The Best Way to Get Over Someone...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On Monday she shot me a text, slightly flirty and friendly, but told me that she was a tiny bit sore but looking forward to our next get together. On Tuesday, I ran into Kaylee again, although I couldn't have cared less, and was able to be somewhat normal to her. Around 11am, I got a call from Rebecca.

"Hey!" I answered.

"Hey yourself," she purred. "I have a weird question, and it might sound...um, creepy perhaps, but I have to ask."

"Sure, go ahead I guess?"

"Do you work at a 24-Hour Fitness that's kind of in front of the art plaza and fountain installation, next to a Chase building?"

"Yeah, I do. How did you know that?"

"Because I work at the PG & E building across from your gym, and I thought I saw your little car." I drove a decade old BWM I'd picked up from a divorce sale that stuck out due to the almost fluorescent shade of greenish-yellow it was painted.

"Damn, that's funny. I never put two and two together here, I guess."

"Me either. I knew you were a trainer, but I had no idea you were so close by." She paused for a moment, then asked "What are you doing for lunch?"

"Oh, uh, nothing. I brought something, but no plans. I have a little window for a couple hours until my next client."

"Hmm, interesting. Why don't you walk over? I have something I want to show you."

I agreed, and the something turned out to be a decommissioned yoga room they had never finished redoing. It turns out the Director of HR--her--had keys to just about everything, and after we made out for a few moments, she quickly hiked her skirt up and grabbed her ankles as I plunged into her from behind. She finished me off in her mouth, but there was to be no encore since she was getting messages from one of her employees about an issue she needed to look at. Instead, she just came by my place that night and fucked me three more times. I was dragging ass at work the next day, and had to sneak in a quick nap before bartending.

Chuck noticed me a bit slower than normal, but didn't really say anything, instead seeing what he could do to help and expedite for the busy night. The poker tournament went longer than normal, but once it calmed down, it started to get a little more sane.

Rebecca had hung out a little later than normal, but came over and closed out, inquiring sweetly if I would have any energy left after my shift. I assured her I would, and as it happened I had a later start the next day. I surreptitiously snuck her my key, and she promised to be ready for fun when I got home.

Things absolutely died by 1am, so Chuck went around to the two tables of patrons and one guy at the bar, and apologetically told them we were closing early. One of them gave him some backtalk, but he told him he didn't give a shit, and the dude quickly gave up and stomped out. He wasted no time locking the door and flicking off the sign after him.

As we ran through the till count, I asked him why he'd closed up early.

"It's fucking dead, screw it,"

"Yeah, but we might have had a little last hour rush," I countered, as it had happened before.

"Yeah, but I have no patience for it tonight. Besides, I reckon you want to get home and get laid."

My head snapped up. He was grinning like an idiot. "Was it that obvious?" I asked.

"It was to me. But then again, I know her, and I know you."

"Okay."

"Hey, look, enjoy it. You have that awkward look you get when you're worried or need to take a shit. Don't be awkward. It's good, really"

"Uh, okay, I don't know what to say."

"Rebecca is a woman who may or may not settle down again one day. But right now, she's loving her life and figuring out who she is." He stopped counting, and he had a philosophical, serious look I wasn't used to seeing in him. "I know where she is because I not only heard it from her, I went through the same thing myself. It's a hard one. Your heart ripped out, your identity changing overnight from being in a couple to being by yourself. But now, she's taking life as it comes and enjoying the moment. I don't know what man will capture her heart again. But she's willing to put herself out there, enjoy life, find pleasure, and feel the emotions. It's called putting yourself back out there. And it's also what you're doing right now."

"Huh. Interesting take."

"Hey, there's wisdom beneath this charming and handsome exterior," he said with a guffaw." I shook my head, and we quickly finished up the last stacks, writing down on the till sheets.

"Besides, she and I were never going to last. She's a fair bit younger than me, and I'm an old, codgy guy. I don't want to live with a woman again, and only want a small amount of them in my life."

"That's fair. But honestly, I don't know if she and I are meant for something long term either," I countered.

"It doesn't matter. Seriously. The point is it's what you both needed right now."

"I guess," I replied as I printed off the credit card report and began entering the numbers on his sheets.

"No guess. How's the chemistry with you two?"

"How so?"

"Good conversations?"

"Yeah, it seems to flow pretty easy."

"What about the feelings when you two touch."

"Great, actually. She's very tactile, and I like it."

"Okay. So finally, what about the sex?"

"Fucking fantastic. Like far and away the best I've ever had. And great for her, too."

He smiled at me genuinely. "Then stop questioning it. It's good for this moment now. You don't have to have a guarantee to last forever. Just enjoy the now. A week ago you were still hung up on that young hardbodied bimbo. Don't get me wrong she was sweet, and she was drop dead gorgeous, but besides that, I don't see the appeal."

"Yeah, I know she wasn't the brightest."

"No, I'm sorry to say this, but she's pretty damn dumb. Lovely girl, but I've met Labradors with more common sense. But I get it. Despite that, it was a significant relationship for you, and you were hurting. You needed to move on. And that's the best way to get over someone."

"What's that," I asked.

"Get under somebody else," he replied, laughing. I shook my head, handing him the till reports.

"Hey, listen. We're pretty much cleaned up already. Money's done, and I can take out the last bit of trash. Why don't you take off. She's probably waiting for you, and I want you to be able to get laid again tonight. So go have some fun, my man."

"I'm so not going to argue with that," I replied, reaching behind the bar to grab my pullover.

"Have a good night, kid. I'll see ya Friday."

I waved at him as I walked out the side door to my car, sending her a text that I was on my way.

I had barely started my car before I got a few emojis in reply, along with a message that said "Drive safe, but get here soon. I'm dripping wet in anticipation." I put the car in drive and took off.