All Comments on 'The Big House'

by suzi86

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighover 3 years ago
Gentleman Jack on speed

A very nicely written story, Suzi, and five-star nicely written at that. I hope I don't sound patronising when I add what a pleasure to read someone with a good grasp of spelling and punctuation. I very much liked your descriptions of the dominating position of the big house and its changing colours with the seasons or as the sun rose. You didn't specify an historical period although I've got a sense late 19th century. And that brings me to a couple of very minor quibbles, meant to be constructive. If I'm right about the period, at the time a country girl like Sophie would have been unlikely to stay at school until she was sixteen (more likely to have left between twelve and fourteen). It was also common about then for upper-crust employers to rename their maids if it was thought that the maid's given name was too 'posh' for her position. This would most likely have happened to Sophie.

All that said, I'm pleased to have seen this story. It's the first of yours I have read so I'll be sure to have a look at the others.

ramblin2020ramblin2020over 3 years ago

I very much like the setting of the story, the mystery of the house, and the detailed descriptions of the people, clothes, etc. I can't wait to see the next installment!

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffover 3 years ago

I liked this story, to a point. Having served in the U K in the late 60's, I couldn't grasp the period of time this is taking place. At times, I was thinking, mid 20th century, but at other times, maybe mid 17th century. Between the language used and other references, I became very confused. Modern day? Victorian Era? Even earlier than that? Clarification is definitely needed in future chapters.

suzi86suzi86over 3 years agoAuthor
@Maonaigh

Thanks for your comments. I left the precise period deliberately vague but needed Sophie to be at school at sixteen to make her current age 18. Otherwise Lit kicks up a fuss and rightfully so. Had she left school at 12 or 14 then the story would have had her at 14 or 16 which would have fallen foul of their rules.

As for possible name changes I think we can both agree that Lady Clara is not a typical employer in whatever era. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the 5 stars.

Suzi.

AliceGeeAliceGeeover 3 years ago

A very promising start and I'm sure that I will thoroughly enjoy young Sophie's education and her introduction to her new life. A new life that I'm certain that she will embrace and enjoy.

GayKatGayKat8 months ago

Hmmmm!

----

Hallo Suzi!

----

Your story "The Big House" seems very familiar as does Sophie... to a place and a young girl, I once knew in another life a long time ago,,, yes!

----

Thank-You for sharing your sexy story with us, 5-Stars!

----

The Black Queen 👩🏿 and Gay kat 👩🏼‍!

💋 💋 💋

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersuzi86@suzi86
First time here so a bit nervous. Please be gentle. I am definitely and irreversibly gay so please NO messages from men. I always enjoy sensible and intelligent chat with women of all ages. Quick update as its been two weeks now. And a bit of a roller-coaster ride. Loved 99% o...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES