The Beauty and the Fisherman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"During the summer I have Bob, on the Down Deep, and there's Jimmy, he runs the Reel Hot, a couple other guys. In the winter... Don't do much other than work."

"Do you date, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Nah, who would want this used up old man?"

"I can think of one or two people that might be interested..." Abby said softly. She stood and leaned on John's chair, her hand on the back, her leg rubbing gently against his.

"Abby, what are you doing?" John looked up at her as she bent slightly.

"I was going to kiss you John." She pulled back a little, less than confident.

"Abby, I'm really starting to like you, and.. umm... I'm too old to have my heart broken. I... I can't do this. I can't be a play toy for the day. I'm sorry."

A reel started to scream and Abby jumped back. John got up and grabbed the rod from the holder and set the hook. Abby was looking out back and saw the fish jump clearly out of the water. It was long, skinny and curved. She watched as it walked on its tail across the surface of the water. She watched John's arms bulge, the muscles of his back rippling as the fish dove back into the water.

"Here Abby take this!" John held the rod out and Abby took it. Again, John wrapped the belt around her waist, pulling the straps to tighten the harness. "Pull with your back then crank down on him. It's not a race, be patient, let him wear himself out. Let the rod do the work, keep it bent. If he jumps again, crank like crazy, keep the line tight."

Abby followed his instructions, she tried as hard as she knew how but the fish was more than she could handle. "John. Please, he wins I... I... Can't."

John grabbed the rod and cranked. "Go to the edge, look at the water, it's the most beautiful fish you'll ever see."

At first it was just a flash in the water, then as John pulled it closer and closer to the boat it started to take shape. A long narrow body, with a beautiful proud fin, greenish, some brown tones, with white stripes. Flashes of blue, it floated slowly behind the boat.

"Should I get the gaff?"

"We don't keep those. Can you hold the rod?" She took the rod from him and held it. She heard him rustling behind her.

"Look at me..." he took a cell phone picture of her with the rod in her hand and the fish on the surface, crossing behind the boat, then reached out and grabbed the line pulling the fish up to the side of the boat.

She watched the fish sit next to the boat, it seemed as if the fish was looking at John as he reached down and pulled the hook from the fish's bill.

It took one more look, splashed both of them with its tail and was gone, a shiny flash returning to the depths.

"So now you've caught a Tuna and a White Marlin. All in all... a good day!"

Abby put the rod down and walked over to John, put her arms around his neck and pulled him toward her. Their lips met softly, she nibbled a little on his lower lip and groaned. "John, this is the most amazing day I've ever had. Not the most posh, but definitely the most relaxing, wonderful exciting day I've ever had. I don't want this to be a flash in the pan, not just a one-day fling. When are you going home? I mean... are you going to be in OC for a while? Can I see you again?"

"Abby, you're 20 years younger than me, or more, I don't know... You're beautiful, you're special... I haven't felt these feelings in a really long time." She watched as he frowned. "I do know that I'm too old to have a broken heart. You would get bored of me, and I'd know what it was like to be with someone I like, and I would miss it. I'm already gonna miss it."

"John we'd never know if we don't try, and by the way, you look pretty good for a 65 year old."

"I'm not 65!" Abby watched the dawning taking place, "Wait... There's no way you're 45."

"I can get my drivers' license if you want. How old are you anyway?"

"I'm 55."

"See we've whittled it down to 10 years in just a couple of minutes... Think what we can do with a couple of days... Besides what's an age? just a number."

"I don't even know your last name."

Abby was afraid to tell him her last name, afraid he'd recognize her, start to treat her like everyone else did, but she'd avoided it as long as she could. "My last name is..."

The reel started to scream. She jumped up as John adjusted the throttle. Just as she was taught she set the hook, then kept the line tight. John slid the belt around her waist and she set the rod into it, looking up just as the fish jumped clear of the water. Another rod started to scream and John grabbed it pulling as she reeled hers slowly.

John got his fish to the boat a little faster. Holding the rod with one hand he scooped the gaff over the side and the fish was flopping on the deck. John set the rod in the holder and watched as Abby fought the fish, slowly gaining line, the fish got to the side of the boat. "Hold it there, just keep the line tight and look."

The fish in the water had a flat forehead, and flashed metallic greens, blues and yellows. "Keep it in the water."

John took a smaller rod out of the rod holders up on the hard top, grabbed a small piece of bait and dropped it into the water. In a matter of moments, a flash appeared and his rod began to bend. John held the fish, then grabbed the gaff and first pulled Abby's fish out of the water then his.

"What the fuck is that?"

"That's a dolphin."

"That's not a fucking dolphin John!"

"Not a flipper dolphin, it's a Mahi Mahi dolphin. They are beautiful, and very tasty but I get so sad seeing them once they die."

"It is so beautiful! The colors are so vibrant!"

"They fade to Yellow when they die. It's so sad to see them lose all of their color." He slid them into the same compartment which held their two Tuna.

"They were flashing so bright!"

"That was a distress signal. They school around each other when that happens, and if there's bait in the water they'll bite it. As long as you keep a fish in the water you can catch as many as you want."

"So, why'd you pull the fish out of the water? Why didn't you catch more?"

"Can't eat much more than the fish we have on board so why catch them?"

Abby moved over close to John and reached out to put her arm around John's neck. "You're the one that's special John, not me." Her lips brushed his softly, her body meshing to his.

"Misty Sea, Misty Sea, Down Deep Calling."

"What's up Bob?"

"Saw your rods bent, what's up"

"Two tuna and three dolphin in the box, and a catch and release on a white. How about you."

"Definitely owe you big time, we found the break and there's a grass line up here. We're four for five on yellow fin, and six dolphin. Haven't seen a white though."

"Sounds like we both had a good day. I'm about to head for the Barn. Cook out on the Down Deep tonight?"

"You got it. I owe you big time with the tip. See ya back there!"

John went about pulling the rods, Abby watching every step. John was meticulous about how he wrapped everything, using rubber bands to secure bait rigs. Once all the rods were put in their rod holders, John walked up to the helm and Abby settled into the lounge on the passenger side of the boat.

"John, I need to tell you something... we keep getting interrupted."

"Hmmm, doesn't sound like I'm going to like this much. Husband waiting for you at the dock? Boyfriend that's going to be pissed I took his squeeze fishing?"

"No, no significant other, no girlfriend either... you skipped that one." She smiled that cat like smile that only women can smile, that never touches her eyes.

"So, what's the deal?"

"My last name is List..."

"Abby List, has a nice ring to it. Should I know you?"

Abby started listing off names of movies.

"You're that Abby List? Obviously beautiful, but rich and famous too... Huh!"

"You really didn't know, did you?"

"Don't go to the movies much. Not a lot of fun alone. Shit." John turned his head and looked forward, his eyes surveying the distant horizon. "Guess that's the thousand yard stare everyone talks about" Abby thought. She had to recover from this.

"It's not like it's a disease ya know" but it was lost as John advanced the throttles and Abby felt the raw power as the boat surged forward, lifting out of the water. "Be better if it was..." John said quietly and unheard over the roar of the engines.

Abby saw the shore start to pop up over the horizon a while later, the buildings of Ocean City, the roller coaster at the end of the boardwalk. Slowly it came into focus and Abby's mood soured as shore moved closer. As they entered through the breakwater of the inlet, John pulled back on the throttles and the boat settled back into the water.

"John, please, don't let the day end like this." Her voice plaintive over the soft rumble of the engines.

"Abby, don't you see? We're just too different. A boat like this is pocket change for you, for me it was a dream of a lifetime. Spending time on this... it's what relaxes me, was something I was proud of. I would struggle to take you out on it again. My dinky little row boat."

"John, this is the most amazing boat in the world to me, just because it's yours, it's part of you."

"I feel foolish."

"John please..." a tear rolled down her cheek. She finally found the guy that gave her butterflies in her stomach, that she longed just to touch, to smell, the scent of his sweat turned her knees to jello and he wouldn't even look at her.

John backed in to his slip expertly hitting a little forward throttle at just the right moment to keep the stern off the dock. John threw a line to a guy standing there watching them.

"Hey Jimmy, how'd your day go?"

"Not as well as yours. Heard you and Bob on the radio. Caught a couple sea bass late in the day at the rockpile on the way back. Never even had a knock down at the canyons."

John opened the cooler and pulled first the tuna and then the dolphin out of the box and laid them out on the deck. They were a dull yellow and Abby thought they looked like her day. Vibrant, full of color and zest, now flat and lifeless. She thought she would never eat Mahi Mahi again without feeling sad.

"Bob said cookout on the Down Deep. I just have to clean dinner. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you come."

"Love to but I gotta run home. Wife's waiting."

"Don't you live in Rehoboth?"

"Yeah, you know that."

"Can you give my friend a ride?"

"Who's your friend?"

"Abby List."

"No shit! Really?"

Abby stood up. "Hi."

"You're better looking than you are in the movies! Hi, I'm Jim and I would love to give you a ride." The pun went right over his head.

"I was hoping to stay here with John a little while. Maybe tomorrow?"

"I'll be down for a while tomorrow, too rough to go out, but I have some fixin' to do. Tomorrow's a date. I'll come let you know a half hour before we leave ok?"

"Sounds good thanks."

John didn't say a word during the exchange and still wouldn't look at Abby. He turned and went down into the cabin.

When she stepped down the couple of steps into the cabin John asked her, "what are you doing Abby? We're too different." His voice a little cold and distant.

"I know we're different John, I'm a girl and you're a boy. I thought that's how it's supposed to work."

He smiled just a little, he tried not to, but did anyway. "I could never live in your circle, shit I don't even own a tie bought in this decade, let alone a suit. I'm just a glorified construction worker that likes to fish. We have nothing in common."

"I would never ask you to wear a suit. I like the way you are now."

"But you have red carpets and stuff, movie star shit."

"It doesn't matter John, I'm so tired of that world. Everyone wants something from me. I don't have a friend like Bob or Jimmy. People that would do things for you because you ask, or just because they can help, not because they think they're going to get a tip, or money or something. You showed me things because you like me, at least I thought you did. They are a part of you, just like this boat. You become a part of it. I don't know how much it cost you and don't really care. I could buy a hundred boats but none of them would be as nice as this one because this one has you on it, in it. Bigger, smaller, wouldn't matter because it's not yours."

Tears were steadily running down her cheeks. She had never felt so lonely before and knew she would feel just as lonely in a room full of people. "John can I stay with you? For a while, please? Can I be your girl for at least a little while? Please?"

"Abby, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, your eyes melt my knees. I had more fun with you on the water today than I've ever had in my life. Watching you see everything for the first time was like seeing it for the first time again myself. I feel like a teenager, like I should hang upside down from a tree and make monkey noises just to make you laugh. The hurt I felt when I figured out you're... you... was... I don't know... If we hang out together I'm just going to keep liking you more and more and then when you leave, which you inevitably will, it will hurt just so much more. I don't know if I can handle it."

"John, don't make me leave and you won't have to hurt." She said softly, almost a whisper.

"You can't pretend not to be who you are Abby. You're hiding, your office doesn't even know where you are. I won't be your secret. The kept man."

"No, I can't hide, I will have to deal with it eventually. And no, you won't be my secret. I don't want anyone to take you away from me. Maybe if they know you're with me, maybe that will keep some of the woman at bay."

"You won't have to worry about that. I'm just a washed up old man." John smiled and Abby felt relief that maybe he wasn't going to send her away.

"John you're not old."

"Ok maybe middle aged, but still washed up."

Abby stepped over to John and ran her arm around his neck making him bend a little so she could kiss him. "John, can we just accept now and worry about next week next week. If we work together we can get through it."

"God Abby, I don't know if I can take it if you hurt me. I know we just met yesterday, but we fit together so well. I'm feeling things..."

"Like what John?"

"Like things I haven't felt since my wife... like being with someone that accepts me for me, that I can just forget everything else but her..."

"I'm feeling those same things John, but I have no experience... I've never felt like this before, never known anyone like you, never been able to be me with anyone before." She felt so vulnerable, like she was standing naked before him and smiled at the thought. 'where did that come from?' she thought pausing briefly.

"Where are those broom thingys to wash the boat? Every good boat has a good mate, and the mate cleans the ship. Can I be your mate?" She laughed a full belly laugh of joy and relief when he raised his eyebrow and smiled at her. She had never felt this way before. She couldn't believe he liked her for her, not for what she had, or who she was. He liked her for her.

