All Comments on 'The Cake is Stale Now'

by Wandering_Mongol

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments (Page 2)
dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman7 months ago

good but really needs a part 3 here Kurt is cut out as they were never or illegally married and little Mary (#3) is really Mikes daughter.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Amazing story, but I agree with the other comments that this needs a part 3. No Ckae worked as a stand alone, the cliffhanger worked because everything was implied. But now that you've answered some of the questions left at the end of No Cake, you need to answer the rest and round off the story.

usaretusaret7 months ago

Nice intermediate follow-up. Next?

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

A whole lot of sadness with an unsatisfying ending.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Again amazing. Wow Mary Margaret had the emotional fortitude and common sense of a youn, insecure child. Wtf?

danoctoberdanoctober6 months ago

Terrific dialog. 5 🌟 's 👏

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

WOW, I couldn't imagine! 5 BIG ASS STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

glad i read the other one first . i had no idea this was the second parts till i got part way through it . i thought the first part left a lot hanging,this tied it all up nicely . some authors would have not done a second part . thank you .

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Six superhypernovas!

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

Oh another deep story, full of pain.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent writing, though full of pain. As ugly as Mary the cheater was, as I near my own death now, unlike Margie I could not abandon my child like she chose to. Thinking about such a thing brings tears to my eyes.

I am not faulting the character Margie, we all make our own choices. But I think about this, and cannot imagine breaking the parent-child bond in that manner. I can believe a child doing it to their parent -- we imagine our own parents on a pedestal, and hold them to high standards.

But on my oldest child's first day back from the hospital, it was me who rocked him and sang to him all night long so that my exhausted wife could sleep. That's one of the moments that will never leave me. There were a few others, one when my other child almost died.

I suppose I'd feel differently if either one turned out to be an ax-murderer. And I admit that what Mary did was vile. But when she is in desperate need and has no one else left to turn to (albeit because of her own actions), there should always be mommy or daddy if they still live. Throw them a life preserver -- leave rent money for 1 year in your will. Let them know that no matter how badly they fucked up, there is one person who cares at least a little bit.

Of course, I'm imagining myself as Mary's parent, not her spouse. So there's that.

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

I'm thinking author could make a living from writing.

LitCritLitCrit4 months ago

Excellent follow-up to No Cake. As to why Kurthas a good shot at full custody - Mary is a bigamist and Kurt had no clue. No mention was made of Mike filing for divorce for abandonment, Mary doesn't mention checking her marital status before wedding Kurt - I don't even know that Kurt needs a divorce - he's in an invalid marriage. Mary has put Mike and Kurt into the same boat; they should be able to get along quite well together. Having two daughters named Mary in the same family group could be tricky, but Mike and Kurt should be able to work things out together. Yeah,maybe Kurt should have done some due diligence before taking off with Mary, but she pulled the wool over his eyes quite cleverly - why would you do heavy background on an underemployed waitress? A third chapter (The Cake Is Gone?) could tie up the loose ends neatly. I look forward to it!

KRD19254KRD192544 months ago

2nd read: Kurt has NO bio claim to lil-Mary for custody. Did Kurt adopt lil-Mary as they were married after the birth?

\

Mike has all the cards, he can prove his wife deserted her family while she was pregnant. Mike can get lil-Mary's Birth Certificate changed via DNA to list him as the legal Bio father.

\

But what does Mike want? Will this open a door to his EX-bigamist-bitch? Does the oldest two kids want a relationship with their little sister? How hard will this be on lil-Mary?

\

This was a unique sequel but opened more doors than it closed.

\

3.9**** hooyah

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not a snowball chance in hell the second husband gets custody of a child he did not father from a woman he is not legally married to. She was still married to Mike, and maybe still is? Yeah, Mary will play Kurt to keep herself financed, and dangle his step daughter in front of him to keep him in line. What happens then?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago
Kurt custody?

Many have state Kurt has no chance with total custody. That's probably true. But he might a chance with joint custody. Yes, Mike can prove he is the bio-dad to little Mary. The problem is he has never parented the girl. So his claims could be discounted.

.

Kurt is most likely listed as the father on the girl's birth certificate. That goes a long way for establishing fatherhood. Think of guys who get saddled with child support even though he has DNA proof that he is not the sperm donor. In a lot of states, marriage + birth certificate = fatherhood. DNA be damned.

.

So Kurt has marriage + birth certificate + 11 years filling the parent role. That's a lot going for him. Mike has only DNA and even though he was screwed out of being a parent to little Mary, a judge may not be sympathetic if he rules by "what's in the best interest of the child" dogma.

.

My best guess is Mary, the girl's mother. will get primary custody no matter how evil she is. Kurt will get stuck with child support, but have first dibs on visitation. Mike may have an uphill battle to get any visitation, since it won't be in the "best interest of the child" to have her life disrupted by forcing her to have visitation with a man who is a virtual stranger.

.

It sucks, but welcome to family court where the least qualified judges are given a lot of power over peoples lives.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Under 'Divorce via abandonment' which has to be a year before you can file plus time. Mike and Mary would still be married and Mary the third? Would be born. If Mary married Kurt in that time frame. Bigamy charges come into play. Kurt gets M3. Mary and Kurts marriage is null and void. Fascinating possibility.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 2 months ago

Based on the fact Michael likely filled for a divorce under abandonment, he didn't get divorce from Mary (I) until at least five months after Mary (III) was born.

Assuming Mary (I) got married to Kurt prior to the birth of Mary (III), then *that* marriage certificate is likely worthless.

However... they've been "married" eleven-ish years and almost definitely have been living *as* and using words *indicating* a spousal relationship so they're likely common law marriage by now regardless.

As such, Kurt has a chance at joint custody if for no better reason than if Mary (I) gives him too much grief over custody, he *could* threaten to relinquish paternal rights to Michael and with the amount of money Michael has he has a chance of burying his ex in legal fights.

Though not sure how I see that Kurt is able to kick her out of the house unless they've a pre-nup and even with that it is unlikely a pre-nup covered "and I get everything if she cheated *with* me on her then legal husband *before* we get married". Though unlikely anyone she knows with money will assist her, i.e. Michael or her mother.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This guy is good, this is the third story of his I've read and all have been excellent. Top marks yet again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

From Anonymous a month ago, maybe the most insightful comment ever :

"It sucks, but welcome to family court where the least qualified judges are given a lot of power over peoples lives."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The only thing I didn't get after a couple of re-reads of both chapters was how Mary got married to Kurt when I never saw how or when she got divorced from Mike? And how or why would Kurt have ANY standing in a court of law when it came to the littlest Mary? He's not related to her by blood and he didn't adopt her so if Mike came along and wanted custody of his youngest daughter, wouldn't THAT have to be considered by the Courts over any claim Kurt had? That was a little confusing. But now that you've come this far, a third chapter wrapping this all up would be good.

murfncalmurfncalabout 2 months ago

well kurt cannot freeze the money and kick her out and keep the girl (they may be married and it would seem she has not worked so he would have to provide for her, if not married the mother takes the child. I have no idea since i did not write the story but it seems Mary might have had some issues growing up with adulthood and may need help. I think there is a chance her children would want to know why (kind of like when a child is given up at birth and adopted want to find those that had to do with their creation). Mary 2 did not go to the wedding, why was that again?

murfncalmurfncalabout 2 months ago

i think it still needs another follow up. the girl with Mary and Kurt has 2 sisters she needs to know and probably her other dad

ttjbjr54ttjbjr545 days ago

Excellent story and well written.

Kurt cannot keep little Mary as he is not blood related. He

Can try to fight it but when a judge is told the circumstances he’ll turn Mike’s daughter over to him with counseling. Mike and Mary are still married as there was no divorce. Mary Margaret used her maiden name of Wilford.

fredbrownfredbrown3 days ago

Reckon Kurt's a bit pissed!

H. JekyllH. Jekyllabout 7 hours ago

Jesus this was a good story! It comes from an entirely new direction, for me at least, the POV of the mother of the cheat, who was sucked into deception and is dying. Oh my God! Well written, nuanced. Just all around great.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWandering_Mongol@Wandering_Mongol
Thank you for checking out my stories! I'm grateful, and hopefully you enjoy them. 2-28-24 It Needed Doin' is ongoing. More is coming. Yes, Kiki is a bitch, but she cuts through a lot of nonsense and gets things done. Chief Hagen is a retired CWO5, and likely to be the eventu...

SIMILAR Stories