All Comments on 'The Cat's Meow'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
Beautiful story beautifully written

Over the moon for writing by the Girl in the Moon. Love the characters, and the dialog was both period-perfect and compelling. Thanks for sharing your talent. Nora told me you were good. She's right!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
As good as anything I've seen.

No doubt, one of the best stories I've read. Thank you, gorgeous moon-girl. Randi.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 4 years ago
Phenomenally good!

What a fine piece of writing! The characters are finely drawn with an economy of words, the dialogue is sparse but just right, and the storytelling gives us everything we need to know. Pro level stuff right here.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Superb

Five big stars.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
This was an amazing story.

I have no idea how a person can write that well. The emotions are so real, I can feel them. No one, and I mean no one, can put you inside a character's head like our lovely Girl in the Moon. She is incredible.

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago
Wow

That was like entering a whole different world. Everything is a bit off, but totally in tune. You manage to pull me into those settings like nobody else. Impressive.

tangledweedtangledweedover 4 years ago
Sometimes I imagine myself writing the stories I read.

I can't help but imagine what I would change or keep the same in most stories. I don't do that when I read something from GitM, because her characters are so exquisitely fragile that if I touched them they would shatter. I could never dare to change a single thing.

norafaresnorafaresover 4 years ago
#GitMforpresident

I'm blown away, as I am always when I read something written by GitM. The feelings Catherine felt, the way it was described, how she reacted with the world around her—beautiful and lovely and sad, so profoundly sad. The chemistry was sizzling and out of this world. I marvel at how GitM can take such a simple thing as 'boy meets girl' and turn it into this masterpiece.

Dear GitM,

I adored this story, and I adore you.

With love,

Nora

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Don't read

I don't read in Romance often, but this was worth the trip. Just a great story.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
You should do it more often, 26thNC

And bring the rest of the LW commentariat over to Romance as well.

The stories are nicer over here, and even the top-notch authors like GitM write better stories in Romance. It's just that the comments in LW are more entertaining - there's so much less for the commentariat to complain about over here.

Lue

Ps. Thanks Moon Girl for a wonderful story once again. Superb character descriptions and so readable.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
A tough story for me

Despite the high quality of the writing, I struggled with the characters. Problems of the idle rich. What a twisted amoral miasma in which to seek out a sincere emotional connection. No wonder Catherine was so depressed. No wonder Henry was so sarcastic.

I don’t mean to sound callous - I’m sure her depression is much more profound than her poor little rich girl problems. Jesus! Parents selling her off to the highest bidder.

I actually felt as bad for Edward as Catherine - the poor guy pining away without the verbal skills to make his case, however hopeless his quest for Catherine’s acquiescence.

I was really starting to drown in the vortex of Catherine’s downward plummet. What an improbable salvation she and Henry found in each other. Ultimately satisfying conclusion.

You really swing an emotional sledgehammer in your stories. Very powerful and affecting. I always carry your characters with me for a good while.

Thank you much.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 4 years ago
No one turns a phrase like the Moon Girl.

She can say more and make you feel more in a few words than other authors can in whole chapters. Five big ones from me. Thanks for a great read.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago

Beautifully written, as usual

You leave the rest of us in the dust, and we love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Oh, the sweet innocence

of the past. Just the adequate amount of kitsch, and I mean that in a thoroughly appraising way. Wonderful!

Thank you for all your good work.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 4 years ago
True Love . . .

And Soulmates beat everything! It took literally years for me to find my soulmate and as much as I wish we had met earlier, it wouldn’t have been right. We wouldn’t have worked out the way we do now. Please keep writing, I love your work!!

green117green117almost 4 years ago
I suppose that

a truly great story pulls lyricism from people, as well as the page...

At least, for people with lyricism in them.

Me? I'm hopeless - lyric I've tried for, snarky comes as second nature - strawberry blonds (and to be honest, blonds of all kinds) with nice hair have always pulled me.

The sex as salvation theme is one that I know... but a dangerous one none the less.

I have argued for barriers with a certain blond with nice hair - I think I need to make sure she understands the barrier is not really for your benefit, as a way to not get hurt, but rather as a benefit for them, to control your natural selfishness.

Honestly? I think this one could have benefited by more pages. More about him, more about her, but this is your puppy, and I thank you for what we get.

Green-something

vanmyers86vanmyers86about 1 year ago

Really well done - beautiful writing, interesting characters, and such a skillful evocation of that time period!

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah8 days ago

The crux of this story was the conversation had by Catherine and Henry outside the bar. Cracks in Cat’s gloom began when she chose to a take a chance with Henry and let herself hope. It was reminiscent of a levee break; a cascade beginning with a trickle. This story was wonderfully, powerfully written.

This author could clean up shooting craps at the casino of her choice. Every time she rolls, it comes up a 5.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***

SIMILAR Stories