They sat in a low beach chair in the cockpit of the Down Deep, Abby on Johns' lap, his arms wrapped loosely around her, and listened to the fishing stories as the evening turned to night. The sunset was almost as beautiful as the sun rise was and as the sun dipped, subtle recessed lighting took over in the cockpit of the 50' boat. Most of the fishing stories were funny, the rough sea stories were terrifying and laying back against John was the most comfortable, safe feeling she'd ever felt. They accepted her as Abby the person, not the movie star. No one asked for anything, or tried to impress her.

John had fileted the fish in a matter of minutes, his strokes sure and confident. There wasn't much meat on the bones when he was finished. It was a practiced art and John explained what he was doing as he went through it. He taught her, as an equal, not trying to impress, not talking down to her, just purely educational. She had never met anyone that could pull that off. Dinner was fantastic, some locally grown corn, browned on the grill alongside the fish made the perfect compliment.

"John, I'm getting tired babe. Can we go to bed?"

"Sure, it's getting late."

"Abby, it was a pleasure getting to know you a bit. When you get tired of bouncing around on John's little toy boat you can always go out with me." Bob said.

"Faster and Smarter Bob. My boat will always be faster and I'll always be smarter than you." John laughed at the good-hearted ribbing. Abby had come to the understanding that they could say the meanest things to each other and just laugh them off, but you had to be part of the tribe to get away with it. They were fiercely loyal to each other. She realized she had never had a friendship that could compare.

"John, I don't want to be alone tonight. Can we sleep in the same bed?"

"Uhh, sure... I guess. Let me make some adjustments." He pulled the table off the stand. Pulled the post from under the table and set the table into the gap between the cushions. Reaching up and pulling a cushion out of the cupboard, sliding it into place the entire front of the boat was converted into a massive bed.

"Abby are you sure?"

"Yes, John I am." She took the sheets out of his arms. "This is my job, babe." John stood in uncomfortable silence as she made the bed and then pulled the covers down. She reached for the hem of her T shirt but John stopped her.

"Please let me... I've been wanting to... do this ... You are so beautiful!" He looked at her with an intensity that she felt down below, like he was reading her, studying her, looking into her soul. She was at once intensely uncomfortable and at the same time as aroused as she had ever felt. She was used to men looking at her like they wanted to fuck her, to rip her clothes off, but John looked at her like she was a priceless work of art. She could see his hunger, but could also sense his nervousness. It was the ultimate aphrodisiac.

He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her into him in a tight embrace. "Hmmmm. You feel nice." She felt so small in his arms, so good, so perfect. She nuzzled into his neck, smelling the manly smell, the soap from his shower.

"God, you are beautiful babe." His hand slid down her back holding her tight to him. She put her hands on his chest, feeling the firmness of his muscles, she tilted her hips forward increasing the amount of her body pressed against him. She felt his manhood press against her.

"Take me John, god please take me."

"All in due time sweetheart. I want to savor you a while."

She felt the goosebumps rise on her arms wondering what 'savoring' was going to feel like. Her shirt slid up and she raised her arms letting it slide up and over her head. Her hair cascading back down over her shoulders, like a silk waterfall as it escaped the confines of her shirt, John dropped it to the floor. He released the front catch of her bra and slid the straps over her shoulders, her breasts jiggling with a slight sag as the pressure released, nipples standing out proudly, her hands to her side giving herself to his inspection, as he stepped back a half a step.

She felt more on display than she ever had in any of her movies, the audience appreciation noticeable on John's face. A slight smile...

"What?" she asked.

"You are perfect... so beautiful." He kissed her, pulling her bottom lip between his he sucked gently, nibbling her chin, her ear lobe, the side of her neck, her collar bone.

"John, please... please... I need to lay down before I fall..." her knees having the strength of a puppets without the strings, he lay her back onto the padding of the front berth gently, his lips tracing down her body as she slid down. His tongue circled her nipple, she strained not to arch her back but to force contact with her hard nubbin, she groaned as the tongue skipped the crest, tasting the sweat between her breasts, the saltiness nothing short of delicious, as he teased her other breast. "Please... Please..."