All Comments on 'The Billionaire's Bet'

by texashorror

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
She wasn't even his wife?

Just his girlfriend? About as erotic as a barrel of chopped up babies.

verbicideverbicideover 8 years ago
Whaaaat??

So, Scarlett and Mojo run an internet porn site, which could make a jillion dollars off a recurring lesbian friend, BUT, for some unknown reason Mojo kills Molly. Just out of the blue, no hostility, no fight with Scarlett...nothing. According to the story, this isn't some creepy deepweb snuff site, but simply a porn site. This prompts Zeek to kill them because he was in love with her (though she wasn't his wife). Zeek finds out that Mojo and Scarlett killed Molly through the efforts of a P.I. because he doesn't trust an "incompetent police department" (never mind that any US police department has assets that no P.I. has...state dept. of investigation, FBI, state crime lab, etc.).

Not only is this story relatively boring, none of the lead up to the final act builds any suspense by suggesting anything nefarious. The parts about Scarlett and Mojo's previous sexual history was both boring and unnecessary. Who cares how much experience they have relative to each other? It's unimportant to the story because it doesn't influence any actions taken by any character. The murder of the two protagonists has no emotional heft because Zeek never comes off as that sinister and his entire reasoning is explained after the fact in the most hamhanded, ridiculous plot twist possible.

I gave the story three stars because from a technical, writing and grammar standpoint, it was acceptable, but creatively it was seriously atrocious. The only horror here, erotic or otherwise, is the feeling I have for the time I spent reading this that I can never get back.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous