All Comments on 'The Cabin'

by horneytoad98277

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No

There is no ending.Lots more must have happened after he walked out.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 4 years ago
Not a bad start.

To me this is more of a story outline or first draft. It has potential to be a really good story.

You need to smooth out the rough spots. They need to fit together better. You need to lessen some of the extremes so they work with the story. We need an u derstanding as to why she cheated.

Yes she could love him with all her heart. She apparently treated him very well for 10 years other than the cheating which she concealed from him and it didn’t heart him until they got stupid.

This story is very real life. If people don’t think so they should watch an episode of Dr. Phil. Unless we think those are also fake.

Keep writing. You have received some very good comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@mgbdallas

Yep, Dr. Phil is where I go to understand reality...well, only after I've watched Maury. What a maroon. The story is well written, but some serious revenge is called for ;-)

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I hate to think there are wives like that...

...but I've known a few and they do exist. You may wish them every suffering, every bit of vengeance you can imagine, but in the end all you can do is get away. Good story.

ojalalalaojalalalaover 4 years ago
Dave needs to get divorced and, not hide, but get away from the toxic three...

He needs to get fit in a couple of ways, emotionally because he is seriously weak. He let them mess up his highest libido late teen years, his college years when he could have been exploring and developing sexually, and now "destroy" him again along with every good memory of his past ten years. He needs get fit physically (6 feet tall and 150 pounds -- wait a moment while I blow away him and a dandelion head) and use his underdeveloped mental faculties. He needs to get thick in skin, in body , just leave, let the creeps all do what they want, leave the divorce or get it, just get gone.

Time for some directed payback later. If Keith is the family attorney (doubt a nurse and x-ray tech need one unless they bought a house and see up something), let's get him in trouble for his intimate relationship with one client and betrayal of another.n? If so, is it criminal or are they messing with him as a power trip?

Dave needs to lose the little white underpants and put his thinking cap (shades of Tom Terrific!) He should find out about the double messages.

She tells Keith and Heather that she loves Dave. Of course they don't believe her. They're having sex with her while she says that and follows it with agreeing to do the all the way cuckolding of Dave by deliberately getting pregnant by Keith and having Dave raise that child as his own. Not so loving. He should find out about the double messages.

She kept talking out both sides of her mouth. When Keith and Heather arrived, she complained to Dave that she wanted that time to be alone with him, then she drugged him so she can have sex with them! For that matter, how was it that she married Dave at all, went out with him for two years before he proposed, and then had sex with Keith the entire time she was married to Dave? What in the world? She had years to tutor him: she knew he had zero experience with sex, and she could have set it up so that the two of them would be exploring and experimenting together. Instead, she got what she wanted from Keith and Heather, left Dave with whatever leftovers she might give him and kept disrespecting him, disparaging his lovemaking, and dishonoring their marriage. Why did they keep messing with Dave? Why didn't they just leave him alone instead of denying him for all those years a faithful wife, his own children, a real marriage?

This ten years of betrayal thing reminds me very much of Rebirth-11 posted a month prior to yours: it had many interesting, real-life comments referencing depression, life styles, and ways to kill the betrayers. No matter which way you go with Dave, someone will be dissatisfied, but I'm hoping for him to live well and prosper (salute to Tom Terrific and his wonder dog Manfred -- nope).

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Looking for part two

Can't wait

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
Pretty well done

Not greatest but pretty damn good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Resident nitpicker here...

Pretty sure you don't have to go to college to be an X-ray tech.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Pretty good

Pretty good for a first effort, sure wish I could do it. Ended a bit too quick, I certainly would like a part two.

eh9198eh9198about 4 years ago
Wait...

...this was amazing, but where’s the rest? I sure hope you’re writing a sequel otherwise it just looks like your computer accidentally deleted the 2nd half when you posted it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WTF??

Why would anyone write a story about such a pathetic pussy??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story. Painful.

But it needs more. Best friends should never cheat on you with your wife on!y thing worse than a buddy using your wife is a family member, and minor sure that's true. Just don't understand how the chesterfield they had a right to defend themselves with such weak arguments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I just don't understand

This is one I read and reread, over and over. Well written and painful. The main character 's thoughts are obvious and clear. But why the cheating and lying , if she really loved him, why the it's not what it looks like defense ? It is obviously what it looks like , and they are three scummy folks. Friends and lovers don't do that to each other. Don't need to see the scum burned , but wonder how they justified this , and what was behind the desire to have another's child ,if she loved her husband enough to want him. I realize it's just a story , and doesn't have to make sense , but it is a story of this guy's pain , and so sense is important. Would love to hear their side, beyond just what was done. I mean , they screwed him over, and stil! wanted forgiveness, and his friendship. That is screwed up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Stupid story

as johnadp has said, the protagonist was extremely unlikeable. too little self-respect or self-confidence. the wife and the two others were caricature LW villains.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
That’s it?

WTF? Could have been a good start if you finished it. I waded through an unlikely pile of shit for zero payoff. You have potential as a writer but this was just depressing with no point. Who the fuck gave this story high marks?

Dunny69Dunny69almost 4 years ago
Pointless piece of shit

What happened you got fed up half way through??? Why didnt you suggest it was an incomplete story with no real outcome?? You robbed us mate you cheated us very poor result, thanks for nothing. 1* if only to protect others from it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Read it again.

I don't believe those two cheaters would ever sit down "...and thought about their part in the destruction of a marriage." I don't think they have remorse. Also, Keith's apology to Dave just doesn't seem like something he's capable of doing. He'd been doing Dave's wife for a decade and was planning on passing off his kid. That kind of person isn't capable of remorse.

QuintiusQuintiusover 3 years ago
Take all these comments as encouragement

Clearly, if the story inspired this many people to comment and ask for more, you must have done something right. It's been a while since this was published here but I hope you continue writing.

Like most of the other commenters, I was hoping for more. The end seemed a bit too abrupt, though really all that's left is sorting out the details. Still, it's nice to see what the aftermath of all the uproar will be in a story. Generally speaking, if the story ends with the husband leaving the house in a huff it's going to leave a lot of readers hanging and that's a bit frustrating. You don't necessarily have to add another four pages of epilogue afterwards but people will usually appreciate at least a summary of what the author thinks should happen at the end. In the case of this story, for example, there was no real sense of justice for David. He was destroyed by her betrayal when he was just 17, how much worse was this one? Yet all he does is give her a 50/50 divorce, gives her the house, and plans on making the asshole and his whore wife co-respondents in a way that'll be embarrassing for them at work. David really doesn't get much satisfaction out of the situation. There's no clear reason given for any of it, either, so there's not even a catharsis of "they're all batshit crazy" to get us through it.

It's a good 3/4 of a story but there's still a lot of meat left on the bone to chew through and it's disappointing that it wasn't completed. Even though it's been almost a year, I hope you continue to write, even if you don't put out a second part to this one. It's clear you have ideas that spark a lot of interest to readers here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Someone finish this please.

This a story that could have multiple writers takes on it if the original author is unable to do so. Kinda like George Anderson's story.

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
GOOD STORY! 5 STARS

WISH THE AUTHOR WOULD ADD ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR A GOOD SCORCHED EARTH ENDING! OR SOMEONE WOULD PICK IT UP AND ADD TO IT!

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Excellent! I hope he gets over her. He deserves better. I would like to read a chapter or two on the fallout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Chapter two please.

I've not read all the comments but I'm guessing most would like to see a second chapter - at least. I'm one of those.

Thanks for the story.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Just one sad sap tale of woe. Him extricating himself from an abusive relationship is only a faint light at the end of the tunnel. It's a bit weary following a cast of scumbag characters and a self-admitted punching bag of a protagonist. Colleen is the biggest shitstain here - it really does feel like Dave said, she didn't finish the job back in the day, so she had to worm her way back into his life to try completely destroy him. Doesn't matter what her sad paper-thin justifications and claims of love were, her actions tell the story. Really, the story confirms too close to genre tropes to warrant sticking it out with these losers. Too bad nobody penned an alt ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Time periods are too long

Avoids the, and sits in dorm room for 4 years? Married for ten years?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
What is the real price of pain.......

This guy learned to know that price....because the people he believed in made him pay that price....but the ending falls flat here...in her own way his wife loves him...but not enough to only be his...and we know she doesn't want his baby...I wanted to read what she goes through at the end....not guess what happens to her..........

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Great story

Wow! Talk about a cheating whore of a wife, and add on betrayal by his best friend. He should destroy them. The last line of the story says it all for me, but why wait?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

No justice. This sux. How about including an ending? Giving it a generous 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

fuck the bullitt not worth spending the rest of you life in prison over trash.. slut wife , love my ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

We need a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Powerful, but sad, story the ultimate betrayal of a husband. The "wimpy" nerd showed true strength in holding steady to his decision, to remove those traitors from his life.

Why would Colleen be crying over losing a husband she does not think much of?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pshh just leaving the story at its climax with no actual conclusion?

I hate when authors leave things like this, “to the readers imagination”. F that!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I still think this is a good story, but when I read something like this where the husband is stuck living in the house for 2 weeks and hiding in his room, I think "Where are his real friends?" Is there no one he can go to to live for a few weeks?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

aaaand that´s it?!

I mean yeah at least he is no willing participant but 4 pages for... this "ending"

leaves an sour aftertaste

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seems like the author forgot to post the last few pages that actually finishes the story. Ugh. Hate when I waste time reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was it? Where is the end?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

does not end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really hoping that there's a part II.

Rayjag1980Rayjag1980about 2 years ago

Someone needs to write a conclusion to this story, show the consequences of their actions. Good story, 4 stars!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Good first chapter.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

3 stars just because there was never a follow-up or second chapter, unlikely to happen from the author as they haven't been on since 2019 sadly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Okay as far as it went but I would have liked to have an ending. Him just walking out just doesn't equal "The End". Did she fight the divorce? Did they fight being named? Why give her the house? At least try for a 50/50 split. Maybe sue for fraud since she lied about the pill for 10 years denying him the opportunity for children. Lots of ways to go other than "faster than a bullet". You expect use to believe a wimp is suddenly going to get a gun, carry concealed, and wait for an opportunity to kill a man? Hardly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the stupidest endings ever... all that was missing was MC saying, "Meh!" or "Whateverrrr!"

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Congrats on creating the wimpiest fucking character EVER!!!! He's really sickening and an embarrassment to all males everywhere, even the gay ones.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

Hubby was a useless tool. Never did anything with himself. Stared at the wall rather than moving on with life. Why Colleen gave a damn about him was the real mystery. Also, she claims to love him and faints, etc. Why? What was there to love? No explanation for why she didn’t want his baby, or why she loved him. Again, nothing about his character to love. His good grades apparently got him nowhere. This story left all the questions it created unanswered. A fail.

oldguy1oldguy1over 1 year ago

Author started with the MC as a wimp and ended with him still a wimp from highschool through college then ten years of marriage and still a loser couldn't even leave with dignity just a little wimp sad really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

such a wimp throughout!!!!Good that Coleen fucked Keith.... not worth this guys genetic material being passed down to a kid!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So bad. He worked hard, got good grades and got a crap job at the hospital?

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 1 year ago

This story had a number of writing errors and was not erotic. Also, a good story has the main character undergo change. Unfortunately the main character (“hero”) of this story never changes. He made no effort to change or improve himself. Getting good grades failed to enable him to advance in his job, let alone his life. Not a good read. But considering it was the author’s first story I raised my score from one to two stars. I think an editor and some reading about improving one’s writing would help this author.

ironman1017ironman1017about 1 year ago

I wanted more from his slut wife’s perspective after he left at the “end”. What happens to her? What happens to him?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

That’s it?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So painful, a story for a masochist who like to fee the paid of others.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What an unconscionable

waste

of a

reader's bloody

time. -0-

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This writer was one and done. That was one too many.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A story needs a character, not necessarily even the main character, but someone the reader can like, identify with or, even revel in their self-destruction. This story had zero likable characters. There is no PLEASURE in reading this unless you're a masochist. DO NOT READ.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You so need to continue this .....

skruff101skruff1018 months ago

Just a comment on the comments, have you ever noticed that the anonymous ones are all written by people that can’t spell, which is probably why they remain anonymous lol.

bigeightguybigeightguy6 months ago

Where's part 2??

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Absolutely great story. I do wish old Toad had written a dozen more.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous