All Comments on 'The Call Girl and the Businessman Ch. 05'

by subtlekiss

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love it

Every chapter is more captivating than the other.. Well done! I hope they'll eventually stay together

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you so much for your comment

I believe in happy endings. I like to think that the special spark called love, ultimately prevails :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very enjoyable story

I look forward to each chapter.

Greyman01Greyman01over 5 years ago
Great story

You have achieved the primary goal of all good writers, you make me want to read more! I look forward to the next chapter and hope the ultimate resolution will be a happy one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
stop!

Please...you made both of us weep...thanks again for this tale, my gal and I can't wait for the next chapter...you have us on the edge and running out of tissues!

All 5's for this story.

A Treat

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
There will be a happy ending, rest assured.

Thank you A Treat,

I appreciate your support and encouragement in my previous chapters. I wish you and your girlfriend much happiness together and again, I am so glad you have both found each other after many challenges. I know that this is an emotional romance. I live my life philosophy believing that ultimately behind every cloud, there is a silver lining, and I do want to translate that into my writing.

Thank you Greyman01,

To receive good comments from a fellow writer is always nice because you understand the whole writing process :)

Thank you Anonymous,

I am glad that you look forward to each chapter. I look forward to writing each chapter too :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
New to this story

I entered this story in this chapter and I am now compelled to read it from the beginning. Your writing style is outstanding. I look forward to my upcoming reading assignment!

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Appreciate your reading of Chapter 5

It touches me to know that this random chapter was good enough to pipe your interest for Chapter 1 onwards. I hope that the earlier chapters do not disappoint and they do meet your expectations.

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Typo error

I meant pique your interest :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Once again, well done. Your writing is definitely improving; still a smattering of grammatical and usage errors, all of which would be easily solved by a good editor. I know other authors on here have volunteer editors to help them - could you perhaps find one? There are always people who are happy to help nurture talents like yours.

Jim

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Jim

Thanks a bunch for your encouragement on my writing :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful story

So having just binge read all five chapters in one go I just thought I’d comment on how much I loved the story. Engaging characters, nuanced with all their flaws and neuroses on display. They both know they are damaged and that their lives are missing something. The story of confronting their past and present and finding the ability to trust another person and let them into their lives given their background is sensitively dealt with. I eagerly await the next chapter on your story and how you develop the characters and the journey they take together.

Paul

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Paul

Hi Paul, you have best summed up how I would like the story to progress, if I have the ability to weave it nicely into words. I'm glad that you enjoyed following Lila and Mr. Boardmann on their journey together.

I have already submitted Chapter 6. I hope that it would also do justice to the story. I think that the story will go into ten chapters, give or take.

mountaincat4mountaincat4over 5 years ago
An unexpected twist on an old story

An interesting variation on the movie 'Pretty Woman' with a more realistic portrayal of the characters. I was watching hurricane Michael wreak havoc on Florida and south Georgia but turned off the TV to find something a little less depressing. Instead, I ended up reading this. I'm not sure if being inside the heads of these flawed people was any less stressful but I did find the writing to be above average and the absence of sex was no small accomplishment for a story with this title. I'll keep reading it but if you can pull off a happy ending for these two you're more of a magician than a writer.

Pay no attention to the nit picking about your grammar. The easily excusable inconsistencies with perfect English give your story an accent that I find charming.

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Mountaincat4

I thank you for your encouraging comment. I believe that no matter now bleak things seem, there is always a silver lining behind every cloud. There will be a happy ending for Lila and Mr. Boardmann.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
So touching I shed tears

Sigh...how long more must they suffer before they can say I love you? Like the light banter of words they share but what stayed in my mind was the last part where he calls her in his sleep, and she kisses him on his lips. Will he ever know that she cares? Well-written to the extent I cannot wait to jump to Chapter 10. Maria

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersubtlekiss@subtlekiss
188 Followers
Writing stories have always been a passion of mine. I believe in a love which can heal; a love which can strengthen; and in a love which is desire and passion. When we open up our hearts to love, we see a colourful world of endless possibilities; peppered with everlasting joy....