All Comments on 'The Bitch and the Bastard'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
Ravey19Ravey1910 months ago

Oh boy, what a sweet little story. You excel, excuse the pun, at working a new method of telling your story so it appears different and this was no exception. I wondered when it was going to start with all the back story on page 1 then it burst into life and fairly galloped towards the conclusion. 5⛤

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Wow. What a great story!

5

Smiffy69Smiffy6910 months ago

How do you manage to turn out so many great stories so quickly? I think you must have a bunch of stories produced over the years! Great stuff.

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWife10 months ago

An awesome story - really liked it.

Personally, though, I still believe all cheaters should go to hell :-)

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Storyline was a bit eccentric and that held me back from fully engaging myself. Good story though of two lonely people finding someone and a unique occupation that allowed them to become one. 3.7*

OvercriticalOvercritical10 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this tale of people being true to their inner selves and letting the world think what they want while they really did their job. I liked both MCs. 5*

PaganrelicPaganrelic10 months ago

Absolutely loved it. Great story and very relatable characters. I know I've met them in my own life. Congratulations on a fine piece of work. Thank you.

Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

I didn't find a single thing lacking, although I'm sure there will be some scream "where was the sex?!??" The story's so good it didn't require that to prop it up or "sell it," which you did through quality writing.

You detailed Marilyn's journey, from hardworking woman, to a woman seeking love she missed, to one projecting a "bitch" mentality, then one John softened up, later marrying. You completed her journey and shared enough of John's too in order to prove everyone needs that human connection and enough affection to keep them satisfied. Marilyn proved unique by speaking in terms everyone could understand, which demonstrated a complete maturity. I rarely read that in many stories. Very well done! 5

BlueFox007BlueFox00710 months ago

Thank you for a realistic story with real, believable characters.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Never would have thought that a story about a couple working in the field of quality control would keep my interest. Very wrong indeed! Thank you for a look at the human faces behind the industrial machine. 5 stars.

Bronco56Bronco5610 months ago

That was a great story. You definitely brought life and realism to your story.

5stars

Crusader235Crusader23510 months ago

Great story, five stars worth.

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

I needed a little more rationalization on how she wasn't getting enough sex from her husband and went out looking for sex with a shoe salesman just to get laid, to being a long term celibate worker everyone unfairly considered a slut. It was a nice romance otherwise.

CastAdriftCastAdrift10 months ago

Thanks for another great story. Great character development, as usual. And love and success in the end - what could be more satisfying?

J6480J648010 months ago

And the hits keep coming

PurplefizzPurplefizz10 months ago

Excellent story! I have no idea if this was based on real characters, but I felt for Marilyn, a cold marriage has been the result of countless husbands stepping out on their wedding vows, but a woman doing the exact same thing ends up with her being ostracised, dual values indeed. That said her bitchiness was her shield, I’m not convinced of the “Bastard” tag assigned to John, that was a bit thin tbh, although of course it made for a catchy title, which I’m guessing was the idea.

I’ve long believed that everyone has a natural skill within them hidden away, a lot of people find theirs, those that excel in their field have probably found their skill, but those that are unsatisfied or below average at work were clearly meant to do something else. Marilyn was one of these people. Her talent for reducing complex theory and ideas into everyday language for others to grasp easily is a rare talent make no mistake, I know a lot of teachers and over half of them don’t have that capability, a passion for teaching is different to a talent for it.

The story is great, it’s engaging and make us think, I really enjoyed reading, so it’s a easy 5⭐️ from me, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

SraulersSraulers10 months ago

What she did was Wrong with a capital W… letting her off the hook with no responsibility or accountability is disappointing, but not particularly surprising. The double standard that says women are never at fault is alive and well in this story. It’s not a double standard with regards to men can cheat and women can’t; they’re both wrong. Get out of the marriage and then find another outlet. IRL John could count on her cheating on him in the future…

Baldy74Baldy746 months ago

This was the first story of yours I haven't liked. She never took any responsibility for her actions, all her husband's fault!

Maybe instead of trying to explain to him why she did it after the cheating, she could have sat him down and communicated to him how she was feeling, and what she wanted from their marriage and sex life!

Obviously he failed in his mind reading skills, such an idiot! Marriage is about communication, if she couldn't be bothered to do that, was unhappy with her life and their sex life, she should have just divorced him.

rbloch66rbloch666 months ago

It’s easy to blame the woman for cheating, and technically, she broke her marriage contract, however, when she did it, the marriage was already broken by a selfish, neglectful husband. She waited a long time before making her choice. In cases like this, men need to take responsibility for their part in the deterioration of the marriage. The woman knew her worth and decided not to settle for less than she deserved. I’m glad this worked out to her benefit. It’s easy to get caught on the wrong side of a narrative that has been formed through gossip, rather than the facts. This is a wonderful love story.

FandeborisFandeboris4 months ago

I would give Marylin a pass. Men have wandered for the same reason and they get a pass. The old saw of “but I have needs” comes to mind. Women do to, so take that you male chauvinist.

Your introduction about she was a bitch and then she wasn’t tells there is journey here. Marylin’s journey brought out the her true self. In this case, it was the voyage AND the destination.

Thanks for the story and 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories