All Comments on 'The Boys in Blue Ch. 07'

by RobinLane

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
buran288buran288over 10 years ago
A-10

It's called a Hog never hugs.

jpr9954jpr9954over 10 years ago
Robbie cheats

If Robbie is so in love with Terry and can't wait to be married, then why the heck is he cheating on her with some pickup in a bar? I know he is a pilot and all but this just turned me off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yep, Robbie is a Cheater

Liked the story until he cheated on Terry. I retired after 30 years on active duty in the infantry. I saw cheating wives destroy some of the toughest men I've ever served with. I had no respect for those men who cheated on their wives while deployed. I've heard all the reasons for it and they are, without exception, BS. Too bad, I really wanted to like this.

michrmichrover 10 years ago

I enjoyed the story until Robbie cheated. Not sure if I'll finish reading The Boys in Blue. Too bad - it's a good story.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEabout 9 years ago
"WTF ?????"

If your spelling and grammer and knowledge of American idom wasn't so bad you would have a really good story instead of this very hard to read POS.

SynapsisSynapsisabout 9 years ago
Not a great chapter

I've enjoyed all the previous chapters to this story, but this one is just way off base. I just can't believe the callous nature with which Robert cheats on Terry. The whole justification was complete and utter garbage. As a prior service member, if I found out that my girl was sleeping with some British fly-boy that was in the US for training while I was in the dirt of Afghanistan, I would be seriously pissed. No good soldier does that to someone else's significant other, and no good significant other does that to his or her soldier.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm going to slam your character, but not your story, yet.

I have loved reading this story till now. This twist in Robert's character is very surprising, and puzzling. You made it sound like he's been pretty much celibate before meeting Terry, even though he is handsome, fit, and has many opportunities to fuck around. So why now, especially after just engaging himself to Terry? And so casually? And such betrayal not only to Terry, but to a fellow service man? It is almost what I call character morphing, where you have your character do something totally out of character just to further your plot.

If he stays clean from here on it will always be a pitiful relationship still. If you turn Robert and Terry into competing adulterers then all the romance and virtue of your story will have been pissed away. And what a shame to turn two such lovely characters into pieces of shit.

I think I will withhold my rating to see what this dish turns into. It is starting to smell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Propaganda

Until the invasion opium from Afghanistan was close to non-existent. The formally US supported Taliban were strongly against drugs. It was the US hearts and minds program that allowed to growing of opium. To allow the farmers to make money and look on the invasion as a good thing. This of course only re-created warlords. The Taliban agreed to hand over Bin Laden as long as the US provided proof that he was responsible for 9/11. This the US could not do, as released documents have shown, Bin Laden had little to do with 9/11. So Bush said we do not negotiate with terrorists and attacked.

dloold87dloold87over 5 years ago
terrible

Wtf man I have lost all respect for Robert. He fucking cheated on his fiance with a whore, what kind of man who claims to love his woman does that. This was a good story until this chapter and now I am unable to read any more of it, because his cheating will always ruin any content with him and Terry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Its all been said

I have read a lot of your stuff - you are a good story teller- excellent research - and your editing has gotten better.

But Bobby’s decision to shack up after a mear few weeks in training completely trashed your character

In all your stories you have had opportunities to introduce more sex; it this didn’t work

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Disappointing

It was a terrific story up until this chapter. It was so out of character for the previously shy ang respectful Robert to cheat on Terry. Why did you have to throw that in there?

LwcbyLwcbyalmost 4 years ago
I agree with Anon11/19

Him cheating totally ruined it. Doubt if I'll read anymore. He was a good guy, that you turned into a total piece of shit!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
COMMENTERS IN MINORITY?

The sustained high score of chapter 07 (4.67) indicates that most readers were favorable to this chapter. This 4.67 score was only slightly lower than preceding chapters, and was still higher than chapter 01 and some of the chapters still to come.

Why? It's the old squeaky wheel gets the grease/attention syndrome. Where a problem is perceived, there is attention and noise.

Most readers just gave it a 5 (or did not rate) and passed on. Some of those who felt otherwise stopped to comment negatively, hence the preponderance of comments being unfavorable.

As a theoretical example, suppose a rating of two plus a rating of three. To counterbalance those two ratings up to an average of 4.64 would require 12(!) readers rating five-stars. So, in contrast to the preponderance of negative comments, the 4.67 rating is indicative of the preponderance of readers (or, at least, voters) being very favorable.

Hopefully, this perspective is balancing and helpful.

Paul in Oklahoma

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous