All Comments on 'The Case of the Sneaky Valentine'

by ScattySue

Sort by:
  • 267 Comments (Page 2)
ICEGRILL007ICEGRILL007over 8 years ago
I love this!

I've read so many books on Literotica and this one is on the top of my list of favourites! You are the best! Please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Truly the Best.

A lovely story of breaking down internal barriers and coming through it into a better reality, along with a most acute ear for dialogue and beautiful rich characterisation. I loved the horrible behaviour of a fundamentally very decent person under the impact of the crumbling of her whole unconscious world view, and the role of her daughters in straightening her out. The cameos of her possibly Irish Catholic mother and her more liberal father are brilliantly done - so few words and such a sense of the personality of both of them. Stories like this (Haunted by Love has some of it too - great story that!.) where decent people have real difficulties in shedding their roles in life seem to me to reflect reality in ways that are rare in erotic or romantic literature - rare probably because it requires your excellent sense of character and dialogue to give the story life. I don't know where it came in the voting, but had I read it in time, it would have had my vote. I reckon these characters are rich enough to extend into a novel; it would certainly be nice to hear more of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More

I would like part two of this store. About how the wedding day was but a little more in deptb

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lovely!

A truly lovely story. (I was listening to a favourite, befitting song whilst reading the last page (Sigur Ros: Svefn-g-englar).)

O, to one day find the same true love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I loved this story so much. I hope i find true love like that someday.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
Dear annony! I hope you find love too, but not if no one knows your name sweetie!!

IMHO

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story. Believable and sexy.

An awakening and not rushed. Loved it.

lilamazonlilamazonover 8 years ago
Great story!

A sequel would be wonderful. :) Thank you, for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Absolutely amazing

This is just wonderful to read, one of my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wonderful

Brought a tear to my eye in some parts.

Randee1958Randee1958about 8 years ago
Beautiful

This was a beautiful statement for taking the risk. Putting everything you have inside you out there. To testify too how committed you are.

bob3737bob3737about 8 years ago
Wow! Wonderful Valentine story - tender, seductive & sexy. You have "the Voice'!

A 5 star gem! No wonder you won in the Valentine category. Great character construction. I'd be honoured to be the Grandfather of those bright, perky twins!

You really have "the Voice". Very believable story - touching & tender - a great love story, thru thick & thin. Sequels, pls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sorry Sue

I enjoyed reading the first page and a half, but then decided to see how long the story is. When I noticed it was 12 pages I "Chickened out" and stopped reading.

Lazy me refuses to read long stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Let's see more!!

Great Story of love! A little long as you stated, but well worth the wait! Can't wait to see more! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Amazing

You had me laughing, crying, and groaning in frustration frequently. A beautiful love story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great story

Great story, kudos for your imagination and invoking the readers as much as you did. As a professional courtesy, let me critique the shifting tense was very troubling at times. That was nearly the only issues I found though, all in all, very enjoyable and you've caused me to ignore work far too long because of it! Thank you... I think. :)

woodseaveswoodseavesalmost 8 years ago
beautiful unhurried love story

Thank you for this lovingly crafted story, patient and unhurried as true love finds its expression. The longings, the fears, the hopes, the guilts, the hurts, and the passions are very sensitively handled. The slow build up and filling in of the main characters sets the story at high level.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
12 pages different stages

I loved the story. Great. When I realize the page numbers I was like whoooow! But I looove to read hence that was not a barrier. Loved its content and how authentic it was. It was heart wrenching when Sarah mum walked out on vanilla dimple girl- I was like Zoe is understanding and easy to talk to the least Sarah could have done was talk to her not run and then hide. But I'm glad they worked it out. The ending was the best. Awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
wow!

That was pretty long and it kept me awake almost the entire night. It such a good story and I like how loyal and genuine Zoe's love. You are so good with the details and ended up touching myself as well when Sarah and Zoe made love. You made me finger fucked myself and I cummed twice. Thanks!

DomofthenightDomofthenightalmost 8 years ago
A Dad's Perspective

That I am making a comment in and of itself is amazing. That I am moved to do so is a compliment for your story, and how it has touched me.

I'm an independent scholar or researcher as I refer to my avocation; a published historian who lives on the darker side, as my handle suggests. But I read your work from a totally surprising view; a proud father of a 28 year old lipstick lesbian.

Within three pages I had no erotic interests in this story. Your Sarah had became my daughter and Zoe the partner of my wishes for my daughter. My hopes for her continued happiness filled with the same type of love and desires that you portrayed in your story provided me with the picture of what I had been seeking and searching for for many years. There is nothing I want more for my daughter than a life filled with happiness, contentment, and others to share that with her.

To be sure my therapist friends and counselors could have a great time with this story and me...not that they will...but even if done with mirth as its intent, this story reached me at a level that I totally enjoyed and would never apologize for claiming it a 'favorite' of mine. I owe you a great big Thank You for touching me at so many levels and such a lovely tale.

DomOfTheNight

GothicwifeGothicwifealmost 8 years ago
Absolutely Beautiful

Let me start saying this is the best story I ever read. The detail n length you described everything was perfect. In this being said it reminds of things in my own life.

I don't want to bore you with my life but I just want to say thank you n can't wait to read more from you in the future.

Btw was this a true story? Or facts on a true story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Absolutely Wonderful

Very heart warming, and beautifully written. Thourghly enjoy this exquisite story.

Stacia

delicatevikingdelicatevikingalmost 8 years ago
Completely sublime : )

Thank you soo much for writing this ... I was rapt all the way through . I think we all hope to find that incredible someone to love and be loved by , and this story filled me up . Your pacing and character development were great , the hesitations and nervousness , joy and sensuality ... perfect : )

I've experienced some of what your characters go through in the story and it flicked my buttons constantly ... tip top all round babe , thanks again , xxx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
the end of men

You sound like you want to end the world with just female. Let the girls sit on grandpa lap and get them pregnant with a boy.

A few years ago I worked with a guy from Lebanon and ask him if lesbian came from Lebanon (he was in his early 60

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fantastic

If this didn't win the Valentine's contest it's a shame. This was one of the best written stories I've read in a long time. Zoe came to life for me out of this story. Everyone should be so lucky to find a soulmate like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Even better the second time...

I absolutely love this story!!!!! It's just so inspiring and I love it and everyone should be able to find their Zoe in life someone who will love them for eternity and they can love back and I hope I find my Zoe thanks for writing!!!!!!

~QRD~

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
brilliant..

It has to be the very best story I have read in years.There was no need to apologise for the length of the story at the very start, as it was a really good, and the thing about it , is that it was not vulgar or smutty. It showed the building of love between two women and the children. I'm an old man ( 75 ), and this story really moved me. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Couldn't stop reading this

This story pulled me right in from the start. Loved the build up and the entire story throughout. Thanks for writing this and posting.!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
i want my Zoe

The writer stole my morning...she captured me against my will for my eyes refused to leave the screen. I love the emotions she portrayed as coming out is not easy. This made me wanna pursue my Zoe😍😍😍😍😍

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
fabulous

Super enjoyable, lovely short story, well written xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Train Intrique and Then Finally . . .

The story is mostly very well balanced. There was one part in the middle where when I read it, I felt it had been a bit rushed, however, looking back on it, it either wasn't really rushed at all or it didn't really detract from the overall near-perfect flow of the story. As is said before the story begins, this story focuses much more on character development, dramatic romance (yes, with quite a bit of angst though that only serves to create a stronger foundation for the two female main protagonist's relationship), and I thought the sex scenes (although there were only a few of them) worked well into the story without taking away from the emotional and heartwarming feel that we have in it. They actually boost that (in other words, I think sometimes sex scenes can be thrown in unevenly with the overall story and detract from the main plot, however, these weren't just thrown in as a side-attraction but were actually very important to the story itself and to the main characters' development -- this might sound obvious, however, there really are so many stories out there that throw in sex as if it isn't connected to the main story at all which just makes the characters seem less connected or close).

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ah! Romance!

Excellent story, loved it. Engaging right from the start and only got better. The sexy bits were great, but the story and characters were so well written that they were just a little bonus. Liked the daily diary approach, it could easily have stretched to a few more days without loosing anything. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a sweet, sexy story!

First time I have commented on a story, but this one made it a no-brainier. Upon reading, I found myself smiling, frowning and blushing, you crafted a sweet tale of love.

oneofmyidsoneofmyidsover 7 years ago
Late discovery

Sometimes a late discovery is the same as drinking an old wine. Delicious! Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

This was just so beautiful.

And I don't usually come here to read beautiful stories, but it was amazing!

Thank you so much for writing this!

1994lesbian1994lesbianover 7 years ago
👭

This is bloody amazing. One of the best ive read. I understand why it's prize worthy. Xxx

0Andrew_Nonimus00Andrew_Nonimus0over 7 years ago
6 Stars!

You would think that as a 49ish, straight, American man, I would find very little common ground with your two wonderful protagonists, and yet *The Case of the Sneaky Valentine* has become one of my absolute favorite stories on this site. I have revisited it many times, and the room gets a little dusty every time [snnffle]. It’s like comfort food for the soul.

This story so beautifully captures the experience of someone falling in love without quite realizing that it’s happening. Moreover, you have also managed to render that uneasy mix of giddiness and dread that comes with the discovery that you *have* fallen for someone, and that they are *far* afield of your cultural norms: elation laced with an unwanted, undeniable undercurrent of apprehension.

Your characters are incredibly engaging, and not just the leads; you’ve done a fantastic job of peopling this little world with credible, interesting characters. Even the ones we only get to know for a few brief paragraphs seem like real people. Lisa the office assistant’s explosion “Oh, so *sorry*, Sarah. I’ll rush an’ do it this instant. I mean, it’s not like I ain’t got ten other fings to be doin’!” told us all we needed, right down to the accent. Sarah’s parents could have easily slipped into caricature, but you made them multidimensional and completely believable. I did have a *little* bit of trouble with the Twins; they seemed just a bit too well-adjusted and wise-beyond-their-years. But they are also charming, and so *essential* to the story that I wouldn’t *want* them to be any other way. The characters you’ve created here make us feel for them, feel *with* them. We’re in Sarah’s head, but you manage the same connection in the third person with Zoe and Miss Drake. It’s *very* well done.

You warned us up front that this story was going to be long, and it is; but it *needs* to be, in order to let the relationship develop so naturally and credibly. I wouldn't remove a word (OK, that’s not *quite* true, but it’s too much of niggle to go into here). Your pacing is excellent; it doesn’t feel like a long story when reading it, and yet it seems to cover a longer timespan than it actually does. Even with the chronological mileposts you included, I found myself thinking that the story unfolded over the course of something like a year (epilogue excluded). It wasn’t until I finally decided I needed to leave you a review that I looked at it closely and realized that it really takes place over a couple of *months.* You’ve made a whirlwind romance feel like an old-fashioned, drawn-out courtship (except, of course, the part where Sarah doesn’t *know* she’s being courted). It’s an immersive story, and details like time evidently went right out the window for me.

I’ve lurked long enough to have read most of your stories by now, but this one was the first, and this review was *long* overdue. Thank you for crafting and sharing it with all of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
happy Feb 14

Really enjoyed this. Lovely romantic coming-out story. I'll be checking for more like this. Sorry about the stars should have been five. And under-ratted at that.

Thanks for taking time to write this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice....

I cant stop imagining the two main characters here. So amazing... light and heart warming. More stories like this pls... dont mind if there is really no steamy sex scene even those are kinda of fun light on the details and not too offending (for a lack of a better word) honestly I read this and haunted in 1 day to long stories am not complaining.

Pls write more!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazingly awesome

Wow. I couldn't put it down...then I got to page 7 and had to read slower just to keep from reaching the end so soon. Just an awesome read.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 7 years ago
Wonderful story!

I loved this story from start to finish! thank you so very much for sharing it with us!

Jony663Jony663over 7 years ago
One of the Best

if not the best story here. While long, it was enjoyable to read and see the characters delelope. I would not want it any other way. Please keep it going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful

Perfection

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmm

Sequel?

asliverofsunshineasliverofsunshineover 7 years ago
One of my all time favorites!

I absolutely loved the build up to this sweet story!! It made me smile and is made me wet... isn't that what perfect stories are all about?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

Its so nice to read the work of an author who has such a deep heart. Its a gorgeous story that I enjoyed very much.

number8fanuknumber8fanukabout 7 years ago
We need more of this family

After reading this story six times now it never gets old or boring but I would still love a sequel to this maybe a couple of years down the line perhaps granny comes to terms one of the daughters is unsure of her sexuality. With your skill as a writer quality would not be a problem we just need more quantity as I could read Your stories all day Thank You

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 7 years ago

This is a perfect love story for Valentine's Day whether you're straight or gay!! I just kept reading and reading, such a wonderful way to handle finding your love. Keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Speechless

I'm lost for words, what an amazing story, by far my favorite...

CreepycatladyCreepycatladyabout 7 years ago
Loved this!

Such a sweet story. I loved it! Beautifully written and such a wonderful ending. Your stories are kickass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Rollercoaster ride

Another one of your captivating tales, mixing very hot sex with compelling characters and emotional highs and lows.

After your time in the sun series I can never take for granted a happy ending in your stories so l'll admit I was on edge with this one. It's a compliment to your talent that you can make my heart ache for your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
wow

this is the best story i have ever read!! parts of it made me hard and parts of it left me in tears. a perfect love story. this has rasied the bar on how a story should be written

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I cried again

Dearest scattysue

I was so taken by the emotional side of your "story" I lost interest in the sexual side. Never have I lost interest in the sexual side of life! Never!

Fuck you affected me deeply.

Did i mention you affected me deeply.

So many things i need to say.

Well see.

Thanksso much for shariing.

Hmmm like camelot! F, like the lady of the lake!.

Pls write.

R

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wonderful

I didn't expect it to be such a moving love story. At one point I cried. Such a beautiful story! Thank you

TheReticentWriterTheReticentWriteralmost 7 years ago
Sensational Story

Such a great story you wove. Some much emotion, the highs and lows, the love and uncertainty finally culminating in acceptance and Love.

It truly is one of the best stories I've read on this site. It gathers you in, making you a part of the story, making you feel as if you know the characters as close people you know as friends.

Certainly worthy of the 5 stars I gave it, wishing I could have given it more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
No Sufficient Words

I absolutely loved it; one of my all time favorites!

RastanuraRastanuraover 6 years ago
Lovely

Very sensitive and very revealing. I hope you ended up as happy as the family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Annonumusey

Amazingly thrilling couldnt wait till the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Perfect!

I love this story so much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

This the best story I have read here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
That was Sweet

Generally not my choice but I was hooked , enjoyed it tremendously WELL DONE !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

The title put me off for a while but wow... I'm glad I took a chance...

Amazing - loved the build up and the storytelling.

Thank you for sharing.

LNC

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautiful story

It brought tears to my ears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow. Just wow.

It made me laugh, it made me cry, I never wanted it to end. What a lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing story

I couldn’t stop reading it

stroudlestroudleover 6 years ago
great stuff

funny and sexy . I couldn't stop reading this.

a lovely story well written . I really , really enjoyed it

carnt wait to read more from u

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

Amazing. Just amazing. Thank you for sharing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

This is a well written story, and i just loved it. The warmth and caring in it was fabulous. Maybe the behind closed doors bit to follow.

pacifist91wpacifist91wover 6 years ago
thank you most sincerely

you've written an engaging, touching, funny story; it's a real pearl. (i usually don't read stories more than five pages long and i usually avoid stories that deal with coming out.) i simply couldn't tear my eyes away from this one! the characters captivated me and the tenderness enchanted me. thank you for sharing this wonderful masterwork with us fortunate readers.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Nicely Done

Beautiful love story

The twins were wise beyond their years.

Why didn't she initiate divorce proceedings right after Roy walked out? He wasn't coming back and she didn't want him to.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 6 years ago
I do love this story!

When I need some romance in my life, I come back to this story (and a few others), because it never disappoints! Thank you so very much for sharing this with us!

TE999TE999over 6 years ago
Well done!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The writing flowed easily and the leisurely pace of how Sarah and Zoe's relationship blossomed first into friendship and then into love made the entire tale even more poignant. Sarah's precocious twin girls added another pleasant aspect to the story. Unfortunately, you can only award five stars to this submit tap, since I would have easily given it ten.

paulincanberrapaulincanberraabout 6 years ago
Possibly the best story I have read on here.

Love between two people, whatever their gender, is a wonderful thing. This story was long but it had everything I would like to find in a relationship. Sex on its own can be great but for me the love that grew between two friends was complemented by the sex as a natural part of love for each other. A great story from beginning to end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Amazing

Sometimes I get bored with long stories but I just couldn't stop reading this one, tears were streaming down my face on more than one occasion and the twins made me smile, they were the stars of the story in my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

You know how most stories here like have too little character build up or none at all? Well this was far far better. A beautifully written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
so very beautiful

having read this with tears also , thank you so very much for sharing such a well written story .

Arago007Arago007about 6 years ago
An FYI for the author

I found this story on Amazon as a kindle unlimited eBook. No worries if you published it, but thought to let you know. If you need screenshots or other information just send me a message.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wow... Just wow

I don't know where to begin, first off I feel that the characters should receive the first praise. They are amazing and constantly lovable. Then there's the story itself and how heartwarming it is. I love the long and increasingly personal and touching buildup that engrosses the reader into the story. I will also say I was almost in tears from Sarah leaving Zoe and especially after Zoe's confession letter, and this is shocking because I rarely cry. I truly do commend you on such a wonderful story.

gpond49gpond49over 5 years ago
More than incredibly wonderful!!

This is nearly a novella!! And that is not a bad thing at all. Not just the characters but the entire story is so well developed. Over the last 18 months or so I have just finished reading this story for the 6th time, enjoying the richness and love ever more with each return! Thank you so very much!

DeceptivedomainDeceptivedomainover 5 years ago
Totally agree

I really don't believe in ratings and votes and all, Sue is no doubt the best author around and this is probably the best story ever published on literotica (lesbian section) along with haunted by love

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Slow build to happiness

So good the leisurely way the story built to its climax. An erotic story so well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really cute

But why on Earth would anyone use words like clitty and cunny? I almost gave up each time I read them. I'm glad I didn't but they cheapened the story a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Lovely

I have read this story a few times. I find myself skipping past the sex because i enjoy the character interactions more. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Over the top!!

Absolutely the best story I have ever read. The twins they were amazing at getting their mum to realize that she needed Zoe and that they were on board and to listen to her heart not her mind. All the characters in the story flowed perfectly especially the teacher on the phone Ms. Penny Drake. Keep up the great stories this one was mindblowing perfect!

Signed hmarcus2415@hotmail.com/Marcus Horton U.S.A.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Five Stars

I loved the drama of this story and I loved how the school teacher helped the mother sort out her problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing

I keep coming back to read this story again and again. Joyous character development and a perfect pacing to the plot.

Such an enjoyable experience!

ShhhSecretTimeShhhSecretTimealmost 5 years ago
Such a Beautiful Story

What a Beautiful Story.....I loved it. X

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Exquisite

What an amazing and beautiful story. I adored it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Superb

Absolutely loved every line of this. Very good storyline it held me from start to finish

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Best story I have read on literotica.

Thank you for writing this insightful and moving tale about the power and delicacy

of loving. You made my morning vastly improved, and gave much to think about. Thank you! Comments written by 80 year white male

alexwatson62alexwatson62almost 5 years ago
QUITE SIMPLY .............

................. a sweet Valentines Day treasure.

Well thought out and well presented, congratulations ScattySue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Beautiful

Had all the emotions going. Beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beautiful and loving

I have read this story four times and each time it pulls at the heart. An absolutely beautiful story about the power of love to change a life for the better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

You've done again nye on perfection loved the characters and the ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My gay heart.....

.....i fell in love with the story from first word to last like Zoe to Sarah it had me frustrated and beyond happy, feeling all emotions. Its stories like this that give me hope....and pleasure xxx

bermuda45bermuda45over 4 years ago
Loved It

Long it might be but just such a delicious story, keeps you wanting to read more to get to the end

Thank you for the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it

This is now one of my favorite stories! I’m so glad you couldn’t cut it. My absolute favorites are the ones who actually tell a story and that takes talent and length. Also what makes this story one of the best is that there were both tiers and hot sex. Thank you for a great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Such a beautiful story!

I have read this story many times and it always brings a tear to my eye. Thank you for writing this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 stars

You will always get 5 stars on your stories from me! I can't remember how many times i have read this story but it is absolutely the best as the first time i read it. one of your best works in my book. from one of your favorite readers Marcus Horton U.S.A.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Brilliant and so really loving.

As a younger girl who met and fell in love with a slightly older woman I can relate so readily to this. Fabulous reading and the sexy bits were done so well. Love between two women is such a wonderful thing, sensuous, sensual and oh so sexy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScattySue@ScattySue
I love well written erotic stories: those with a good plot line and engaging characters so I try to provide those in my stories. Thank you to all those who have liked and commented on my stories; such feedback is both helpful and encouraging. Well, life has been getting in t...