All Comments on 'The Cabin on The Blue Ch. 03'

by Bliss_Deveraux

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Crusader235Crusader235almost 5 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story, worthy of the five stars I gave your series. Sad to see it's "conclusion" you say. This could go on for several more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
My 2 cents

Another great chapter. I see you continue to bring the characters along and add depth to them. I love the flow of the story also. I hope the new women do not get involved with the love between Rachel and John. Let them enjoy the love they have found (this is a romance story after all, lol). The boy will add another dimension to the story and I see all kind of bonding happening with this group. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Kiwi

Loved the story so far

Please continue writing

And!

Any chance finding out about what happened to the rest of the group at the river?

Be safe

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Time

It’s sometimes confusing, how they discuss time. They speak as if it’s been many years since society ‘fell’. In the first chapter, John describes several years of war. He’s had time to scavenge a great deal of goods and supplies, and setup many remote caches for storage and emergencies. That takes a lot of time. Rachel was in college when the city was evacuated; then had (3) year-long relationships between running, fighting to survive, and fitting-in with new groups. It would seem that only about 10 years could have passed since everything changed, but Rachel is still in her 20s.

So really, how long is this after the calamities?

Bliss_DeverauxBliss_Deverauxalmost 4 years agoAuthor

Regarding Time: The culture and civilization are not quite the same as we currently know it. Schooling, in general, is much more condensed / concentrated.

Basic university degrees, for example, are what we in the States would think of as AA degrees - general education, taking about two years, after which you move onto a specific field of study. High school is also somewhat abbreviated.

Hope this helps. : )

- Bliss

EquilibriumorEminenceEquilibriumorEminencealmost 4 years ago
Fabulous Post-Apocalyptic Story!

I really enjoyed the whole story. Thanks so much! Being a greedy person, I desperately want sequels set in this world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great romance story!

I certainly didn't need to read about any disasters or dangers, just enjoyed the relationship develop between John and Rachel. And I like that it wasn't smooth sailing, there were natural doubts. Loved John.

JipsyJipsyabout 2 years ago

Please keep writing about this 'family' because this is an excellent story.

I want to know if they have a child, gather more people and are successful in the things that they talked about!!!

Please, please please!!!!!!!!!!

kdlucaskdlucas7 months ago

I love this story. I come back and read it again and again. Sometimes I think about the next part. What would happen to them as a couple, do they build a community around them of trusted people they know, and are there more couples we would meet? So many of us would enjoy reading the next installment. Please think about it.

n_thn_th6 months ago

was waiting for the non/reluctance since it is in this genre but it never came. Good story but wrong category!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBliss_Deveraux@Bliss_Deveraux
I write stories that I find to be fantasy worthy. I guarantee that every story I've written, I've thoroughly enjoyed myself before posting. ;)

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES