All Comments on 'The Bed of Roses: DGH'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wow! first to comment on a DG Story

Absolutely a great read. I hope the other authors stories are as good a read as this one. I think it is one of your best. It held my interest all the way through.

An avid reader of quality stories

poirot515poirot515over 17 years ago
Splendid!

You did a excellent job! I am in tears after reading your story. It punched the right buttons, just like your other story Hero's Reward. Great job!

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Sentimental Journey

A very good story and excellent read AND a happy ending, too. Really enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You did it again

I have only one complaint. It was too short. But maybe that's another story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great story

Very emotional story. I am an old Kentuckian and I don't get too emotional. But this story touched my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I really liked "the sweet and sassy" young Rose.

You did a great job of defining the characters and making them interesting.

I'm always a sucker for a great romance.

Nice job, DG

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well done.

A well written beautiful story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Blue Grass Boy

DG,I have read most all of the other "Rose"stories and while I liked them all,I have to say as a ridge-runner myself,Isure enjoyed your the most.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
of the 3-4

i've read, DG, yours was the most uplifting, with the least vulgarity

(yours was the only one, if i remember correctly, where the hero did not have sex with Rose, I believe)

it also was the one that ended with the most hope: for grandpa and Rosie, who was only a few years younger than he, when they first met when her mother, Rose, took the lanky and hungry young man in and taught him self-respect and trust, in a whore house!!!

excellent job!

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Loved it!

DG,

Once again you have produced a well written story that strikes a chord with all, especially those who have country roots. I now live in the state where my Dad was raised, 2100 miles form where I grew up. So yes, this one hits close again. Thanks for another winner.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Fantastic DG story

I can only say "WOW" and Thank You again.

PT

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
Superb!!

Thanks DG for an exceptionally well-written story - one of your best. It really had me hooked all the way through. This one pulled hard at the heartstrings of this 'old man'! Really the kind of happy ending I look for and love. I hope the other authors' stories are as good a read as this one.

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Good story

I liked it quite a lot.

It's the first in the 'series' I bothered to read. From some comments, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead...

Thanks for a good read.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Another great DGH story

Thanks another interesting story that I think caught the sense of the times very well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you for writing this story

I am a 61 year old man and I am glad that I was able to read this story in private, because I would have had difficulty explaining to anyone why I cried so hard. Thank you, Thank you!

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I consider myself to be a hardened, somewhat cynical, old man.

I teared up some during the funeral, could not help it. I guess I am turning into a hopeless romantic. There are worse things. Thank you for writing.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Yeah another old fart here -

Who teared up reading this piece of - well excellent prose.

Yeah I have read a couple of the other versions and all started so similarly and I liked them all but this was special -

Thank you

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
no surprise

a bit of a fluff story but a beautiful one. Few authors consistently write such heartfelt stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WELL DONE!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, ENGERY, AND WRITING TALENT. AN ENJOYBLE TALE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another good one

Wow,what a great story.I loved every bit if it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love your stories

I love most of your stories and like the rest. However, I think you write the song based stories the best

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story, as always! Jimmy needs to put a ring on Rose's finger and babes in her womb.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm not sure how I missed this story till now, maybe I confused it with jack straws tale of the near same name. They both share a similar story line and both are equally touching yet are remarkable in their own right. Thank you DG.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn, forgot one thing. There is an older woman here in the apartments where I live who's name is Rose. Her daughter brings extra foods from her garden to share and one day I asked what her name was, it was also Rose!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another masterpiece. Outstanding plot and story-line. Heart warming and so tender. 2.5 rating scales of 5* each, end-to-end.

BJ

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Very

A very good story.

SackettheartSackettheart2 months ago

Just a great heartfelt story with all the right background story to bring it together. I would have liked a longer ending of when they moved back, but that's only because I didn't want the story to end. This touched me touched Mr and made me eyes tear thinking of my grandfather who lived many years as a boy in a brothel in New Mexico. He always told me how to treat women and not judge them but to treat them like a lady and not judge their past or what others think of them. Allow each new person you meet be a new beginning for them or you. No matter what people think of them if they act and conduct themselves like a lady or a gentleman with you treat them as such because they may be looking for that one person to give them a chance. The greatest part of this story that brought it home for me.was he said never forget to stop and small the roses and if you see a woman who looks like she might need it give her a compliment and make her your rose for the day.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...