All Comments on 'The Billy Goat Hill Pundits Ch. 03'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
Chuckles1966Chuckles1966over 1 year ago

This is some really good stuff. Thank you.

VinastodaVinastodaover 1 year ago

Is a fellow Texan I want to thank you for your story. I love that you used some of my stomping grounds in your story. Loved it from beginning to end. May the goddess bless you with health and many days ahead of you.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

****

The final chapter will be released a week after this is published

.

So even though it took six weeks, not one, this is NOT the final chapter?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Hope you regain your health!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Welcome back ! Hope your situation is successfully resolved. Good story anyway, as always. Waiting now for next part of "It Ain't Paranoia if...", one of your best serie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great read a real good story

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 1 year ago

Great story.Thank you very much!!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

Thank you for getting this part done in spite of the troubles in your life. Everything you write resonates with my memories of the 1970s in the part of Texas used as a setting. Here’s wishing you a better and healthier 2023.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year Texican1830! Wonderful story 5*! I hope you are successful with your health issues. Condolences for the loved ones you have lost.

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

I didn't buy the forgiveness of the grandparents.

The story is, of course, over the top, as is to be expected of this genre.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year agoAuthor

Lujon - I won’t revisit The BGH Pundits lives for awhile, if ever. The first few months of ‘23 will be devoted to the treatments for my disease. Between now and then I’ll finish part two of It Ain’t Paranoia, and repost Comeuppance after an editor determines why it got reported as offensive and pulled down.

And, more importantly, have Christmas with my family and attend a bowl game my grandson will be playing in. So, Adios for awhile.

scout543scout543over 1 year ago

Oh man. Knew something had to have occurred due to the delay in posting. You and your family are in my thoughts . Take care of yourself and them and don't worry about how fast you can get the next sections of these great stories out. You'll find we are a patient, but sometimes slightly unruly, mob.

Codsrus1Codsrus1over 1 year ago

Sorry to hear about your losses. Hope your health gets better. Loved the story and the description of the areas in South Texas, I was stationed there years ago and loved the area

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 1 year ago

Thanks for not putting sweet pickles on a burger!

Never understood why anyone would do that.

Dill pickle chips forever!

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Good story. Hoping your health issues are resolved soon.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Regarding chapter stories - I do a fair amount of reading on SOL. Many writers write sagas, often spanning multiple "books," each with many chapters. One writer specifically, I'm sure others do something similar, doesn't post chapter one until a certain amount, I believe it's 15, chapters are written before posting chapter 1. That gives them a cushion so that they can post a chapter every two weeks. As soon as the book is complete, they change the posting to every week. It helps that SOL is more prompt with posting, usually a story is online the same day it is submitted. The author can even submit a few days ahead and schedule the online date.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Thank you for a great story. I hated to see it end.

Cheers

SAGE

ReddladyReddladyover 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing your personal experiences over the past couple of months. Hope all is slowly getting better! For the readers out there, let's all be a bit more patient and kind with your feedback for all of the writers on Lit! It's Christmas! Tex-Enjoying your talents!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I still would have gone after the slut’s parents. They failed at raising their daughter, and they made a deal with devils.

It’s the same everywhere: corruption is only kept in place because the regular people allow it due to fear.

The sheep had convinced themselves that they had no choice against the wolves, but that’s not true. Anyone can be gotten to. Start with the sheriff, maybe he gets drunk and “falls in the shower”. The bad deputies then have accidents or disappear. Once the muscle is removed, go after the rest of the clan.

People who are suffering under evil, do so because they haven’t stopped it.

ZK

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

When I started seeing "music genre" stories show up in Literotica, I was hesitant to read them. When some of my favored writers starting posting them, I took the chance and dived in. Your series is right up there with the best posted to date. The truly scary part is some of the actions taken by some of your characters actually happen in real life. It baffles my mind that two people who truly loved each other could try to kill that person at their very soul later on. Humanity is truly a mess at times (increasingly so). 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not so good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

After the wait a bit of a comedown. Four stars.

BillandKateBillandKateover 1 year ago

As much as I'd like to read your story, I'll wait for the final chapter. It took nearly two months for chapter 3 to appear. Who knows when the next actually arrives. Then, do I have to reread 1-3 to remember what happened?

I've been sucked in too many times, an author starts a series, then disappears. Not happening anymore. Finish the writing - then publish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This chapter of 'Comeuppance' was a great addition to a fantastic story. Thanks so very much

michaellajonesmichaellajonesover 1 year ago

Loved this tale from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved your story. I've been to many of the places mention in the story. The use of "Texican" show you are indeed a true Texan. I'm a direct descendant of Green Dewitt. I spent many a summer at Neals in Con Can and Saturday nights at Criders outside Hunt. Our ranch in Brackettville gave me a taste of the Edwards plateau. Still live in the Hill Country and will til I pasr.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written story and may the new year bring you improved health and happiness!

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 1 year ago

5***** Hubris is another applicable word. Wishing you good health!!!

crazycam69crazycam69over 1 year ago

5 stars as usual! Great job.

So sorry to hear of your losses and diagnosis. Stay strong and you can beat this. Take care.

justplaincraigjustplaincraigover 1 year ago

Worth the wait and hope everything works out for you!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Fun read! Sorry to hear of your loss. I wish you a speedy recovery and good health. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

KayaknhKayaknhover 1 year ago

Hope your health issues get settled.

Thanks for the final chapter. I loved all 3.

RRC2RRC2over 1 year ago

Excellent.

THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My only gripe with this story is that Will is just so righteous. I mean, really? He seems to never have made a mistake. This is the gripe I have with so many stories on here, where the male protagonist is perfect and everyone else isn't. That's not real life and even in fantasy the heroes have some flaws.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

Loved it - from first word to the last.

But, then I am a fan of yours - long time.

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

Hopefully your health issues pass she you are able to have a healthy and happy New Year.

In terms of the story I loved it, though it would be awesome to have a follow up kind of epilog, and see what happens when the real shit hits the fan,especially the father. See the judge,social worker and DA go to jail for corruption, the IRS shut the business,etc.

One comment on the writing itself, it is really good, the dialog is great and the plots good. One thing I would cut down is some of the descriptions. For example, if someone is running for DA we dont need to know the husband is a doctor,where they went undergrad, etc, these are side characters, not the main one. Simply say ',the da was oppposed by a local woman, X, who had been a lawyer since graduating from UT law school. British writers love to do that, doesn't fit a Texas story,:)

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

Thank you for finishing the story. Although I don’t live in Texas anymore, I used to spend enjoyable time in McMullen County, beautiful country.

Enjoyable story, well written with a good gripping plot, good character development and delivered in a good pace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was simply great fun! Thanks so much.

LitCritLitCritover 1 year ago

Good story and well worth waiting for the finale! One minor, fiddling detail - the 12 Days of Christmas START on Christmas and run until Jan. 6th - Epiphany - the day the Three Kings arrived, bearing their gifts. And I echo the good wishes for your health in the New Year.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Hope your health improves! Great story. Don't worry about timing - anyone whining about delays can shell out money so you can write this for a living :P

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
Thank You

I really enjoyed this story. Please write more like this. I only wish my divorce had been re adjudicated to prove she was in the wrong, not me. But we all know that a divorce gives it all to the wife, even when she is the cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, hope they are behind you. Loved your story! Haven't read your other stories, but I will. 5 STARS and then some! Thanks.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

A wonderful story. Thank you! 5 stars.

/

I'm confused. At the beginning of this chapter, you said there was one chapter, coming in one week. But the ending of the story seemed like a finale. So what is your intent?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was hoping to see Lina with Lila and Will.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

The long wait was worth it. A great story that really got me excited! 5*!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

You sir, can't write a story that l don't love!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I commented that after the buildup this was a bit of a letdown but awarded four stars. I see my comment is gone.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Very sorry to hear about your loss of loved ones and your personal illness. Thank you for this last part it was worth the wait. Write when you can and your followers will always be here. I hope you feel better and next year will be a good one

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed the story. It’s less complex than ‘Paranoia’, but very enjoyable. You hit one of my peeves: entitlement through money. I despise those who use money to live outside the law, to the detriment of others - especially those who use political office to advantage.

Please accept my wishes for your recovery to health. Nobody deserves the recent history you describe. Also, to your family: I’m hoping they’re highly supportive— which brings its own pain. Been there as a caregiver, then lived it as a critical patient with COVID. Get well, then live well.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this series, how it played out. It was excellent! Thanks. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The first two chapters were excellent, but this one was just stupid. The explanation of how the grandparents acted is just ridiculous!

xtc5xtc5over 1 year ago

Thank you for such an enjoyable read. I looked for the 6th star, but couldn't find it.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Awesome story line hope u keep it going . Thanks for all ur hard work n time during ur problems n strife in ur life. Will keep u in our prayers.

woodrangewoodrangeover 1 year ago

one hell of a good yarn

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fine story; well worth the wait. Please accept my gratitude that you in the midst of sorrow and troubles find time and energy to entertain us.

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

Sorry to hear of the trauma in your life, Tex! Thank you for soldiering through to finish this fine tale for us! Good luck with the trials ahead, May God Bless!

Mibal_ZahariMibal_Zahariover 1 year ago

I liked the first 2 chapters, but this was 5 pages of fluff that at most times were incoherent. OK, so Donny went ballistic in the end and suffered from the ballistics of the cops' guns. What about the bitch ex? What about daddy judge? Oh, he may have gotten voted out of office, but that is not retribution. NOBODY really paid in the end.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Very

Very enjoyable story.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Agree that nobody paid in the end. Hope all your health issues resolve soon. Thanks for finishing this. Looking forward to seeing more stories from you, Thanks! Get well soon!

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

this was a rough story to wade through. all three chapters. I'm sure there's some type of btb story in there, somewhere. just got bogged down with so many inconsequential things. I appreciate the writer's effort but this one didn't do it for me.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Awesome story. Vicki may need more pictures.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Some how I missed this when you did the first chapter, so I got to read it all in one setting. I very much enjoyed the tale. Some of the music references were lost on me as I have little interest in country or western music. Nonetheless, I liked how he used it to tell his story and made it a weapon to use against the assholes.

I hope your health issues are well resolved. Thanks for sharing.

OralinatorOralinatorover 1 year ago

Great story. The twists and turns added to the texture and main storyline. Hopefully you will recover in short order and continue weaving great tales. Be well

ncpetencpeteover 1 year ago

Loved the story, Thanks for sharing your hard work and imagination with us. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

nawtdognawtdogover 1 year ago

You explained Lina's thread about not hooking up with anyone after Will finally got Lila.

Early in you mentioned how she was OK with the FWB type relationship with Will (that didn't happen). But you took the time to include her not hooking up after Lila and Will got together made it seem like you would eventually explain her mentality OR have her with the love of her life?

AlleybarberAlleybarberover 1 year ago

Great story, but there’s a few gaps missing from it. Are you going to do a part 4?

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

That was some kind of good! A really good, long story with real characters. One of the best I’ve read in a long while.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

Never read anything where the word scion was used so many times. So many in fact that the count was lost. Sara suffered no penalty. What about the false testimony?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, but the aftermath is incomplete. It could use a final epilog with punishments for the Smithermans, et al.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very talented author - Fantastic stories!

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun7 months ago

Awesome story. Thanks

Old_LionOld_Lion7 months ago

Damn. What a ride!! Thank you Texican1830, Your other works are pretty damn good but this story kicks ass! perfect combination of well, EVERYTHING!! 5* and Favorited

woodrangewoodrange5 months ago

a great read. a good poke in the eye story

WisquejacWisquejac4 months ago

Fantastic story. Thanks.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver2 months ago

Absolutely loved this story.

I would have given it 10 stars if I could.

Top five favorite stories for sure.

AllNigherAllNigherabout 2 months ago

I'm with vickitvohio. I found it hard to read. Ended up skiong through since the underlying story seemed interesting, but the was so much extraneous detail included instead of things like why she left him in the first place, what made her decide to turn against him if he was the love of her life..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories