The Boss's Wife Pt. 07

Story Info
All good things eventually come to an end.
5.4k words
4.63
20.9k
29
5

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/09/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jack had to stay at the hospital overnight for observation, other than a few bruises and a black eye. He would be fine. It seemed Steven had decided to go to Withorp, another competitor. By the time I got home and undressed, the shit had hit the proverbial fan.

Within hours he had spilled his guts on most of the wrongdoings and secrets of the company. Even though it was late at night, most of the late-night news media had already aired the dirty laundry, including our CEO's mental illness.

"Well," I said, sitting down as the first of what I knew was many phone calls came through. "All good things," I said as I picked up my phone.

By the time the morning hit and I got out of bed, my phone had multiple messages. My email box was almost full. I had given up trying to put out the fire after two in the morning. Clients were leaving the company in droves.

"Morning," I said to the front office women, who regularly would be all smiles. Now their faces were full of dread, they knew the ship was sinking, and there was no miracle cure to save it.

Juliet looked at me as I entered. "All of them," she said.

I nodded, not expecting anything less. It happened overnight, but with all the stuff that had happened before last night, there was no reason for anyone to stay. "Take the rest of the day off," I shrugged. "I will go talk to Tim; I have no doubt..."

"He is my father," Juliet blurted out.

"Who?" I said, looking at her in shock. I knew who she meant, but the news hit me like a sledgehammer. "What?"

"I didn't know until three years ago," Juliet said. "My mother never told me anything about my father, then when she passed away, I was looking through her things, and I found a picture of the two of them."

Juliet sat down and told me how she contacted Tim and told him about her mother and the pictures. Tim never knew he had a child, let alone a daughter. He helped her with her career, and eventually, she landed the job with the firm.

"He put you with me, didn't he?" I said.

Juliet nodded. I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I should have told you."

"Yes, you should," I shouted back. "Well, his great plan fell to shit, didn't it?"

"You have to..." Juliet started to say.

"Forget it," I said as I stood up. "I tried, and I failed so," I walked towards the door.

Tim was in a meeting when I stormed into the room. "Now what?" I asked.

"We are talking about that," Tim said as he looked at me. "I think it is only fair if we..."

"What?" I asked as I sat down. "Sell the company?"

"No," Tim shook his head. "I was telling them if we fold and do not go after the clients for breach of contracts, we can give all our employees a half-year salary and recommendations if they need them."

Even in my angry state of mind, I had to admit that it was a fair deal. No lawsuits, no new bad media. We let everyone go and give them a well-deserved reimbursement. "You agree?" Tim asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

After the meeting, I approached Tim with what I was told. "Surprised she lasted this long," Tim said as he looked at me. "It wasn't my idea to keep it from you if that's what you are thinking," he said with a smile. "Juliet has a thing about using my name. She thinks it brings down her merit or makes people give her special treatment. You must understand before she met me, she thought she was alone, Juliet didn't know she had a stepbrother or a father. Juliet still likes to do things on her own."

"So, what was your plan with me?" I asked.

"Simple," Tim shrugged. "I needed someone outside the box. You were it."

"Because?"

"Surprise, you would even ask that question," Tim shook his head. "From the start, you have been plotting to get to this spot, to sit in one of these chairs and make changes, I just gave you a push in the right direction. Is that wrong?"

When he put it that way, how could I see any fault? "Juliet needed to be with someone that would push the envelope, and you needed someone that knew how things worked up here," Tim said with a smile. "I didn't plan on you doing so well, that one of our own would turn on us, but that's the nature of the beast."

"So, what are you going to do?" I asked.

"What I have always wanted to do," Tim said, standing up. "Close the doors on this company for good, even when my father had it, he knew it wasn't going to last, too many old ideas, it would have never survived without drastic changes."

I nodded.

"What about you?" Tim asked.

"I will land on my feet," I nodded. "Thanks for the opportunity."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tim announced to the whole company that they would be getting a fair reimbursement and letters of recommendation if they needed it. This went over well; he also addressed the media and told them that all the rumors were true. For too long, the company that he owned had unfair dealings with outside sources as well as sharing information about their clients with third parties.

He further announced that all clients that left would not be under contract to pay anything for breaking the contract earlier, and if they wanted to sue, there would be no push back from the company as they were in the wrong. When asked for the names of the people under him who did most of the shady work, Tim answered that it was behind them, and the company was under his leadership, and he was at fault.

Most of the notable clients quickly responded that they would not be filing if they were able to get all of their accounts out of the company as soon as possible. For the last week that the partners worked, we quickly resolved any accounts, making sure they were happy with the speed we let go of all their dealings.

"That's the last," Jack said as he entered my office.

"Yup," I nodded, making sure every account was out of the system.

"It was nice working with you," Jack said as he offered his hand.

"You're still a bad liar," I said, shaking his hand. "But if it buries the so-called hatchet, it was good working with you also."

"What's your plans?" Jack asked as he sat down on the couch.

"I am going to let all this boil down before I look for anything," I said as I looked at him. "Within a month or so, there will be some new scandal, something new for people to sink their teeth into, then all this will be behind us."

Jack nodded. "I agree," he said as he looked at me.

"You should take your wife on a cruise or some getaway," I said, looking at him. "You've put her through a lot these past years."

Jack looked at me as if he wanted to tear my throat out, but then he smiled. "You're right," he nodded. "Maybe it's what our marriage needs, a break from all of this, mess."

We shook hands one more time and went our separate ways, as I watched him get onto the elevator something told me I wouldn't see him again.

I went upstairs to Tim that everyone had left, and the building had been put up for sale. It was weird, walking through the halls and across the floor with no one around. Even though it was the middle of the day, it felt odd. "Everybody is out," I said, peeking my head into his large house/office.

"He left," Juliet said as she looked back at me.

"Okay," I said as I walked back down the hall.

"You still mad at me?" Juliet said as she caught up with me.

"Shouldn't I be?" I replied.

"We made a good team, didn't we?" Juliet asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Well then," Juliet stopped. "Thank you for the opportunity of working with you."

"Thank you for all the knowledge you gave me," I said.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~

Three months passed in a blink of an eye. I thought that all the bad publicity would have passed, but like a bad smell, it lingered. Most of the others had found work. Multiple companies had called me for recommendations for people that worked at the lower levels, including Candice, who got a job at a law firm.

I, on the other hand, had no luck. The moment I put my application in, they looked at the previous employer and immediately gave me the "don't call us, we will call you," line which I knew meant they wouldn't call.

I did some freelance work, working for some of the smaller companies here and there. Nothing substantial. The only good thing was that my condo was paid off for, and after the company went under, they gave me the option of buying my company car at less than half the going price. I had no car payments or owed anything on my condo.

Jack and Tammy had split. They went through the divorce, splitting their worth down the middle. Jack moved out of the state, and Tammy stayed at a friend's house until she bought something for herself. She still danced, and I had gone to a few of her dances.

Jane, on the other hand, had moved to the other side of the nation. I saw posts on social media, she had just entered a relationship with a young man, it was no surprise he was a black guy, and from the private messages she sent me, he was quite good in the bedroom.

I was getting out of the coffee house across the road from my condo after helping a new client when I ran into Steve. He was in his car. I saw the bright purple light of the rideshare company.

"Tough times, huh?" I smiled.

Steve looked up from his car. "Shit!" he said.

"Yup," I said, looking at him. "Tough break on the whole breach of contract," I said with a huge smile.

Steve forgot he was still under contract when he gave up all the information. Since the company got handed to a law firm out of state before it went under, they sued him. Withorp hadn't put him under the full umbrella, so he had to pay out of pocket for the total amount.

"I bet it was your idea to put the company up for sale before it went belly up?" Steve asked as he looked at me.

"You bet it was," I nodded.

"Should have known," Steve shook his head.

"You should have waited until you were under a contract of your new firm, and out of contract for your old job before yapping like a schoolgirl," I laughed.

"Are you my ride?" a young woman asked as she looked down at Steve.

"Yes," I smiled. "Yes, he is," I laughed. "Maybe I will see you around. I might need a ride somewhere."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I waited outside of the dance hall as Tammy came out. We had a friend with benefits relationship, strictly sex, no feelings or thoughts about getting serious eventually.

"Thank you for coming by," Tammy said as she approached.

We usually met at the hotel for our encounters, but Tammy wanted to talk to me.

"You sounded serious, in your text," I said.

Tammy nodded. "I found someone, and it's getting serious."

"Good," I smiled.

"Really?" Tammy asked. "I thought that you would be, you know," she said as she looked at me.

"Upset?" I asked. "No, not at all, I am happy for you."

"Thank you," Tammy smiled. "I know it's so soon after what happened with Jack, but it feels good."

"That him over there?" I asked, looking at a guy staring in our direction.

"Yeah, he is nervous," Tammy said, waving at him.

"Why?" I said as I waved at the elderly gentleman.

"I told him about you," Tammy smiled at me. "Everything about you."

"Everything?" I said.

"Everything, he asked about the young black guy that came to all my shows, and who I was meeting every Tuesday," Tammy shrugged. "So I told him, the more I told him, the more he wanted to know."

"Oh," I said. "He is not one of those guys, is he?"

"What guys?" Tammy asked.

"You know the ones that want to see their significant other getting fucked by someone else," I said, looking over at him. "He looks the type."

"Derek!" Tammy slapped my arm.

"Well, he does," I laughed.

"I don't know," Tammy replied. "He did get excited the night I told him how you fucked my ass, so hard I couldn't walk or sit for the next day."

"I knew it," I laughed. "Did you tell him how addicted you are to getting your throat fucked?"

"Derek," Tammy said, shaking her head. "Keep saying things like that, and you will have to do them."

Tammy had come addicted to getting my dick down her throat when I came. She had to have it every time.

"I am not the one seeing someone," I smiled. "I won't get in the way, this time."

"I know, and I respect that," Tammy said, looking over at her newfound love. "If we separate, you will be the first phone call I make."

We hugged each other. "Still friends?" Tammy asked.

"The best," I replied.

"I will hold you to it," Tammy said as she walked towards her boyfriend.

"Same here," I replied.

It was hard watching her leave, but I knew that our friendship was stronger than her relationship. Apart from the mind-blowing good sex that we had, we could talk on the phone for hours. We even could sit on the phone with dead silence and not feel awkward.

I sat at home watching a movie. I had rescued a cat, and she was purring on the back of the couch. "You know Tabitha, someone is trying to watch a movie, and they can hear a loud motorboat behind them," I smiled as I looked up. Tabitha's eyes were shut, but her purring got louder. "Thank you for listening," I laughed.

I got a text and reached for my phone.

'Of course, you will still get a text like this one,' it said as it was a text from Tammy.

The picture showed her big boobs in a blue bra.

'Tease,' I replied.

'Always,' Tammy replied.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~

I woke up to a text from an unknown number. It was an address. All it said was it was a great job opportunity. I sent a text back, asking who it was, but I got no reply. I looked up the address, and it was downtown.

"Not the best of spots," I said.

I had nothing else to lose, seeing as it was on a crowded street and the time stated mid-day. I couldn't see how it could be any harm looking.

It took less than an hour to get downtown, but it was midday, I knew getting back would be an hour or more, depending on the time. I knocked on the door. There was no answer. I slowly peeked inside and saw a small office.

"Come in," a familiar voice said.

"Juliet?" I asked as I walked inside.

"Yeah," she said, coming from one of the other rooms.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"What do you think?" Juliet asked.

I looked around the first room was the reception room, there were two other rooms as well as a meeting room and a small bathroom.

"What do I think of what, exactly?" I asked.

"Our own business," Juliet replied. "Before you say anything, think for a moment. You even said we make a great team; we can start small with individuals and then see how it goes."

I walked around the place. The thought had crossed my mind to start my own company. "How could you?"

"A going-away present from Tim, he is leaving the country. I don't think he intends on returning," Juliet said.

I nodded. His name had been dragged through the dirt, there was no turning back from that, he was a good man, and I hoped he landed on his feet wherever he went. "So," I said, still looking at the place. "I call this office," I said, stepping into the one in the far back.

"Good," Juliet replied. "I wanted this one anyway," she smiled.

It didn't take long for us to come up with a name; it was a blend of two of our favorite bands. We hired a cleaning company to come and clean out the place as it was still nasty to look at, the carpet was taken out and replaced with tile, the windows were cleaned to a shine. It was small, but with the new flooring and new furniture, it looked like an office.

Candice had left the law firm and decided to be our receptionist. Her boyfriend wasn't making enough money so she could be a stay at home mom, she decided this would give her some extra cash if it took off.

We started our advertising, at first, nothing happened, it took a few weeks, and for a while, we thought it wasn't going to work out. Then we got two phone calls in one day, then three the next, within the next month we had over fourteen clients.

"I am leaving," Candice said, sticking her head out of the reception room.

"Thanks," I replied as I broke myself from my screen.

"Don't forget to turn off the light," Juliet said from her office.

"See you Monday," Candice said as we heard the door close then lock.

The office was in what some would call a bad neighborhood. I only found it to be bad after the streetlights turned on. I never left any of the girls alone in the office. The front door had been opened a few times. They never took anything, especially since our offices were locked with many different bolts and combinations.

Candice took her laptop home with her, so they could only get into the reception room and the bathroom.

"How's it going?" Juliet asked.

"Looking up a different set up for the Matthew's account," I said, trying to keep my eyes from going crisscrossing.

"Shit," Juliet said I heard her getting up and coming over to my office. "I forgot that was due first thing Monday."

"Yeah, me too, until they called me," I said.

"How do two brothers fuck up their money so bad?" Juliet said as she leaned over, staring at the screen.

"No fucking idea," I said, looking at their bank accounts. "They have money everywhere, some of it is locked away in accounts they don't even know about."

"Take a break," Juliet said as she started to massage my shoulders.

"Wow," I said as I put my head back. "That feels good."

"What, this?" Juliet smiled as she looked down at me.

"Definitely," I said as she worked her magic fingers on my neck.

"You should get this done to you sometime," I said.

"Oh, I get it done every Saturday," Juliet said as she clamped down on my right shoulder.

"Fuck!" I said as I felt a sore muscle that had been hurting me for a few days.

"Knew it!" Juliet scolded me. "You haven't been using that pillow I gave you."

"It feels weird!" I said as I remembered the small pillow, she gave me to sleep with, the thing felt weird moving back and forth as I laid down.

"Ow!" I shouted as she clamped down again.

"Yeah, and that's why this hurts so much," Juliet smiled.

"Forget what I said. This no longer feels good," I said, trying to get away.

"Stop!" Juliet said, pulling me back. "It's going to hurt before it feels good, trust me."

"Okay, fine," I said, trying not to feel the tight grip her fingers had on my shoulders.

"Carrying around these all day brings a lot of back pain, and my masseuse works miracles, making it feel good," Stacy said as she dug into my neck.

"Well, you know there is a way not to cause back pain," I smiled.

"What have someone carry them around for me?" Juliet laughed.

"Reduction, but that's another option," I said as I stared at the screen.

"Hell no," Juliet shook her head. "I like my F cups. They got me out of that speeding ticket I told you about."

"You said the officer was nice and let you off," I looked up at her.

"He was very nice after looking down at my chest," Juliet smiled.

"I think every guy would be nice if they started at your chest," I nodded.

"Every guy?" Juliet said as she stopped.

"Sure," I replied.

"Well, what's your excuse?" Juliet said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking up.

"You get to stare at them more often than any other guy and nothing," Juliet said. "I have even worn my lucky bra and nothing," she said as she looked down at me.

"I didn't know, I mean, I always thought that..." I started to say.

"What?" Juliet asked.

"I mean you are," I started to say, but I wanted to word it right. "I mean you are," I said, staring at her gorgeous face.

"Spit it out," Juliet nodded.

"Fucking hot!" I said, turning my chair around. "I always thought you were way out of my league of play, so I didn't bother thinking about it."

"Wow," Juliet said as she looked at me. "Thank you first, second," Juliet said as she punched me in the shoulder. "Start thinking about it."

"You're serious?" I asked.

12