All Comments on 'The Billy Goat Hill Pundits Ch. 02'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

The final chapter will be released a week after this is published.

.

.

Why?

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Nice one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Good writing. Needs a quick read through by a good editor to eliminate typos that look like they were created by autocorrect and predictive text conspiring together.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Well written. I'm looking forward to reading the final chapter where all the villains get their comeuppance.

dapidapiover 1 year ago

This is good but, could have been better. Typos abounded, you need to edit it. In appreciation I'll give you 4 shining stars and 4 bottles of Shiner's worst beer. Do better and you get a better brew.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

Some of this is very real to me, only because I grew up around places where this could be a true story. It hits most of the really bad things in small town Texas and beyond, except for throwing in a healthy dose of nepotism into the law enforcement, legal system, and business communities in such places. Loving the story with just an occasional tear.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only criticism is that the “villains” are only conceptual. They haven’t been made real (yet?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Engaging story and I love the nod to sooo many Texas landmarks. Lived there many moons ago. Sure do miss the Salt Lick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Continuing to enjoy - thank you.

It's got a lot of flavor, in many areas, without being over the top.

dammit - where's my hot sauce?

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another great chapter! Looking forward to the final part and the conclusion to this excellent story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Little too deep into the music side (I think I said the same about Chapter 1), but you do a great job bringing out the emotions of your characters. At the end of this chapter, you finally brought the underlying story of Will back to the forefront. You mention divorce decree but I'm not sure we ever knew how/when he was served. Is he divorced at this point? His increasing wealth and relationship with Lila could be a problem, if not. What's the investigators find? Lots of runway left in this story - great work! 5*

FD45FD45over 1 year ago

‘The final chapter will be released a week after this is published.’

This is not a good idea and unfair to the readers.

They want to be able to finish the arc and remember the characters. You are competing with a hundred stories between now and then.

Take it for what it is worth

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can hardly wait for the next part and eager to see what happens to the villains you have a great story here keep on writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn. And maybe don’t leave Lina out in the cold. Seems like she loves them both. Three can be a pretty good number.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Nicely done! Karma is coming to Cowtown and I can't wait for the finally

Thanks for writing

mmbny47mmbny47over 1 year ago

Well done. There are a LOT of us out there that have been SCREWED by our EX with the help of the courts. Justice may be blind but it is also dumb and won't learn. Women got screwed in divorces during the 50's and 60's (my mom was one). So now the courts are bending over backwards to try to even things out. The bad part is now the men can do no right in the courts eyes. MY ex got everything EVERYTHING (I only got to keep my clothes). On top of that she denied me access to my daughter every summer, birthday, Christmas, Etc, etc...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Born in Texas, I grew up some there. Back then the national image of Texans was big hearted, generous, and friendly (to white folks, of course). Now it is one of small minded, avaricious, and hateful. When reality sucks, hopeless fantasies such as this one become significant. It is entirely possible that the only justice offered to Texans next week will be in the conclusion to this story.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

Ok, I don't often get antsy about the next installment in series like this, but I'm hooked on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@lujon2019:

Because that's what the author wants to do...you know, the AUTHOR?

.

It's nice to be able to impart some knowledge every once in a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

*3!!!!!!! But only because there was no "Loving Wives" attributes found i n the story!!!!!!! Very well written and a few tears were shed by this commentator!!!!!! But again, there is nothing in this story that reflects the definition nor the intent of the "Loving Wives" category!!!! "Loving Wives - Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more." is the actual definition for the "Loving Wives" category!!!!!! There was no "sharing" of a "loving wife" by a "loving husband" with others!!!!!! There was no "swinging" by a "loving couple" with other like minded people!!!! There was no "Married Extramarital Fun" in this story!!!!!! Just a sad story about a self-entitled, selfish, despicable bitch for an ex-wife, in-laws, and small town officials ruled by the mighty dollar!!!!!!! Although this writer wishes to see the conclusion of this story, it should not be placed in the "Loving Wives" category!!!!!!! This is not a "Loving Wives" story!!!!! This was never a "Loving Wives" story!!!!! And unless the MC's become swingers, it will, most likely never be a "Loving Wives" story!!!!!! Just because a story is about a "wife" or "ex-wife", the story must carry some semblance to the intent and the definition of the category!!!!!! Again, a well written story but just posted in the WRONG FUCKING CATEGORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A "LOVING WIVES" STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Somehow I missed the first chapter and had to backtrack. Let's say I wasn't disappointed. Great story and creative fantasy. Well told and well written thank you.

Cheers

SAGE

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent! Damn, I can hardly wait for the next part. Thanks Texican1830. Very well done! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hate politicising . Ruined it. TC Ireland.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Why wait a week to publish? Very good story so far. Not sure the revenge can be enough though...

waifwaifover 1 year ago

I find this story to be the best of your work, so far. The plot is very believable, and the actions/reactions of the characters is consistently plausible. Unlike most critics, I take into account that you take your own time and energy and put it into writing stories that you are freely giving away. I do not expect professional editing and am fully capable of realizing context, despite spelling or punctuation errors.

I gave it 5* and eagerly await the next chapter.

Thank you for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Boring, and ridiculous. Like anyone really cares what a guiltless whore he married, or her privileged family connections. Guess you have to be a real music fan to appreciate all the music. I'm not, but thanks for the effort.

peterrude69peterrude69over 1 year ago
Can't wait till it is out! ... Thank You.

Well Done.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Great story. I agree that there are some typos but WTF. it was a fantastic read. 5stars. Looking forward to yhe last chapter

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
nice

great story keep it up.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Chapter stories are awful

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

A great, engaging story. A proofreader is needed to fix the minor errors Despite this complaint, I loved the story and made it a favorite. 5 stars !!

tizwickytizwickyover 1 year ago

Excellent story really enjoyed it. Five star effort !

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Geeze i really am enjoying this story. Cant wait for the next part. It was enjoyed n appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Down, Dirty and Personal. Like life itself. Nice to read about those in power having their actions looked at. Our writer obviously knows his music background and gives we readers a sense of “ behind the scenes”. Certainly a 5* from this reader. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry about the delay. Got one of those diagnoses that require “further testing” and subsequent meetings with other specialists. Hope I’ll be home for awhile soon so I can edit the next chapter and post it.

Texican

LitCritLitCritover 1 year ago

Hokay, so one week from pub date was Nov 3 - how comes it's Nov 7 and we still don't got no chapter 3?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hope all is well with you and the further testing ends up to be nothing! With that said I am hooked on this well written story! Can't wait for your next part to be posted...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

About: "Got one of those diagnoses that require “further testing” and subsequent meetings with other specialists."

Just a little advice: try first naturopath doctors, natural therapies, chelant remedies, selected natural plant based food, herbal tea detox remedies.

Hippocrates, the "Father of Medicine" said: ""Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food"

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year agoAuthor

Monday and Friday I meet with doctors to determine treatment. Hopefully I’ll be able to edit midweek, but no promises. Real life doesn’t seem to approve of my plans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Part 3?

This is why I never read the first two parts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

About doctors treatments, a good read:

- Maria Treben "Health Through God's Pharmacy"

- Maria Treben "Health from God's Garden"

on Amazon

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

About possible therapies, another interesting reading:

- "The China study" by Colin Campbell, on Amazon

- and the associated documentary "A delicate balance"

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg06over 1 year ago

F’ing amazing read

I’m anxiously awaiting the next chapter

5 ⭐️

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 1 year ago

Waiting patiently; understand life doesn't always unfold as desired. Trust your situation is successfully resolved soon and we find out how Cowtown deals with decades of deferred Karma...

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Where

Where is the rest?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is why I avoid multi part stories when they come out. I was suckered because the first part was titled like a standalone. Then I read that parts would be published after each week. Still not terrible. But now I am hanging on. Never again.i even had to read part two again so I wouldn't forget what the hell happened. Never again

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You promised us the next installment within one week of posting this and it's now been over a month. to quote an author by name: FINISH THE DAMN STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What happened to chapter 3 of the pundits?

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Yeah Will is fucking useless sorry I don't care what happens to him. Typical ignorant Hick this author just loves picking on but stupid people aren't interesting.

prsstaridprsstaridover 1 year ago

Come on folks, give the author a break. He posted 19 days ago in the comments that he has a medical issue he is working through. He will finish the story when he feels up to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

where's the end of the story???

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story! But I'm disappointed that the next chapters hasn't been released after 5 weeks. Hope it will be coming soon!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"The final chapter will be released a week after this is published." - Except that it was over a month and a half. At WORST, as soon as a chapter is posted, the next chapter should be submitted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You need to research how to spell Lynyrd Skynyrd

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Just a great story. I would pay good money to hear some of them songs too.

WisquejacWisquejac11 months ago

Excellent story. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

SIMILAR Stories

I'm 51 
4.83
772
589
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
622
I'm a Bastard 
4.64
656
269
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
846
More Stories