All Comments on 'The Black Sheep'

by Adam_Hicks

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
joy of life

your story touched me in a way that no other story has ever been able to do...i believe that love, no matter who its directed towards, should be shown and that the joy of life is knowing that you have shown your love in all possible ways...this story was amazing and i would love to read anything else you may have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Her family

And now do you go with her to her aunt Sally's barbecues and she did go often to her family home?

FatBottomedGirlFatBottomedGirlalmost 16 years ago
lump in my throat

this was so heartfelt, so REAL. thanx for writing this for us. i'm gonna go see if you've written anything else!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Thank you so very much.

Thank you for having the courage to write this story. It takes a very strong person to love someone who is outside what most consider "the norm" and I wish you all the best with your marriage.

Angelflower88Angelflower88about 12 years ago
so sad but tragically beautiful

This was kinda hard to finish because of the tragedy in the end... sometimes love doesnt conquer all... depression can get to the best of us.... loved the tale...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Un-surprised

I'm not surprised the poor sod was depressed living with such a pile of garbage.

The story was utter bollocks from go to whoa.

trite_readertrite_readerover 10 years ago
Re: Un-surprised

I absolutely agree. Much as I hate suicide, I feel that it was the only option available to him... Oh my God, especially after the beginning of page 5!!

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 10 years ago
oh my god

this story has touched me in more ways than than i could ever express.... GREAT JOB if i could i would give it 15 stars

rangerrigsrangerrigsover 9 years ago
*tear*

Beautiful story. Made me tear up a bit there at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow...what a shocker. who could have predic...oh...wait.

One question, though, dear author, and I lack a "non-anonymous" -just pseudonymous, which is so very different and more courageous than anonymity! teehee! #sarcasm- account, so any response shall have to be confined to the comments, crude communication mechanism though that be. Now to the question: you say in your notes you sre married to this...lady?...trollop? Yet your profile, which details such interests as swingers, and more, suggesting great attention to detail, lists you as single. Is the "authors note" utilized in this story that of a pov character? One that never appears, created for the simple purpose of generating an "omniscient narrator?" I could wish it were made clearer, but then, that was far from the only flaw I perceived as I made my way through this text. (one stops in the middle only if one is a philistine. Finishing a book is no more an indicator of enjoyment than finishing a meal is. It is simply what one elects to do. In this case? The last course, alas, *was* as overcooked and salty as the first. And dessert was never provided. Analogy is an entertaining pastime. Keep trying, though, there were many glimmers of talent here. I know whereof I speak- I have been a beta-reader for many years now. Good sampling of slush-VS-gold when doing that. This is slush, IMO, of course, but even the greatest authors write fodder for the slushpile now and again. Hell, that's essentially the explanation for James Patterson! He (no Ghostwriters...neeever) publishes every word he types, slush or not. And whoosh! Slush=good writing suddenly. Keep writing. Do some research on narrative voices. Practice!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No words needed

You're a man with a heart of gold and I wish you both many years of happiness I know the loss of a loved one personally myself and my wife knows about it as well she knows that my first loves place will always be in my heart but take comfort in knowing that lifetime together can bring its own happiness as well good luck to both of you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow

This was pretty damn good.

linnearlinnearover 4 years ago
No Words

Can describe how moving that was.

CSXaviCSXaviabout 4 years ago
Different than I thought

I thought for sure, that the whole depression thing Christopher went through in his teens had to do with his feelings for Jessica and him feeling extreme shame for having such feelings for his own sister.... And then to find out both his brother and father had been fuckin the love of his life for years was what drove him off a cliff.

Rustyy_nutRustyy_nutalmost 3 years ago

Sad as this is, and I have the right to say that all you have to do is look at the bullet holes tonight Cut the Rope Burns I have the right my nephew had the right when he practically took his life these stories need to be told

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Writing wise i wouldn't say anything.

It takes lot of courage, Patience and Intelligence to write these kind of CRAP.

Fucking disgusting.

Is this how you Think about people. Male popularity in general.

Everywhere i read.... Everywhere i see all there about males are , they are Horndogs. They are Generally Stupid. All they want sex.

Actually its not far from truth.

Men are usually like that. You can easily manipulate and control a man with sex.

And he'll be a forever slave.

In this particular story all characters are purely disgusting with double standards.

How much you Justify . Certainly black wouldn't turn into white.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

2/5 because of the sad ending which was totally unnecessary or indeed germane to the story.

You had a happy ending that all readers could identify with and threw it away for notoriety of suicide. Pathetic!!!!

Yep, scores 2/5, you are lucky you didn’t get 1/5

keki123keki123about 1 year ago

I will just pretend as though the Author's note at the end does not exist. It's just a mood killer. For me the story ends right where Jessica and Chris become an excusive couple.

tangoperutangoperuabout 1 year ago

You are marrying a woman who fucks her brother, her parents, her uncles, her cousins, etc. and who will never love you completely...

Congratulations, I suppose.

redlion75redlion7510 months ago

She's not yours it's just your turn.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The family and their actions was the cause of his depression, so the family killed him. They didn't see the connection, basically threw it in his face and kept on fucking? What a loving family!

unclemerv77unclemerv774 months ago

I would like to say that for a one story wonder I give you 5 stars, you didn't leave us hanging and the story has a good andd meaningful ending.

tjreadertjreader3 months ago

I was honestly hoping that Christopher was going to hang himself and be found by the family so that they were forced to deal with the destructiveness of their secrets, betrayal and lies.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

Awful story

I rescored it to 1/5, my reasons are below

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous