All Comments on 'The Bullfighter and The Woman'

by SimonDoom

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
chytownchytownover 4 years ago
TRUE THAT!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing,

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
TRUE THAT!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 4 years ago

Suzie looked at Simon with a gentle look in her eyes. She poked him gently on the shoulder. "You're just an old softie really, aren't you? That was lovely."

Across the plaza, the old bullfighter looked up. His crinkled eyes creased and the sun never saw them. He shook his head. "There's always next year, if that old bull doesn't get me first."

DrizdartDrizdartover 4 years ago

Perhaps you can do a follow-up ... an old man and the sea ...

Nice, terse writing. And the ending is a delightful reveal.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago

Olé!

Says it all.

holliday1960holliday1960about 4 years ago
Your writing is always a delight...

You must write more often, Simon.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 4 years ago

Very good story in the word limit allowed with a great ending that really makes the tale. Well done!

5*

roxymovesroxymovesalmost 4 years ago

Love the use of simile, nice tight but erotic sex scene, love the ending.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 3 years ago

Nicely done! Evocative, tight writing, reminiscent of Hemingway. Five stars.

EmirusEmirusover 3 years ago

I thought the story was okay and liked the idea behind it. You kept it simple which, in something short, I think is essential.

What did ruin my enjoyment, because I found it so irritating, was your continual reference to “the old bullfighter” or “the bullfighter” and “the beautiful woman.”

We know who they are and if they had, after being initially introduced, been referred to as “he” or “she” or, in her case, “the woman,” with just the occasional reminder he was old and a bullfighter and she was beautiful it would have been much better and made reading it more enjoyable. Think Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler.

I haven’t voted and I think my comment shows why. A real pity because I think the concept of a woman being harder to defeat than a bull is an excellent one with which many men will agree.

HawkerPennHawkerPennover 2 years ago

He was not Hemingway. Not on the outside. But on the inside, he was Hemingway, and he told the truth. Like Hemingway. He told truthfully of bulls, and of beautiful women, and of being old with bulls and beautiful women. The bulls were strong and brave, and the women were strong and beautiful. The bullfighter was old, but he, too, was strong and brave and even beautiful in his own way. The women saw in what way he was beautiful, and loved him for it. And it was good.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSimonDoom@SimonDoom
I am a long-time reader of stories on this Site, and I began publishing stories in late 2016. I enjoy a variety of erotic stories, and I hope to publish stories that explore many different aspects of erotica. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.