All Comments on 'The Beauty and the Fisherman'

by Just_John1

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Naw

Great story...shitty ending!

Thanks for the let down...geez.

Signed:

A Treat

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 5 years ago
Great stuff - thank you.

A wonderful tale.

Must read more of your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well, you had me until the last two paragraphs.

Loved the story, until you killed John off at the last of the story. To each his own, but I prefer happy endings. Thanks for your efforts!

burningloveburningloveover 5 years ago
Never Saw It Coming

The title says it all. Very good story - well developed and written.

Five stars.

BurningLove

TerrytheTravelerTerrytheTravelerover 5 years ago
Me three!

I loved the story too, and, was shocked with you dicking away our hero. Bummer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done

Well Done..

Form an old salty captain.... (on the gulf in tx)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5*

The story was 5* but the ending sucked. Oh well.

JayDiverJayDiverover 5 years ago
Four letter words

Life is one. All the happy forever after's ended someplace, sometime. None of us will come out winning in that four letter word, life. Part of what we have to realize is that love and romance can be all the sweeter because of its fragility.

Loved the story and I'm glad to see your back writing. I don't know if the story had any mistakes or typos in it. Because I was to involved reading the story to notice.

The only happy ending we can hope for is for that four letter word life. To end still full of love, togetherness and honesty. 5's Thanks

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
Almost Pretty Woman in reverse

Until the end. So much for 'happily ever after'.

A sweet romance, well written, and most readable.

I liked it.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Life and Love

Beautiful!

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 5 years ago
Gifted

You are a gifted writer and I like your style. It's a real pity you have so many stories here which leave us dangling without an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ending

I am not surprised so many comment about the ending. In a way it is not that the ending is sad which causes a problem but more a feeling that you didn't care about the ending. The story had all the care in the pace and wording and description but the end felt like a few words tacked on after you lost interest just so you could pack it away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beautiful Story!

I agree the author is very talented! I enjoyed this story very much, and appreciated the detail and emotion surrounding these distinctly individual characters. Thanks for a smart, romantic, sexy and entertaining story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Expected ending!

Seemed like a Nicholas Sparks novel, somebody had to die in the end and it was a fitting ending!

Well done!

frazodfrazodover 5 years ago

I agree the ending was abrupt. They made up (why?). Guy died, oh well.

Not too fond of the last page or so. Abby was self-absorbed, and frankly didn't deserve John. He met her more than half way and then she pissed on it. I didn't see the reconciliation happening.

Sigh, I liked John and his friends. Abby not so much...Jenny not at all.

Man, I really wanted to love this story....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nothing for 12 years?

were you in prison, or a bad marriage. loved the new work

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lovely Imagery

I agree with the other comments! The story was thick with imagery. A little too much "I love you" in the beginning especially with such a dramatic shift in her character. Did she need to be that rich? And the last two pages fell into romance mode not worthy of the rest of it. Thank you for sharing!! Great work in the making.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Why the stupid ending?

Sorry, but that was a bit weak. A sta ndard romance cannot be improved with dying at the e nd. Hell I cannot even fathom why people flocked to see Romeo and Juliet, or that other one with the boat that sank. That one spoiled a good song brought out by t he canadian girl, who always reminded me of a mate's wife.

Ending lost 2 stars.

Never could work out why he called himself an engineer, all he did was build houses.

Grimm1267Grimm1267over 4 years ago
Loved the story but......

This was a great story, but killing John off to end it was just wrong.....Thanks, for your efforts though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Yeah, Bummer Ending

Very nice story even if it was just total fantasy. But I enjoyed it right up until the end. It’s a writer’s prerogative, of course, to end his story any way he wants to, but I just can’t believe that a nice romance story that ends with a disaster, as this one did, is going to attract many new fans. I know I’ll have to think twice before I bother with any more stories by this author. But I would still give this one four stars.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 3 years ago
Great Story But

Loved the story right up until you went all Nicholas Sparks on us. I still gave you 5 stars but please don't do that again 😆

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 3 years ago
How to turn a 5 into a 1

You had an amazing storyline going and then you started to rush it at the end and made people like Abby act completely out of character when she suddenly attacked John after he saved her. Then no contact for months and in 10 seconds they are good to go? That's some pretty poor writing. It's almost like one person started writing the story and then someone else finished it.

Also, you made the strong John character into a little whining bitch that runs away whenever something gets tough or complicated??? Any man that lives thru his wife of many years dying isn't that thinned skinned and acts like a baby.

And then killed him off at the end??? If anything you should have had them both disappear at sea. Actually, a better more elaborate ending was needed. You did what many weak authors do and disrespected your readers by slapping together a one paragraph ending.

This was a very disappointing story that could have been so much better not to mention the ability to make sequels dealing with her ending of her Hollywood career.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Great tale however the end was a bit rushed. Stuck betwixt a 4 and a 5. As I am in a good mood, a 5 it is.

Thx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

5/5 until the last paragraph then a horrible shock ending. 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Nice one

It was great, although the ending was a bit speedy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I truly loved your story. I'm not sure but I don't think Abby would have thrown him under the bus like that. Especially knowing a forehand exactly how uncomfortable he was with the whole Hollywood scene. She made a tremendous sacrifice going there with her and was her job to protect him from those animals and she failed. He did not feel protector. Waiting 10 months for them to get back together I'll be sure to been out a whole lot sooner to fix the relationship

. I think that I think that time g I think that time gap breaking your story a little bit. It was a bit rushed And I was rather saddened to hear a very good story and tragically For 2 characters I had become rather enchanted with. Those small things aside I thought this was a wonderful story really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved all but the fact you felt the need to kill him off. No introducing his kids to here, no growing older together, just a tragedy that was unnecessary. Everything wrapped up too quickly with no ambiguity. 4/5

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Great story, didn’t love the ending but it’s yours to write, five stars, thanks

ShhnickyShhnickyabout 2 years ago

Brilliant. Bloody neat, wholesome

Dirty_MikeDirty_Mikealmost 2 years ago

I agree with a lot of the comments I have read but the broader point within the story that I really enjoyed is that an average guy had something going that an "elite" member of society desired. Average guys and gals out there every day are getting trick-fucked just showing up to work by people who believe they are superior because their circumstances allowed for a higher position in life. Most "elite" members of society couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the sole, checking their oil, changing their battery, fixing a tire, changing a fuse or flipping a breaker. Their way of life depends on the good average folks. Glad to see a fairly average guy having a good life, envied and desired by an "elite" for being real and having real emotions. Average folk are not just there to be stepped on by those who believe they are better! Now I will admit that stupid people make stupid choices, effecting their socio-economic status, but that is another matter entirely.

I'll get off my soap box now. 5*

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I've looked at this story and gone from front to back every time. Love it completely. Could have added more about their third try at happiness. But all in all, I loved it. 5/5

robdh51robdh5112 months ago

Loved the writing, hated the ending. Would have given a 5 but for the unnecessary of John at the end.

KootenayVinceKootenayVince10 months ago

Great till the last two paragraphs.

Totally unnecessary way to end the story.

01Timber6701Timber676 months ago

Was a 5⭐️ story until John left CA, then it went down hill from there. It took off faster when John was taken out of the picture at the end. Then it became a 3⭐️ story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous