All Comments on 'The Billionaire's Assistant'

by SanityCheck

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

Sweet story. Just one detail - Aubrey is an educated, competent and hardworking woman. Sending her home as a Suzy homemaker is a complete waste of her potential.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Interesting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A few typos and incorrect use of less/fewer, but generally it was well written. Not bad for pure fantasy but the entire premise was fairly shallow. It didn’t seem at all in keeping that they had sex on their wedding night and then not again until after the attack happened. Since the wedding night sex was so good, a more believable scenario would have been for them to become fuck buddies and then fall in love after the attack. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but the description of Fisher Island is so ludicrously wrong that I completely fell out of the story.

Davester37Davester37over 2 years ago

Another 5* from me. This one joins the Savior and Matchmaker stories as some of my favorites. Sure, I knew how it would end, but that didn’t detract. You create likable, interesting characters.

As always, thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Great story. Feel there is more to come with these characters and their situation, so hope you will return to these characters again.

Forto02Forto02over 2 years ago

Fantastic story, and well developed.

In fact, I liked it so much, that I'll pay you double for your next story ;-)

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Nice story. Thanks

DCCoffeemanDCCoffeemanover 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story, despite what anonymous thinks. Smooth development and strong characters.

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
You are a fine writer ; but

I don't much give a shit about the travails of the rich and famous.

Tired of the royals too.

They are a parasitic nuisance and we all pay for their existence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well written.I can fell the emotions that you put in your words.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

5 stars.

The problems: First, $3 million is nothing for a billionaire. Even a 5% return would be 50 million per year. So he is giving her 3 weeks of his yearly earnings.

Second, it is impossible to believe that the parents didn't have a PI following her or finding out everything about her. It is just something that rich people do.

Third, rich people are assholes. I have never met a rich person, who was born into money, who was not an entitled jerk.

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

I have been read to and have read stories for 57 years. Let he who is without typo correct him, the rest of us imperfect humans will wait.

Sanity, it was a great story, the concept and the development of the characters was amazing for a short story. As it is a story of fiction, it does not matter if the description of a particular place was not absolute. Go back to the first chapter and mention it is in a parallel universe, maybe that will shut all the English teachers up. I am going to start reading "Savior" in the morning. Meybe (think they will catch my typo?) I will finish before tomorrow night, but I will post my comments. Thank you for submitting such a great story story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5-stars. Good characters, nice story-line

I'm sure somebody has already mentioned it, but anyone with _that_ much money would have full-time security. Still, it made a nice rationale for the climax,

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

I enjoyed reading the story, but there were things that I kept stumbling over. If the couple consummated their marriage on their wedding day and enjoyed it, why did they stop? Author should have explored why they felt that they could no longer couple - could have been interesting discussion. I had a hard time accepting that the ex would break into a house to kidnap his now-married ex-wife. The author seems a bit old-fashioned in assuming that wife would immediately have to give up her old job because she was married. What was she doing when her husband was working? As another commentator mentioned, the money seemed like chump change in the scheme of things, particularly another critical point never addressed by author -- Aubrey was giving up the five years during which she could marry and become a mother. Aubrey was basically surrendering an opportunity for any normal life as a wife and mother. There are too many thing the author did not seem to have thought through, in what was otherwise a nice story which I enjoyed reading.

SanityCheckSanityCheckover 2 years agoAuthor

The same questions keep coming up, so allow me to address them.

Aubrey was staying home because she wanted to. She couldn’t very well continue as Dash’s assistant, and she’d taken the loss of her mother and family hard, so she turned her attention to doing something in her mother’s name. When we return to Dash and Aubrey after their wedding night, only five months had passed. During those five months, she’d been working on setting up her charity, Pennies for Paula.

Aubrey is the one who didn’t want to continue sleeping with Dash. She wanted to keep it as a business deal and nothing else because she didn’t want to run the risk of becoming attached to Dash and have him hurt her. He was a playboy after all, and he’d expressed no romantic interest in her to that point. Again, it had only been five months. A couple of years down the road, when she better understood that Dash was changing/had changed, maybe things would be different. There were hints that their relationship was growing and becoming closer, but the entire story from open to close was less than a year, and until the break-in, they simply hadn’t acted on their growing attraction because neither was sure of their status in the eyes of the other.

By most people’s definition, Dash is rich, but he didn’t have piles of cash laying around. Most of the billion(s) of dollars was company assets, not easily converted to cash. Callisto Holdings was his father’s company, and private. While what he offered Aubrey was a small portion of Callisto Holdings total value, it was a much larger percentage of Dash’s personal wealth. After all, he couldn’t very well use Callisto Holdings assets as collateral. Firstly, his parents would know what he was doing and start asking questions, and secondly, he only “owned” a portion of the company. I never stated how much of his father’s company he owned, but I implied it was less than 33% and that his mother and father owned the vast majority. To my mind, the most unbelievable thing about Dash’s money is that Callisto Holdings was a private company valued at around a billion dollars. That’s crazy money for a private company.

Having Aubrey give up five years of her life was exactly what caused Dash to reevaluate what he was asking from her. She was giving up 5 years for, in effect, 3 million dollars. Looking at it from a purely business prospective, that’s a decent wage, far more than she was probably making as his assistant, especially considering she’d have no expenses. But yes, she made a huge sacrifice for Dash. Why? I leave that for the readers to decide for themselves. Was it because she was mercenary and did it for the money, because he was her friend, a combination of the two, or some other reason entirely?

Aubrey’s crazy ex-boyfriend showed up because he was crazy. Simple as that. Why does anyone stalk, harasses, or kidnap someone?

As always, thank you everyone for taking the time to comment.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Nothing basically wrong with this story. Some minor issues re plotline and explanations but nothing to affect enjoyment of the story. Worth 5⛤ from me.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

I really liked this story, and the writing was easy to read.

Character development was really good, too. These people were believable and relatable.

5/5

USMCVetUSMCVetover 2 years ago

I was hoping it would end that way. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved Dash and Aubrey together! And I love how Dash come to his senses. I imagine him as a well-built, muscled young man with a bit of a hairy chest to pleasure young Aubrey. Keep them together, and they seem "fit" together so nicely!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Any plans on doing a sequel with this lovely couple and maybe their children? It was a lovely read btw.

I.W

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Nicely done, I think the stalker issues prevent it from being too Hallmark, but otherwise very much so, 5 from me because I enjoyed it! Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardabout 2 years ago

I normally ask for a sequel to stories, because so much is left unanswered... but in this case, I don't think it's necessary. There are things you could develop, but nothing is left hanging. Thanks very much for that!

If you do write a sequel, I'll definitely read it, but I think this works just fine!

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Undeniably one of the best romance stories on Lit!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Love and romance, that was missing from my first marriage of 13 years. But then who is really mature enough in their 20s to make decisions as momentous as getting married and having children? You never really appreciate what you have until you lose it or it's taken from you. This was a true love story.=, it brought a smile to my face and almost a tear to my eye. It is amazing the quality of stories on LIT and of course their authors and their editors, kudos to you all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why does a story this good have less that 30 comments in a year?

It is not perfect and there are editing mistakes. But it is a beautiful 5/5 Romance with a great plot, well developed and growing characters and shows how a person can grow and come to understand how to love in a way that makes for happily ever after.

The setting up of a cancer help charity also gives it social significance.

(There should be a quarterly contest for the stories that bring the most social significance to the readers.)

THC

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A real romantic masterpiece! I always come back to this story every once in a while. An enjoyable read as always. IW

Allegedly_LiterateAllegedly_Literate10 months ago

Sweet, sweet story I think I’ve read it several times now.

Aussie1951Aussie19517 months ago
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

That was one of the best if not the best story I’ve read on this site. Well done. But I also agree with one of the previous comments people like him usually have a shit load of security wherever they go. Especially their home…..

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Fantastic story!

Though one thing that’s always really confused me is why I’m situations like this he has her stop being his personal assistant after they marry.

She always, not just in this story, goes from spending almost 24/7 with him. To seeing him in the evenings while he now spends all his time with someone else.

It’s very made sense to me why you would do that for any reason; other than “as a high society wife being a PA is now beneath her” doing it for the social optics thing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSanityCheck@SanityCheck
You may read my multi-part submissions with confidence as all my stories are complete before the first part is published. I typically publish near the first of the month. There may be occasional exceptions, but generally if there is no new story by the seventh, there won't b...