All Comments on 'The Carpenter'

by Salandar

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighabout 4 years ago
Category?

I know what it's like to have a story creep up on you and demand to be written. It can be a like a massive itch needing to be scratched. And you scratched this one very well. An excellently-written story as always but I'm wondering a little about the category. It seems to be bordering on the non-consensual and Max certainly didn't come across as the submissive type. Nevertheless, a five-star tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
End scene ruined it

It was okay until the bedroom scene. That was contrived, and not believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Super...

...need Max the carpenter here to pull the splinters out been wriggling around that much!!!!!

BrokenSpokesBrokenSpokesabout 4 years ago
Another gem

Another hot one Sal. What a delightful surprise to wake up to this morning! I definitely like Max, she’s a keeper.

Bottomedout172Bottomedout172about 4 years ago

Best story I’ve read here.

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLabout 4 years ago
Great story till the end

I have to agree with another review here.

Great story. The tension built up beautifully but the bedroom scene ruined it all.

Diana was way to selfish espessially sending Max on her way without her "release".

If I was Max, I would not only never return but get as far away as she could.

littledidyouknowlittledidyouknowabout 4 years ago
I screamed!

I literally SCREAMED when Diana showed up since I'd just finished re-reading the Mechanic for like the umpteenth time yesterday!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good read

Very well articulated. I felt it ended a bit flat. What of the hubby? The feeling of the mistress? You came across that the relationship would continue, but the bridled devotion( the conquering) not explained well, just left out there. And after all that, max didn't get off. Seems onesided. Id have thought once she got max tied up, she'd have forced an o from her.

Idid feel the thought of the character, but thought it ended flat( anti-climatically, seeing max didnt get off). Ha, pun was intended.

TSreaderTSreaderabout 4 years ago
A true gem!

What a lovely way to begin the day! I agree with BrokenSpokes, Max is definitely a keeper! Your story, your finish; I'm hoping for more Max! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

Great story, but like one of the other comments I did think that the last bedroom chapter was a bit contrived. Personally I do like some affection and that wasn’t part of the story. However, I realise that we are all different. Keep writing, I really like all of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Disappointed

I enjoyed The Mechanic and was hoping this would also be another love story. I am sorry but, I was disappointed with the story. Felt like you had run out of story line and made it into a quickie at the end. Not your usual write.

Are you planning to continue to end The Mechanic with a happy ending :)

I still appreciate your effort and will continue to read your submission.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
more to come obviously

I am more than glad to see you back! This is a bit darker than your other stories, but that seems in line with Diana's character. Just checked The Mechanic, Pt. 3, obviously Diana treated Rowan just the same having a devastating effect on her, so I guess we are going to see Max suffer, too, and then, hopefully, free herself. I really wish she would bump into Rowan soon... Anyway I certainly hope and except to read more about Max and Diana and some of the other characters of your splendid universe. And, btw, always thought your dialogues and inner monologues are among your best assets. Best Abi

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 4 years ago

very good story, with the exception of the last page where max was tied up, but thankfully for not very long. I usually don't read stories longer than 4 pages but this one was the exception it grabbed me the 1st page and it just got better and better

SalandarSalandarabout 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your honesty!

Thank you all for taking the time to read this story and leave your honest feedback. As always, I really appreciate that! It makes me grow as a writer. I understand some of you may have felt disappointed by the lack of love and affection or the - literally - anti-climatic ending. It is different from my other work and I appreciate it is not for everyone. And then there's Diana... What can I say about her? We don't like her much, do we? ;) I do feel the events in this story - and her quite sudden change in demeanour - are in line with her character, as she was introduced in the The Mechanic series. I realise now though, she's been in my head for much longer than yours, and for those of you who don't know her - or not as well - the ending may seem out of place. That is my bad! I should have taken the time to introduce her more thoroughly and lead you through the twisted minefield that is her character. She hasn't told me everything about herself yet either, but I feel there more to her than wicked seduction. Maybe we'll get to find out...

BillyslateBillyslateabout 4 years ago
Exciting Story / Disappointing Ending

I, like many other readers felt the initial 5-pages of this story were awesome, however for me, the final page was lacking as follows; Based on Diana forcibly handcuffing Max to the bed and actually raping her, the proper category for this story should have been and "Non Consent / Reluctance". I did not view any Lesbian Romance or Seduction in Diana's behavior.

Although initially Diana was a bit callous to Max, she seemed to warm up significantly during the deck construction week. Pages 1 to 5 were a delightful type of "feline Cat & Mouse game", which was quite titillating and sexy. Diana also did not exhibit any full blown dominance characteristics anytime during her constant teasing of Max, which is starkly different than what happened sexually on page-6.

Overall, I enjoyed The Carpenter, however page-6 lowered my rating to 4*-Stars

MoreHeatThanLightMoreHeatThanLightabout 4 years ago
Straining, then jarring, but well played

While I would not call this my favorite of your stories, it’s almost purely a matter of taste; your writing & storytelling was second to none as always. Like others, the forceful entry to sex was not something I was a fan of, because it was non consensual. A content warning might be a good idea, to alert readers who wish to avoid reading that material.

While I absolutely despise Diana as a person, I think you’ve done a brilliant job writing her. Not every main character is going to be a favorite, and she was never set up to be a particularly savory person. I am quite sure that, although this story was not my ‘cup of tea’, it must well leave others begging for more. I fear for Max, and hope that circumstance brings her into contact with rowan. Keep writing, your skills at spinning a tale never seem to fail you!!

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppabout 4 years ago
More of Max

I liked the story. However, like others I was not happy with the ending. But, knowing what I do of Diana from your Mechanic series, I'm not completely surprised. It was still an enjoyable read. You craft a good story. Hopefully Max gets a better client next time. I would like to read more with her in it.

I look forward to your next story. As always, thank you for sharing with us.

sugarandspice25sugarandspice25about 4 years ago
Excellent

Your portrayal of butch/tomboy/masculine of center women is masterful. I’ve attempted to do the same in some of my writing, but you really have it nailed down (get it?). Awesome work! I really look forward to following your stories and your writing development.

MarkhawksMarkhawksabout 4 years ago
We need chapter two!

Excellent story. Great pacing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Another comment about the end...

As others have said the first five pages were extremely well written and you created a very relatable character in Max up until this point. I was disappointed because Max seemed to be pushing back against Diana which Diana obviously disliked and this really built the tension and chemistry between them which is what kept me hanging on for more. I did not see Max as having any submissive traits at all throughout the story and didn't find it believable she would just suddenly do what Diana wanted in the bedroom scene and as others suggested, I felt this scene was uncomfortable to read due to Max's non-consent. I would have liked to have seen more of a dominance battle between the two, with them both trying to get the upper hand, perhaps Diana could have finally met her match with Max and felt what it's like to not be the boss for once. I do wish the story had gone down a different route but as usual your writing and character development is fantastic and I look forward to the next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Lovely

I'm not big into non con and I despise Diana as a person, but God you're a great writer, aren't you. This is my first ever comment. I have read all of your stories, but it took me a while to recognize Diana - only did when Rowan was described. This was full of mixed feelings for me, and I think that's what you intended, and certainly how Max was feeling. Reiterating, you're an amazing writer. I look forward to your next projects.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Uh-oh

Your characters well developed. To the extent that I worry for Max’s eventual heartbreak. 😳

SugarSweetThingSugarSweetThingabout 4 years ago
Diana up to her old tricks

I was hoping that Diana would have changed her ways and at least make Max cum. I don’t mind the reluctance, at first I was like oh no but then I understood. It’s just Diana that I didn’t like. I still enjoyed the story it is well written and Max is a very likable character. I was rooting for her the whole time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Need more

Max stars... always love young strap x milf.

The building is to long, the fuck is to short.

Hoping some porn dir. make this...

Mmmmm imagine L.Cade or any young strap x Brandi Love or any milf

Rain29nsleep12Rain29nsleep12about 4 years ago
love your writing

enjoyed the slow build up over the days, would loved if the story continued with how Max pleasured herself back home or even in her truck! Max's appearance fits Max of L word and she is who i have in my head. Keep writing, Salandar. Love all the occupation related stories you have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I'd love to see a romantic love story develop from this point. Probably a change of heart in Diana, with a happily ever after for the both of them. They fit together so we'll, it's a perfect opposites attract story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
HMMMMM I ACTUALLY FEEL .............

.... almost ridiculous typing this, but as soon as Diana was showing Max a picture of her and Rowan, it immediately put me off reading any further!!

Don`t get me wrong, I`ll probably come back to this story ....... eventually.

However, I think the very fact that I started losing interest is a testament to your skills as a writer. The stories with Rowan and Riley struck such a believable chord, that even the mention of Diana in one of your tales caused me to "hit pause" as it were.

Like I said ........ ridiculous POV.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Keep Writing

Loved the story, build up, vocab.. i loved everything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It takes all types

I just have to comment on the apparent shock by some readers about the ending. If you read The Mechanic you should have some idea about who and what Diana is. It would be interesting to learn how she got the way she is, but people shouldn't be surprised when a lioness takes down her quarry.

As far as the non con aspect of the story, well...... Max didn't seem to be complaining too much, and the issue of dominance was established throughout the story. Diana was the alpha female in so many ways, and the fact that she was femme only makes her more interesting IMHO. I admit the zero to light speed jump in their physical relationship was quite jarring at the end, but Diana was running out of opportunities and had to make her move. Max was in her thrall and if she didn't take advantage of the situation, the sexy little carpenter may have disappeared from her life, ending any chance for them in the future. (Remember, Max was practically trying to escape before Diana sprung her trap)

I do hope she comes to realize how special Max is and doesn't leave her in the same state as she left Rowan. Max seems a bit more worldly than Rowen was when Diana nearly destroyed her, and Diana is older too, so hopefully the timing is right for some kind of happy ending.

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 4 years ago
Dark Romance

If romance is the right word. Max is an adult but no match for Diana. I wasn't thinking of who Diana was beyond her interest in Max and wondering where the story was going. Not until one word made things click. Rowan. I can only think of Diana as a predator. Not a person I would like. The story definitely kept my interest and was the final one sequentially for me. I'm caught up, for now. You publish I'll read.

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 4 years ago
Still the same

Is how I feel about Diana but I wish I'd given you 5 stars the first time. I like Max and that's what is different about this story. I normally have warm fuzzies about the two main characters and their friends.

I hope that Max gets out before she gets in deeper. The suggestion that the situation should evolve into an actual romance seems to me too much of a stretch. I once read somewhere that a Tiger doesn't change her stripes. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Maybe its just me...

but I had the distinct feeling we were never meant to like Diana, and I did not right from the go get. While you wrote Max into a butch or at least maybe butch role, seemed more gentle a person, I cannot reconcile her as a submissive maybe a flaw in my outlook not your writing. Lovely writing, in the vein of Broken Spokes and JC McNeilly although uniquely your style ten golden stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I find it odd

to read so many non-American English terms in a story located in America.

ramblin2020ramblin2020over 3 years ago

so glad I read the Riley/Rowan story first. Diana's appearance had me spooked but she was not as scary as I was expecting.

AButchCassidyAButchCassidyover 2 years ago

This, is an evil story. Diana is an evil woman. What on earth are you trying to do with this story. Your other stories are so good, I can’t comprehend what compelled this story for you. If you write a sequel please have Diana suffer immensely, and max get someone capable of feeling human emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written, like all your stories.

I find the plot and the non consensual sex a bit out of character for Max. And for you as an author.

One common comment to non consent stories is that there is not a woman alive who enjoys being raped. I assume that the comments are from women and that they would have more understanding than I have. I am a male but I do believe what the women write.

I cannot imagine in any universe where a person who has been forcibly restrained and sexually abused would want to return after being let free.

But then, this is your universe that you have created.

4 stars.

Perv4069Perv4069over 2 years ago

Honestly...... I truly enjoyed your story and i didn't want it to end

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

I could see how Rowan had to physically remove herself from Diane presence. She made us hate her and still hate her, she is selfish and an abuser. Great writing

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 2 years ago

A nice story indeed. I was put off a bit by the enforced sex part, that Max was not very reluctant did not take much of the edge off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Uhhh...I loved it. Shame I am not a carpenter haha!

GreWulfGreWulfover 1 year ago

Good until the very end.Mot a bondage fan.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

I appreciate that relationships can be built on D/S.

But, in my opinion, both sides of that equation are mental health issues, of one sort or another. They both indicate broken personalities. I do appreciate that sometimes sufficiently broken personalities cannot be anything else.

But, I can't help but feel that writing and reading about such relationships is kind of like pressing your foot down in a cat's paw just to hear it cry out. It's feels like rubbernecking at a major auto accident, needing to see other people's pain and suffering. We humans definitely have a wide streak of morbidity in us.

But there's no humor in Max needing to come back. It's just sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A non consensual and D's warning at the beginning of the story would have been helpful to those that prefer a different sort.

I throughly enjoyed 'The Carpenter'. It is well written, and gives a indepth look at the women who destroyed Rowan's faith in relationships and trust. Diane is a calculated character without a conscious only concerned with her own pleasure. She feeds on the desires of others twisting them into a disturbing reality. 5 stars

Bree_23Bree_23about 1 year ago

I read The Mechanic over and over again because i fell inlove with Rowan , you'd created that character so strong that i get hurt whenever the story drift to the part why Rowan got emotional damaged by Diana i said i hope i never get to read Diana's story , until this , i almost fell off my seat when i saw Rowan's name , tbh it made my blood boil that i dont want to continue but i did because i was wishfully thinking somehow Max would would get even , This Diana character is so freaking disturbing if you ever get to write about her again can you like make it she met one that will give her the doze of her own medicine? kinda like to see her beg or be left with a scar similar like she did to Rowan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I acknowledge the skill with which you wrote this story and the almost-cruel nature with which Diana treats Max in the bedroom give me a much deeper appreciation of the issues Rowan had in developing a healthy relationship with Riley.

I feel somewhat sad knowing that Max has let herself be dragged into Diana's game.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSalandar@Salandar
When I was a child, I dreamed about being a writer. Acknowledging the unlikelihood of become the next J.R.R. Tolkien or J.K. Rowling (for one, I have no middle name), I threw myself on my studies and followed a different path. Even with writing academically for a number of yea...

SIMILAR Stories