All Comments on 'The Big C'

by CharlieB4

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I Should Have Passed

I read this story two, maybe three years ago and enjoyed it for what it was, a well written story about a horrible subject. Then I went through that wringer starting 13 months ago, and my wife died seven months later. It is, in fact, just a stone cold bitch of an experience. Thanks for the story, Charlie, I don’t know how anyone could describe the gut-wrenching horror of it all any better.

Dee

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This story still makes me cry

Even after reading over 5 time's I still weep. I felt the pain for jack, sandy and Allen. I had to get a biopsy done on my cervix a few year's ago. It was the most scariest experience of my life. All I could think about was I was going die. My husband and I hadn't had children yet and I saw all our Hope's and dreams vanishing. I was so afraid how my husband, my mom, sister, brother would survive without me?. Waiting for the results had me crying off and on. Lucky for me it was benign. But it made me paranoid. Every little pain or weirdness I'm making a dr's appt. This was in 2015. I get an ultrasound with my pap smears along with blood work yearly now. I wish to good they find a cure for cancer. This story made me cry because I understood Jack, I felt his pain. I somewhat understood Sandy's pain. I didn't like her sleeping with Alan. I don't like how she seemed to just moved on so quickly with Alan. I'm not sure I would've been able to if it was my husband. I've been with him since I was 19. No way I'd be able to accept he's gone and moved on so quickly. Alan took 3 yrs. That I understood.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Absolutely beautiful story! You warned me at the start and I pressed on as I found myself openly crying as Jack passed. It brought back many memories of something similar in my life. Thank you for the escape! 5*

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Great story

This is one of the really great stories that I can't read often. Losing my mother, and a sister to cancer makes this too painful for me.

SlamnukeSlamnukealmost 3 years ago

Story was great until you made the couple swingers, made the wife a hole who loves getting pounded in gangbangs, and then had her say “I have needs too.” Lost all interest in the story after that and the emotional impact of the story immediately died. If a man can stay celibate then a woman can too, there is no excuse for this kind of behavior while someone is dying. This story basically confirms every man’s fear that as soon as he can’t perform then his wife will step out on him. She showed so much sympathy taking Allan’s dick. Yeah I can see it was such a sacrifice for her. Meanwhile Allan remained faithful to the end to his spouse like you know, an actual good person would do. If you need sex that badly then fucking masturbate, how is this complicated?

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Excellent story and sad too, my wife was gradually loosing life in our bed. She had been unconscious for two weeks. I was checking on her in the evening and she opened her eyes with a great big smile looking at me and said: "I love you", then she closed her eyes and passed away laying next to me early in the morning the next day. It was a sad day and still is over two years later. One of our daughters came out help the last two months and it was good for wife having one of the kids around. There was no way I would have put her a hospital to die. This story brought all that back. I don't think I could ever be with another woman as I'm pushing 80 and I have my memories and she is sitting here right next to me in her recliner. Well written and thank you.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

Poignant story, well told.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Good story. Good read

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 2 years ago

Hm, I'm sure I read a very very similar story here. To be honest this other story seemed more emotional to me than this one. But still a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding and very enjoyable. 5 star for sure

Ocker53Ocker53about 2 years ago

A really good story, I enjoyed it immensely and I think it’s close to reality ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

CriosCriosabout 2 years ago

Terrific story!

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

Have re-read this story several times. It is, IMHO, one of the absolute best stories on Lit. Full of emotion: joy, pain, despair, rebirth. The author obviously has some experience dealing with The Big C. Either that or he's a helluva researcher. Would give it ten stars if I could.

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

5* A difficult story to read without my eyes getting moist. I'm not sure that I believe how it unfolds BUT it is your world, your people and, as they are well-written, I accept them as they are. The more graphic sex at the end jars a bit with the overall style of the story but Jack's concern for Sandy's needs and happiness feels very real. He opens the conversation with Allan understandably tentatively - it would be a difficult one to have. I can understand why he found her absence that morning more difficult when he had been "happy" with it when she had been with him when he woke. Your writing of the slow and steady build up of the tension of Jack's decline works extremely well for me; you catch the hopes and the sadness. This is so well-written, thank you posting it.

waltdeewaltdeeover 1 year ago

Not what I was expecting but poignant and well-written. I hope none of that was autobiographical.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Amazing story. Well written, deep, interesting, no crappy characters. Even a bittersweetish happy end (as much as could be had with one of the characters dying of C). Wish I could give this 10 stars. Thank you!

DazzyDDazzyDabout 1 year ago

5 stars. This is in my elite class….INATE GOODNESS WON FOR A CHANGE!!!

DazzyD

Just_WordsJust_Words6 months ago

This really is a lovely and very honest story. 5*****!

NoBullAlNoBullAl3 months ago

Very good story!! Don’t know how close to home it is but the depth of feeling overall seemed truly heartfelt!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story, well written. Heartfelt.

NallusNallus19 days ago

A very different story for loving wives but very moving in a familiar love way. I have to add to the high rating.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCharlieB4@CharlieB4
Just an amateur scribbler who allows others to experience his daydreams. G’day If you are going through my catalogue you will find a wide range of themes so some you might like, others you will hate. Update. After a flurry of recent activity life has intervened so writing t...