All Comments on 'The Big C'

by CharlieB4

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Grand

This was a wonderful and very meaningful effort. This is a story that will stick with me. Thank you! buffalohawk

DragonFistingDragonFistingalmost 10 years ago
understandable

Hm, tough situation. I guess, most wouldn't know until it happens to them. If I were dying, I would want the wife to find someone else to help blunt the pain, and fall in love with. They would still need to live their own life. My journey may be over, but theirs is still ongoing, and a journey is easier with companions.

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 10 years ago
Really Intense and Very Good

That was emotional, well written and very intense.

patilliepatilliealmost 10 years ago
Really good

Very nice, didnt want to read the whole thing in one sitting as I had to get to work, but here I am two hours late!

Really touched me emotionally, you are a good writer and I thank you for your efforts. I also feel bad you had to lose someone to cancer, or how else would you be able to pen this tale?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 10 years ago
That was an emotional,

well written story. There are times when a woman can love more than one man without being considered a slut. There are times when a man can have sex with his friend's wife without being a miserable bastard. They just don't come along very often. This was very well done.

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 10 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing.

SpacemansaysSpacemansaysalmost 10 years ago
good story!

I loved how you described scenes and each of the trinity were completely fleshed out characters. Your views on life were also quite refreshing. I just hope your next story doesn't leave me teary eyed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A Whore and an Asshole

I consider this Sandy character a whore and Allan an asshole. Even though she knew that it was only a matter of time before Jack passed away, she forced him to hand her over to Allan and then rubbed his (Jack's) nose in it by not even returning to their bed! She could not decently wait for Jack to die before getting her cunt pounded; and Allan was a spineless conniving pimp who could not get any woman spread for him after his wife's demise; so he patiently conspires to seduce a dying man's wife and so 'magnanimously' 'accepts' to fuck her. After the act Jack should have cut off from them, even should've applied for divorce and gone to some serene place to die in dignity. He should even have willed so that Sandy and her paramour could not even go near his body.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Superb.

I also wonder where some of the knowledge of your story came from; it is way too close to real, but at the same time, that is your business. I have enough experience to empathize, but at the same time this comment is not for my therapy.

Just to say I am BTB, and heavy on the side of faithfulness. However, there was no cheating slut here. All there was, was love, friendship, sensitivity and understanding.

Some of it obviously outside normal boundaries, and some of it did cause testing of the friendship, even jealousy and insecurity, which would have been Jack's prerogative, but he was a better man than that and pushed past it.

I hope I would be like Jack in his situation, and help the one I loved the most, live on. He really was doing his job as a good husband, despite his own troubles.

As for Allan, he walked a very thin line, but in the end he was the person they both needed him to be, so especially with his own experiences, and with the fact that he never ever intended anything but to support them, even I understand that it was a hard spot he was in when it came to being with Sandy. It may have been that NOT bedding her was the poorer way to support both Jack and Sandy, and by going with it, it meant that Sandy found a new life, with a true friend, in whom she and Jack could truly trust, when all is said and done.

Well done, from a BTB die-hard. This is excellent work. Even story structure and syntax were well above the norm for LW.

It goes without saying, doesn't it... but just so you know, 5 big stars and a lot of admiration from me.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 10 years ago
A very well told story.....

For those of us who have dealt with a loved one with a terminal illness, I thought you treated it very accurately. Facing the death and loss can be terrifying to family and friends equally. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
nine and a half years my wife fought breast then bone cancer

I have lived this story that ended recently for me except I am old and have no replacement for my wife. raising two teens alone is a wild ride

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Author has witnessed death

It was my job for many years to care for the elderly and support family during those terrible final days. The author describes this to perfection. He obviously lived through this with someone he loved. A touching story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
1* bec Sandy was a whore... she couldn't wait for jack to die

And that is the ugly truth... Sandy just wanted to open her legs and she hurt Jack when she CHOSE to spend the entire night with her lover. Plain and simple... No decency. No love. No faithfulness. No honesty . And they both didn't allow jack his dignity... And now a bastard seed to top it off!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

the wife did seem kind of selfish... your husband is dying and all you can think about are your urges? She really couldnt wait to have sex with another man until he died?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
True to life

In January I went through this with my wife and your description of realities and treatments were right on target. We had ups and downs, encouragement, false hopes, and at the end 3 days before she lapsed into a coma, she rallied and we started talking how it must have been working (the cures) chemo, radiation, pills, pumps and all. That day she started talking about cleaning the bedroom upstairs and airing out the house. That night she went to the hospital and two days later died.

All the details are so traumatic I had a very hard time finishing the story. In my case there is no beautiful savior and 8 months later I have not come to grips with the loss. Mourning is not something to suffer through, it is a definite need to come back to enjoying life.

green117green117almost 10 years ago
It seems very realistic...

The character of Jack was a bit thin, which may have been due to POV as well as distancing so that the romance was more center stage... but something as a scene to show an essential nobility of Jack might have been useful to help motivate his decision to spare his wife all of the agonies of his passing. He was the one to decide that it was okay that the protagonist get involved with his wife, not the protagonist and not the wife.

And so - while the story needed to have the POV that it did, I think the dramatic center should have moved more to Jack and his decision.

Very good story nevertheless...

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
OK.....

Was it a gut wrenching story, lovingly delivered? Yes. Did it tug on more than just a few heartstrings? Yes. Was there enough sympathy and empathy involved for the reader to make a connection to the characters? Yes. Did you give the reader something to think about? Yes. So, did you achieve your goals? Yes.

As for voting, I'll give you 5 stars, if for no other reason than this is clearly your most ambitious and successful effort (to date) shared here in the LW forum. It also shows evolution in your writing, with deep character development and more than just a touch of controversy. Strong work, and well done!

That might be it, but as a commenter, I also would share something to make others think. I suppose that as long as there has been the institution of marriage (and perhaps even before), there has always been the need for one spouse to move on, when the other has expired. Although expressed differently throughout the varied cultures, the similarity of what follows the death, is best defined as a period of mourning. I imagine that the purpose of this period of mourning has a societal import to help guard against implications of inappropriate behaviors. One might call this into question as "do we really care what others think?"

However, I think the GREATER purpose of this period of mourning is one of respect shown for the dead. A time to pay tribute to the memory of the departed, with honor and dignity. If this presents as a sacrifice of happiness for the survivor, then this sacrifice is repayment for a marriage well lived, healthy, and hopefully one with few regrets.

I, as a commenter, have no wish to call into question the motivations of the characters in your well crafted story, although some have and others definitely will. But I humbly submit to you, that IF your story has firmly viewed detractors, it is that the "requisite" period of mourning was intentionally left absent from your story, and in fact, that absence is the plotline's very hook. (Side note: I feel that grief management IS different from mourning the loss.) Across the board, in every culture, death is a subject that can not be experienced without intense emotions. If you ruffle a few feathers whilst challenging conventions, you can't be surprised when you are not successful in swaying opinions universally.

Perhaps something more to think about? Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Terrific!

This was a remarkable story. I think many of the negative comments I just read were from people who are clueless. Situations like this are overwhelming, and having that little bit of diversion between the two of them made them both realistic, and reasonable. I loved all three of the main characters, liked their development (all three of them!) over the course of the story, and I especially liked the way the story played out. You have a talent for writing! Keep up the great work!!!

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
what a broad range of emotions.

heart wrenching, tough, and caring.

Anyone who has lived through a life ending period with a loved one knows how raw and close to the surface your feelings are. If you haven't experienced hospice you just don't know and shouldn't judge.

This is a very well told story hitting all the marks.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Re Anon "Whore and Asshole"

You are assuming facts not in evidence.

Nowhere is it indicated that "she forced him to hand her over to Allan."

As for rubbing it in, the first couple of times she DID return to their bedROOM (not bed, as they were already in separate beds). ONE time she fell asleep and didn't make it back in time.

"Allan was a spineless conniving pimp who could not get any woman spread for him after his wife's demise" Again, nowhere is it said that he COULDN'T get a woman, just that he hadn't. And unless you're psychic and are reading the author's mind, there is no sign of any seduction, if anything he is dumbstruck by Jack's request.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 10 years ago
Tough but incredible story

It should be noted that the negative comments came from anon posters,who generally bomb stories and hide,so I wouldn't give them much credence,the one liberal on fox news must have been on...

As far as the requisite mourning period,or the propriety of it,that is always up to those involved.The old biddies who claim you have to mourn a year are just repesting what other old biddies tell them.Some people tell you you have to sit around and gnash your teeth,in New Orleans it turns from somber to a celebration.Sandy,Allan and Jack were human beings dealing with a terrible situation as best they could,and if Jack took comfort in Sandy having some solace,that was his way.When my mom died my siblings and I were full of dark humor about the godaweful process of arranging the funeral a bevausend such,which was fitting she would enjoy that,and if some self righteos type didn't like it they can piss off,not their place to judge.Compared to the sludge usual on here,different and refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A lot of emotion

Well done putting tough emotions into words

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Fantastic

Great story. Lots of emotions involved.

Keep up the good work.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 10 years ago
Great story and premise for this genre a Loving Wife she was...

Really enjoyed the story and writing. Jack, got by with a little from his friends and faithful wife. What's not to like.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 10 years ago
Now after reading the comments....

I think some actually read CharlieB4' story. I could tell some did not or cannot read and comprehend.

x

rjordanrjordanalmost 10 years ago
Voice of experience

I'd be willing to bet you have been through this in some form or another. Everyone will. My wife was terminally ill for 4 years, then thankfully received a rare transplant that we didn't think was possible. For the next 10 years we lived day to day. Mostly good days, but the anti-rejection drugs cause horrendous mood swings. There are daily reminders that you are both on borrowed time. The drugs are so powerful (one was warfarin--rat poison, others destructive steroids), that they eventually destroy the body, joint by joint, organ by organ. The mind is stressed even more.

Everyone is different, but all of the character reactions were very real. Sandy's plea for Allan to just help her forget all this shit for just a few minutes is particularly real. That wasn't the reaction of a selfish horny woman. It was the reaction of a highly stressed, fragile human being, not knowing if she can take even one more day of this shit.

Excellent treatment of a not very fun subject.

VanadornVanadornalmost 10 years ago

First class and well written tale. Thank you for writing it and doing so with aplomb.

-V

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow what a story

Well written a class by itself, you made my day. Thank you for that great read.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Well written and poignant story

Ditto what HDK said. In addition, I did not see the ending coming - very nice twist there. Well done.

AussiPeteAussiPetealmost 10 years ago
Disappointed with ending...

I loved the story right up to the point where Sandy drove up with the trailer. From there on it was typical literotica but it didn't resolve anything and it didn't do what came before justice. How are Jacks family going to react to the pregnancy?

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you.

Thanks for the comments, not only the good but the critical. It takes all sorts to make a world and it would be really boring if we all thought the same.

This is a sensitive topic and I was nervous about posting the story. I've been heartened by the feedback saying I got the balance right.

oshawoshawalmost 10 years ago

Congratulations on your excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
my 2nd Anon comment to this story...

Look I loved the story.....great writing yes but I hated Sandy's character. She felt entitlement to help herself to another man. In fact SHE made her husband feel guilty that she wasn't getting any. SHE wanted Allan. She ensured that she got him. Also just go back and read, seems as though Sandy really got off off other men. In their early days she went the whole night with different men (read the swinging part). So good old Sandy was a whore from early on in her marriage. Sandy's character is suspect and her yearning for sex made this beautiful story cheap and immoral. The pregnancy in the end was the straw that broke the camels back. Now Everyone will know that she was fucking the so called friend while her husband was dying. Does she deserve love after her husband's death. Yes by all means. No one is disputing this. Yes we all have different mourning periods and how we handle sickness and death but blatant disrespect of a dying spouse/partner was uncalled for. Oh the pregnancy in the end was a betrayal of the husband. (NOTE she was pregnant while her husband was alive!!!!! And this is unforgivable) BTW-Instead of always sh1tting on Anon comments perhaps people should just mind their own business- whether I am Anon or not doesn't matter. My views are my views and I CHOOSE to remain Anon. Stop bullying Anon's comments. We are not afraid of you.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Very good....

Very good story. Thank you

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Nuance

Characters

Drama

Emotions

Moral Murkiness

And a little side of dirty sex

What more could you want from a story? (Ignore the man screaming about a

Mustang)

Perhaps a touch dry, but I enjoyed the hell out of this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Breathless

A sign of a good (sad) story is that slightly breathless feeling at the end.

I've been to Oz many times and have always found the character and humour of the people to be somewhat 'larger than life' - always optimistic.

Every character in this story is 'true to form' and in my view I wouldn't change a word let alone a coma!

All I can say is 'good on ya sport'... let's be having more of the same.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Excellent Tale

As we get old we all face these either one of us may go first, but neither has the line in the sand. Many cases have both people in the situation become terribly depressed, and historically this has led to suicides and so called double suicides.

This story is almost pleasant in contrast.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 10 years ago
Great story

Really enjoyed this. Five stars.

FrankjrBauerFrankjrBaueralmost 10 years ago
A very emotional story

especially for me. My wife died from breast cancer seven years ago after she fought the Big C for five years. I had a little trouble reading your great story with tears in my eyes, but don't be worried about me. I can very well deal with the death of my wife after such a long time. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to enjoy your story.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

MicknTrixieMicknTrixiealmost 10 years ago

Very well written. Outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I liked this a lot

I'm dealing with cancer myself, the ending of my 20 year marriage, and the budding of what may become a new (no doubt my final) relationship. The parts of this story that involved Jack's diagnosis, treatments, and finally his death all feel fine to me and cause me to hope that my choices remain numerous and happy even wrapped in the pain that often accompanies the dying process. I am grateful for the story and its expansion of my awareness of available choices. Many thanks to the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Mighty Story!

Almost perfect in its pace, believable and gripping, this is more than one normally finds here. Bravo!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful

A well written story and a fantastic storyline.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Bordercase

The story shows well, when the extramarital love is not cheating and husband is not cuckolding sexual minority. The husband wanted his wife finds her future after his death and a baby came with this. 5*****

BTW For the Baby, the modern blood tests could check Down syndrom and Edwards syndrom almost 100% sure.............

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
You nailed it

Great plot, well written mostly, good believable characters & emotional as hell. What's not to like. I often feel that some authors' here base their stories on true happenings in their lives, I'm not going to pry, but you told this like parts of it may be true.

Unfortunately some of Jack's sickness near the end resonated very closely to my mother's death some 4 years old, especially the helplessness our family suffered at the suddenness of her passing. You handled it well in a caring & realistic manner. Great story. 5 *****

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 9 years ago
Excellent!

Very well done. Perfect story line. Believable characters. Well written. Perfect.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Nice try, but no cigar

I was enjoying this until it became clear that Sandy wasn't losing her husband; just one of her fuck buddies. Got to hand it to her; she didn't let loss and morning interfere with a smooth transition to her newest fuck buddy! What a shallow piece of shit. What's really sorry is the number of immoral commentators trying to make out that because someone was dying that all of the rules for marriage somehow change; not that swingers (adulterers) have a real marriage.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
I missed the u. I'm typing this on my iPhone.

.

Alaska84Alaska84over 9 years ago

Loved it! Thanks for sharing your story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Five stars

Thank you CharlieB4.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

five stars for the quality writing and managing to make me cry. I am not a fan of the notion of letting another man screw your wife just because your ill and she has a high libedo. If I'm not mistaken, Sandy even broached the subject with Jack first. The guy has a limited time left on earth and she was so horny she couldn't wait12 months? It would be only natural for a dying man to acquiesce, as dying individuals often have a need to pull away from loved ones. It is incumbent upon the loved ones to not let them do that. Again, just a small beef as overal very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow, one of the Best!

Different to others I've read and not usually my style with an unfaithful wife but very good work.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
You can tell this came from the heart, and personal experience

CharlieB4, I just reread the Big C. Very well crafted. Several members of my family have succumbed to "C". A scene so hauntingly similar to the one you depict occurred with us near the end. We knew the end was nearing, she was getting weaker by the hour, lapsing into longer periods of sleep, when suddenly invigorated she sat up, became very animated and asked for a beer. Needless to say I rushed out and found her brand and we sat around sipping, talking and laughing for nearly an hour. After this all too brief respite, she became tired, sat back, fell asleep and never woke up.

Thank you for a touching tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Tough read but 5 Stars

Thank you for a great story about how a true friend steps up when needed.

mitchawamitchawaover 9 years ago
Cancer

Everyone in my family has died of cancer and your story is an accurate account of the suffering the patient and care givers go through. The addition of sex between Sandy and Charles was appropriate.. Their struggle with how to handle their relationship was realistic and I thought the ending was excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Heartbreaking

This story tears me to pieces.

Completely from the soul.

gdjohn52gdjohn52about 9 years ago

I lost my best friend and true love on 02/02/2014 to cancer after 28 of the best years of my life. I want to thank you for this story. Every part of it was spot on. I haven't moved on yet and cried like it happened yesterday and I feel like my shattered heart has mended just a little bit today. I dont know but I get the feeling that this story may be closer to home than just being a story. I like your work and may The Good Lord Bless you. Gary

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
i have read some comments on this and need to disagree with at least some

My wife fought cancer 9.5 years before it killed her. At first they told us she was going to die since it was stage IV when found. As soon as she was able she began to look for a new wife for me and for our young children, I was 21 years older than her, and near 63 She went into remission three years later after severe treatments. Then three years later it surged up again in her bones, which eventually killed her. I found out from friends towards the end she was again looking for me a new mate, which she never found. I think in his own way Jack was looking for someone to take care of Sandy after he was gone. Unfortunately we live in an unfavorable location to find suitable women who are not already married.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 9 years agoAuthor
@anon

I was thinking of deleteing your rant but in the end I thought I'd leave it so others can get as many laughs from it as I did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow

Earlier anon, you have every right to critique the story but the insults are not acceptable. I appreciate that the author left up your raving pile of garbage. The vile language along with the laughable spelling is hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Damn!

That was some heavy shit, but one hell of a story. Absolutely loved it!

Rawmaster50Rawmaster50about 9 years ago
Thank you

Like some of your other commentators, I am also a survivor of a wife who passed from cancer. You got the feelings and the story right. It is nearly three years but she is still the only one in my dreams.

The little twist at the end, of the unexpected pregnancy reminds us that we are not in control of our lives. Thank you again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wow

Holy shit. I came here to read dirty stories, not to read a fantastic emotional tale with some sex tossed in. Thanks for bringing a tear to my eye. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
keeping.an.open mind

Two time survivor here and the first time was a 3B liposarcoma. Only 2 out of 750 live beyond 10 yrs with that type/classification of cancer so I consider myself blessed. It was tough reading this story because it hit so close to home and Charlie made it as about as real as being there. In fact, I avoided reading this story for a while because of the title and it would be tough digging up all of those deeply buried feelings. I cried.

samsiewamsie

sinsational83sinsational83over 8 years ago
one of my fav's

EVEN THOUGH, this story was probably one the saddest stories I have read on this site, I have to also say it was one of the best stories I have read here too. To make it even more better, it is a story that could be an actual experience. ( I actually envisioned it when you described the auction get together like I was there ).Which causes me to wonder how close you were to this story. Never-the-less, it was a super story. It was well written, well put together, and was really great reading. I never expected this story to be anywhere like it was. THANK YOU for giving the readers something to read without all the crap that is in the other stories. This was a bit of serious writing. To put it mildly, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS STORY.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
yep

another old-man-gets-a-piece-of-young-pussy crap arghh i'm so tired of reading loving wives stories having the lonely husband get his life back by tapping a hot ass and living happily ever after. is this the guilty pleasure of many hairy old men unsatisfied with their wives? i noticed this story was made more sympathetic than the usual 'woe is me, my wife cheated and i need an ego booster' stories by using cancer and death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This writer havn't any idea how to be creative !

Even if he has some minuscule writing experience, what is he going to do with it ?? This just sounds like a conglomeration of dozen different stories. This drivel? 1* .

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 8 years agoAuthor
Very sorry Anon,

If only I was as creative as you. you have an obvious talent for spelling HAVEN'T you.

VanadornVanadornover 8 years ago
Drivel guy!

Ah! Don't mind him, Charlie. The "drivel" guy annony-cock has been making his rounds about all the LW stories lately. One bombs, drivel, and jerking off in his sister's dirty panties as he hides behind the washing machine at 3 in the morning with his laptop perched on his knees is all our hero has to keep him warm and toasty.

Great tale, 5 stars to combat Captain Fuckadoodle.

-V

AlberothAlberothabout 8 years ago
An accurate assessment...

You have written a fairly accurate assessment of what people with cancer go through... to a certain extent. My dad was diagnosed with stage 2 bowel cancer back in 2014. He had chemo and radiation therapy first and then surgery and appeared to be beating it. Then 12 months after his surgery he went in for a check up and heard those dreaded words. There was a couple of issues with his most recent scan.

He has since been told he has stage 4 cancer, but he hasn't been given a terminal date at this point as they appear to have caught it in time, however, because it's stage 4 and has started to spread, he will quite possibly die sooner rather than later. His immediate reaction to the news was "we'll fight this". Even though there is now date as yet... He is working on it. My mum is either worried sick about the future or is trying to distance herself a bit... and is having problems herself mentally.

Thanks for the story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
FIVE STARS FOR THIS ONE. SENSITIVE AND WELL DONE.

TOUGH SHIT FOR THE JEALOUS ASSWIPES WHO CLEARLY RESENT A MAN WHO'S TEN YEARS OLDER GETTING HIS DICK INTO A YOUNGER WOMAN'S PUSSY. I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR DECADES... SINCE HIGH SCHOOL. MAYBE THEY RESENT IT SO MUCH BECAUSE THEY KNOW AN OLDER GUY IS FUCKING THEIR WIFE. (OR EX-WIFE) (PERHAPS ME)

When I was 18, I started fucking 12 and 13 year old sisters when their mother neglected them and left them alone and unattended while she went out bar hopping. They came to my apt. for company and it wasn't long before they were taking me 8 inches deep in their hot, tight little pussies. As I got older, I kept fucking women younger than me... giving them what they were looking for... companionship, someone to talk to and a shoulder to cry on. They gratefully give me access to their pussy for the privilege. The world is full of stupid men. I'm glad there are so many. I'll just keep on fucking their women. I lost count years ago but, not counting divorcees and single women, I'm positive that I've fucked way over 2000 married and hot to be fucked, cheating women.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 8 years ago
That's Life!

Having recently gone through a similar fight with the Big C that attacked my wife I feel that almost all of the medical description was accurate as was the emotional toll that the process cost. I felt that I was reliving that horrible 11 months. We also tried the trial drugs, but nothing helped and we eventually were given the word that the deeper we went into the special treatments, the less likely they were to work and the worse the side effects would be. Her time was limited and we had to make the decision how she was to live it. We elected to do some small trips and do the most we could to alleviate the pain. The cancer was a highly aggressive form and took her away more quickly than we expected. The people interactions were the most important part of process and our friends, relatives and community members were terrific and made the process as livable as possible. In reading this story I felt I was back in the middle of that awful year and it both helped and hurt. I thank the author for his effort, but I don't think I will reread it. 5*

seadog58seadog58over 7 years ago
Well Said.

What a wonderful sad story... Thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A very emotional story!

I cried when Jack died. The story line flows very naturally. What I do have a problem with are the redneck anonymous and SpiltAces who think Susan was a slut and Jack was a wimp because Susan screwed Allen. I found Susan's and Jack's actions very realistic. Jack obviously cared deeply for Susan's well being. I am sure that this sort of thing happens a lot in these terminal ill situations. Jack got angry one time when Susan didn't return to his bed but I think that Jack was really angry about his inability to satisfy Susan. Jack cared so much for his wife that he wanted to know before he died that she would be properly cared for. Allen was a true friend. He never went after Susan unlike some these redneck commenters. These haters are just stupid rednecks who voted for Donald Trump. Over the next four years they will see the stupidity of their. As for the guy who stated that he screwed 2000 married women, he most definitely has Herpes and HPV as a minimum so don't go anywhere near him ladies!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Sad and real but they could've waited until his death. That part is unacceptable to me . Jumping in bed with someone should be a long way down the line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I had lost hope

I had lost hope there were no other authors on this site that could wrote a story that evoked emotions in me. You sir are amazing great story 5stars!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

jack is a wimp for allowing allen to fuck his wife. He had cancer so it is alright to be a cuck. Allen is a shitty friend with terrible advice, the couple seeked out for his advice. Just tell your story allen and let them come to there own conclusion. Susie is just a wanton slut. Nuff said about that hoe. About this whole friggin situation. Its fucked. jack is killing himself and his body with this drug to prolong his life for his wife. He gave up, she wanted him to live longer. But she didnt like the consequence of not getting any so there she goes and fucks some old dude. In another 10 years hes not gonna be able to get it up that much. I smell another affair somewhere down the line. Your ability to spin a tale is good only thing I will credit you for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Very emotional...great story!!!

senorlongosenorlongoover 6 years ago
Excellent story

and I agree completely with your assessment of the Jack Reacher movies. Reacher is 6 ft. 5 inches and about 240 pounds. Next to him Tom Cruise is a runt!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent Story

Easily the best written story I've read on this site. Excellent character development, structure, plot line. Even the editing was far better than I have come to expect here. Just wish I knew the author's name because I'm guessing that he will be writing really good books soon.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks,

Thanks and I'll only by writing books in my dreams I'm afraid.

DaddyslittlesweetnessDaddyslittlesweetnessover 6 years ago
Wow...

i loved this story Charlie. You developed the characters beautifully and it was such an emotional story and was very touching. i think this one is my favorite of all Your stories i have read thus far. Thank You for writing it, and i look forward to reading the rest of them.

✯✯✯✯✯

jimh67jimh67over 6 years ago
What a disgusting woman

Couldn’t wait for her husband to die and then had to rub his nose in. Great job of sugar-coating what a bitch she is and selling it to your readers. Much respect for that.

ausfetausfetover 6 years ago
Easily the saddest line...

..is 'die, I suppose'.

The last outing was emotional. Just the thought of going outside for the last time, before being bound to the house, separate from society and the happy, everyday occurrences that make up life, is an awfully sad stage in life.

As for Jack Reacher.... soo get your rant. Tom Cruise? FFS. Books have gone downhill, too. I liked him when he was just slightly a loser, when he was fallible and human.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
mighty fine story

Well done sir. Keep it up.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Well, I must admit....

...I love your work and I've read all of it except "The Big C". I got stuck in the opening scene cancer diagnosis. Sorry, I'm a weenie, but it's a tough subject for me.

Well I finally came back to it and, with wet eyes, read it through. Along with "The Empty Nest" I think it's your best. I suspected the pregnancy, but it was still a nice hopeful ending. And hey, you got me to download an Ian Rankin ebook!

As I said before, I've read all your Literotica submissions - "The Empty Nest" at least a couple times, so many long overdue thanks.*****

Dc5655Dc5655about 6 years ago
Wonderfully crafted

You took my emotions on a roller coaster ride and for that I say thank you. Touching stories, like this, I wish to see multiple chapters....following the life of Sandy and Allen. Then again a well crafted story should kind of leave the reader wondering.... What happened next

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
A Wonderful Tale

Beautifully done. I went through eleven years of my wife suffering from Alzheimers and she passed on eighteen months past. You caught many of my personal memories in your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Absolutely outstanding, one hell of a story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yeah

love the story. Our hero needs to stay in great shape. He's ten years older than this woman who has a huge sex drive and a swinger past.

FD45FD45over 5 years ago
Third Read

If anyone catches this comment, I would strongly suggest reading this story. It was very well done...even though there are no Mustangs.

You will love the characters. It's a bit long, but worth the drive.

enjayemenjayemover 5 years ago
Intense

At times dark, but a great tale well told.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Great story

I saw comments suggesting that I read this and I am very glad that I did. Wonderful story unlike most anything I have read in LW. I, too, recommend it highly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow

Maybe it's because the cancer element hits close to home but for me this is one of the best stories on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

Nice job, awful subject handled by an excellent writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This is one of the best examples of this theme that I have ever read.

So powerful and perfectly described. This will be added to my favorites even if I couldn't read this often. So very touching

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
07/17/14 Anonymous commenter is an idiot

This was one of the best stories on Literotica! Having lost close family members, this story had me in tears as I remembered my losses. This idiot anonymous has no empathy. He is a typical Trump support! He has no heart beating in his body just wad of rolled up dollar bills in its place! He thinks that Allen was a pimp and his wife was a slut! This anonymous reminds me of your Senate Leader Mitch McConnell!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing.

Incredible. Damn fine writing about a difficult subject. Hit all the right notes. 5 big stars.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

A very interesting story, I think the sex was overly detailed and not needed but all else was good. I've written a few and when it comes to the 'sex passages', less is more, spark the readers imagine and let them fill in the details.

/

I now wonder about my time, being in remission myself with Lupron side-affects getting me. This is a story that makes you think about not just yourself but what others are going through. Now I need to start planning as to how I want to go out when it comes. Thanks

/

5*, Hooyah, salute!

EgregiousEgregiousover 3 years ago

Your story resonated with me. I'm sure every family has a Big C story to tell. My Dad's was similar to Jack's, skin cancer in his cheek, three months remission, then back to finish him off. I called it Dad's year of hell. Living 600 km away, saw him as often as I could. That was the year I got four speeding fines. On a lighter note, I'm a big Jack Reacher and Rebus fan and cannot agree more with your statement on page 4 "they picked short arsed, baby faced actor in the lead role. It was a travesty." After watching Ben Affleck in, The Accountant recently he would have been a better choice.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCharlieB4@CharlieB4
1249 Followers
Just an amateur scribbler who allows others to experience his daydreams. G’day If you are going through my catalogue you will find a wide range of themes so some you might like, others you will hate. Update. After a flurry of recent activity life has intervened so writing t...