The Case Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The third round from Jake's gun took the top of the shooter's head off but not before Jake took a .45 ACP round in his upper body. Had he not been shielding Sharon the round would have hit her in the head.

Having a brother who was a policeman, working with policemen, and living in a rural area Sharon was used to guns and gunfire but the sound of the M3 and the bark of Jakes pistol so close to her body caused her to scream.

Jake put his hand over her mouth and made her stand still.

"Are you hit anywhere?" Jake checked her over carefully.

Wearing a red suit, if she was hit it might not be obvious. Sharon hadn't seen Jake take the round to the shoulder and the blood was not obvious on his dark suit.

"I'm fine," Sharon said when she gained control of herself.

"Let's get out of here. I'll drop you off home and then hit the road. Can you give me some time?" Jake asked.

Sharon pulled him into a warm embrace and kissed him for her answer. Fifteen minutes later Jake pulled up at the entrance gate to the long well-kept gravel drive that led to the ranch-style house Sharon shared with Bethany.

"I don't know what to say," Sharon stared out the windscreen but was seeing nothing.

"Neither do I," Jake was so choked that he couldn't speak.

His shoulder was throbbing and blood was pooling on the seat.

Sharon opened the door and got out of the car. As soon as she closed it Jake pulled out on the road and hit the gas. Sharon watched him disappear over a rise before she slowly turned towards the house. It was only then that she noticed Jake's blood on her suit.

On the back seat of Jake's car, inside the pelican case, the little red light on a small plastic box suddenly illuminated when the passive integrated transponder was activated by a low-frequency radio signal. Someone somewhere was tracking the case.

The End