The Breeding Center Ch. 14

Story Info
Lexi receives life-changing news.
1.5k words
4
7.5k
5
0

Part 14 of the 23 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/18/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Justwords
Justwords
257 Followers

Dear reader,

The following is one chapter of an ongoing story. It is not intended as a stand-alone piece.

Some chapters may be more graphic than others.

*****

CHAPTER 14

Miss Laura escorted me back to the gymnasium. Again, my eyes swept the room. Riley was not there.

Miss Cleo began the session precisely on time. Pacing as she spoke, she began, "Ladies, we have gathered for the continuation in the matter of The State versus Lexi of House Meridian. The accused has been charged with the high crime of treason by way of theft of government property, personal injury and property damage. We will hear the facts of these accusations and determine sentencing."

"Miss Elaine is a kitchen worker who was delivering lunch to Lexi's wing. She is mute and unable to speak but has provided a sworn deposition that I will now read from...

"Me and Miss Urma got off the elevator with the cart. Miss Urma pulling it, and me pushing it. That girl, Lexi, wedged herself in as I stepped out. I grabbed her by the gown and tried to pull her out. She took hold of my fingers and wretched them backward. The pain hurt so much I released the girl and held my hand. I thought she had broken all my fingers! She pulled the door shut, but I put my foot out, stopping her. She stomped on it and I withdrew my foot. The door closed and she was gone."

"Miss Elaine, this is your testimony?"

Elaine nodded.

"I see your hand is still bandaged. Are you still in pain from the incident?"

A nod.

"I do thank you for your bravery in fighting for our country, and the injury you sustained. Thank you."

Miss Cleo turned to the next woman. "Miss Urma, you also witnessed this event?"

"I did."

"Is there anything you can add to Miss Elaine's deposition?"

"It is spot-on. I was startled to see the girl approach us so boldly! She passed me and struggled with Miss Elaine, just as her deposition read. I saw the whole thing."

"Did you try and assist Miss Elaine? Perhaps together your efforts could have been successful in preventing the escape."

Miss Urma seemed quite irritated at her statement. "I am an old woman. I would gladly lay down my life for my country. I was simply... not in the right position to help... the door was in the way."

"Yes, of course... but you called down to Miss Sharon in the kitchen and told her to capture Lexi, should the elevator deliver her there?"

"I did."

"And after your call to the kitchen, did you call security and inform them of the runaway?"

"Uh... well no I... I didn't think that would be necessary."

"Miss Urma, can you tell me will Miss Elaine's hand sustain any permanent damage?"

"No. She has residual pain and weakness, but should be able to return to her duties after today."

"And can you also tell us about the damage to the elevator."

"The girl wedged something into the door at the thirteenth floor and now it will not close properly. An extra guard remains at the door until the elevator company can come out and do the repair. She also mashed the button to the kitchen with such force that it stuck. The other buttons malfunction and often call the car to the kitchen instead of our desired floor. It is quite a nuisance and prohibits us from getting nourishing meals to the other floors in a timely manner."

"Any idea how much the elevator repairs should cost?"

"Of course I won't know until the woman from the company arrives, but I would expect these repairs to cost taxpayers several thousands of dollars."

"Thank you."

"Miss Sharon, you discovered Lexi hiding in the pantry?"

"Yes, ma'am. Miss Urma called the kitchen and I answered. She told me the elevator was on its way down and to capture the escapee."

"Why do you think Miss Urma believed Lexi would go to the kitchen and not a different floor?"

"Because it's on the first floor... where the exit it."

"Yes of course." Miss Cleo laughed lightly. "Miss Sharon, you say you got the call but Lexi was already in the pantry. You weren't able to capture her when the elevator arrived, were you?"

"No I meant, she must have run from the elevator to the pantry when I stepped away to take the call."

"The elevator must be fast!"

"Huh?" Miss Sharon said nervously.

"And then you turned to see Lexi had opened the window to the courtyard and was about to jump out."

"Yes, ma'am. I was so surprised to see her there and more importantly, a fall like that... it is several yards down... could have caused the girl to miscarry, if she were expecting. So I was terrified! Why would someone put an unborn in such danger!? It is very disturbing indeed."

"Miss Sharon, what did you do to try and prevent this catastrophe?"

"I ran over and grabbed her gown just as she jumped. I held on as long as I could, but it tore and she fell. I yelled to courtyard security who quickly captured her."

"Miss Sharon, thank you for your testimony. Is there anything else you wish to add?"

"The girl contaminated some food items that had to be thrown out, and somehow all of that craziness caused a crack in the glass window. I know that is all small compared to the value of her contribution but it is still worth documenting... in my opinion."

"Ladies, you have heard testimony regarding personal injury, property damage, but more importantly you have heard how Lexi of House Meridian not only attempted to escape her primary duty but was so callous as to risk the possible life of an unborn." She paced back and forth and took the care to make eye contact with each panel member. "I beg you to take the time to consider this... I move that we break for lunch then return to decide sentencing. All in favor?"

Every woman raised her hand. Miss Cleo dismissed the women and the crowd scattered. Miss Christi took me by the arm and we returned to our wing for the break.

*****

Lunch was being served and Kayla and the other girls in my wing had formed a line. as though they had no knowledge of my hearing. I was too anxious to eat, but Miss Christi insisted. I selected a few pieces of cut fruit and a slice of banana bread with peanut butter on it and this seemed to satisfy her.

When the meal was over, Miss Christi called everyone to attention. "It is that time of the week where we announce those who have tested positive." The residents clapped and most became giddy with excitement. Another nurse handed her a sheet of paper. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure. Riley stood in the doorway and leaned casually against the frame.

"If I call your name, please join me at the front of the room." Miss Christi said.

My heart slammed in my chest. Did I want this? Did I not? What would become of me and Riley? What would become of my trial? Could I ever find a way to change the ways that had rebuilt our world so successfully? Could I ever find a way to keep and raise my own child? My hands became sweaty and my breath quickened as she read the names.

"Tessa of House Evanston" Miss Christi read. Tessa stood and was applauded and moved to the front of the room. "Eve of House Manchester... Kory of House Cranston... Wendy of House Austin..." the names continued. Each followed by applause. "Lexi of House Meridian..." I heard my name, but it didn't register as my own. She repeated it. "Lexi of House Meridian"

"Lexi, that's you!" Kayla said. "Congratulations!"

I slowly stood as I held the back of the chair for balance. The room swayed and my face soured at the nausea it caused. I stepped carefully forward as the excitement continued and the rest of the names were read.

"Please join me in congratulating these ladies who will be honored with a relocation to the twelfth floor!" The room burst into celebration. The rest of the girls jumped to their feet and practically stampeded us to give hugs and best wishes.

The room swayed and I became more confused. I turned to check the doorway, but Riley was not there. I heard my name and spun around too quickly. It was her. Riley stood before me and put her hand out to shake mine. "Congratulations." She said in a professional tone. I glanced at her hand and found it strange that mine did not extend to meet hers. I went to speak but no sound came out. Then, my knees went soft and I heard someone exclaim "Lexi!" The room went dark.

*****

Justwords
Justwords
257 Followers