The Boss Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now I was stumped. I looked at our to-do list and no spark of inspiration struck. It was just a list of names and notes and nothing jumped out at me. I listlessly doodled on my pad for some time before getting up and leaving for an early lunch. Why was I so worried about Toni's new love life? I had never been that involved or concerned with any of her previous lovers. I know she had dabbled in a few extramarital affairs but they had all ended before disaster struck. The old, don't ask, don't tell seemed to work for her. This one seemed to be more intense for her and somehow I just knew the husband was going to find out and there would be hell to pay when he did.

I walked around a local park for better than an hour trying to get my head on the job and not on Toni's affair. I grabbed a hot dog from a street vendor and then sat on a bench until I felt calm again. My doodle pad came in handy as the ideas started to flow. Suddenly the spark for one company became the additional spark for another client and before I knew it, I had multiple storyboards fleshed out and I could go back into the office to start to work up everything on the computer. I was relieved that my funk was over.

Connie called me late in the afternoon and we discussed her getting together with her model friends again. She informed me that they were banding together to approach their agent about getting better assignments and needed to brainstorm how they would present their wants and wishes list so all were playing off the same page. I doubted it would help much but she needed to work through this and, with some others in the same boat, might come up with a plan that could work. It is so sad that the fashion industry just tosses people aside when they no longer have "the look."

Since she was going to be out late again this evening I ordered in a quick meal and got back to my storyboards while the inspiration was still strong. I didn't even notice when everyone else left. Toni didn't even interrupt me when she took off.

About ten I knocked off and made my way to the condo. I made it there before Connie this time. I took my normal shower to get rid of the grime of trying to be innovative and was lounging on the bed in my short pajama bottoms reading a novel when she came in about eleven-thirty.

Connie was dressed nicely, something I would expect as she was dining with other models. They hate to be seen as everyday people. Her hair was done up in a nice do leaving her neck bare and without any adornment. That was odd since normally she wore some kind of necklace. She bent and gave me a kiss as she let her hair down. "Have you been home alone long, Dear? I am sorry it took much longer than I expected. The girls kept going off subject and had to be dragged back to the conversation but I do believe we hammered out something to take to the agent."

As I replied about when I had returned home I noticed a scent that was mixed with her perfume. I couldn't quite place it but assumed one of the other women had bathed in her scent and it had transferred to Connie. It had happened before, after all.

She undressed and then showered quickly before donning her nightgown and snuggling in with me. We weren't amorous but cuddled for a while talking about our day. I felt sorry for Madame X's husband as she was probably not cuddling with him anymore.

The next day I focused on the various clients' needs and got more work done. Toni and I had a meeting with the staff and we all compared notes. Soon we had an action plan for most of the clients and the individuals started to make the calls to set up appointments.

Toni didn't regale me with any new stories and I didn't press her but just got ready to get back to work when she hit me with something out of left field. "Cal, we have been friends forever it seems. Also we have a great working relationship. You go above and beyond the call to make sure Zapiro is a success. I want to reward you for that commitment. How would you like a bonus this year of ten percent of the business? Instead of just getting a paycheck you would be getting a bit of the profit and have more say in what we do." I was flabbergasted. Toni had never entertained having a partner even during the lean and dark days when we started out and she was worried about how to make payroll.

"I guess I am very pleased. First I have to get over my surprise at the offer. I know you never wanted anyone to tell you yes or no and a partner might disagree with you at times. What brought this on?"

"I think of you and, of course, Connie as family. Since I am swinging to the lesbian side of the spectrum I might not have any progeny to leave the company to so having a partner, one who believes in this company as much as I do, seems to be the best thing to do."

I nodded and told her I would have to think about it and discuss with Connie. We would have to negotiate a contract. I headed back to my desk.

Later Toni came to my desk. "Cal, do you have any plans with Connie for Saturday?"

I thought for a few moments and checked the calendar on my phone. "No, nothing too pressing, why?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I am feeling very tense and thought maybe Connie might like to be treated to a spa day. You know, mud baths, defoliating, full mani/pedi's, the whole shebang."

"I don't know why not. She would probably like that. She has been a little tense concerning the few bookings recently and probably needs some pampering. What about Madame X?"

"Oh, I will try to include her but I don't know if her husband is home this weekend. Bye, I have to set up my date with your wife." She waved as she left my office. I got back to work.

That night I talked with Connie about the partnership deal. She was enthusiastic. "Something like this will help cement our future. We will be inextricably tied together from now on." I shared her enthusiasm so I called Toni and told her to get the lawyer started.

Connie and I connected a couple of times that week. Just our usual lovemaking. I try to shave before any anticipated love session as she doesn't like whisker burns on her face or on the inside of her thighs. I don't mind shaving as pain doesn't enhance our lovemaking in any way. Never want to have a frustrated partner because she became sore from my ministrations. Gets her out of the mood for days when that happens.

Saturday should be a day of yardwork but the condo association does all that so I went and hit a couple of buckets of balls after a good run. I was home quite a while before Connie returned with Toni so I was engrossed in a novel I had been putting off. Connie came directly in, pulled down my book and pirouetted in front of me. Her face was glowing and she looked refreshed. "What do you think, Dear? Am I fabulous?"

Toni joined in as I replied in the affirmative. "You always look fabulous to me, Babe, but you positively glow today. Was it the special emollients or the cucumber rinse or the mud packs that made the extra difference?"

Damned if she didn't look over at Toni as she replied, "I think it was everything. The whole experience was invigorating as well as relaxing at the same time."

Toni stayed and helped prepare a light supper before heading for her place. When we got ready for bed Connie came to me. She was chewing her lip. "I didn't want to show you this in front of Toni but I got something extra special done today. I hope you like it."

My mind immediately went to tattoos but that would be a negative impact on her modeling prospects. She dropped her towel and showed her denuded sex. Just above her cleft was a little heart shaped patch of pubic hair. There was no other hair left. Normally she would only shave if the modeling job called for it. You know, if she was modeling underwear for a catalog or swimsuits, something that would be ruined if any pubic hair was seen. She always hated shaving as there was stubble in a couple of days and itching until the pubic hair grew to a length where it didn't catch on her panties. She hadn't had to shave for quite a while.

I gave her a quizzical look. I actually didn't mind searching through the forest with my tongue in quest of her clit nor did I mind when she was baby bottom smooth. Stubble turned me off, though. "You got a wax job?" was my weak response.

"No, Baby, I got a laser treatment. It will never grow back again. It will always be smooth for you from now on. No more hair in your teeth or rough stubble at times when you lick me. Toni said you will really like it."

"Toni knows?"

"Of course, Baby, she paid for it. She had to convince me to do it. Isn't it wild?" She leaned in and whispered, "You want to know something else?" I was a little dumfounded but nodded. "The girl doing the treatment must have been a lesbian as she offered to use her tongue to check for any missed tiny hairs." She leaned back and laughed at the expression on my face.

"So, did you take her up on her offer?" I was catching up quickly. She slapped me lightly on the arm.

"No, Silly, but I sure wanted to race home and jump your bones. I couldn't just tell Toni to drop me off since she paid for the whole experience today but I was and am still horny. Get your clothes off and fuck me."

Well, I checked for stray hairs with my tongue and couldn't find any, not even a small one around her little tight anus. I sure did try though and I think she appreciated the effort before we were both left exhausted and sweaty.

Sunday we slept in and then repeated our exhaustive look for stray pubic hair. Still couldn't find any. Connie told me that I would have to repeat my efforts on a routine basis so she could have maintenance as needed. I promised to do my due diligence.

Monday Toni was in my office again. She regaled me with her version of the spa visit. According to her she had also paid for Madame X to visit the spa. When I wondered why Connie had not spoken about the mystery woman Toni informed me that she had kept Madame X away from Connie. Anyhow she talked about how this spa was very open to women who liked women and looked the other way when two or more might get a little amorous during treatments. "It was very messy but making love in the mud bath was different and exciting. Then I got the laser treatment like Connie did and I let the girl use her tongue. So did Madame X when it was her turn. It was a fun day."

"How did you get her out of the house?"

She waved her hand as though it was nothing. "Cal, I did the same thing I did to get Connie to go. I called her husband and asked if he minded if she had a spa day at my expense. He couldn't agree to it faster if I told him I was going to pay his way to Agusta to play golf. I suppose he went golfing, fishing or played tennis to pass the time. Maybe he visited a girlfriend for all I know. It was expensive but so, so worth it."

Just like Connie she leaned in and whispered, "You know what? I paid for her laser treatment, too. She and I have just a little tuft of hair left to point the way to the treasure trove." She winked at me and left me hanging. Damn I didn't find out anything more about who Madame X is and Connie apparently didn't see her.

During that week Toni presented me with the partnership papers. She was anxious to get me to sign them but I told her I wanted to look them over. She finally relented and we got back to work.

Later that day I perused the paperwork but I was confused about some of the provisions. It appeared that while I might have ten percent of the total value of the business my share of the profits were significantly less than ten percent. It also appeared that I would not have any say in how the business was run and I certainly wouldn't be changing my title. I decided to take it to my attorney for advice.

On another day and in another meeting, well after the group meeting in Toni's office, she enticed me again. "You know, now that Madame X and I are both bare down there maybe we can get matching tattoos. I am thinking about her initials buried in a rose. That way she will know my commitment but also that I am willing to keep our secret for as long as needed. If she does the same thing then she can tell her husband that it is for her lover to kiss and lick and he will think it is for him, not for me."

She ended our session by asking if I had signed the partnership agreement yet. For some odd reason I didn't tell her my attorney was looking at the papers. I just told her that Connie and I were discussing the offer.

As a matter of fact, Connie brought up the agreement every evening by asking if I had signed it yet. I told her I was studying all of the ramifications but expected to sign soon.

The first of the next week my attorney, Jerry Caldwell, gave me a call and wanted me to come to his office as soon as I could. That didn't sound very good. I got one of the others to cover any client meetings as I hustled over to his digs.

After settling down in a chair and sipping a cup of coffee he got down to why he needed to see me. "Cal, I am sorry I didn't get right back to you about this agreement but I couldn't believe the provisions that Ms. Lapiro put in this. I took the liberty to contact her attorney to try and negotiate a better deal but he was adamant that this is what she wants and there is no negotiation."

He took a bit breath. "I recommend that you either get her to change this and change it drastically or walk away from this whole idea." I had felt that there was something wrong with the agreement but there was so much legalese in it that it confused me.

"Please go through it with me so I can understand. What is she trying to do?"

"I could start with number one and list them but I might run out of fingers and toes. So let's just go through it. Now, you get an hourly wage don't you? You get overtime when you work late and on weekends, right?" I nodded.

"Well, from this point on, if you sign this you will receive a monthly salary that I believe is lower than what you currently receive in gross earnings. I took the liberty of contacting your accountant and checking on your average yearly income. As a partner, Ms. Lapiro could force you to work overtime each and every day and you would not get anything extra for the work."

"But I would get a percentage of the profits, right? That could work out better in the long run."

He shook his head. "As a partner you would only receive ten percent of one percent of any declared profits for a year. You also would not be able to look at the books at any time. So, if she declared a profit of $100,000 next year your profit share would only be $100. What was your bonus last year?"

"I had a couple of bonus checks after we signed some large clients. One check was for $5,000 and the other was for $8,300."

He shook his head. "That was what I thought. And you would not be in line for any other bonuses since you would now be an owner. The potential is for your underlings to take home more pay than you."

"There has to be some kind of compensation. Toni and I go back many years and have worked together to make the company a success. I can't believe she would be serious about this." I shook my head in denial.

"Oh, that's just the start. There is a provision that states you cannot sell your share to anyone except her. That concept isn't unusual in a partnership agreement but usually it just states that the other partner or partners have first option to purchase at a negotiated price. This agreement sets the price and it will never change no matter how the company increases in value. In other words, if the company continues to grow each year, as it has since the beginning, your share will become less and less and you cannot sell to anyone other than Toni. Ten years from now you will still be making the same salary as it is frozen in the contract and your share of the business could be about one percent instead of ten percent."

I didn't even get a chance to call bull when he hit me with the next one. "You also cannot quit or walk away from the business. You must maintain your level of output or she can sue you for failure to abide by the contract. It alludes that the settlement amount would be equal to all of your holdings. In other words, if you decide that you cannot stay working for her then she will be able to sue and get everything you have, both in cash and real property. You would be dead broke."

This was beyond belief. I couldn't get my head around what Toni was trying to do. The business was doing well. I had no desire to leave or go into competition with her. I was fully involved in making the business and, of course, her successful. As long as Zapiro was successful then it also enhanced my reputation as a designer. What would possess her to try and break me while forcing me to stay with the business? It made no sense.

Jerry continued. "On top of all that, buried in the back of the contract is a statement that you would not be changing your job title. If anyone, and I mean anyone, found out you are an owner then Ms. Lapiro could invoke the penalty clause and again take all you have in court. And to top it all off there is a non-compete clause that is indefinite and has no geographical limit."

"So, to summarize, you are saying I would be working harder to make less with no real prospect of any profit share and, if I leave, complain or even say that I am an owner I would be left with nothing and probably not even be able to get a job elsewhere."

He nodded. "I believe you understand why I do not recommend you go forward with this partnership."

I had to get my brain around this. My knee jerk reaction was to quit immediately and get away. My tiny little logical brain told me to find out why she was doing this. I can't imagine she was begrudging me my wages and my bonuses because we all shared the bonuses, my share was usually just a little higher than any of my co-workers.

Jerry brought me a new coffee and we sat and threw ideas at each other as to why she was doing this. He was of the opinion that it was just a bargaining tool and that Toni wanted me to negotiate a better deal, not the attorneys. I wasn't so sure but had no idea what else it could be.

Finally we came up with a plan. Jerry would create a new agreement, one that was more a standard partnership contract. I would sign it and Jerry would then send it by snail mail to Toni's attorney. If we planned it right it would be two or three days before Toni would know I had not signed the original proposal and maybe, just maybe, we would find out what the deal was.

He would have the new agreement ready in a couple of days for me to sign. It was hard to go back to work so I called in and took the rest of the day off. I went to a park and walked and walked. After a while I found myself on the hike/bike trail that ran about nine miles throughout the city. I didn't walk the whole thing but did go quite far before walking on regular sidewalks beck to where the trail looped back.

At first I was anxious to contact Connie but she was out of town for the day on a shoot. She was having a hard enough time getting a gig so I would have to wait until she got home before discussing the contract. As I walked I started to wonder why Connie had been so pushy in whether I had signed the agreement yet. Yes, I know she was happy that I had been offered a partnership but the last few days she seemed a little upset that I had not signed yet. I decided to not tell her my concerns. I just would have to say that I was going to sign this week.

I don't know if I was actor enough for this but I decided to try and keep Toni and Connie in the dark until something gave.

Connie got home extremely late and was dead to the world in just a few minutes after kissing me good night. For once I was glad about how hard photo shoots were on the models.

The next day I was out of the office seeing clients, even ones that I had not scheduled appointments so I didn't even see Toni all day.