All Comments on 'The Beginning Ch. 03-07'

by FantasyStoryLover

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Welcome back!

It's nice to see you continue this story. Hope you finish it this time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

I was so happy to see you come back to this story! I hope that you enjoy writing it as much as I enjoy reading it!

Charlie

FantasyStoryLoverFantasyStoryLoverover 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you, Charlie and Anon. It's nice to know that you enjoy reading this story. I do enjoy writing it, but life sometimes gets in the way. My aim for this year is to finish the first book! Here's hoping I'm successful!

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Better and better!

Looking forward to more with great interest!

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 4 years ago
Yeah this won’t get finished and the author can’t add up 1+1

So this huge huger than ever only possible by magic tree is 80m tall and 50m diameter.

No just no just no fucking way even with or especially with magic. The errors is that.

1- the tallest trees are 116m tall so your supposedly fantastically tall tree is actually just a baby.

2- 50m diameter, so that’s across. That’s way more, 25% more, than half the tree height. Have you seen a real tree? They are slender for their height. It’s whats they are all about and based on max height for resources spent so they can get to the sun. So tall and skinny is the go and 80m x 50m is not skinny but plain old fat fat fat.

3- the lesson. Look I’m a reader involved in the story so I know what you meant to say. However when I read the crap bit I come to a grinding halt and have to deduce what you meant. Ruins the flow. DONT USE NUMBERS unless absolutely necessary. This is a story written with words that convey ideas, this is not maths written with numbers that convey cold hard very specific facts.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 4 years ago
4 years between chapters... just fuck off and delete the lot.

Yeah your type of incomplete stories, performance issues and the like is what ruins sites like this.

Get a story plan, writhe the story, get an editorial feedback from an editor as you Go and not from readers. When the story is done then spell check and grammar check it and release.

Half this site and others is just littered with incomplete stories. I mean incomplete for more than 6 months and longer. When I questioned stories on line I was told that 70% of the stories read were incomplete so they couldn’t delete them. Really, maybe the reader was duped into clicking and reading and not knowing the story is incomplete. Yeah I’d say that one.

So just fuck off looser.

FantasyStoryLoverFantasyStoryLoverover 4 years agoAuthor
Seriously? Are you a botanist or something?

@Jackspeed2u:

First off, hi. Thanks for reading the story. While I appreciate the time you've taken to expand my knowledge on trees, I'd like to ask you to shove that right where the sun don't shine and fuck right off. But hey, let's break this down, shall we?

1. The Great Tree was tall from the protagonist's point of view and experience. To him, that's the tallest tree he's ever seen. Since you seem incapable of grasping the concept of a POV story, here it is in even simpler words: Are there taller trees in the world? Sure, yeah. Has Chris, our protagonist, ever seen them? No. Conclusion? The Great Tree was the tallest tree he'd ever seen.

2. The width of the tree is meant to be fantastical. It's a whole plot point that goes deeper than you'd imagine, but hey, let's jump to conclusions right at the very beginning, shall we?

3. I really hope you're a botanist, cause if not, you're probably one of those people who are so dissatisfied with their own lives that they need to google up facts to prove others wrong and assert their superiority. Well, superiority asserted. Nobody, literally nobody is asking you to read this story. Don't like it? Don't read it. As stated above, fuck right off.

4. Maybe you ought to use a "spellcheck and grammar check" for that comment, cause man, you really need one!

5. I love how you jump to conclusions (yet again! Notice a theme here, anybody?) without knowing why I took a hiatus from writing or even how serious I am about picking this back up. The next few chapters are almost done and will be up in a few days. But yes, please, do continue to tell me to "fuck off looser". Just a quick question though, if you don't mind: Looser than what, exactly?

kyotie913kyotie913about 4 years ago
@Jackspeed2u:Get a Life

Or better yet get Coronavirus. At least Fantasystorylover is willing to share their talent. As far as @Jackspeed2ue goes they only show that they are a know it all BULLY with no life. So do the other readers a favor @Jackspeed2u keep your worthless probably untalented opinion to yourself. You probably haven't written anything worth reading in your complete life. Fantasystorylover I am new to your story but will continue to read your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Jackshit should just fuck off and die

Apologies to the author who has to put up with such vile and baseless comments from idiots like Mr. (Ms?) Jackshit. A great many of us do appreciate the efforts authors like FSL go to to craft an interesting story - please don't let the cretins like Jackshit put you off from doing more.

Definitely enjoying the tale. Thanks!

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago
Fantastic Read*****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Jack is also math challenged

50m is not 75% of 116m. It is not even half the height of the tree. Why is this fool even reading this fantasy tale?

Enjoying your story to this point and looking forward to binging the rest.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFantasyStoryLover@FantasyStoryLover
I'm sorry to say that moving forward, patrons will be the only ones with full access to chapters. Like any author, my hope with writing was to one day be published. Unfortunately, I have recently learned that posting more than 15% of a book online, to a public forum, automatic...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES