All Comments on 'The Billy Goat Hill Pundits'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Great beginning!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
too

hard to fallow

SeuratSeuratover 1 year ago

Hint: when posting part one, let the readers know at the beginning. Waiting until the end doesn't help things if you leave it hanging. I would rather wait until all chapters are finished to read than to find out that something was only part 1 and I will have to wait a week (or more) until the next part of indeterminately long story.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 1 year ago

If there are more than 1 chapters, call it ch. 01 so we can decide whether to wait until they are all posted before starting.

It felt drawn out in the middle to be honest, I started skipping.

kelchakelchaover 1 year ago

Asshole not to put chapter one in into.

dapidapiover 1 year ago

And here we go! A story about a boozed up old boy from Texas who can pick and grin with the best of them. This is more your genre than that pile of turds you served up the other day.

Robby_DRobby_Dover 1 year ago

You are off to a great start. Don't keep us waiting too long for part 2. I gave it 5 stars and hope I can also do that with the next installment.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 1 year ago

When I reached page 3 I was afraid this would be brought to an abrupt end. Thank the heavens that there is a part two because I'm pretty sure this story could be a darn good novel. Keep it going! I'll look forward to all of the parts!

CaptainbklCaptainbklover 1 year ago

Good start. I also started skipping parts of the story. Too much detail on the band.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It you are going to write a multipart story you need to indicate that in the title!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great beginning! Looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well hurry up and get a move on.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent, as usual! 5 BIG AND FAT BLAZING STARS!

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

I don't like or read multipart stories unless I am warned at beginning. I know this is a free site, but you are practicing deception. I liked what I read but am going to give it a 2* because of the failure to warn.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Part stories always suck

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I liked it but it had a lot of fill. Also please indicate in the title that it is part one. Still worth a good 4 stats.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Add my voice to those saying ch 1 should be in the title.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"the judge is her lover's uncle, and the social worker is her cousin!" - I don't know how seriously, in the fictional sense, I should be taking this, but his lawyer can't petition for another judge and social worker?

\

"Florida-Georgia line fans" - In the other story I thought that "Florida Georgia Line" was a band. As written here, it seems more like the fans along the Florida-Georgia state line.

\

"we don't want to get sued" - If it's obscure enough that they don't get sued, then it's unlikely to "destroy" anybody.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great Start!!! Can't wait for part 2!!

DocGiffDocGiffover 1 year ago

I hate reading a story and find out it is multipart story at the end. It's my preference to read after all parts are published.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good story about drinking beer, teqila, more beer, filling chilly bins full of beer, and a bit about a band who really get into drinking beer.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

this was a brutally difficult read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was through two+ pages and started to fret about how the story could end in three pages. Then, of course, I get to the end and learn that more is coming in a week. Given my poor memory, I would likely have waited to then read the story in its entirety all at once. I think that it’s pretty good thus far, but lots of parts seem poorly connected or sketched out. Maybe that will be addressed in future parts? We’ll see…

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

as a musician, I enjoyed it. As a northerner, I could feel and taste Texas. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stream of unconsciousness narrative doesn’t play well with redneck buffoonery. Horrible read.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Love it but you keep those two together instead of with Will you will get a hearty fuck you from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely wrong to show a part one as a single part story. I will likely skip the next part. Two stars.

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 1 year ago

You should have warned us in the title that this was only the first chapter. Very unsatisfying to read all that and have nothing resolved.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Well written but tended to be too long winded ie you seem to like to hear yourself talk (so to speak) a bit too much. Could have been trimmed by half a page and it would have flowed a bit better and have less filler to just skim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

great story and I know a lot of he places that you talk about both in south Texas and at the place in Charlotte which is Coyote Joes which is out on Wilkinson Blvd. That and I lived for 18 years in SA and Houston.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

5/5, but you should have noted this was chapter 1. How many chapters are there in total?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

There's been a few music industry stories along this line in the past few months, but this one feels "fresh". Maybe a tad too much time spent on the formation of the band and too little what's going on back "home" legally. Good start - rounding up to 5* for now.

NicealloverNicealloverover 1 year ago

I thought the plot would develop faster but it was still a good read.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

A great start to a story.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

I like where it's coming from and like where it's going. Looking forward to the next installment. Like some others, I don't like unfinished stories. I've still given it a 5, because it was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story wanders around like the Mississippi in Louisiana. Lots of twists and turns, but not a lot of forward motion. It lacks a center and real characters. Two stars.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

Yawn. Very formulaic. Good looking committed loving husband gets a shit upon by his wife gets screwed up by the system and of course happens to find 2 hot women in his bed.

.

Yawn.

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 1 year ago

I’ll give it 5 and look forward to the next instalment. Enjoying so far, but soooo want to see a BTB in there eventually. And the Asshole who she whacked up with. Oh, and the judge!

HOG57headHOG57headover 1 year ago

Like it love it-a great start to i hope a wonderful story for revenge and love. Please dont let this one drop

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

Good Start

But the twisty ‘Big Muddy’ comment is on target. However, a lot of the ingredients* for a great story are established. I fear that Sweetie, only known (so far) to We-The-Readers by her victim’s rants, will end up as a unidimensional target!

* beer, Tex-Mex folk (no zydeco ?), tequila, crooked judge, rich playboy, Hepburn figures, and pick-up trucks!

5*

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

P.S. addendum

Memphis is in the wrong place. Traveling East to West it would be Nashville, Jackson, then LR & I-30.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You didn’t label it Chapter 1?

That is a sin here.

I will forgive you but now I owe my readers an apology for doing the same.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 1 year ago

3* Wrong category. Is there any point to this story? At least the author can spell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very fun read there Tex , it did jump a lot but you presented well enough that I could easily follow and only had to backtrack once and that was to get the two girls names straight . I’m fairly scatterbrained and easily distracted but as a testimonial i never lost track nor did I lose interest, believe me that’s saying a lot about your prowess as a storyteller . I’ve been to the Austin area a couple times and found the place really has a pulse especially during the South by Southwest Festival ! Good work looking forward to the next chapter .

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 1 year ago

What an awful place Texas is, and Texans are worse.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Great story. Most of your writings are several chapters. I kinda figured that from the start. So for those people complaining not knowing about a continuation stop complaining and look forward more chapters. I am. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Confusing

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

Well, I read a few comments and after 22 years in Texas I can confirm Jerry Jeff's lyric that "the English sense of humor is dryer than the Texas sand"............ For you newbies check out London Homesick Blues on youtube. Viva Terlingua!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Today is the 27th - it was published the 20th....I don't see Chapter 2???

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year agoAuthor

Turned in two days ago. Slated for publication on 10/28.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

"The problem is, how do I prove nothing ever happened when my wife lies like a dog, and my kids - who aren't even in school yet - aren't considered 'reliable sources'? Oh, and the judge is her lover's uncle, and the social worker is her cousin!" this guy should get a lawyer and get those ppl excused. i mean i can see this happening in a small royal town in the 80s but these days too far fetched

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Too confusing. Try less to be texas folksy and more on the story. Really confusin

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Great new story. Don’t know if I’d be happy about Lina seducing Lila. That would piss me right off. He had his eyes on her and Lina stole her right under his nose.

Trouble for the future as l see it. Nothing good comes from two people competing for the same lover. Cheating gonna happen somewhere along the line.

5/5

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Enjoy them but don’t marry either of them

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

The problem is this prick is too pathetic and frankly idiotic to even care how badly he's being fucked over. Fucking move dumbass you have literally nothing left just get out of Dodge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

we never did find out if the two were related, or just oddly alike in looks and musical talents. Wonder if this was purposeful or an overlooked item on the author's part. Being the furst chapter, we'll allow sum leeway.....

the critics du jour [ not a mustard]

Smokeple

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Great! A real, interesting story instead of one protracted sex scene. Author knows what real music sounds like too.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

So the girls refuse him,then go off and do their thing together, while he is ignored and left alone to hang in the wind. Yeah,, that works well……

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories