly drive towards them.

"This will be Kathleen Ambrose," said Erica. She said it like everyone should know who she was.

Evie came up and stood next to Elizabeth and Mary, smiling at them both, with a guilty grin on her face. Mary looked at her and then at Beth. Who also had a quizzical grin on her face as well to match Evie's.

"What is it with you two, you are both grinning like bloody Cheshire cats," Mary told them.

Kathleen Ambrose came up to Erica and hugged her, the type you give old friends when all you are doing is saying hello, without saying a word. Then held her arms open towards Evie and hugged her, "you are looking as cute as always darling," she told Evie as they were joined by another young woman.

"Hi, Michelle," Evie called out as she ran to her and hugged her, kissing her on her cheeks. Erica waved to her. As three other women approached.

Kathleen introduced the three other women, talking to Erica she said, "Erica, meet my great niece Emily and her wife Mia. And this is Erica Reynolds, my architect."

They all shook hands. Nodded and smiled all around at each other as Erica Marsden introduced her two guests. "This is a very dear new friend of the Mylk Bar, Mary Houghton and this is Elizabeth Higgins also a dear friend and also a long-time client of the Mylk Bar. I offered to show them the building we may be purchasing, so thought they could tag along with us all. And that very impish creature over there fondling your fiancée is my wife Evie."

"Well," said Kathleen, "It looks like we are getting very close to achieving our goal Erica sweetheart. I got word this morning that they are ready to negotiate on the price. The 3.7 mil seems to be the number they want and I think I can convince the family to spend it. Put aside a conservative 750 for the reno's and with luck, we can have it ready before Christmas."

Erica's eyes lit up, "that sounds fucking marvellous, remember 50/50 Kathy and I guess that is why you brought the whole tribe down here?"

Kathleen smiled, "I have my reasons, Mia will be the project manager and Emily the interior designer while my Erica," pointing to the architect of the same name, "will be doing all the drawings."

"You are that confident then?" asked the Mylk Bar owner.

She turned to face Erica again, "I am very confident and you know what I am like once I set my heart and mind on something." She told her.

"Yes, that I do," she replied. "Speaking of which, have you two set a date yet?"

"Not yet, things always keep popping up, like this project."

"Why don't you let Michele arrange it," She replied.

Kathleen smiled at her friend "so you want the whole ceremony done in French do you?" Kathleen answered. They both laughed.

"I see your point."

They all walked up the steps towards the double doors as Erica took out a set of keys after trying two she found the one that fitted the lock and opened the doors.

The old building had a musky smell about it. It had been empty for a long while. Kathleen took centre stage and explained the building.

Grabbing the architect by the hand she told her "It is seven floors, all pretty much identical, once I get the final word, I want you to start work on it immediately. I will let you three go about what you need to do." Talking directly to her team.

Then reaching out for Michelle she took her by the hand and they started to wander around the building, exploring nooks and crannies and out-of-the-way places, Beth took hold of Mary's hand, an innocent but decisive decision, which felt right for them both. Erica smiled at them and walked with her arm wrapped around Evie. They were whispering to each other and little Evie nodded enthusiastically.

Kathleen led them up a set of stairs that wrapped around two elevators servicing the seven floors. Each floor was basically a large empty room. When they arrived at the top floor they looked out of the grubby and grimy windows, the old building was overshadowed by the modern high-rise office blocks. All glass and shimmering metal.

Erica asked Kathleen and Michelle if they had any ideas as to how they were going to set the building up as an exclusive club.

"Are you planning on duplicating the OWLs Club?" She asked them.

"No I don't think so, well not in the décor but the business side of things has proven it does work." They replied almost in unison.

Michelle turned to Mary and Beth, then resting her two hands on her right hip she eyed them for the first time. "What do ze ladies think?"

Kathleen and Erica turned to face the girls and waited. The two girls didn't know what to say.

Mary spoke first, "I have no idea what this Owls club is so can't compare it with anything, but what are you thinking of doing here?" She asked.

Beth just squeezed her hand.

Kathleen told them that the concept was plain and simple, it would be a place where women could come and be themselves without being judged or preyed upon or leered at by men on the prowl. There would be simple lounges where they could just sit and talk, places they could wine and dine with friends, and places where they could, if they chose to, play with their partners.

She then turned to Erica and told her to bring them down to the OWLs Club one day to show them what it was.

Elizabeth slowly drew a finger slowly across Mary's palm, while they were all talking, Mary slowly turned her head towards her new friend and as her eyes opened wider a smile broke out on her face as she mouthed the words silently to her, 'oh my god, stop baby'.

Michelle hugged Kathleen's arm and cried out with glee, "Oh Look Mistress, I think Mary is having a moment." As they all smiled and blushed.

They waited for the elevator to take them back down to the ground floor, Mary took a deep breath and as tried as she might, couldn't bring herself to let go of Beth's hand.

Once in the lift, Kathleen commented to everyone, "I could have sworn you two were sisters or at least related in some way. Both have amazing red curly hair, green eyes, pale skin and those cute freckles."

Mary blushed once again and dropped her head in embarrassment, then in a strong tone declared that they were in no way related. Erica patted her on the arm and then told her it was a compliment.

Arrangements were made to meet the following day in Port Adelaide at the OWLS Club.

Mary arrived first and pulled into an empty car park in front of a wine bar called Korked. As she sat in her car, she wondered what on earth was she doing. She was reasonably happily married, loved her kids and contented to a degree with her husband, Paul. Sure they had their ups and downs, but he was a good man, a wonderful father and a caring partner. So why was she hanging out with a group of gay women? She wasn't gay. Well, she didn't think she was. Sure she found their company engaging, but there was no way she could ever leave her family, good grief what would her mother say.? Don't be so silly, she told herself, just be polite and no more holding hands with Beth, definitely no more kissing or letting her 'do things' to you. Act your age woman, she told herself, for the thousandth time since yesterday.

Just think what it would do to Paul and the kids if they found out. Wasn't last night great, he excelled himself in bed, and you felt satisfied, she explained to herself yet again. She rested her head on the steering wheel. Closed her eyes, and wondered, what to do.

The tapping on the window startled her. She sat bolt upright and looked at the young woman tapping on her window, she pushed the button and the window opened.

"Are you all right?" The stranger asked.

"Yes, thank you, I was just collecting my thoughts. Thank you for asking." Mary replied. She took a deep breath, blinked a few times to let her eyes adjust, smiled at the woman and closed her window, she then got out of the car.

The stranger walked off and into the building with a large number 7 attached to the door. She watched the young woman's backside all the way until she disappeared up the steps into the building called The OWLS Club. Well, that is where she was going she thought.

She checked her phone and realised she was twenty minutes earlier than the appointed meeting time. She looked at the wine bar and saw it was open, then thought, 'why not', 11 am isn't too early in the day for a glass of wine, maybe they do coffee, she wondered.

She read the sign above the door. 'Leave all of your prejudices here and collected them on your way out.' And thought, what a lovely sentiment.

He walked in and the first thing she notices was the atmosphere, even though there were only 3 people in there, all seated at the same table, she felt a cosy warmth to the place. As she took a few steps into the surroundings, she looked around at the fittings and took in the many photos of famous people, all with the same pretty woman. Mick Jagger, Paul Mc Cartney, Mick Fleetwood. She looked at the Olympic Gold medal and the inscription. Impressive she thought to herself.

She approached the bar and a voice from the table spoke to her.

"Hello, Mary." She turned to face the voice and Kathleen Ambrose rose from the table and held her hand out to her as she approached her. They shook hands. "Come join us, we're only having coffee but I am sure Swifty here could pour you a wine if you asked nicely."

Mary smiled at everyone as Kathleen did the introductions, "This is Ashley Swift and her wife Ellie, they own the place. This is Mary, sorry I have forgotten your surname."

"Hi," she answered, "I'm Mary Houghton." They all shook hands, it was then that Mary noticed the cute smaller woman call Ellie was the woman in the photos.

She turned to Ellie and asked, "Is that your gold medal as well." Ellie smiled as she nodded.

"Yes," She replied proudly, "1984 Loa Angeles Judo."

It was Ashley who spoke next, "Oh my god, do you know what you've done by mentioning that?"

Mary looked surprised and wide-eyed at Ashley and nervously answered, "No"

"I will have to put up with how she took on the whole world and won the damn thing, she won't stop until she falls asleep tonight and then she'll dream about it and kick the daylights out of me." They all laughed.

Ellie stood up and gently slapped her wife on the arm and told her to behave, "You love my stories Ash, so stop your carrying on," then turned to Mary, 'Don't listen to her and how do you want your coffee, Mary?"

"White thanks, Ellie." Came the reply.

Kathleen pointed to a chair and held it open for her while she sat down. Mary smiled back at her and said "thank you"

Once they were all seated, Ashley asked how she knew Kathleen, "We met yesterday through a mutual friend."

Ashley nodded, and told her, "Your friend has good taste in the company she keeps," As she patted Mary's hand. Mary blushed.

Kathleen shook her head as Ellie returned with a mug of coffee, she placed the sugar bowl in front of her, and Mary smiled and mouthed the words 'thank you'.

They spoke to each other as they finished their coffees each sharing a little bit about their plans for the day. Just a soft casual conversation friends might have while passing the time of day.

Kathleen Ambrose finished her coffee and suggested that she escort Mary into the OWLS Club, Mary nodded, finished the last of her coffee and then said their farewells to Ashley and Ellie.

Kathleen opened the door and allowed Mary to go first up the steps into the club, where she was greeted by a well-presented and cordial concierge, dressed in a three-piece suit, and a slim black tie, the name tag she was wearing had Natasha embossed in gold. She smiled and stood to one side when Kathleen appeared from behind Mary.

"Hello Natasha, are my guests here yet?" She asked.

Natasha answered immediately that they were waiting in the restaurant and handed her some messages and guided Mary to the guest book to sign in, she did so.

Kathleen placed a hand on the small of Mary's back and guided her up the grand staircase to the dining room, which was, as usual, booked out.

The maître d' greeted them and took them to the corner of the dining room, which had been set aside for them and had screens placed around their table to give them the privacy they wanted.

Once seated Kathleen welcomed everyone and asked if everyone was ok with her ordering for everyone, they all nodded, and she spoke to the maître d' smiled and called the wine waitress over, speaking to her briefly she hurried away to get their wine.

Looking at Elizabeth and Mary she asked, "What do you think of the place?"

They looked at each other and agreed that it was a very impressive club, Elizabeth went on and told them "if I had known it was going to be this posh, I would have dressed for it." Everyone smiled and laughed.

"No need to dress up at the OWLS Club, this is a place for us women to be ourselves," she told them all.

Mary was seated next to Elizabeth and had Emily on her other side and during the meal, Em asked about her family. Mary explained that she had two daughters, a son, and a husband.

Emily looked at her with sad eyes, rested her hand on her arm and smiled, it was a weak smile, one that said, 'I understand'.

They ate their meals and continued to chat, it was a relaxed atmosphere. Elizabeth tried to rest her hand on Mary's thigh but the look she received told her it was unwelcomed. Beth was torn between being angry and being hurt.

During dessert, Emily turned to Mary and asked where she lived. "Henley Beach" Mary replied.

Emily was suddenly enthused, "do you know a Sally Houghton by chance? She is an art student at Uni."

At that precise moment, Emily caught the look on Mia's face and the very slight shake of her head, as if to say 'sssshhhh'.

Mary stopped and answered, "Yes, my daughter's name is Sally." And she asked how she knew her.

Emily was about to tell the whole truth, that they met in the Lesbian Workshop that Sally was organising and part of, but after seeing her wife looking at her, she fibbed and just said she was an acquaintance in their design classes.

Kathleen called for coffee and addressed everyone. "This club was just a dream a couple of years ago, now here we are in a safe place for all women. But each of us must find our own place as we continue our lives." She turned to Mary and Elizabeth, "please feel free to use our facilities for the rest of the day. Soon a new adventure awaits us in the city of churches."

She called for Michelle to join her as they left. Elizabeth turned to Mary and looked into her eyes. "Let's find a bar and have a chat shall we?"

Emily who was listening in, suggested they go and sit outside, and the girls will bring you anything you want. And she told them to go back the way they came in and instead of going down the staircase, they go through the glass doors and go from there.

The sun deck as it was known, had a large spa, with a couple of ladies bathing in there, and down one side was a row of brightly coloured change rooms, the type you see on some beach promenades

They found some sun lounges and a waitress approached and asked what they would like to drink. They ordered some soft drinks and laid down enjoying the warmth in the winter sun.

Elizabeth started, "You need to tell me what is going through your mind, Mary. One day you let me take you in a back alley and I must say it was rather 'hot' to say the least. Then the next day you won't even let me hold your hand in a very openly gay place with a group of friends all of whom happen to be gay." She said to her, trying hard not to sound too agitated.

Mary just lay there not saying a word, collecting her thoughts.

The waitress returned with their drinks and informed them that as guests of the club, they should just present this card, which she put on the table next to their drinks to gain access to all areas. She smiled at them and left.

Elizabeth turned towards Mary and asked, "Well?"

Mary faced her and in her direct way told Beth how she felt. "Sweetie, I don't know you, we only met yesterday, remember, yes, I enjoyed what happened and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it to happen again and again. I do find you very attractive, but I am not a gay woman, I am a married woman, who just happens to enjoy the company of other women. I am not looking to fall in love, good grief, nothing could be further from the truth. I love my husband and my family. OK so maybe I do enjoy a little bit of fun with other women but not men, so it isn't being unfaithful, is it?" she said as if trying to convince herself.

Arking
Arking
352 Followers
12